zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2015, 12:57 PM

@ Car: It's nice to have certain looks to fall back on that you know look really good on you but otherwise I think it's fun to experiment and match the makeup I wear for the day to the outfit I wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
I rarely ever run out of eyeshadows...so ditto on that. I run out of powder and concealer cause I use that instead of foundation. And I've finally run out of my urban decay eyeshadow primer. XD I need that cause otherwise it'll crease like crazy. Doesn't matter what brand.

Naaaaaaaw. I love shopping, but I dislike malls. I'd rather go to fun small-ish places and local stores. But, LUSH is in the mall too...so I'll suck it up for the bath bombs.

There's no sleeping and tiredness in Mene land!
Most of the eye shadows I've ever tried work okay for me without a primer. I have tried and it does work pretty well I just don't really buy it since I don't really need it. XD

I've tried a few Lush things but otherwise I'm not super convinced that I love their stuff. I think it was either you or Cherry who suggested that I get the silky dusting powder which I did quite enjoy. I'm just not a huge fan of their packaging. It's quite different from other products that I'm used to.

@ Dys: I didn't get into makeup until a few years ago but now it's one of my favorite hobbies. I enjoy trying new looks and products. I would never begrudge anyone who doesn't like wearing it though. I think going natural is super pretty too!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 11-08-2015, 08:00 PM

How did you get into it? And how did you get started? :o

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
@ Car: It's nice to have certain looks to fall back on that you know look really good on you but otherwise I think it's fun to experiment and match the makeup I wear for the day to the outfit I wear.

Most of the eye shadows I've ever tried work okay for me without a primer. I have tried and it does work pretty well I just don't really buy it since I don't really need it. XD

I've tried a few Lush things but otherwise I'm not super convinced that I love their stuff. I think it was either you or Cherry who suggested that I get the silky dusting powder which I did quite enjoy. I'm just not a huge fan of their packaging. It's quite different from other products that I'm used to.

@ Dys: I didn't get into makeup until a few years ago but now it's one of my favorite hobbies. I enjoy trying new looks and products. I would never begrudge anyone who doesn't like wearing it though. I think going natural is super pretty too!
Oh, then you're lucky. My skin will revolt against it, so the primer helps it stay put.

Both Cherry and I share our love of the silky dusting powder. I always keep it in stock. I can see how the packaging might be a bit wonky/nonexistant. I like the items that don't have the packaging a lot and I appreciate the reward idea when you bring in 5 black pots (hooray free face mask!). Less waste the better. There are some items I avoid there, but I'm generally a huge fan of the solid shampoos and all that.

I agree. It's fun to play with your make up, but au natural is just as nice! For me that means just a little touch of powder so I'm not shiny or anything mid way through the day

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 11-13-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I have a black liquid liner that I like but I don't wear it often. It's fun to do a cat eye once in a while though!

Nail polish is super fun. I like doing nail art.

I have a nail polish thread if you wanna check it out. I can't remember if I've seen you in there or not...
No I don't think I have seen it before.
There is a nail polish thread I visit on another site & I love seeing all the beautiful stuff they do & the colors of polish they come across.
I like to try nail art, but I don't really think I have developed a good talent for it yet.
Still it is relaxing for me.

I've never really worn a lot of make-up, guess its because my mom never wore much make-up. I don't even own a bottle of foundation.

Cat eyes are cute, love the effect it has.

My missing bag of eyeliners was finally found, it was annoying me I knew we had them in the car when we came back from the Renaissance Festival, but neither of us could find the bag. My silly husband had put it in a plastic bag with band-aids & stuff & hung it on the back of a door. Didn't notice the bag being there because I don't go into that room often. Some of those colors I don't think I could replace, like a metallic green, copper or one called black magic/green magic.

Hello thread.
Hope you all are doing well today.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-14-2015, 01:58 AM

*waits patiently for the cosmetic talk to be over*

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-14-2015, 03:53 PM

*waits also*

(not that i was chatting much in here before to begin with, but it's still fun to comment on such)

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 PM

Hello Car & Linnea.
Sorry for the cosmetics chat.
How have you both been?

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-14-2015, 07:48 PM

Lol Linnea XD

Hey Damia! Naw it's fine XD I just didn't have anything to add to the conversation but I did want to post XD lol

---------- Post added 11-14-2015 at 11:48 AM ----------

Oh and I'm good! How are you?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-15-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
Hello Car & Linnea.
Sorry for the cosmetics chat.
How have you both been?
i was totally just messing around i'm sorry if i wasn't jokey enough about it feel free to chat about whatever you please! after all, if it annoys carn it can't be all bad right?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-15-2015, 04:41 AM

we should do a 'messin' with Carnnie' cosmetic dealio!

i'mma put teal lipgloss on ;p

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-15-2015, 04:47 AM

and some teal eye shadow!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-15-2015, 05:15 AM

sorry, i got lost looking for the make-up commericial
i watched a bunch of 'mesin' with sasquatch'

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-15-2015, 05:16 AM

i used to love those commercials. then they kept making more that just got weird

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-15-2015, 05:20 AM

and violent
can't find make-up =(

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-15-2015, 06:10 AM

yea they get violent too, huh. i guess i didn't quite think of that

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-15-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
How did you get into it? And how did you get started? :o
I'm not really sure how I first got interested in it but what really got me started with makeup was a beauty subscription to Ipsy. That was a lot of fun and gave me lots of fun makeup samples to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Oh, then you're lucky. My skin will revolt against it, so the primer helps it stay put.

Both Cherry and I share our love of the silky dusting powder. I always keep it in stock. I can see how the packaging might be a bit wonky/nonexistant. I like the items that don't have the packaging a lot and I appreciate the reward idea when you bring in 5 black pots (hooray free face mask!). Less waste the better. There are some items I avoid there, but I'm generally a huge fan of the solid shampoos and all that.

I agree. It's fun to play with your make up, but au natural is just as nice! For me that means just a little touch of powder so I'm not shiny or anything mid way through the day
My skin is pretty good with most things. My real problem is that it's quite oily though so I can't wear a lot of creams and things.

I didn't know they had a little reward program like that! That's pretty nifty.

Usually I wear makeup during the week and then tend not to wear much on the weekends. It really just depends on what I plan on doing that day though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
No I don't think I have seen it before.
There is a nail polish thread I visit on another site & I love seeing all the beautiful stuff they do & the colors of polish they come across.
I like to try nail art, but I don't really think I have developed a good talent for it yet.
Still it is relaxing for me.

I've never really worn a lot of make-up, guess its because my mom never wore much make-up. I don't even own a bottle of foundation.

Cat eyes are cute, love the effect it has.

My missing bag of eyeliners was finally found, it was annoying me I knew we had them in the car when we came back from the Renaissance Festival, but neither of us could find the bag. My silly husband had put it in a plastic bag with band-aids & stuff & hung it on the back of a door. Didn't notice the bag being there because I don't go into that room often. Some of those colors I don't think I could replace, like a metallic green, copper or one called black magic/green magic.

Hello thread.
Hope you all are doing well today.
I find painting your nails to be very relaxing!

Here's the thread if you want to come and chat sometime: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...il-polish.html

My mom never wore much makeup either and I never had any friends or sisters to show me how to use it so I never really got into it when I was younger. It's funny how much I love it now in comparison. XD

Oh yay! I'm glad you finally found it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'a'Carn View Post
*waits patiently for the cosmetic talk to be over*
Maybe we should give Car a makeover... >.>

Calcifer
Fire Demon

Old 11-16-2015, 01:57 AM

BWHAHAHA!! Yes! yes we should give Car a makeover!!! *whacks Car over the head with a log of wood* QUICK! While he's asleep!!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-16-2015, 04:20 PM

Perfect! *grabs my makeup bag* Mwahahaha!

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-16-2015, 10:34 PM

*groans and tries to get up but collapses again* Ohhh... My head... X_x;

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-17-2015, 03:09 AM

*Applies powder and blush and lots of sparkly eye makeup while whistling innocently*

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-17-2015, 05:51 PM

*giggles* That tickles! What are you doing to me??

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-17-2015, 06:30 PM

Oh nothing, just a facial treatment. Isn't it relaxing??? >.>

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-17-2015, 08:00 PM

*still fuzzy from being hit over the head* mmm mmhmm! *mumbles* So nicee....

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-17-2015, 08:32 PM

That's right, just relax... *Puts some shiny gloss on your lips*

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-17-2015, 09:03 PM

*mumbles in my sleep* umfrum that tickles!! No I don't want anymore popsicles!