Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-03-2019, 03:46 AM

Shail still felt dubious, but he nodded after a second. "Alright. I trust you on this. After all, I'm not the one who has traveled and bartered before. I'm sure that you know what you're doing." After ushering Gemini in front of him, he stepped up to the front desk where an older gentleman sat, keeping eye on the room. "Hello. Can you tell us how much it is for a room if you have any left?" he asked, glancing at Gemini once again. He hoped this really didn't make them stand out.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-04-2019, 03:31 AM

Still keeping one eye on the room, the man turned a critical gaze on them. Gemini had met men like him before, who had seen much in their lives and were swayed only by money or women. This was perfect for her needs. "I got two rooms left. Thirty silver a night for one person. You two sharin'?" He asked in a gruff voice. Gemini smiled, subtly taking a breath so her assets were more obvious. "Well now, that is our business. But if you can give us both rooms and not mention this, I can give you this." She flashed the pearl at him, quick enough that none of the patrons could see, and was rewarded with a gleam in the old innkeeper's eye. "Ah, the young lady knows how to bargain. I like that. For you, I will take the pearl. You get both rooms for one night, free dinner if you show up on time, and my silence. Dinner at sundown, first come first serve. Deal?" Gemini grinned and nodded, shaking his hand to seal the deal. "We appreciate your generosity, sir." "And I appreciate your patronage. Your rooms are upstairs on the right."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-06-2019, 09:59 PM

Shail watched the proceedings in silence, slightly awed by Gemini's performance. And it was a performance indeed. Even without seeming to try, she wrapped the innkeeper around her finger. He couldn't remember ever seeing her with such a coy and confident air. Powerful, yes. But not this kind of room shaker. The second they turned away toward the stairs, he let himself grin. "You amaze me more every day. I didn't think a single pearl could sway someone so much. But then, I never cared for such things growing up. Am I the strange one, or are all men so easily swayed?" Either way, they benefitted and he fell just a little bit more in love with Gemini because of it.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-12-2019, 03:08 AM

Gemini grinned, her casual air returning as they walked up the stairs. "It is not necessarily men. Everyone has something that can sway them, the trick is finding out what it is. Though it is easier with certain men. That one, for instance, was swayed easily by a shiny pearl, but it was not just the object. Had a man been offering it, it may not have worked. What truly sold him was the pretty young woman holding the pearl." She explained. "It is something you can learn as well. Many women would easily fall for your charm."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2019, 02:15 AM

Shail gave Gemini a dubious look. "Me? Charm? I don't think I have such a thing. To think that I've managed to sway anyone in my favor is a miracle. I, uh...have no real experience with women or with charm," he admitted, scrunched a bit into his garments. It was embarrassing to admit, but he knew he came off as cold sometimes because Gemini was the first person he'd ever become this close with. He didn't think that he could read people, let alone use those charms to make someone fall for him. "For that matter, how did I ever make you fall in love with me. I've done nothing in the realm of charming."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-22-2019, 03:37 AM

Gemini shook her head, smiling a little bit at his words. "Nonsense my heart, you are by far the most charming human I have ever met. You are shy, and sometimes a bit awkward, but that in itself has a certain charm to it." She told him lovingly. "There are more kinds of charm than simple sexual attraction. Your is more wholesome, more honest... more desirable, at least to me."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-23-2019, 03:25 PM

Shail snorted again, but he couldn't help but smile. Regardless of his doubts, Gemini's words made him warm and just a little more relaxed. "I think perhaps that you have strange interests when it comes to human beings, but for that, I am grateful. I hope that I can continue to charm you, maybe learn some new charms like that coy smile of yours," he added with another grin. He wouldn't use it to charm anyone else, but he hoped that it would capture Gemini's attention as it did his. "Now, which rooms did that man say? I can't believe you managed to win separate rooms."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-27-2019, 03:53 AM

Gemini blushed a little and smiled at his words. From anyone else she would have doubted their sincerity, but she knew Shail meant what he said. "You will never stop charming me, my heart. But I will happily teach you a few tricks if you wish to learn." She grinned at him. "On the right, he said. Here. I was not sure if you would want separate rooms or not, so I took both just to be safe. That, and people tend to notice more when a man and a woman stay in a room together."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 08:41 PM

"No, I think it's good for now to have separate rooms," Shail managed to murmur, though the words lodged themselves in his throat half-way though. It was strange thinking of them being separated from each other now, after all the happened. He'd been desperate to get himself space in the beginning, but having no walls seemed natural now. But Gemini was right. People would look at them. "If we were married, it would look different wouldn't it? But we have said no vows. And I'm afraid we haven't reached a point to look like we have," he added with a small flush. Their relationship was still too new.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 09-02-2019, 03:03 AM

Gemini blushed, cheeks turning a soft pink as they stopped outside their rooms. In her long life, she had never considered marrying anyone. Even with Shail, the thought hadn't crossed her mind until he mentioned it. It felt strange, like it was something sacred that had to be earned, but it also felt right. Perhaps someday...? "No, I suppose we have not. Not yet. But later, when we are closer to making such a decision, I do not think I would refuse."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-04-2019, 05:23 PM

Watching Gemini's cheeks turn pink, Shail wondered if Gemini would like to share vows with him. He said the words on a whim, a point in example. But maybe? He shook the thought away. Still too early to even think about it. "Is that so?" he managed, licking his lips to wet them. "Well I...I don't think I would be opposed either. Later," he added after another second. Because it was too early and he didn't want to give himself hope or anxiety, since those two things seemed hopelessly intertwined. "But um, we should go to our rooms and rest now? Probably?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 09-09-2019, 03:21 AM

"Oh- yes, we probably should." Gemini agreed, still blushing just a tiny bit. "We have traveled a long way, and tomorrow holds promise of much excitement. Rest well, my heart. Do not hesitate to come to my room if you need anything." She added with a smile as she turned to her door.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-11-2019, 10:55 PM

Shail's lips quirked into a small smile, thinking about what it would look like to visit her room in the middle of the night. The idea hardly differed from sleeping in the same room in the first place, but he still nodded his head. "Of course. Sleep well, Gemini. I really am excited for tomorrow," he added with a brighter smile before he turned toward his own room. Stepping inside, he found it sparse, consisting mostly of a thick pallet on the floor and a long, low table to set belongings on, a lamp and matches waiting on the mustard-colored cloth covering. He dropped his pack and laid down, glad to have anything soft. It really had been a long day.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 09-26-2019, 03:31 AM

Gemini walked into her room to find exactly the same things. She set her pack down by the head of the pallet where she could hold onto it as she slept, then lay down with a sigh.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-28-2019, 03:29 PM

The night was oddly quiet. However, once day broke, all sorts of noises filled the village. From the voices of people to the clattering of metal, to bells, and fabric, and music, and sizzling oils in plans, it all rose louder and louder until Shail couldn't sleep at all. He startled up, rushing to look out the window and onto the busy street. So many people. If he thought the streets looked crowded yesterday, this was nothing in comparison. After throwing on some clean clothes, he rushed across the hall to bang on Gemini's door. "Gem! Everything is already starting! Wake up or we'll miss it!"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-18-2019, 03:58 AM

Gemini woke to the sounds and smells of a festival, and bounced happily out of bed. She fixed her hair, making sure her scarf covered all the white. When Shail came knocking at her door, she practically danced over to open it. She beamed excitedly at him. Good morning, my heart~ Do not worry, we have plenty of time. Come, I will find a food stall where we can have breakfast!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-22-2019, 09:53 PM

Shail couldn't help but beam back. "That sounds amazing. I just want to make sure we don't miss anything. Ah-" he started, leaning forward to tuck a strand of Gemini's hair behind the scarf. "You missed a bit. It's too bad your hair stands out so much. The color really suits you, but I guess even during a festival, you look unique. We should hurry though or we'll end up looking like a married couple despite our separate rooms. Shail turned away toward the hall, hiding his faint blush. He'd been the one flirting, but still he felt like a teenager caught in the act.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-26-2019, 03:12 AM

Gemini blushed deeply, left speechless for a moment after Shail had left. How such a simple gesture managed to fluster her, she couldn't fully understand. But she knew only he could make it that way. Composing herself, she walked down the stairs after him, making sure to arrive about a minute later so there would be no suspicion.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-28-2019, 01:56 AM

Once Gemini caught up, Shail gave her a shy smile, a bit embarrassed in retrospect by what he'd done. "Do you think we should hold hands. Um...to make sure we don't lose each other in the crowds?" he suggested. Even with the early hour, it was clear by looking outside that quite a buzz had already started. Sounds of people and even music, but mostly the sounds of food cooking and money changing hands. It was quite impressive considering the morning sun only just climbed into the sky.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-20-2019, 07:45 AM

Looking out at the crowd that had already gathered, and knowing it would only get worse, she nodded. "Yes, I think that is a good idea. The streets will only get more crowded, especially when night falls." She smiled at him, bashfully taking his hand. "Shall we go brave the crowd in search of breakfast?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-21-2019, 07:34 PM

Shail felt his heart flutter when they tangled their fingers together. It was such a small gesture, but everything was new to him and he loved that no one knew them here. No one would judge them. "Yes, let's go." Starting out into the streets, Shail let his nose more than any other sense guide him. And really, he just needed to follow the flow of the crowds before they came upon a cart serving warm pastries that smelled of sugar and exotic fruits. Shail stopped, pointing to two of the displays. "How about we each get one of these. They'll be easy to eat while we walk."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-20-2019, 05:51 AM

Gemini smiled, blushing softly. Holding his hand- especially in public- felt nice. It felt right. She was happy to follow him through the bustling throngs of people, takin in the sights and smells. When they stopped, she nearly squealed in excitement. "Oh, good choice! They look so tasty! I'll let you take a bite of mine if I can take one of yours."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-31-2019, 06:55 PM

"That sounds perfect," Shail smiled. He paid for a pastry with a red filling and one with blackish glaze that shone in the morning light. They were both so exotic that he couldn't even guess the flavors, but it didn't matter. Nothing could ruin his good mood at this point. "Which one do you want, Gem? They both smell really nice, though I think the red one suits you most."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-21-2020, 05:44 AM

Gemini blushed a little at his words. Looking at the pastries, the red one did appeal to her a bit more, and she found it flattering how he had guessed her so well. "Well then I suppose I must take the red one. But only if you are sure you do not want it?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2020, 06:45 PM

Shail smiled, his entire face lighting up with how real it was. He held out the red one with a small chuckle. "It's alright. I'm curious about the black glaze since I have no idea what it is. Will it be bitter or savory?" It didn't seem like something that would be sweet, but when he did take a hesitant bite, he found it bursting with flavor. "Oh. This is interesting. I'm....still not sure what this is, but it's both deep tasting and sweet. How is yours, Gem?"