Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM

"Vinty, I could never hate you!" He moved to sit beside her, leaning against the bench. "It . . . wasn't you. I wish I hadn't seen it. It was Dar'ian." The male narrowed his blue eyes, shaking his head. "Perhaps I'm acting like a jealous child, but I have to know . . . do you love him?"
Lyle's eyes were on locked on her face again, and the young lord frowned. "Don't cry."

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM

"No I don't love him, I love you!" she said and let the tears fall. "How can I not cry when the man I love has been ignoring me for days now..." she said and looked at him sadly. "I love you and only you, Dar'ian is a close friend...nothing else." she whispered and looked at him.

Esmme

Old 04-23-2012, 04:13 AM

The words that came from Vinty's lips made Da Vinci frown slightly. She was telling the truth: he knew it. Reaching forward, he wiped away a tear from the elf's cheek. "Vinty," he breathed, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. . . . " He trailed off, meeting Vinty's eyes for a few moments. His blue gaze filled with his apology.

"Then let him stay as a friend," he whispered, leaning over to press a kiss to the elf's forehead. "I'm sorry for ignoring you. It was . . . childish of me." Lyle frowned again, and then wrapped his arms about Vinty and hugged her tightly. "What a fool I've been."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-23-2012, 04:10 PM

Vinty sobbed as she sat on the bench, crying into the flowers around her. When he wiped away her tear, Vinty froze and looked at him, her eyes wide. She stared at him, a small smile playing on the corners of her lips. She was happy to have him close again, to be able to look at him again. "He is just a friend...I promise Lyle..." she whispered and blushed lightly at the kiss on the forehead. "Childish yes...but I suppose you had your reasons for it..." she whispered and let him hug her tightly, happy to feel his arms around her again.

Esmme

Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 PM

"Reasons. Yes," Lyle smiled a bit, pulling away so he could meet the elf's gaze. "I'm actually childish, perhaps." Thinking back to the first day he'd met Vinty, Da Vinci smiled. She really hadn't changed. "I hate it when you cry," he muttered, linking his hand with hers. But, of course, she already knew that.

((:D Alright, so from here . . . we start a fight. :twisted:))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 PM

Vinty looked at him with her brown eyes and smiles lightly. She loved him very much and remembered the time when he had found out she was en elf..she felt terrible and never wanted to come back. To her surprise he wanted her to stay and visit him always...it made her really happy and she was glad that he didn't order her killed. "I'll stop crying then..." she whispered and wiped her eyes.

((A fight? Cool! Who's in the fight?))

Esmme

Old 05-05-2012, 04:42 AM

"Good." Lyle bumped Vinty's arm with his. "You should see the others. They're having quite the blast." A smile slid onto his face as the young noble chuckled. "Besides, I think we owe this moment a dance. Dar'ian is playing in the lobby." He gently pulled the elf to her feet, leading her after him until they were in the main hall of the mansion once again.

There, Dar'ian glanced up from his stringed instrument and smiled a bit. He saw the look in the couple's eyes, and he knew exactly what it meant. You've finally chosen, Vinty. Good. He suits you. The musician let his brown eyes move back to his fingers as they continued their song. The feelings he felt for Vinty and Lyle were bittersweet, to say the least.

As Da Vinci and Vinty entered, Isabella smiled. "Have you kissed her yet, Lover-boy?" The dark-skinned woman moved with Niklas in a dance that was a little less structured than the one that Lyle led Vinty into.

"Thank you for your advice, Isabella," Lyle said, a blush on his face. "But I take things at my own speed." He brought Vinty into a ballroom position before moving her to the song that Dar'ian played.

((:twisted: You'll see. Mwahahahah!!))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Vinty looked at him and smiled. "It's nice to know that everyone is enjoying themselves." she said and looked down at her hands on her lap. Hearing him talk about dancing, surprised Vinty. "Dance?" she repeated and shook her head. "No, I..I don't really think that's a good idea, I'm not the best dancer." she explained. It was useless, it seemed that Lyle wasn't going to take no for an answer. Sighing mentally, she hoped she wouldn't embarrass herself in front of everyone here. As they began to dance, Vinty blocked out all distractions, and focused on dancing correctly.

((Ahhhh...okay then. ^_^))

Esmme

Old 05-10-2012, 06:03 AM

Despite all the protests, Lyle managed to lead Vinty in a dance that wasn't too halting. "You're stiff," he chuckled halfway through, "Just relax. Close your eyes. I'll lead you." The male smiled, releasing the elf's hand to brush hair from her face. "Trust me."
-

Vinty didn't have to be worried about anyone noticing her mistakes. Dar'ian was playing his instrument, and the other couple were making their dance based on mistakes. Still . . . it was nice to have peace at last.

((:XD After you reply, I'll time skip again. :yes:))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM

Vinty frowned. "Sorry Lyle...I'm not the best dancer..." she whispered and looked at him. His lovely blue eyes always made her smile. They had a gentle look at the moment as they looked at her, and she was happy about that. Listening to him, Vinty blinked a few times. "Close my eyes?" she repeated and nodded. Closing her eyes, she relaxed like he said and waited.

Esmme

Old 05-21-2012, 06:35 AM

((Your avi is adorable!! :D))

Lyle, true to his word, led Vinty in a dance. When she closed her eyes, she could do nothing but move with him. The day was spent happily, spending time together. In the end, he really did end up kissing the elf. . . .

It was almost a week later when violence erupted once more. Da Vinci was hard-pressed by a sudden reaction to the elves living with him. Men from another city had come . . . and they had the king's men with them. Though Lyle was a lord, he was still subject to his king. The decision to harbor elves had spread like wildfire . . . and now it was time to face the consequences.

"You don't understand," Da Vinci stood in the city square, placing himself between the king's knights and a family of elves. "These people are on my land. They are under my protection." His voice was low and cold.

From where Dar'ian stood a few feet away, he could see the tension building. Lyle was in charge here, but the king's men had more authority. They were higher than the young noble in status, and in skill. Most likely in age, as well. The musician slowly stood, setting his instrument aside.

"They don't belong here! They are worming their way into the human world so they can overthrow us! They are beasts, taking advantage of us at every turn!"

Lyle's features contorted in rage. Now he was furious. "Are you not the beast, hounding every last one of them down?! These are families! They are nomads, and their children are here! Would you dishonor your race and your kingdom by showing them no mercy in a place where they have been promised protection?!"

The knight stepped forward, a blade ringing from its sheathe. "I would rather cut them all down here than chase them into the forests!"

Da Vinci shoved the man back, giving the elves behind him time to back away. "Not on my land."

((:insane: Drama comes swiftly!! ))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-21-2012, 04:58 PM

((Thanks Esmme!))

Vinty happily danced along with Lyle. It seemed easier to dance with her eyes closed since she knew that if she opened them, she would tense up. Feeling his lips on hers, Vinty turned red and shyly returned the favor...

Vinty frowned when she saw that the king's men had come. She knew that this couldn't be good, and she looked around wondering where Niklas was. "I knew it would have been better if we just stayed at home..." she whispered to herself and scanned the crowd that had gathered. Listening to Lyle, she smiled somewhat at what he was saying and looked over at him in admiration. Vinty looked away from Lyle for a moment and looked over at Dar'ian and wondered why he was standing. "What is he going to do?" she asked herself and began to walk over to him. Freezing when she heard a blade ring, she turned and looked over at Lyle in fear. "This isn't good..."

((Yes it does! lol))

Esmme

Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 AM

Dar'ian saw Vinty step forward. Immediately the musician shook his head. He didn't want the woman getting hurt. Not here. Not by these people. He moved toward Da Vinci and the few knights with a determination that he hadn't shown toward Lyle since they'd had their misunderstanding.

The knight raised his blade as though to strike the noble down. Lyle didn't so much as flinch. Instead, he glared up at the armored man. It was only when Dar'ian appeared between them when Da Vinci felt fear. "Dar'ian, no."

Dar'ian stepped between Lyle and the knight, using his palm to push the flat of the blade aside just as it struck. "Don't dishonor your own name, sir." His brown eyes bore into the knight, and he stepped back to give him some breathing room. Sadly, the knight didn't accept it. Instead, he lunged forward with the broadsword, aiming for Lyle once more.

There was a sudden movement, and the knight was slashing and weaving his blade to maneuver Lyle away from the crowd. Finally, he poised to strike a killing blow.

Da Vinci prepared to dodge, but he found his back against the nearest building. To his right was a set of stairs, and his left was blocked by a stall of some sort. Blue eyes widened, and for once he felt hopelessness rain down over him. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, movement broke between them once more. The blade stabbed in.

There was a cry of pain. Yes, it was Lyle's . . . but it was also Dar'ian's. The musician had moved in front of the blade just as it skewered Da Vinci. It now pinned them both to the wall . . . but it was obvious that Lyle had suffered little. The danger was for Dar'ian: the sword had run him through just below his heart.

"Dar'ian!" Lyle grimaced as he felt the wall grit against his back. He hardly noticed when the knight let go of the blade. Dar'ian fell away, taking the blade with him. Lyle merely had a shallow puncture along his ribs. This man had saved his life. "Someone get the healer!" He knew, though, with unfailing certainty that it would be too late by the time anyone got there. It was already too late.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Vinty watched as Dar'ian walked over and defended Lyle the first time. "Niklas where are you?" she asked herself and kept her eyes on Lyle and Dar'ian. Vinty frowned and knew that nothing good was going to come out of this..she didn't want to look but couldn't force herself to look away. "I want to help...but how?" she asked herself and looked around at the large crowd. Looking around, Vinty began to walk through the crowd looking for Niklas even Isabella was a welcomed sight at the moment. However, they were nowhere to bee seen in such a large crowd. 'someone get the healer!' was all she heard when she turned in time to see Dar'ian take the blow. "NO!" she cried out and ran over to see him.

Esmme

Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 PM

Lyle was on his knees, pressing a hand to the wound. The blade had been pulled free as the knight stepped back, leaving the musician in a widening pool of blood. "Dar'ian! You . . . stupid fool!" It wasn't venom that laced his tone, but sadness. Though they hadn't been as close as they once were, a mutual understanding had grown between them. They were friends once more - and just in time for this.

"If they kill you," Dar'ian grimaced, pushing Lyle hands away from the wound, "this is all for nothing. The elves need you, Lyle." His features were pale, and his breath already labored. As every bit of him became heavy, Dar'ian struggled to keep his eyes open. He was loosing too much blood.

Da Vinci met Vinty's gaze momentarily before looking down at the musician. There was too much blood.

Dar'ian weakly bumped Vinty's fingers with his as she got closer. "Vinty," he breathed, trying with obvious difficulty to stay awake. When Dar'ian coughed, it sounded horrible - he was bleeding internally. It was likely that his lung had been punctured. More than that, too. It was a fatal blow.
It seemed to please Dar'ian to see Vinty again, but as his eyes closed and breathing slowed, he fell out of awareness. It was enough to know that the elf was nearby. His fingers loosely closed about Vinty's until finally his hand fell away.

-

Niklas and Isabella appeared the moment the healer did. They were breathing harshly, as though they had been the ones to run off to retrieve the man. It was obvious that they were too late.

"Dar'ian. . . ." Isabella's features fell. Her brother. All she could see was her brother lying in a pool of crimson liquid. "No." She couldn't get any closer, yet she wouldn't leave. When the healer finally checked Dar'ian's pulse, finding it extremely weak, Isabella's tears began to fall. Everyone knew that it was too late. There was nothing they could do.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-30-2012, 05:22 PM

Vinty frowned as she fell to her knees beside him. "Sir Dar'ian...." she whispered and smiled softly as she held his hand. She looked at all the blood and frowned when his hand fell away. "No....no..." she said and desperately took his hand again and felt the tears fall. "No Dar'ian...you can't leave!" she cried and shook her head. "You're the only friend I have! You can't leave me alone!" she cried and continued to sob as she held his hand in both of hers.

Esmme

Old 05-30-2012, 07:49 PM

"No Dari'an...you can't leave!"

The voice echoed in the back of his mind. I'm alright. He couldn't speak the words. For some reason, he couldn't move his mouth. He couldn't even open his eyes. It was a strange feeling: a separation of body and spirit. You aren't alone, Vinty. Dar'ian felt a sharp stab of sorrow fill him. He wished it didn't end like this.

The musician's brown eyes struggled to stay on the elf's features, and the slightest of smiles tugged at his lips. "You . . . will never be . . . alone." Dar'ian's voice was barely above the whisper of breath that left his lips. In all actuality, human ears wouldn't hear it. Only elven - Vinty could hear his words.

Lyle knew when Dar'ian finally just stopped fighting. It was a subtle change. His pale features lost what little life they held, and the musician fell as still as stone. Vinty's tears carefully tapped out a quiet rhythm on Dar'ian's leather bracer as she clutched his hand to him. The crowd had gone silent.

Slowly, Isabella approached and fell heavily to her knees beside Vinty and Lyle. "Little brother," she whispered, reached up to touch his forehead. Her tears joined Vinty's as she leaned over and rested her forehead against Dar'ian's. "Why you?"

Niklas stood behind the dark-skinned woman, watching with sad eyes.

It was Lyle who was struggling. He stood, his icy gaze turning to the knights who stood quietly a few feet away. "The elves are my people now." His voice was low, shaky. It slowly strengthened. "Tell your king that his honor lies with protecting them instead of killing his own people needlessly." He had half a mind to have these knights killed on the spot, but . . . it would be better to let them return to the king who'd sent them.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM

Vinty frowned and continued sobbing like a baby but quickly hushed herself and the others as she listened to him. That consoled her very little and brought a weak smile to her lips. "Of course I won't...you'll always be with me, you'll always be my best friend." she whispered and continued to hold onto Dar'ian's cold and lifeless hand tightly. "You'll always be with me..." she said and knew that she probably sounded crazy to everyone else. She looked up and looked at Niklas. "He spoke to me...you didn't hear him?" she asked and frowned before sobbing some more. Because of this meaningless war, she had lost a friend and Isabella lost a brother...all for what?

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 05-30-2012 at 08:14 PM..

Esmme

Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 PM

The knights had left. Everyone in the town backed away, leaving the group alone with their sorrow.

Niklas shook his head slightly. "He spoke, but I didn't hear." He reached out to place a hand on the woman's head, stroking her hair gently. "It's good to cry for him. He deserves friends who care." He watched in silence, his fingers carefully leaving Vinty's head as Isabella stood. He pulled the woman into a hug just as Da Vinci returned.

Lyle raked a hand through his dark hair, looking ready to cry. He'd lost Dar'ian in a senseless fight. Now, the king would be furious. But . . . so would his people. Already they were inspired: every elf and man in the city would stand with Lyle should the need call for it. It most certainly would.

Da Vinci carefully knelt beside Vinty, his arm moving to rest around her shoulders. "I'm sorry," he whispered, ignoring the small twinge of pain in his side as the healer forced him to sit still. The wound was easily stitched and cleaned - it was a small gash. "This wasn't how he should have . . . ."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 PM

"He...he was the one who invited me to the Estate the first day. He talked to me and we understood each other since we were both elves. No he's gone...for what?" she answered and wiped her eyes. Vinty really didn't want to leave that spot, she wanted to stay at his side always. "I miss him already, but he said he was always going to be with me...he told me that himself, that I'd never be alone." she said and forced a smile.

Esmme

Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 AM

That evening, everyone sat quietly around the dining hall. The silence was so thick, one could cut it with a blade. Da Vinci had given a toast in Dar'ian's honor, but . . . just the thought that the musician was missing would forever stain the estate. Everyone had grown used to seeing the tall male around the grounds. Everyone enjoyed the music that seemed to flow in the air about him. It would be difficult to handle his absence.

"The king will send his men by the end of the week," Lyle said quietly, swirling his wine about the glass in his hand. He sat beside Vinty, with Niklas and Isabella on his left side. As always, the young lord sat at the head of the table. "I've already started the guardsmen with their duties. Supplies will be rounded up, shelters for the women and children will be in place, and barricades are being built."

He raked a hand through his dark hair wearily. Lyle's voice was low, husky, and worn. He felt like the weight of the world was on his shoulders once more. "I wish it wasn't like this while you were here, Vinty." Da Vinci smiled sadly.

((:XD So the attack happens. I'm guessing they will win? LOL))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-28-2012, 06:51 PM

Having to leave Dar'ian's side was harder than it looked. As she around the dining hall, she listened -or at least tried to- to listen to what Lyle was saying. Vinty had smiled sadly when she joined the toast, the estate just felt so empty without Dar'ian's music to fill it. She had been thinking of practicing playing his music but knew that it just wouldn't be the same, it would have a different sound to it now that he was gone. He'd never be forgotten though, he'd always be remembered. Vinty would never be able to forget him, he was a great friend and a fellow elf. Looking over at Lyle she shook her head softly. "It's okay, it's not your fault....none of this is your fault." she whispered.

((Yeah, they have to win. ^_^))