musasgal
Penpal
  • Challenge musasgal in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 AM

*BEEEP*
man, I need to think of a plot and Charaters and what I have to write.... and for me, about 3-4 days to write it up!!!!! Not a good timeline for me

Krokodil
Send a message via AIM to Krokodil Send a message via MSN to Krokodil
  • Challenge Krokodil in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 08:31 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Krokodil
Word Count:138
Entry:
Good ol' Fashioned Love Story OR Tear Jerker, I can't decide.
(Be sure to read it sentence-by-sentence, rather than line-by-line)
Untitled

My heart melted fire
As I stood , staring with my head cocked
In a curious fashion.
The vines of my eyes wrapped
Their tentacle-fingers around the lines
Of your face, and I could not
Set their hold ablaze, I could not be free.

Free from this miserable journey
Into insanity, which always feels
Like Heaven while you still ride its waves.

We stood for a century locked in that gaze,
Floating steadily down the twisted river.
I ripped my torso apart
And offered my organs to thee.
I hoped you would not take my heart,
I prayed you would
Not take my heart.

For without my heart
I would not know the pain of this thing.
I would not know the torture of each beat,
The horror of its pumping, or

The echoes of this Heavenly feat.

Last edited by Krokodil; 02-11-2010 at 08:33 AM..

JessehBoo
Send a message via AIM to JessehBoo
  • Challenge JessehBoo in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: JessehBoo
Word Count: 796
Entry

The ring from Jake's cell phone echoed off the bedroom walls as he groaned, desperately trying to cling to sleep. After a while he gave up and flipped the phone open. "Hello..?" The boy groaned. "JAKE! Where the hell have you been i've been calling you for the past hour!" Jake's eyes glanced to the clock as his girlfriend continued to ramble. 11:57.. he thought and sighed, he said hed call her at 11 o'clock. "Bridget, Im sorry, can you please calm down?" "NO! I will not calm down!" Her voice went off into a slurr of curses and threats as Jake laid back against his pillow "Look Bridg, I need to get to bed.." A scoff was heard on the other end followed by the click of the line going dead. Staring at his phone for a moment before tossing it aside the boy returned to sleep.

When he awoke it was Saturday afternoon, about 9:30am, he stared at his ceiling for a bit before rolling out of bed. It was raining outside, and the droplets streaked the windows as they slid down the glass. "Perfect day for a walk.." He sighed and grabbed his coat heading outside, letting his boots hit the pavement as he walked.

The sound of rushing car could be heard in the distance and Jake looked up, seeing a girl standing infront of him and smiling. "Um, Hello..?" He said quietly and she let out a laugh. "You seem like a person who needs to talk, Am i right?" The girl was still smiling as a look of confusion crossed Jakes face. "Come on, we'll walk and talk." The girl said, starting the continueing down the sidewalk. Jake didnt know why but he was compelled to follow and did so. "By the way, Im Raechyl." Jake nodded. "Jake." With a giggle the girl smiled. While the two walked they talked about practically anything Jake could think of; His military dad never being home, his unfaithful mother, his possessive, controlling girlfriend and her uptight judgemental friends. The girl listened in silence and continued to have a soft smile on her lips. Jake turned to the girl and smiled, it wasnt normal for him to open up to people, but with her he couldnt seem to help it. "When can i see you again?" He asked, and the girl simply smiled. "The next time it rains." And with that she walked off into the distance.

The next day it was raining again and Jake grabbed his coat, heading outside. As promised the girl was waiting for him on his porch. For a few weeks everytime it rained Jake would meet with Raechyl on his porch and they would walk and talk. However one day his girlfriend came over on a rainy Friday afternoon with a bag of movies. "Were going to watch Love Actually." She said in a you-have-no-choice tone. Jake looked out his door to see Raechyl stadning there at the end of his walkway and sighed as he closed the door. The next week was complete sunshine and Jake was depressed day after day, taking his girlfriends yelling about him bringing her mood down, but all he could think about was Raechyl, and taking a walk with her in the downpour.

When Wensday rolled around It was raining and sure enough after school Raechyl was on his porch. A question had been on Jake's mind for some time now and he took Raechyls hand. The boy tought for a moment before asking and then looked up at her. "Why can i only see you when it rains." After a moment Raechyl just smiled. "I'll tell you later."

The thuds of their boots were loud on Jakes porche steps as the returned to his house and Jake opened the door. "Hey Jake?" Raechyls voice was quiet as he turned to her, for the first time, he saw her without a smile, and it ached his heart. "Yeah?" He replied, walking closer to her. "The reason I Only see you in the rain," she began, yet paused, Jake waiting in anticipation. "Is so you cant see me cry." The rain had caused streaks down Raechyls face, and it was only now that he saw her reddish eyes from the crying. "But why..?" He asked quietly, whiping the water from her cheeks. The girl let out a nervouse laugh and close her eyes. "Because i know you'll always pick her over me.." Jake's heart sank as he cupped her cheek with his hand and smiled. "Its always been you..that i cant stop thinking about." he whispered before kissing the girl who had fallen like an angel into his like. In silence they kissed in the very element that brought them together; the rain.

ToriKat
  • Challenge ToriKat in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 11:28 AM

@Obsidian Raven's Song: Of course! I would be glad to see entries involving love that is not restricted to just romantic/sexual love. ^^

Thank you for the entries, guys! *goes to update the front page* :3

Clair Voyant
  • Challenge Clair Voyant in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 11:34 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Clair Voyant
Word Count: 591
Entry:I am very old now, but once, I was young and beautiful. It seems like forever ago, but like my great-nieces, I was interested in men. But I was too shy for my own good. I never married, though there was also a time when I thought I might. The man’s name was John.
I wasn’t one who was flashy and outgoing. My clothes were fashionable, but nothing too extreme. I was attractive naturally; I found no use for make up and extra detailing items. My curly black hair, for there was a time where it had color, was always pinned up neatly in a bun at the back of my head. Often, loose strands of ringlet curls would fall free, giving the neat bun a wild, adventurous flair.
I spent my days working in an old historical library, and though it was mainly used for college students and professors for history research, there was a large Fiction section. It was there, that I enjoyed being the most. Always dreaming that some day, my own books and stories would line the shelves here, and libraries just like this one. It was here, that I also met John.
Bent over my own piece of work, when I should have been filling out paper work on a new shipment of books, at the Fiction Check Out desk, I did not notice him walk up until he cleared his throat. I started, my ink pen creating a huge smug across my page. “Oh, I’m sorry,” he said. “I hadn’t meant to disturb your work. Is it ruined?” I didn’t answer, I was too busy staring at how lovely he was. Tall, lean, dressed nicely in a suit, with blond hair and big blue eyes. He smiled.
From then on, John and I met in the stacks of the library. They were always small, short meetings, but always sweet. We would talk about our favorite authors and stories, and the far off places, that we’d only heard of in books, that we’d like to go to. I also told him of my dream of becoming an author.
John was unlike other men. He did not try to win me with flowers, or chocolates or fancy outings. The only gift he gave me was a quickly scribbled out story. It was a lovely story. About a man who fell in love with a woman, but had a hard time winning her heart over all the books she read. It disturbed me that the story never had an ending. John never got the chance.
One day, while waiting in our normal meeting spot, I was met, not by John, but by a Police Officer. “Ma’am, do you work here?” I nodded. “Do you know this man?” He held up a picture of John. I nodded yet again. “Well, I’m sorry to have to tell you this, Ma’am, but he died this morning. There was an accident. In the ambulance on the way to the hospital, he asked me to take these things to you; he showed me a picture of you.” He held out a brown paper bag.
Inside the bag, I found his story to me, and a small velvet box. I still have these things, I’ve held onto them for years, but I’ve never opened that small box. That was supposed to be John’s job. I’ll just wait. There will come a time, when I’ll be with him again, and he’ll be able to finish that job. And then we can complete our story together.

I really hope this is okay. :sweat:

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 02-11-2010 at 07:40 PM..

ToriKat

Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 AM

Thanks for your entry, Clair!

Okay, I added a place for you to tell me which theme your writing falls under. If you entered prior to this post and you think your entry should fall under another theme category, let me know and I'll move it. :3

laniparis
  • Challenge laniparis in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: laniparis
Word Count: 114
Theme: : ♥ Good ol' Fashioned Love Story
Entry: The Sweetest Thing

Roses have never smelled as sweet as the ones that he handed to me. As I gently smelled their aroma, I seemed to drink them. He smiled nervously. That look he always does that is in between a smirk and a full blown grin, and as always it made me smile.

He then handed me a card. Shaped as a red heart. Trimmed with white lace. It featured a Valentine Greeting.

Then he handed me my receipt and wished me a happy holiday. I walked out of the shop with a grin. I was going to be with my Valentine. My husband. My love.

IHateTests
  • Challenge IHateTests in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 PM

oo i'm gonna enter this contest.

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: IHateTests
Word Count: 405
Theme: Good Ol' Fashioned Love Story (I think it fits to that one)
Entry: “Do you love me?” I asked my boyfriend as I twisted some of my long blonde hair around my finger.

“Of course I do.” He answered looking down to me. He rested his hands on my waist “What's brought this on?” He then went on to ask me before I could say anything to him.

“I was just wondering” I answered.

“Then why ask” He said to me.

“It's just how come you never tell me that you love me.” I say to him. We had been together since our junior year in high school and well now it was coming to the end of Senior and he had never once told me that he loved me. I was always the one that told me that I loved him.

I could see that he was stumped for what to say so then went on to say “It doesn't really matter”

“Of course it matters” He says to me pulling me closer to him. “I just find it hard to tell people my feelings”

“Oh” I say understanding what he meant when he said that he found it hard to talk about his feelings. When he was little his mom left and his father couldn't really cope so he was sent to live with his aunt and uncle who had never really cared for him as they were always away on business.

“So yeah that's why I can't say it” He said to me.

“Oh alright” I say. I would just like for once to hear him tell me that he loved me. I mean he knew that I wasn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon. Though I guess he believed that I was gonna leave him.

“Though you know how I feel about you” He says to me.

“I do” I say to him “I'd just like you to tell me once in a while”

He removed his hands from my waist. “I'll tell you when I feel like I can” He said to me.

“But why not now?” I asked, you could here a little bit of a whine in my voice.

“Because I'm scared” He admitted to me.

I sighed. “I'm not gonna be like your parents and your aunt and uncle. I'm gonna be there for you whenever you need me” I reassure him.

“I'm sorry” He tells me.

“It's ok. I know how you feel. You can tell me those three little words when you’re ready” I say to him. I get up on my tiptoes and press a gentle kiss on his lips.

When I pull away from him he says to me “I love you”

I smiled when he said that. I responded with “I love you, too”

Last edited by IHateTests; 02-11-2010 at 12:48 PM..

ToriKat

Old 02-11-2010, 12:39 PM

*updates the newest entry* Thank you for entering!

IHateTests
  • Challenge IHateTests in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 02:43 PM

And here's my second entry.. A different category this time

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: IHateTests
Word Count: 677
Theme: ♥ The Ultimate Challenge
Entry:
The night air was thick and full of the smell of sugared cakes and other mouth-watering treats. Something that was not unusual for this time of year, or in this part of the city. After all it was the Lunar New Year.

I fiddled with the long braid in my hair, nervously just waiting for the moment I would be with my sweetheart.

It will be soon, I told myself, pausing every now and then to greet someone or to cross a road. Very soon.

There was a relationship that would probably fall into the category of ‘puppy love’ and though she hated the term, I was totally smitten with Jacob, and he with me.

He was from a well-to-do family, rich and affluent in the community much like my family. The only problem we had in our relationship was that my brother, Edward – even though he was close Jacob – hated that he was dating me.

The time since our last date had passed very slowly because I had been without him. I hadn't seen him in weeks because I went on holiday with my family to visit other relatives. During the trip, all that I had to go on was the memory of his square-set shoulders, a sturdy frame to lean against on bad, stormy days, and the lovely shine his eyes took whenever he held my gaze…there was no way around it, Jacob had me under some kind of delicious spell.
Picking up the pace and ducking under streaming paper lanterns embossed with heavy black script, I dove right into the heart of the town.

His recent letter came by express post informing me of where and when to meet him. These came about after our first date when Edward tried to ruin it.

Turning my eyes up from said letter that I had been carrying since I received it, I found my target only a few paces away, his back conveniently angled away from me. Perfect, all too perfect, for a surprise tackle from behind.

Which was what I did with much exuberance, unable to contain my excitement at finally having my arms wrap around him, and having his own sliding into place around me, once the initial confusion of what was going on had died down.

“Congratulations! You successfully scared the bajeebers out of me, Kitty,” he added breathily, his voice holding a note of fond annoyance as he turned me around and readjusted my arms to drape loosely over his shoulders. “I…I couldn’t stand being without you.”
“Happy New Year, Jacob!”

I grazed his check with a swift peck and then, as I stood on my tiptoes, I gave him a soft, melting kiss full on the lips to which he responded with immediate need and his hold on me tightened even more than before.

The sky became alight with bursts and streams of colour then, dancing about the bland canvas of the cityscape; ushering the end of the old and the new beginnings that would follow in our crashing wake.

When Jacob pulled away from me he pulled a small box out of his pocket. He handed it to me and I took it. “What's in it” I couldn’t help but ask him.

“Your Valentine’s present” He told me.

I couldn't help but feel bad now. I hadn't the time to get him anything because of this trip to visit family. “I can't take it” I told him.

“Of course you can” He insisted not letting me give him the box back.

“Ok” I replied. I slowly opened the box to find this beautiful necklace. I smiled when I saw it.

“Do you like it?” Jacob asked me.

“I do” I told him. I stood on my tiptoes and placed another soft kiss on his lips.

“Happy Valentine’s Day” He mumbled into the kiss.

“Happy Valentine’s Day” I responded and lets say what happened after that is a whole other story which I don't think you will be that interested in hearing about.

Last edited by IHateTests; 02-15-2010 at 09:10 PM..

m00finsan
Send a message via Yahoo to m00finsan
  • Challenge m00finsan in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:31 PM

There's a really good chance that I may submit an entry for Anti V-Day.

Goblin Maiden
  • Challenge Goblin Maiden in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Goblin Maiden
Word Count: 496
Theme: Good Ol' Fashioned Love Story AND Tearjerker? You decide, I guess.
Entry:

“Hey, Mom,” I grinned, extending a bouquet of flowers in one hand. “I got you daffodils; your favorite!” Still smiling, I continued on, “You always told me you hated roses because your boyfriend from high school gave you some and then dumped you the next day… What a douche. I mean, really?”

Laughing, I looked down at where she rested. “I know, I know, it’s Valentine’s Day and I should be spending it with my sweetheart. You always were big about that… ‘Why are you still at home? Isn’t she waiting for you? Did you get her a card, a flower, candy, anything?’

“Well, as you can see, you don’t have to worry about that this year. You already know what happened with Phoebe… I guess that’s why I haven’t told you before now that I… I met someone else.”

Taking a deep breath, I went on. “I’m really sorry I didn’t tell you before, but… well, you know that what happened with Phoebe… It really hurt. I wasn’t sure that I was ready to make a commitment… To introduce you to my new girlfriend. But… now I am. I brought her to meet you, so you can see for yourself how I feel…”

I trailed off, suddenly feeling hesitant… shy? I turned my head as fingers grasped the hand that hung at my side. “It’s okay, Liam,” my girlfriend murmured, the corner of her mouth curving up in a reassuring, lop-sided smile--just one of the things that I loved about her. “I can talk to her.”

She turned towards my mother, nodded her head, that same smile still on her face. “Hi, Mrs. Stevenson. I’m Clara, Clara Newburg. And… I’m with Liam.” She squeezed my hand as she said this. “It’s been three months, but… You know what, I think I’ve always been crazy about him, ever since we met. He’s told me a lot about you,” she added with a laugh. “I think we’ve got a lot in common. Is this what they mean when they talk about guys looking for a mother in their girlfriends?”

Though I let out an exclamation of protest, I could not help laughing.

“Anyway, I’m really glad that I’ve finally got to meet you.” Her smile transformed suddenly; it was more gentle, a little solemn. “I hope it’s all right if I can come visit again.”

Another nod, and she backed up a few steps.

“Bye, Mom. We’d better get going; she’s great, isn’t she?” I murmured, feeling a soft smile of my own creeping over my face.

“Yeah, I know.”

With that, I turned my back to my mother and took Clara by the hand. “Ready for our date?”

“Sure,” she chuckled. “Are you going to get me flowers, too?”

“You’ll see,” I told her with a wink.

Releasing her hand, I put my arm around her shoulders. In this manner--talking, laughing, in no hurry to get anywhere in particular--we made our way out of the cemetery.

Pegasus Ivory
  • Challenge Pegasus Ivory in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM

Let's give it a try, sounds like fun.

mwahhaha
  • Challenge mwahhaha in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 07:06 PM

Oh! Oh! I'm interested. . . tata! **runs off to maybe write something** <3

Obsidian Raven's Song
  • Challenge Obsidian Raven's Song in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Obsidian Raven's Song
Word Count: 500
Theme: Tear Jercker
Entry:

The pool of blood spread from the wound in her chest, as she lay dying on the floor of an unknown person's house. How had she ended up like this? All she had wanted was to be accepted by her peers, to be part of the 'in-crowd.'

Tears formed in her eyes in guilt and sadness as she thought of her mother; she hadn't even said goodbye. "Myrah, your too young to go to parties, I won't allow it," her mother's voice whispered, and Myrah had screamed back, "I hate you," as she stormed off to her room, plots of sneaking out swarming in her head. She sobbed brokenly from where she lay, "Mother, I'm sorry," she whispered to the empty room.

Her supposed friends had picked her up at the local convenience store, and laughed, saying, “mother’s don’t know anything,” and “come on, it will be fun.” They had driven across town to where the party was suppose to be, and found it in full sway. The house seemed to rock on its’ foundation from the masses of people and the roar of the music. Then they had disappeared around her, leaving her alone in the pushing and shoving of unknown bodies on the dance floor.

“Hey, want to go upstairs and have some fun?” One boy suggested in her ear, his hand wrapped tightly around her arm, pulling her up the stair before she had a chance to reply. They were in the deserted hallway upstairs when she finally pried her arm away. He snarled and pinned her against the wall, a knife in his hand. “Don’t be like that, sexy.”

She pushed him away, and he thrust his hand forward; the knife plunging into her chest, before he ran; her body slumping forward as her life drained away.

There she had stayed until another girl had found her, screaming for someone to get help. ‘They won’t make it,’ Myrah thought pitifully as the girl above her tried to stop the flow of blood. ‘I’m dying, and my mother will never know that I love her and that I’m sorry I wasn’t a better daughter. She’ll never know how much I enjoyed baking cookies with her, or how happy it made me when we went shopping together.’

Myrah looked up at the girl above her, “don’t let what happened to me happen to anyone else. Tell them to listen to their mothers.” Myrah smiled and using the last of her strength asked the girl, “please tell my Mom I love her and that I’m sorry, she was right. The angel’s are calling...” The dying girl in her arms went limp in her hands even as she nodded.

Twenty minutes later the paramedics arrived to the scene; an older girl holding onto a lifeless corpse, praying for forgiveness from God for disobeying her own mother, and for her defiance. For helping even one girl, Myrah’s death had not been in vain.

mwahhaha

Old 02-11-2010, 08:24 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: mwahhaha
Word Count: 673
Theme: Anti-V-Day
Entry: Title: Here Lies Us

“Unbleached, untouched till now. Her last breath finally touches the sky, but dirtied. Will rain never come to wash?” Charles said looking down at the ribs, half buried in the earth. They stuck out like pale yellow fingers, arched in a very loose fist.
“I'm calling the police.” She said, rubbing her arms and taking another step back.
“No,” he stood straight and stared at her. “Don't you see it. It's a poem in nature.” He's been published – too many times, perhaps – in things like "Poetry" and "The New Yorker."
“It's human,” she said.
“Maybe,” he said. He bent too close to the bones for her comfort.
“No, it's human. And I'm calling the police.”
He was too gone to hear the beeping of her cell phone buttons. “Do you have a head?” He asked the ribs. Next to the tree, from the storm last night, a branch as thick as his thigh waited to rot. It was this branch he used to dig around the ribs.
“Don't! Stop it!” she shouted. “You're tampering with evidence!”
The police mumbled into the air from her phone, hearing what she said to him through the receiver. She moved forward.
“I'm only looking,” he said.
No matter what, she was not as strong as him, and ended up rubbing her arm again from a shove's distance. The phone fell a maple leaf's distance from the ribs from the push, contaminated in her mind.
Not too long later and, “I've found the skull,” he said. She announced that she was going back to the car. “I want to touch it,” he said.
“Stop it. You touch that, Charles, and I'll never touch you again.” Firmly, she strapped her arms across her chest.
Bent forward over the skeleton, he looked up at her, smiling - until he saw her piercing glare. Resolutely, he sighed and stood up. “Sorry.”
She rubbed her hands rough onto her thighs, as if there was something on them. Pinching her hands between her knees she shouted towards her phone, “Police! We found some bones – human bones, I think – in Lisle Woods. We're uh. . . well, I dropped the phone by the rib cage – and I don't want to . . . I don't want to touch it.”
Charles, ignoring her disgust with the condition of his hands, stuck one under her arm and pulled her away from the phone and body. “Let's go,” he said softly.
“No,” she jerked away from him, but didn't step away. “We can't just leave the scene.” She was short, even shorter than he was, and had to blink up at him through her red lashes. The way the sun lit her freckles and bounced around her hazel eyes was enough to keep him there. It made him glad to hear her say that.
He took his spot by the ribs again. “It really is beautiful isn't it?” She said nothing. “A garden should grow here. Let's plant it.”
“Isn't this against your religion? You can't touch dead things.”
“You're my religion.”
“Then it's still against your religion.” Louder, she said towards the phone, “Police! We're just off of the light blue path's scenic look-out. Please hurry.”
An hour later, she was sitting at the look-out. No police still, and she wasn't about to touch that phone to try dialing again. The sound of Charles digging up bones and soil, his hardworking breaths, and a couple distant bird songs fell soft on her ears. Curling her legs onto the bench, she gazed out at the trees. Earlier, he had sat with her and whispered in her ear that they were “rapturous green mountains harboring a million chirping, roaring hearts.” Some parts weren't so green. She was noticing now, some of the leaves shivered in the breeze in grayish tones. Looking over her shoulder, she felt a pinch in her chest. It was the feeling of taking her heart back.

Paper Face Parade
  • Challenge Paper Face Parade in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Oh writing, count me in! 8D
Though I have no idea what to write.... man, I'll have to try really hard for this one.
*puts on thinking cap*

mwahhaha

Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Hey there Paper Face! How have you been?

Allanasha
Send a message via MSN to Allanasha Send a message via Yahoo to Allanasha
  • Challenge Allanasha in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 08:56 PM

Here's my entry ^_^ hope you like.

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Allanasha
Word Count: 652
Theme: Good Old Fashioned love story
Entry: ~Letter Shaped Courage~

Tera,

I feel like coward doing it this way, but I have to tell you something, and I have a hard time saying things like this to the person … you know that about me.

I can’t think anymore. The only thing on my mind is you, and since everything with Melissa and me fell apart … well, I’ve felt so close to you since then. It was you who was there for me, and you who comforted me. And … well, I like you. I mean, I like you lot.

I don’t mean to give you this to force an answer, in fact, if you’d prefer, you can even pretend you didn’t see it. I don’t want to ruin our friendship, but I felt that you have a right to know.

I’m perfectly happy just staying friends, if that’s what you want.

Tyler

--

Tyler,

I think this will be easier on the both of us, and probably more comfortable, to do it this way. This way there’s no uncomfortable lulls in the conversations. Heh.

Back with Melissa, you mentioned once that I was precious to you. Back then, I know you only meant it as a friend/sister kind of way, but it made me really happy. You see … I’ve had a crush on you since Freshmen year. It was in English class when I realized it, you’d just finished reading your poem … I don’t even remember what it was about anymore. I just remember thinking. ‘Wow’ and my heart skipping, and I couldn’t think.

It terrified me. You were, are, my best friend. I didn’t want anything to come in the middle of that. Finally, I accepted it, and managed to put it aside … well, not let it show.

Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is … I don’t know what I’m trying say.

Tera

--

Tera,

Heh, good idea. You always were the smart one.

O.O Really? Sorry, you know how I am … self-esteem is like 0-3. I can’t help but feel really happy about that. I mean, … yeah.

Tyler

--

Tyler,

Yes, really. As I said, it scared the hell outta me before I could accept it. As for your self-esteem, we’ve gotta work on that.

Tera

--

Tera,

Heh, yeah, I guess. … *doesn’t know what to do now”

Tyler

--

Tyler,

*Same*

Tera

--

Tera,

So … um … well … *thinks* *frown* okay, now I feel kind of stupid.

Tyler

--

Tyler,

It’s kind of weird that we keep doing this. Who else are we going to be addressing? Some random dude or chick?

Anyway, don’t be, this is a very awkward conversation … um … letter trading … thing …

Tera

--

Tera,

Yeah, really.

… You know what? Would you like to try a relationship? I think that, if it doesn’t work out, it shouldn’t hurt our friendship, not with how close we are.

--

“I can’t believe we kept these,” Tyler laughed, shaking his head at the boxed letters.

I laughed with him, leaning into him as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. “Why not?” I asked. “They’re special.”

“Special? Special how?”

“Special, because if you hadn’t have sent the first one, we wouldn’t have gotten together.”

Tyler blinked, eyes turning thoughtful. “Yeah, I guess your right.”

I smiled up at him.

“Maybe we should frame them?” Tyler asked, thoughtfully.

“Maybe.” I glanced at the letters once more, remembering week we’d spent trading letters.

“Tera?”

“Yes?”

“Happy anniversary.”

My eyes glanced back at him, meeting his own blue ones. “Happy anniversary, dear.”

He smile turned into a thoughtful frown. “How long has it been now?”

“74 years, since the wedding.”

“Yes, that’s right. 74 years.”

“And no one thought we’d get passed two.”

“Well, that shows what they know, doesn’t it?”

I soft chuckle left my lips as I stretched up, meeting his halfway.

Stress
  • Challenge Stress in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 PM

So you just post it here? Okay then... I tried a different writing style so it seems a bit awkward..

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Stress
Word Count: 720
Theme: Tear Jerker
Entry: Never Enough

And so he left, turning harshly on his heel and walking away, for the hundreth time; for the final time.

He vanished through the doorway, and the door clicked soundlessly behind him.

I stood in our -now only my- room. The floor and tables were littered with trinkets from all over the globe, and yet it felt barren, empty of anything even a little bit important, because it was. The first, and last, important thing in my life had just walked through that door, had just walked away – forever away from me. No sound could be heard, nothing but the wild wail of my writhing heart. My eyes darkened with confusion, stared at the closed door, tracing each inch of the solid wood with my determined gaze, searching for some reachable answer, some unknown explanation that would make everything clear, would place everything back to what it should be, what it had been.

A horrible, heart wrenching silence followed, those few moments when I stared at the door expectantly, waiting for him to do what I expected, for him to come rushing back in declaring that he had made a big mistake. But he didn’t. The door remained closed, and he did not come.

It was then that I was falling, my legs crumpling beneath me, unable to support my weight any longer. I was left curled up on the ground, slowly rocking my trembling body back and forth. I had nothing now. What was my artistic brilliance worth, if I had no one to help find my muse, no one to make sure I finish the job? What was my life worth, if I didn’t have someone, if I didn’t have him?

I didn’t want just someone, I wanted that someone. That man who had just left, left without giving me a chance, a chance I so desperately wanted, needed.

If I need to change, if that’s what it would take for him to come back, I would do that – probably. Well, for John I could, I would.

If I needed to stop painting on his desk – their desk – I could do that too. I could stop using drugs for inspiration, stop being so immature, I know I could. If only I had said those words, and meant them, maybe he would be here still, and I would be wrapped in the man’s strong arms, instead of falling to pieces on the cluttered floor.

Who was I kidding? I had told him these things countless times before, and he had never believed me then. He had given me thousands of chances, and each and every time, I had let him down, I had failed.

Rarely have I ever admitted something like this to myself, and yet this time it was true. I just haven’t made the effort, I had always thought that he would give in, and he’d be there, always.

That was my fatal mistake. No one ever approached me, and he was the only one who ever stayed with me longer than a day. I can’t really blame my ‘friend’, and so I didn’t. I placed the blame where the blame fell and this time, all of it fell on me.

So I laid there, tears dripping down from my eyes, falling down my skin and pooling on the floor. And still the only noise for what seemed to be miles around, was the noise of my despair echoing throughout the empty room.

This wasn’t like before, he wasn’t coming back.

Not this time.

He was gone, gone for good.

I was alone. Alone once more, just like before, when I had lived paycheck to paycheck, and the time between so distant that I was nearly starved to death countless of times.

Maybe, just maybe, this was how things were supposed to be. Maybe this was justice.

And as I clung to an old photograph, a sob escaped, shattering the deafening silence.

I would hold on to that photo for the rest of my life.

It was proof that he had existed, and when I grow old and grey, and probably, no, still alone, I would have something to prove that once I had loved someone, and once someone had loved me too.

Yet, it was also proof, that sometimes, love was just not enough.

Last edited by Stress; 02-14-2010 at 05:52 PM..

broadway_princessxo34
  • Challenge broadway_princessxo34 in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 PM

YAY WRITING MY FAVORITE....

We can write a short story right?

Dixie H
  • Challenge Dixie H in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
User name: Dixie H
Word Count: 527
Theme:The Tear Jerker
Entry:
“Where is he?” Darla hissed staring at the ominous gate, “He should have been here by now!”
A passing traveler looked at her and said with a smile, “No one knows the day or the hou-“
“Just shut up!” she screamed and quickly calmed herself down. She had been punished before for making too much ruckus. She shuddered in memory of that perfect white silk thread sewing her mouth shut, the lack of pain in the place only making it worse. She wasn’t sure if she was in heaven or hell, but she had her suspicions that no one else in the place was wondering the same. She had felt so all alone since she arrived, comforted only by the fact that John would be joining her soon. He was her soul mate, she was sure of it, and once he got there the two of them could just…
The gates opened slowly to choirs rejoicing and golden light pouring over everything. Darla thought it a bit ostentatious but the locals seemed to love it. A crowd of new faces poured in past the gates and stared around in awe. Darla looked over all of them until at last she found John. Grabbing him by the wrist, Darla embraced him and kissed a kiss of a lifetime of lost love reunited.
“Darla! I haven’t seen you since the war!”
“I know dear-“
“The bomb, Pearl Harbor… you were there! Darla I failed you!”
“John it’s okay-”
“Darla I never forgot-“
“John please.”
The two of them stared at each other for a while, each cherishing the moment, afraid to break the silence. Finally, Darla spoke, “I know a way out of this place John, we can go back and be reborn, we can finally have a chance at the life that was taken from us.”
“You want to leave?”
“John, of course I want to leave, I want to LIVE. I would have left before but I wanted to wait for you. We can go together John.”
“Darla, why would you want to leave this place? Down there there is suffering, disease, there’s death down there.”
“John, I’ve died before and so have you, what’s to be afraid of?”
John stared at Darla, clutching her hands to him tightly, “It’s not my own death I’m afraid of, I lost you before, I don’t want to ever feel that loss again.”
It took a moment for Darla to process what John was saying, “You want to stay here?”
“I want us to stay here darling, there’s no death here, we can be happy.”
“There is NOTHING here John, no death, no romance, no pain, no ecstasy… no extremes at all John. Please, come with me.”
John’s silence said it all to Darla, fear was holding him back and he wanted it to hold her back as well.
“I’m going to leave, and I’m going tonight,” she whispered, holding back tears.
“I…I’ll wait for you then.”
Darla smiled and kissed John on the cheek one last time, “John honey, with the kind of life I plan to lead this time around, I doubt they’ll let me back in here.”

Ravinessa24
  • Challenge Ravinessa24 in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username:Ravinessa24
Word Count: I think its about 312 so I will say 315 to be safe.
Theme: The Tear Jerker
Entry:My son, and I

I hope that this is the right theme, but I wanted to share my real life tear jerker story.
It is both happy , and kind of sad, but all true.
__________________________________________________ _______________
It all began six years ago , I was with my now ex-boyfriend. He had gotten me pregnant.

When I told him what was going on he decided to take a different path.
{Another words he left me.}
He literally moved to Colorado.

I was living in a tent since I was homeless, and one day I was walking with my kitty. I brought her everywhere. I had begun walking into town to get myself some supplies.

When a guy kept "running into me" He was driving around, and he had asked if I needed a ride, but I was almost to the store so I said no , and thank you anyways for his kind gesture.

Well as it happened to be I ended up running into him several times through out the day.
I thought to myself hm is this just coincidence?

Finally at the end of the day he wanted to know if I maybe wanted to hangout.
I was hesitant, but he did seem really nice, so I said sure , and I asked if he minded that my cat could come. HE said sure.

We ended up becoming a couple. He had helped me out greatly, by providing things for me, and taking me to my doctors.
Fast forward to the day of my sons birth. He was born on February 3, 2004.
My boyfriend who was not the father was there in the delivery room with me.

The day it came for us to leave I had opted what I believe to be the best choice for my son, I had adopted him out to a nice older couple.
In the snuggery I handed him over to them, and I tried so hard not to cry , but then my boyfriend started to cry, and that got me crying.
So I left before I felt to overwhelmed. Every year, and that year especially I felt that was the world's best Valentine's Day gift I could ever have received.

{I'll scan the picture so you guys can see him.}

Last edited by Ravinessa24; 02-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: edited

Iltu

Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 PM

Yay for another writing contest! I can't wait to put some stuff together. >w<

broadway_princessxo34
  • Challenge broadway_princessxo34 in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username:Broadway_princessxo34
Word Count: 558
Theme: Anti-V-Day
Entry:
“Oh joy here we go again. Just what I need another day out of the year to be tormented that my love life completely stinks.” I said waking up to the morning radio playing “And I Love Her” by The Beatles. It all just reminds me of how hopelessly tragic my love life is. I sighed softly and hit the snooze button on my alarm. Did I have a date for today? Nope. Did I have a secret admirer? Nope. Did I even have a chance on being able to date my crush? Nope never gonna happen. He has a girl friend that he is so madly in love with he doesn’t even have a chance to talk to me. Maybe I should just hide in the room for the rest of my life and never ever come out.

“Happy Valentine’s day my dearest darling daughter!” My mother said walking into my room holding a box of chocolate and a card. My father followed right behind her and put his arms around my mother. I rolled my eyes and stood up closing the door on them. I so did not need to see them being all lovey dovey. I was going to have to deal with it all day long for the rest of the day. I changed into jeans and a t-shirt before walking out of the house and onto the street. People along my street were holding hands and making goggley eyes at each other and walking to the Valentine’s day carnival just up the street.

I groaned and started walking up the street alone watching all the couples walk in front of me. Sadly I happened to follow behind the slowest couple in the whole place. Every five steps they turned and kissed each other finally I gave up hope and push them apart walking by. “No one wants to see that.” I muttered.

Every thing was pink, and I mean everything. The sign for the entrance the booths, the tables, even the stupid outfits the workers had to wear. Guess who was being force into one of the stupid outfits! Yup you guessed it, me. How much more agonizing could this day get. The dress was pink and puffy with hearts all over it. “My head hurts.” I moaned pushing past the crowds and into the ‘Love Café.’ Couples were dancing, others were sitting at tables and others were gazing lovingly into the others eyes. It made me sick.

“Jenny over here, you get to judge the ballroom dance contest!” Jose, the person in charge of all the high school workers, said. She knew how much I didn’t want to be here. It wasn’t right to be forced to work as an honors student. Shouldn’t it be the kids with bad grades getting extra credit for it? I stomped over and sat in a chair watching the dance floor, after about ten minutes of watching couples stop dancing and start making out I completely freaked out. “OK I QUIT! I CAN’T STAND THIS!” I screeched getting up off of the chair and pushing through the people on the dance floor. I couldn’t stand watching love birds. I couldn’t stand listening to music like “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton. I couldn’t stand ANYTHING.

“I HATE VALENTINE’S DAY!”
I Screamed at the top of my lungs.

(I don't know if it's any good but...I'll enter it anyway.)