Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 PM

Arrange marriage...in high school?

This is between us. Please don't post if your name isn't in the title, but feel free to read along.

Name: Dorian Heder

Ever_After
All shall come to a happy end

Old 03-29-2013, 10:15 PM

Quiana(Quin) Armistead

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 PM

Dorian slammed his locker shut. He was not a morning person, but at least he had some soda on him to wake him up. With a sigh he stared blankly at his locker, trying to figure out what to do with the few minutes of free time before first period started.

This year was going to be awkward; his friends would all be dating and hanging out with girls, and Dorian's mom didn't want him to date anyone. It wasn't fair. That had always been the rule, but this year, it really mattered to him. "This year blows already," he mumbled to himself as he adjusted his backpack. With another annoyed sigh, he walked down the hall to his first classroom. At least he had it with one of his friends, but his friend wasn't there yet.

Not that he minded. He would just sit there like a good little boy and wait for class to start. At least he would be able to see who he had class with.

Ever_After

Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 PM

The conversation flowed as it normally did with her group of friends. Mostly they talked about the summer soccer league, school try outs, and what boy Rachel was crushing on. The big difference from just half a year ago was that she was in school with her friends instead of one of those stuffy private school her parents had made her attend. She would get to play soccer with her friends finally going to the same school as them. Public school was going to be so awesome.

Rechecking that she had everything she needed for first period the little ball of excitement in her chest grew. This was going to be so much better. Heather and Alex ended up having the same first period with her. In fact the twins had most of the same classes as her which did make her feel better.

The class wasn't that full yet but she was to busy listening to Alex retell the story of how Heather had gotten her head stuck in a fence back when they were seven. the light brown haired teen had to have heard that story ten times but every time the boy told it it just got funnier.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 PM

First period dragged on. But at least Dorian's friend, Gabe, was in the same class as him, which made it easier. There was also the fact that his first class of the day was History, and the teacher was incredibly laid back and didn't jump into a lecture. It was all about introducing herself to the class, and having random students talk about themselves.

Dorian and Gabe pretty much ignored what was going on and spent the time texting each other on their cellphones, trying not to get caught. Dorian and Gabe were talking about what they were going to do this upcoming weekend, and how they wanted to go to a party. Dorian wanted to go especially because he knew girls were going to be there, and if he could forget about how he was already in a stupid relationship for one evening, it would make him happy.

Ever_After

Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 PM

English was fairly easy compared to her last school. They went over the syllabus and the different books they would be covering in that class.Some she had already read. The teacher however wasn't at all what she expected. The tall older woman wore a flowing skirt and moved around as she talked making jokes and talking with her hands. Apparently she was also the humanities teacher. A check check of her scheduled showed that she did have that class this year. From the sound of a head hitting the desk behind her she cold only guess that Heather did.

A small folded piece of paper distracted her from the colorful teacher at the front. ' How you handling the real world princess.' Alex went back to doodling something on the packet that had been handed out. Quin's cheeks puffed out at the sarcastic tone she just knew Alex was using. She hated that nickname. Even though the little mock bow some of her guy friends did when they called her that
was just super funny. 'Just fine. I love the fact that I'm in school with you guys now.' The note followed that line Heather at some point snatching it and demanding to be included in the not of time killing- as she had dubbed it.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 PM

Since everyone had already introduced themselves, Dorian and Gabe were now chatting regularly in class, just like everyone else in the class. While they chatted, their teacher quietly passed out the syllabus for the class and everyone just put it away without glancing at it. Dorian made a mental note to really look at it later when he had the free time.

"I'm so bored and tired," he grumbled to Gabe. "What are you doing after school?"

"Me? Nothing," Gabe said. "I was gonna play video games at home before doing homework. Want to come over?"

"If my mom says it's okay. I'll call her later and ask. I doubt she'll say no."

"Sure." Gabe said. he looked back down at his phone, probably browsing the internet. "School sucks already," Gabe muttered. Dorian almost didn't hear him.

"You're telling me," Dorian said, looking down at his own phone.

Ever_After

Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 AM

The conversation went from what classes they were taking to what clubs they were joining. Quin wasn't at all surprised that Alex was trying out for the boys soccer team, 'It's going to be so weird not playing with you and the other guys.'
' Not like we wont be playing for the same school. Plus there will be the summer youth teams.'
Heather was thinking about the Art club but Quin doubted the girl would commit to any club. Ever since the first time the blond came to watch one of her brothers games she knew that the female twin was flighty. Of course she would never think of that as a bad thing in her friend. heather was just a free spirit.

It felt like no time before the bell rang and the class rushed out of the room. The three were a little slower in leaving mainly to avoid being trampled. Pushing a stray curl out of her eyes Quin waved goodbye to her friends and headed off in the opposite direction. Alex had history and Heather had art. She was sure she would have at least one friend in Algebra or at least she hoped. If English was any judge the first day of classes was going to be boring.

Quin wasn't sure if the halls were just smaller in high school or if there were more kids. Another thing she would have to get used too. it was like taking the good with the bad. Crowded halls but no uniforms. A fair trade. Personally she enjoyed the ability to wear jeans to school. Tightening her grip on her backpack she weaved in between a group of senior looking up every so often to read the numbers on the doors.C16, C14, She was getting closer to C10.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 AM

Now that class was over, Dorian gathered his stuff. "I'll see you later," he said to Gabe, who just grunted and walked out of the room. Dorian checked his schedule for his next class. He wasn't entirely sure where to go, but he could just figure it out.

He didn't know anyone in his next class, but he could see her down the hall. He groaned inwardly. She was the last person he really wanted to see. Dorian didn't even know that she went to this school. Now things were going to be even more awkward. With a sigh he walked closer to her and smiled. It was a forced grin. "Hey Quin," Dorian said, trying to be nice. "I didn't know you went here now. My mom didn't say anything about you switching schools." He didn't offer to carry anything for her. He could get used to her being at his school, but it didn't mean he had to be nice...for now.

Ever_After

Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 AM

C1...Hazel eyes snapped away from the black room numbers to the boy now standing next to her. She had been raised her whole life knowing that one day she was going to marry Dorian Heder and her mother had been preparing her for it for just as long. He was part of the reason she had wanted to go to this particular school." Dorian", god she hated how how pitched her voice got but he surprised her. " Yeah I finally talked my parents into taking me out of Valleywood." This was one of the first times they had been around each other with out one of their parents there." Uh..um What class do you have now?" It would be great if he had algebra with her. She had been hoping to have at least some classes with the her future husband.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 AM

Dorian checked his schedule. "Um, Algebra," he said. He looked up at the door. The room number matched the number on his schedule. "This it?" He asked her, feeling stupid. She probably didn't have the same class as him. He also felt really nervous for some reason. Okay, she was pretty. She was nice. but he didn't want to be engaged already. There was no reason to hate her, he just hated that he couldn't date other girls, because Quin was the girl.

Dorian forced another grin. "What's your next class?" He asked, shifting his backpack to his other shoulder. It would be interesting if they had a class together. He supposed this year wouldn't be that bad.

Ever_After

Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 AM

In her mind she was doing a little happy dance. What were the odds.Shifting from her right to her left foot Quin tucked a few more curled strands of hair behind her ear. "Actually I have Algebra too...or well also." A nervous giggle trailed off at her self correction.It wasn't like this was the first time the two had e er seen each other. They had spent holidays together and some birthdays too.She glanced at the closed wooden door to her right then back at the boy. They should probably go in, and if the teacher didn't sit alphabetically then they could sit next to each other. " I think the bell is about to ring."

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 03-30-2013, 03:25 AM

"Oh, yeah, probably," Dorian said. He headed inside the class and looked around for somewhere to sit. He didn't recognize anyone else, so he didn't see the harm in sitting next to her. He picked a seat in the middle of the room though, not wanting to be in the very back or the very front. Once he was seated, Dorian leaned back in his chair and felt comfortable already. A million questions ran through his mind about Quin, but he didn't know what to ask first. He supposed he'd just play it slow for now, and see how the year went.

"Hey, Quin? If you want I can show you around the school later, if you don't know where everything is," he said. At the very least, his parents would be happy to hear he was being nice to her. He wondered if they even knew she was at his school now. Dorian decided he didn't really care. His parents were weird. Knowing them, they probably wanted to surprise him. Well, surprise.

Ever_After

Old 03-30-2013, 03:51 AM

Following him in she took the open seat to his right a began digging out the notebook she had already assigned for this class and a bright purple mechanical pencil. She had friends that had already offered to show her around but Quin was positive that they would understand."Yeah that'll be great.Thank you." This school was smaller in size then her last one but had twice as many kids. She was going to offer to meet up with him at lunch but the man at the front of the class cleared his throat.

Pulling a sheet of paper out of her notebook She wrote on the top line. ' Meet up during lunch?' Folding the paper in half she waited until the teacher had his back turned before leaning over and placing it on Dorian's desk. When the man had turned back around she had started taking notes on what they would be covering that year.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 04-01-2013, 04:31 AM

While Dorian waited for a response, he pulled out whatever he'd need for the class. For him, it was just a spiral notebook and a simple pen. He eyeballed her pen and almost snorted. He held back though. It must have been a girl thing; he'd seen several other girls with those weird flashy pens. Shaking his head, Dorian started doodling on his notebook when Quin passed him a note.

After reading it, Dorian just jotted down the word "sure" on it and passed it back. By this time, class was starting, and Dorian didn't feel like getting in trouble already, so he did his best to pay attention, while still doodling random things, such as space ships and robots.

Ever_After

Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 AM

After reading his response Quin tucked the not into a flap in to her binder, maybe with the intention to keep it. The teacher was writing out some problems on the board going over everything they would be covering in that year.Some of it looked familiar form her middle school but most of it looked foreign. Writing down the problems she would have to read ahead. Her friends had warned her that to play a sport in high school you had to keep a certain grade point average.

Biting her bottom lip Quin flipped through the book sliding sheets of paper into the sections she would need to look over. like every stereotype math was going to be the hardest subject she just knew it.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 04-04-2013, 06:03 PM

((Sorry for not posting, I've been busy the past couple of days!! ))

Dorian kept quiet as he jotted notes down. He hated math, but he'd promised his parents he wouldn't slack off. Out of curiosity, he looked sideways at Quin and watched her doing the same; it seemed they both cared about passing their classes. Looking back up at the board, Dorian copied down the rest of the notes while listening to the teacher speak about what the class would cover. It sounded like it wasn't going to be too difficult, but challenging enough that he'd be miserable.

After a few minutes, Dorian put his pen down. His hand was hurting from all the writing, and he needed to give it a break. This was only his second class of the day. Leaning back in his chair, he stretched his arms out in front of him, and looked sideways at Quin again. He wondered if they'd have any more classes together, and he realized he wouldn't mind if they did. She was definitely nice enough.