the vampire lestat
and the bridge to terabithia.

i read really fast so a few books at a time is quite normal XD

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_sour_skittle
I am currently reading Eragon because I've been wanting to read it since I heard they were making a movie of it. I was just too lazy to take my library books back to the library (I have about 30 or so that were due back in Novemberish) so that I could get new books.
Well, my friend Angela had borrowed it from my friend Rachel and she -Angela- was giving it back to Rachel and I noticed and asked if I could borrow it, and viola.

. . . Next? I think I should probably get around to reading those library books. XD What do you think?
i wanted to read eragon, but i havnt been able to find it in the library!!

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebil
I'm reading Misery by Stephen King
I read it about 10 years ago, and apart from a few bits and pieces I'd forgotten most of it. I was wondering around a huge shop yesterday and found a copy for £1.19, so I figured that since it's regular price was £7.99... it was too good a bargain to miss.
I was hoping they'd have something that interested me that I hadn't already read, but most of the stuff they had was either biographys of obscure people or celebrity cookbooks. Neither of which really appeal to me.
i just watched that movie!! :lol:

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Fast Food Nation.

I just start it and only in the first chapter right now.

I've seen the movie and I can easily tell you it sucks, now the book is already being better than the movie.

Sherezade
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 07:58 AM

I am currently reading - well, I've nearly finished it - 'El Corazón Helado' which means something like ' The frozen heart', by Almudena Grandes, a spanish writer whose book's about .. what we call historic memory. It focuses mainly around two families in different sides during Civil Spanish War & future Franco dictorialship regime, when one of them had to flee to France so they wouldn't be assasinated.

I don't know what to read afterwards, any ideas? XD

aelicia
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-20-2007, 08:19 AM

Reading "Wraeththu" by Storm Constantine again <3

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-20-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by light
Alice in Wonderland. Is crazily cute. I love it.

Neuromancer. Strange. But captivating.

If you like Neuromancer you may also like Snow Crash by Neil Stevenson - it's in the same cyberpunk genera.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-20-2007, 02:57 PM

I'm currently reading End of Faith by Sam Harris and I have his follow up - Letter to a Christian Nation as well

(I borrowed them from the library- going to have to renew them soon - finals totally sucked away my reading time!)

I also have 3 books pre-ordered on Amazon and am anxiously waiting for them, they are

God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
Virgin: The Untouched History
and
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-20-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocat
I'm reading Of Mice And Men By Steinbeck, I think.

I've only started it. I'm not supposed to read it, because we're reading it in highschool. xP But I'm just going to read it anyways, because my english teacher assigned it.

I had to read that when I was in school - I loved it!!!

It actually made me cry . . .

morquarwen
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to morquarwen Send a message via Yahoo to morquarwen

Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 PM

I'm currently reading Delores Clairborne by Stephen King, well re-reading it actually. He has to be my all-time favorite author. Im anxiously awaiting Harry Potter 7, cant wait to find out what happens!!

Spanky

Old 03-20-2007, 08:36 PM

Genesis by Eduardo Galeano!

But I have to admit... I don't even really like it. But I have this obsession with finishing books I start even if they're bad.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-20-2007, 08:39 PM

I must be in the mood for mother/daughter relationship type books right now. I just finished reading The Cotton Queen by Pamela Morsi and The Books of Bright Ideas by Sandra Kring.

I'm also thumbing through Post Secrets. I'm also an AVP fan so I am waiting for the new Predator book to come out although it is probably going to disappoint me :(

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurupamae
I must be in the mood for mother/daughter relationship type books right now. I just finished reading The Cotton Queen by Pamela Morsi and The Books of Bright Ideas by Sandra Kring.

I'm also thumbing through Post Secrets. I'm also an AVP fan so I am waiting for the new Predator book to come out although it is probably going to disappoint me :(

Ohh - -I subscribe to the Post Secret RSS on LJ - I love it so much, some of them make tear up when I read them. I really would like to buy the books - but school books are taking priority for me at the moment.

Emo_Kid_Parade
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Emo_Kid_Parade

Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 PM

'Memoris of a Geisha' again, I love that book so much.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Kid_Parade
'Memoris of a Geisha' again, I love that book so much.
That is a great book. I still have not seen the movie. I imagine it is nothing like the book. That's usually the case.

siaasgn: I love Post Secret. It's one of those guilty pleasures that kind of give people hope that there are some people who are just like you and some that are just whacked. LOL.

Emo_Kid_Parade
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Emo_Kid_Parade

Old 03-20-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
That is a great book. I still have not seen the movie. I imagine it is nothing like the book. That's usually the case.
Acctually there only a few differences, it fallowes the book very closely. The movie is very long but even so they cut a lot out. But the movie couldn't be super long.[/quote]

vernors
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to vernors

Old 03-22-2007, 03:04 AM

Hey
I just received Nothing to Lose, but I haven't started to read it. It's for book club~
But I guess the guy runs away to the circus... I'm so excited to read this. I love the circus!! XD lol

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-22-2007, 03:17 AM

Nectar in a Sieve, by Kamala Markandaya.

It's short, but good. She writes from the perspective of a rural Indian woman, as the village starts changing from rural agrarian to more mechanized society. It's fascinating and sad, as well as culturally interesting. It's also very fascinating to see how white visitors (a doctor, in this case) are viewed from the other side, as it were.

momus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to momus

Old 03-22-2007, 03:28 AM

Double Deuce by Robert Parker. It's for my English class (again). My professor really likes mystery novels.

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 03-22-2007, 07:33 PM

I'm currently reading Madam: Inside a Nevada Brothel, by Lora Shaner.

Like the title would suggest, its a very matter-of-fact book about the author's job as a madam in a legal brothel. It has stories about the girls who work there, the people who visit, and just generally what life in a brothel is like as opposed to hooking on the street. I like it, its informative without being a text-book, blunt without being raunchy, and just over-all a good read.

Angelic_zel
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-23-2007, 02:01 AM

Im reading "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austin, and I want to read "The Great Gatsby" soon. Ill find out what to read next after I finish Pride and Prejudice.

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-23-2007, 02:31 AM

Currently reading Night Watch Uncle Terry Pratchett. After that, I'll piece through my unauthorized biography "The Books of Doom", then move on to Bill Hicks's Love All the People: Letters, Lyrics, Routines.

Seika Arai
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-23-2007, 03:58 AM

I'm reading 'New Moon' by Stephenie Meyer.. Again. Its a great book.

I saw Memoirs of a Geisha. I loved that book! The movie was very much like it. But the book was better.

c0rpse
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-23-2007, 05:58 AM

I'm reading several things!
Macbeth[Shakespeare]- School work, but im only actually reading it by choice!
Lord of the rings: Return of the kings[J.R.R.Tolkien]
On a pale Horse[Pears Anthony]

Man
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 AM

I am currently reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. In the beginning, it was damned hard for me to really get into it. It seemed too "simple" in a way, and I was just waiting for something to just pop. But now I reached a point in the novel where I can enjoy it. (: Plus, some parts in the reading had French (was it?) words/statements, so I keep thinking "Did I just miss some funny/witty/important message? D:" xD;;