xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 PM

I see...
Our place here... the minister of education or was it health, even claim that homo can be detected according to some symptoms and CAN be corrected if discovered earlier.
... O___O

WHAT A JOKE!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 PM

Ooh, I love Oklahoma! I was in it once! I was Jud. It was sort of a running joke in my drama group that I was always cast as a man. Jud was the best role I ever got, though. He was so fun to play.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM

As open-minded as the United States are, there are still huge pockets of the country that are anti-gay.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
I see...
Our place here... the minister of education or was it health, even claim that homo can be detected according to some symptoms and CAN be corrected if discovered earlier.
... O___O

WHAT A JOKE!
It's really sad, but there are still people who are anti-gay here. It really upsets me but I can't do anything to change their mind. D:

and that person you are describing is an idiot >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Ooh, I love Oklahoma! I was in it once! I was Jud. It was sort of a running joke in my drama group that I was always cast as a man. Jud was the best role I ever got, though. He was so fun to play.
LMAO - how in the hell did you get to play jud?

I played Mary Sunshine my senior year in the musical, Chicago. Mary Sunshine is SUPPOSED to be a transvestite who reveals herself to real be a man at the end of the show...but I was the only person who could hit the high notes and so they made me Mary Sunshine even though I'm really girl and couldn't whip off my shirt like I was supposed to :P We ended up just taking that part out XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
As open-minded as the United States are, there are still huge pockets of the country that are anti-gay.

It's really sad that people are so closed-minded >.<

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 09:03 PM

Well, like I said, it was a running gag that I played men. Also, we had very few guys in the group (that were serious about acting, anyway... lots of younger boys who were put in there by their parents even though they didn't care) and the age range for the principal cast was around 12-15, so the fact that I was a girl wasn't as glaringly obvious as if we had all been older. After that, it was up to my short hair, boob constriction, loose clothes, and lots of stubble makeup. Behold:

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Well, like I said, it was a running gag that I played men. Also, we had very few guys in the group (that were serious about acting, anyway... lots of younger boys who were put in there by their parents even though they didn't care) and the age range for the principal cast was around 12-15, so the fact that I was a girl wasn't as glaringly obvious as if we had all been older. After that, it was up to my short hair, boob constriction, loose clothes, and lots of stubble makeup. Behold:
LMAOOOO - I love it!!! THat's really awesome Cherry XD The stubble really makes the costume :P

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 PM

*wolf whistle*
Cherry makes a hawt guy

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM

Thanks. It was definitely the best role I ever got, and I think it was the best performance I ever gave. I showed a bit of a recording of the performance to the last guy I was dating and he was simultaneously impressed and weirded out because I was apparently very convincing as a man. A lot of it is in the mannerisms. I had to make my movements big and hold myself like I was a big burly guy. One of the more challenging parts was that the guy playing Curly (opposite me at the table there) was a good six inches taller than me or more. It's hard to act like you could physically intimidate a guy who's so much taller than you.

There was this old acting technique my director taught us where you assign an animal to your character and try to interpret that animal's movements and mannerisms into your performance. Jud was a bear. It was all down to how I held myself.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks. It was definitely the best role I ever got, and I think it was the best performance I ever gave. I showed a bit of a recording of the performance to the last guy I was dating and he was simultaneously impressed and weirded out because I was apparently very convincing as a man. A lot of it is in the mannerisms. I had to make my movements big and hold myself like I was a big burly guy. One of the more challenging parts was that the guy playing Curly (opposite me at the table there) was a good six inches taller than me or more. It's hard to act like you could physically intimidate a guy who's so much taller than you.

There was this old acting technique my director taught us where you assign an animal to your character and try to interpret that animal's movements and mannerisms into your performance. Jud was a bear. It was all down to how I held myself.
Jud just feels like a bear - that's how I thought of him too.....just a big big big scary bear D:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 PM

Is the version you're doing the watered down one where he just gets knocked out at the end, or is it the original version where he's actually killed?

We had to do the watered down version. But we joked that once the unconscious Jud was carried off stage someone just shot him.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Is the version you're doing the watered down one where he just gets knocked out at the end, or is it the original version where he's actually killed?

We had to do the watered down version. But we joked that once the unconscious Jud was carried off stage someone just shot him.
It's the watered down version - I don't think think the parents of the Catholic School preteens would like the version where he dies lmao

But I did Oklahoma in high school and we had the real version :D XD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 PM

Ah, yeah. Who were you cast as when you did it in highschool?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Ah, yeah. Who were you cast as when you did it in highschool?
I was just in the chorus for that production - it was one of my first musicals :D

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 PM

Farmer or Cowman?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 PM

You know...I don't think I remember what I was XD I honestly don't know if they labeled the chorus XD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 PM

Ohh. In ours the chorus was split into two halves and did this silly little... I don't want to say "dance battle" because that makes me think of breakdancing, but... dance battle.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 PM

I did seven musicals....but never that one.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Ohh. In ours the chorus was split into two halves and did this silly little... I don't want to say "dance battle" because that makes me think of breakdancing, but... dance battle.
lmao - it was something new that you guys randomly added? Or it was Farmer and the cowman? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
I did seven musicals....but never that one.
lol!! Which ones have you done?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 PM

Lets see there was Pippin, Anne, Grease, Peter Pan, Cinderella, The King and I, and Bye Bye Birdie.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Lets see there was Pippin, Anne, Grease, Peter Pan, Cinderella, The King and I, and Bye Bye Birdie.
Oh I wanted to do pippin so bad D:

My favorite we ever did was A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum - what a crazy, ridiculous show :D

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Hello everyone.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 PM

I havent ever seen that one. Heard of it but never saw it.

Pippin is so strange as far as story lines go. It was fun.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
Hello everyone.
Hey Damia - how are you?

Quote:
I havent ever seen that one. Heard of it but never saw it.

Pippin is so strange as far as story lines go. It was fun.
Forum is just hilarious - so much fun!

Pippin's storyline IS strange...but I love it :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 PM

I need to look that one up. It sounds like fun ^.^

I loved pippin too xP

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 PM

Oh man I'm so sleepy and it's not even 7pm yet D: XD