NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 AM

This is a NekoLen and AzuraX rp only. Feel free to read, but please do not post.

The summer was coming to an end, the hot days were getting cooler and the short nights were getting longer. Zephyr knew that this was a signal that school would start again soon. Grumpily, he threw the stick he was holding into the river, watching it float along the surface and disappear around the bend. Again, he checked to see if his friend had arrived yet.
He was a year older than Ren, but yet the two had become inseparable since pre-school. They constantly played and slept over at each other's places, and Zephyr knew that he would be Ren's friend forever. Today, they had promised to meet each other by the river to do some late season swimming. Zephyr scowled as he sat, hugging his knees. What was taking Ren so long to get here?

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM

Ren, who usually ran carelessly around, had slow steps today. His mother and father had fights some times, but he had never expected this. Though he was only seven years old he still understood the meaning of divorce. His parents were no longer in love, as his mother put it. Though he had so many plans with his best friend Zephyr his mother had slowed him down with a job of packing all of his things up. He was going to be moving soon.

The weight seemed to slow Ren down as he moved forward. How was he going to explain this to Zephyr? Would he be upset? How was he even going to break the news? These thoughts stirred up his head, each packing in heavy stress. Ren finally made it to the river, though his unease was clear. He made his way over to Zephyr with a sad look. "Zephyr ... There is something I need to tell you."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM

Zephyr stood up instantly, extremely happy to see that Ren had finally made it. His heart sunk when he noticed his friend's posture and heard the sound of his voice. Oh no, this can't be good... he thought, his heart starting to thump loudly. "Did... someone die?" he asked quietly. His grandma had recently passed away and he hated to think his best friend would have to go through something like that.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM

Ren looked at Zephyr sadly, his heart twisting. He could feel his lips trembling as he opened them gently. Silently he shook his head, saying no the the idea of anyone's death. In a way though, he considered this like death. Leaving this place would kill him on the inside. His voice choked between sobs as he began to speak. Out of his brown eyes came clear crystal blue tears as his body stood in a shaking motion. "I... I am moving... Somewhere really, really far away... Zephyr ... I... I don't want to go... Zephyr ..."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM

As soon as his friend started to cry, Zephyr rushed to his side and hugged him. Ren's parents had been fighting a lot recently, so Zephyr knew that his friend wasn't the happiest. That's why he had invited him to the river, so they could have some fun before summer was finished. Now he felt his heart braking. No, they couldn't do this to them. They couldn't rip them apart. Ren was his best friend. He cared deeply for the boy.
"It's ok... It's ok...." was all Zephyr managed to say, starting to choke on his own tears. "Ask them if you can stay here! You can live with me!" he suggested wildly, somehow knowing that it couldn't possible.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 11:44 AM

Ren clung to Zephyr as he came over to comfort Ren. Ren as attached to Zephyr in a strange and deep way. How could this be happening to them? They were so close. There had to be some mistake to all of this. Ren hoped it was all just a bad dream. But it was reality and it was hitting him with a load of bricks. All of Ren's pain came out in pain-filled sobs. "Zephyr ..."
Though the thought of living with Zephyr sounded so nice, he also knew it was impossible. Ren was going with his mother, and he didn't even know where. A sudden thought came to mind. "I will send you a letter everyday... I promise we will meet again someday..."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 PM

Zephyr, tears-filled in his eyes, let go of Ren. He held out his pinky and smiled weakily. "Pinkie swear?" He knew that promises like this where hard to keep. He knew that it would be almost impossible to write everyday and to meet each other again. But just the act of pinkie swearing made hope raise a little in his chest. He couldn't even think about a life without Ren. They were almost like twin brothers. Zephyr had taught Ren how to ride a two-wheeled bike. Ren had taught Zephyr how to tie his shoes. Zephyr would never forget his special friend.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM

Ren across to Zephyr and reached out to his hand. He gently bounded their nimble pinkish fingers together. "It's a pinkish swear. I kind of learned how to do most of it in class last here. I know exactly where you live so there shouldn't be a problem right? I'll send a letter as soon as I get there... Hey Zephyr, I heard there is a more serious way to promise. They say that something called a kiss is the most serious way to keep a promise."

Last edited by AzuraX; 12-31-2012 at 09:26 PM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM

Zephyr blinked at his friend. "A kiss? But isn't that just for girls and boys to do?" He had never heard of two boys kissing before and the idea sounded silly. He nervously peeked at Ren's rosy lips and found himself growing warmer at the possibility of being able to kiss them. He always had these weird impulses around his friend, but he had no idea what they were supposed to be. It was like Zephyr wanted Ren to be his girlfriend, but that was silly. Ren was a boy.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 PM

Ren looked into Zephyr's eyes with his usual gentle look. Something in his body made the idea sound wonderful. He was aware that they were both the same gender, but Zephyr's lips seemed to be calling to him. He had these urges for years, and even though they seemed wrong then they seemed right now. These type of feelings felt so natural he couldn't stop himself from getting super close to Zephyr. "Just kiss me already."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 PM

Slowly, and awkwardly, Zephyr pulled his friend close. He stared into those gentle eyes he had come to love so much as he came close. He felt Ren's breath against his lips. Nervously, he hugged Ren once more, kissing his warm lips. He pressed up against him, holding onto him tightly. He finally broke apart from the kiss and stood to a side, blushing slightly. Why had that felt so good?

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 PM

As Zephyr kissed Ren, he felt utter joy rise up in him. His heart quickened its speed in his chest as their lips met. Very gently Ren kissed Zephyr back with a small passion growing from his core and throughout his entire being. He didn't even care to know why it felt so right to him. He had waited years for this and he no longer cared for the sense of rule breaking in their shared flamey passion.
He looked to Zephyr as he slipped away, but the sudden warmth that he rose up remained. Yet he still felt the loneliness between them. Now that he knew his heart was set on Zephyr moving away would just be that much harder. But he wasn't as worried now. Something inside him told him this would not be their last. Now they had the promise to confirm that.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 10:34 PM

Zephyr smiled nervously and gestured to the river half-heartidly. "Do you still want to go swimming?" he asked. He wanted to spend as much time with Ren as possible, before he had to say goodbye. He was afraid hed never see his friend ever again and wanted to make sure he had plenty of memories.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 PM

Ren smiled as he looked at the clear waters of the slow flowing river. Without a word he began to take off his shirt and then his pants, his trunks underneath his usual attire. "What are we waiting for? We will swim for the rest of today ok? I want this to be the best day we ever have together. What do you say? Will you swim with me one last time, Zephyr? " He smiled as he extended his small hands towards his best friend.

Last edited by AzuraX; 12-31-2012 at 11:03 PM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 11:00 PM

Zephyr nodded eagerly, taking off his clothes to reveal his swimwear underneath. Without waiting, or taking Ren's hand, he ran straight to the river bank and dived into the deep, cooling water. He surfaced and pushed his wet hair away from his eyes. He grinned up at Ren and guestered for him to join him. "What are you waiting for?" he asked, splashing the water. "The water's fine, come in!"

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 11:09 PM

Ren watched Zephyr go in and chuckled softly. Though he was a bit disappointed Zephyr had not taken his hand he still felt joyous inside. He grinned as he carelessly ran towards the river, but he slipped under a rock and took a large splash into the river. He quickly surfaced, gasping for air. "Ah I am clumsy as ever... Ha ha." He laughed it off although he was clearly embrassed.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 PM

Laughing with his friend, Zephyr splashed him. He knew that Ren was a clutz and that he often got embarrassed over it. He found that trait adorable in him. He was like a puppy, always tripping over his feet. Zephyr dove back under the water, feeling his way across the bottom with his eyes closed. He found something hard and surfaced with it, looking down at the grey rock in his hands.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 PM

Ren swam over to Zephyr curiously. The rock he found seemed pretty normal. It was hard to find something of worth in the river unless someone had been careless. Still it looked nice for a rock. "Not bad, but I bet I can find something better." He grinned as he gave Zephyr a look of challenge. He then made his way under water and felt around till he thought he had found something good. Coming back up he held a big mud covered baseball. "Hey we could use this you know? "

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 PM

Zephyr dropped his rock, and watched it fade away into the river bed. He stared with jealousy at Ren's find. "Is it still good?" he questioned, swimming closer for a better look at it. It just seemed to be an average baseball to Zephyr. He was never really good at sports, he'd rather play video games than run around a baseball field.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 PM

Though Ren was the worst when it came to sports he couldn't help but feel excitement rise in him as he washed the mud away from the baseball. It was just like every other baseball there was, but there was a blurred out name signed in with ink. Though Ren tried to make out the writing the signature was too ruined for him to make out very well. The cursive didn't help much either since his school had never seriously gone over it. The ball was still in good shape though, which was good enough for Ren. He showed off the baseball proudly to Zephyr. "We don't have to keep it. I hate sports just as much as you do. I just kind of wanted to get you something to remember me by."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-01-2013, 12:16 AM

Zephyr smiled, taking the ball off of Ren. He stared at it, smiling widely. "I'll keep it forever," he replied happily. He swam to the shore and tucked the ball in with his clothes. As he made his way back to the river, he saw what he could give Ren. He picked the shiny thing from his pocket and slipped it into Ren's pants pockets. His precious lucky penny. He knew that Ren wouldn't spend it and know it was from him, as the metal was all melted and the intials "Z.A" were scratched into the front. He went back to the river, without telling Ren anything about the coin.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 AM

"I hope you enjoy it forever. I am glad I could get you something. I wish I could give you something better but mom says I am leaving tomorrow. Really the baseball makes for a pathetic gift... I am sorry about that Zephyr. " He smiled a bit sadly as he spoke, feeling guilty in many ways. He had really wanted to give his best friend something worth remebering.
Ren silently swam over to Zephyr. There had to be something he could do. He wasn't just going to give up here. Zephyr dissevered the best and Ren was determined to get it. Then a thought came to him. "There has to be something you want. I will get it for you. Name anything at all."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM

Zephyr watched him carefully, trying not to show his sadness. "Ren, all I want is for you to be happy. To be happy and to never forget our friendship." He hugged his friend again, trying to hide the tears falling from his eyes. He didn't want Ren to go. Adults were so selfish, they never cared about their own child's feelings.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-01-2013, 12:50 AM

He hugged Zephyr back as tight as he could. He could feel his heart breaking as he held onto his dear friend. "How could I ever forget? Not in a million, or even a billion would I forget. Zephyr I have know you since way back. Forgetting you is impossible. You are craved into me Zephyr. " Ren looked at Zephyr sadly but also with passion. How could of he been so blind? He loved Zephyr. Why did he have to realize it now, when he had to go?

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 AM

Suddenly, Zephyr ducked under the water and grabbed Ren's feet, pulling him down. He tickled his friend until they both couldn't take it anymore and surfaced, panting heavily. He grinned at Ren, trying not to think how much it would hurt to see him gone. He vowed in his heart he'd never love anyone as much as he loved Ren. "Comon, we better get going," he said reluctantly, noticing how low the sun was getting in the sky. The water was turning frigid around the two youths, Zephyr was already shivering.