ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 AM

Just the Doctor, and welcome to the TARDIS. Talk about whatever you like, I'm probably interested. Allons-y!

Edit: As the event is ending, I just made a thread in the Mene Nations, in case anyone is interested. You can find it here. : )

Hope everyone had a good event!

Last edited by ljosberinn; 11-03-2008 at 11:57 PM..

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 11:24 AM

I refuse to believe I'm the only Doctor Who fanatic around here. Step up, people! I'm suffering from Tennant withdrawal symptoms!

ARGY
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-28-2008, 11:34 AM

What are you a doctor of exactly or don't I want to know?

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 AM

Just The Doctor. And who are you? :)

Lauryn de Vampyre
Zydrate Addict
Send a message via AIM to Lauryn de Vampyre Send a message via Yahoo to Lauryn de Vampyre

Old 10-28-2008, 11:42 AM

Ahahha, I love this thread. <3
I've only just recently started watching reruns of Dr. Who, but I'm LOVING what I'm watching.

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 AM

-Joins in with the Tardis lovin'- xD

I have a Doctor Who calendar and for this month, I have a big Weeping Angel staring at me from the 'Blink' episode ... my mum thought it looked creepy :P

Lauryn de Vampyre
Zydrate Addict
Send a message via AIM to Lauryn de Vampyre Send a message via Yahoo to Lauryn de Vampyre

Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 AM

Oh GODS. I've seen that episode. It creeped me the HELL out.
Not being able to take your eyes off them? That was a most BRILLIANT episode.

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 AM

Hurrah, people who know what this is all about!

Lauryn, the new series? I just started watching the new series a few months back, and now I've watched them, all the Torchwood stuff and am starting to watch the old series, from the beginning. William Hartnell is hardcore bad-ass grandfather Doctor, it's great stuff. I have a thing about watching things in order, so I really can't wait until I reach Doctors like Peter Davison and Tom Baker, am itching to watch them as I understand they're really good. : D

Eww, Spring, how can you? The Weeping Angels are the scariest beings ever, I had my eyes closed for most of that episode, though my friend tried to make me watch and slapped my wrist every time he noticed. xD

ARGY
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Sorry doctor I did'nt realise what the thread was about. I used to watch Doctor Who but I started to miss too many episodes and stopped watching it. But recfently I have been tracking down the DVDs.

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-28-2008, 12:00 PM

To both: xD
Me and my sister LOVED that episode.
What's funny though is that afterwards, we went and sat on our trampoline in the garden and we have this pile of bricks right at the bottom, and all of a sudden one of them fell and we both ran back inside screaming xDD
We thought we had some Weeping Angels coming after us :P It still makes me laugh now.

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 12:12 PM

I will agree it was a really brilliant episode though, possibly the best idea behind an enemy force I've seen. But shit, creepy as hell.

ARGY, no problem, glad you know it though. I just bought the box set of the first series starring Eccleston. I really love him, I saw him first in Heroes and I loved him already there, one of my favourite extra characters. Then I was showing the series to the friend I mentioned earlier and he jumped up when he saw Eccleston - he's a huge Doctor Who fan - and told me he was the ninth Doctor. I think that was the last trigger I needed to start watching, haha.

Spring, hahaha! Oh god my friend so enjoys making me jump, he kept saying things like 'oh shit, don't blink' or something like that to freak me out. And after we watched the episode with the clockwork aliens, the one that is set in 18th or 19th century France? Where they dress up with masks? The scene by the bed freaked me out so much, especially the ticking noise. So after that he'd make ticking noises to scare me. >.<

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 PM

ljosberinn: I'm sure that's the 'Girl In The Fireplace' episode, and I freaking loved that one as well xD With Madame Pompadour? (I don't know how to spell that xD) But thankfully I don't have a ticking clock in my room but that one creeped me out too. Doesn't the Doctor get drunk in it as well? It's soo funny when he comes in with a banana. xDD

Lauryn de Vampyre
Zydrate Addict

Old 10-28-2008, 12:24 PM

Ljos - Where are you getting the episodes from? I keep forgetting to check the torrent site I normally go to for my downloading purposes.
Besides that, I only catch it when I can on SciFi. :( Definitely not enough for me.

That episode was so creepy, without being overly done with blood and gore. It was fantastic.

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 12:26 PM

That's the one, where he travels through the fireplace but doesn't realize how time passes much faster for her while he is away. It's quite sad. I can vaguely remember him getting drunk.. hm. I watched the new series in such a rush though (so excitiiiiing, couldn't wait for the next one!!), a lot of them jumble together in my memory - and I have a really bad memory. Which is why I'm starting to watch them again, haha.
I have an alarm clock that ticks really loudly. I can't actually use it because it ticks so loudly I can't fall asleep to it. :Š

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn de Vampyre View Post
Ljos - Where are you getting the episodes from? I keep forgetting to check the torrent site I normally go to for my downloading purposes.
Besides that, I only catch it when I can on SciFi. :( Definitely not enough for me.

That episode was so creepy, without being overly done with blood and gore. It was fantastic.

As I said before, I just bought the box with the first series, but all the other new ones I got from my friend, he has them on his computer. I tried getting Torchwood by torrent but it was going really slowly so he just sent them to me one by one. What torrent sites do you usually use? I found this brilliant torrent the other day just called The First Five Doctors. It's huge, but it has all the series from the first five doctors. So I'm downloading the old stuff from there, though I had the first serial (An Unearthly Child) on DVD.

Edit: And the most freaky stuff is usually the stuff that doesn't have any blood and gore. I don't mind blood and gore so much, unless it has very graphic torture scenes. But the freaky stuff like the angels and the clockwork things.. ickk.

ARGY
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 PM

I think it is one of the best sci-fi series in history and I believe it is the longest running as well.

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 PM

Yep, it is the longest running sci-fi series in the world. And the best one I've seen, though I'll admit I'm not too savvy when it comes to sci-fi.

Be back in a bit guys, I should go find some breakfast.

ARGY
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM

Star gate isn't too bad and Farscape is also one of my favourites as well. it's just a pity Farscape only went for four seasons.

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 PM

Yeah? I've heard Firefly is quite good but I couldn't get through the first episode. Then again, everyone I know says the pilot is by far the worst, so I should give it a chance sometime. When I have time.. :Š

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM

I LOVE THIS THREAD AND I LOVE YOU
that is all

ACH, AYVE BIN OOT AND ABOOOOOOOOT
HUTS MON?

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Crappy Lia Send a message via Yahoo to Crappy Lia

Old 10-28-2008, 01:12 PM

o 3o hello?
how do you all find the event? xD

ARGY
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Is the series of Torchwood still going. It used to be on Tv and then it got taken off. I hope it wasn't axed.

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtrain View Post
ACH, AYVE BIN OOT AND ABOOOOOOOOT
HUTS MON?

Don't. Just.. don't.

xD

Hey Lia, I'm really liking the event so far, love the new layout and the whole look. What about you?

ljosberinn

Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGY View Post
Is the series of Torchwood still going. It used to be on Tv and then it got taken off. I hope it wasn't axed.

Torchwood always goes along wih the Doctor Who series, so next year the series will only have as many episodes as he Doctor Who extras. Sadly. :C But it will continue, no way the fans would let Captain Jack be axed!

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Crappy Lia Send a message via Yahoo to Crappy Lia

Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM

. o. someone replied
xD //feels loved suddenly

The layout really looks cool .3.
but im not really talkative ; -; so its hard for me to get the candy and stuff :0

how are you Ljos?