Roachi

Penpal
  • Challenge Roachi in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 06:36 AM

Last edited by Roachi; 02-18-2010 at 12:16 AM..

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-11-2010, 06:37 AM

GENERAL DETAILS

Welcome one and all to cosplay addicts anonymous - Vday event Contest.
Most of you would know us from the recently opened thread located here;
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/gaming...mythology.html
If not, now is the chance for you to join the madness!!
This is a cosplay avatar dressup contest.

---

Event Thread Theme: Mythology
Quote:
Definition: A traditional sacred story, typically revolving around the activities of gods and heroes, which purports to explain a natural phenomenon or cultural practice.
Examples: The Greek myth of Prometheus, a human being who stole the secret of fire from the gods and was punished with everlasting torment, purported to explain the origin of mankind's use of fire.

Last edited by Roachi; 02-13-2010 at 10:44 PM..

Roachi

Penpal

RULES & GUIDELINES

1. You may only enter TWO avatar's of your choice.
2. These avatar's must be saved to a image host of your choice. I.e Photobucket, Tinypic etc.
3. Please fill in the entry & post it in this thread. DO NOT PM it! And please use your main account when doing this, not your mule.
4. Once the voting begins your avatar cannot be changed.
5. You must keep to the current cosplay theme. Which is "Mythology". If i feel that your avatar does not meet the current theme, i will not accept your entry.
6. 1st place winners will be judged by myself, 2nd & 3rd will be judged on members votes, there may also be some constellation prizes depending on how many people enter.
7. You may use as many items as you wish, there is no limit.
8. Voting will begin Feb 18th sometime after 12pm NZDST - Which for most of you is Feb 17th. NZ Timezone Currently GMT + 13. I will give you a heads up when this is going to happen anyway, So make sure that your entry is in before then. No late entry's will be accepted.
9. The slots are unlimited. We will take as many entry's as we can get.
10. Please try to use your own items. I'd prefer you not to use MAC for this contest. However there is no way for me to check. But that is the way i'd prefer it.
11. If you have any questions please ask them in the thread, do not PM me!
12. I reserve the right to edit/change these rules as i see fit. Or most likely because i've forgotten something ;) :).

ENTRY FORM
Code:
Username:
Image:
Image/Reference:
Important details:
VOTING FORM
1. The voting forms are to be sent to Roachi via PM.
2. You are permitted to make 2 choices.
3. These choices must be from your MAIN account only. DO NOT use MULES! If i suspect you are using a mule i will disqualify you.
4. You have until the event ends too vote.
5. You may not vote for yourself! However you can get friends to vote for you.
6. Votes will be announced, in the discussion forum (wherever they announce other event contest things) within 48 hours.

Code:

First/2nd vote: 
Who your voting for:
Entry 1 or 2:
Reason's Why:

Last edited by Roachi; 02-18-2010 at 12:19 AM..

Roachi

Penpal

ENTRANTS

1. Username:
Liunesta -
Entry 1
Image/Reference: Persephone
Important details:The bride of Hades and Queen of the underworld, Persephone is forced to spend 6 months out of the year in the underworld from eating 4 pomegranate seeds, she awaits spring so she can return to the world above.

2. Username: Liunesta -
Entry 2
Image/Reference: Aphrodite
Important details: Since it is Valentine's Day we are celebrating, I will also submit the goddess of love herself, Aphrodite.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Username: Silver Magi
- Entry 1
Image/Reference: Gaia (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: Symbols of Gaia include fruits, plants, and of course, the Earth.

She's the mother of Kronos/Chronus/Chronos, a titan, who bore children to his sister, Rhea, the mother of Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, among others.
Her lovers have included Tartarus, Uranus and Pontus.

Greeks believed that an oath sworn to Gaia was unbreakable and strong, as no person could escape from the earth herself.
--
I tried to capture the earthy, plant essence of Gaia, rather than the motherly being, covered with flowers and fruit.
The gold is kind of a symbol, in the fact that even though Hades is usually recognized as the king of all metals in the earth, Gaia IS the earth, therefore she holds it all. xD
I hope that made sense.

4. Username: Silver Magi - Entry 2
Image/Reference: Ancient Egyptian Gods; Nephthys
Important details:
Important details: Nephthys, the wife of Set, sister of Isis, and mother of Anubis, was never intimate with her husband, even though she wanted children, Set never wanted any kids, so, Nephthys seduced Isis' husband Osiris into bearing her a child. Anubis.

She's been worshipped as a goddess of life and death, or mourning, and is usually respected when it comes to the Underworld and protection. She is also a deity of air.

Her hair is said to look like bandages used by mummification priests, and sometimes she is portrayed as being dressed in jewellery and white linen bandages. And, the wings come from her role as a protector. The background is based upon the Underworld.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Username: Hayne - Entry 1
Image/Reference: Amaterasu by *GENZOMAN on deviantART
Important details: Goddess of the Sun, this protectress of men illuminates the Universe

6. Username: Heartpoint -
Entry 1
Image/Reference: Selene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: Greek mythology, Seléne lunar deity was eventually largely supplanted by Artemis

7. Username: Heartpoint -
Entry 2
Image/Reference: PELE - Goddess of Fire
Important details: Pele Hawaiian Goddess of Fire who lives in Big Island's Kilauea Volcano

8. Username:
Silverwingedshadows - Entry 1
Image/Reference: Yuki-onna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: Yuki Onna (雪女) is a spirit or yōkai in Japanese folklore. Yuki-onna appears on snowy nights as a tall, beautiful woman with long black hair and red lips. She is described as sometimes wearing a white kimono, or nude with only her face and hair standing out against the snow, and sometimes wearing Asian dress. Despite her inhuman beauty, her eyes can strike terror into mortals. She floats across the snow, leaving no footprints, and she can transform into a cloud of mist or snow if threatened.

9. Username: Lilith W - Entry 1
Image/Reference: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q53aOjwyvZ...E/s400/Nyx.jpg
Important details: Nyx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Username: Lilith - Entry 2
Image/Reference: http://brandon9520.tripod.com/sitebu...g.w300h370.jpg
Important details: Dryad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. Username: *Hime* - Entry 1
Image/Reference: Artemis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: Artemis, a goddess from Greek mythology, is a daughter from Zeus and the twin sister of Apollo. She is the goddess of the hunt and of the moon.
She especially loves the deer, and she is usually portrayed with a bow and arrow.

12. Username: Sera - Entry 1
Image/Reference: Ishtar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: She is the goddess of sex, love, fertility and war! Ishtar's symbol is the lion. Drawing ideas from all over the place, she is also know to have possessed a hawk as a pet.

13. Username: Fauxreal - Entry 1
Image/Reference: http://thecalloftheland.files.wordpr...2/hermes-l.jpg
Important details: Hermes - With his signature winged hat and ankles, also his staff ~ He was the messenger of the Gods.

14. Username: Neller - Entry 1
Image/Reference: http://images.elfwood.com/art/v/a/vasilis/artemis2.jpg
Important details: Artemis is the greek goddess of the hunt, protector of the forest and many other things. She is often symbolized by a male stag.

15. Username: Dream_and_Die - Entry 1
Image/Reference: http://api.ning.com/files/6vsp1Er3PK...216500688.jpeg
Important details: Arianrhod: She is the lunar goddess of time and space. Love, wisdom and higher learning. She is keeper of the silver wheel and her associations are the crescent moon and reincarnation.

16. Username: Dream_and_Die - Entry 2

Image/Reference: http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/n...argeviewWM.jpg
Important details: Morrigan: She is a powerful sea goddess of beauty. She is associated with whales, sea dollars, manta rays, ocean vegetation and the rod of command.

17. Username: Cora Lorington - Entry 1
Image/Reference: Aphrodite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: Born of the sea, the goddess of love and sexuality.

18. Username: Slowtrain - Entry 1
Image/Reference: Athena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: Athena is the Greek goddess of civilization, wisdom, strength, strategy, craft, justice and skill. She is often portrayed wearing heavy robes and Armour.

19. Username: Slowtrain - Entry 2
Image/Reference: Dionysus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Important details: Dionysus is the Greek god of wine, he is the inspirer of ritual madness and ecstasy, often called "the god who comes". He is symbolized by the grapes, along with the thyrsus and leopard skin

Last edited by Roachi; 02-18-2010 at 05:39 AM..

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 AM

PRIZES
1st Place = February 2010 Set, Chilly the polar bear & 2k
2nd Place = Feb 2010 Set & Halloween 2009 Set + 1k
3rd Place = Horns of Nature
4th Place = 1k + Hallopop.

There may also be constellation prizes, depends on how many entry's we get :)
You may also win more then 1 prize.

Last edited by Roachi; 02-13-2010 at 11:10 PM..

Medusa Flame
  • Challenge Medusa Flame in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 03:20 AM

Hello how are you? And happy V-day event.

Darkangel187
  • Challenge Darkangel187 in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 AM

hi happy Vday all whats up come find the special person on my thread plz

nummykiwi
  • Challenge nummykiwi in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 04:22 AM

so what is going on in this thread?
theres no convo! :(

Vanellope
  • Challenge Vanellope in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 04:33 AM

ok sorry Roachi love but damn... they can't read!

I'll ask a mod to remove it later unless you do it!

as you can see people.. in the title!!!

Quote:
Cosplay Addicts Anonymous - NO POSTY PLEASE

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-13-2010, 11:11 PM

Thanks Minxy. It's worse then gaia xD.

Anyways, finally open :)

Arikana
  • Challenge Arikana in the Arcade

Old 02-13-2010, 11:13 PM

I shall enter this later if I remember to! 8D

And, I don't get how the item that's worth the most is the third place prize.. o.o;

Silver Magi
  • Challenge Silver Magi in the Arcade

Old 02-13-2010, 11:25 PM

-Rolls through-

@ Roa - So, as many mythological oddities as we want to make? :D

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 PM

Ahh well i just edited the rules - Maximum of 2 entrys my dear :)

Silver Magi

Old 02-13-2010, 11:31 PM

Okayy~ <3

I'll start working right away. >:D

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-13-2010, 11:50 PM

Awesome ^^
Baah .. i hope people come. I'm so annoyed the event started right when i was going away for the weekend lol xD.

Vanellope

Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 AM

wheeeeeeeee open!!! <3

Liunesta
  • Challenge Liunesta in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 12:52 AM

Username:Liunesta
Image:
Image/Reference:Persephone
Important details:The bride of Hades and Queen of the underworld, Persephone is forced to spend 6 months out of the year in the underworld from eating 4 pomegranate seeds, she awaits spring so she can return to the world above.

Username:Liunesta
Image:
Image/Reference:http://www.greekmythology.com/Olympi...aphrodite.html
Important details:Since it is Valentine's Day we are celebrating, I will also submit the goddess of love herself, Aprhodite.

I hope I entered correctly.

Last edited by Liunesta; 02-14-2010 at 01:38 AM..

Vanellope

Old 02-14-2010, 01:41 AM

ok questions about the contest!

it says I may enter 2 avatars but can i only enter one if I have no ideas for the second one?

also... do i have to OWN the items included the the picture?

Silver Magi

Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 AM

Username: Silver Magi.

Image:

Image/Reference: Gaia's Biography

Important details: Symbols of Gaia include fruits, plants, and of course, the Earth.

She's the mother of Kronos/Chronus/Chronos, a titan, who bore children to his sister, Rhea, the mother of Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, among others.
Her lovers have included Tartarus, Uranus and Pontus.

Greeks believed that an oath sworn to Gaia was unbreakable and strong, as no person could escape from the earth herself.

--

I tried to capture the earthy, plant essence of Gaia, rather than the motherly being, covered with flowers and fruit.
The gold is kind of a symbol, in the fact that even though Hades is usually recognized as the king of all metals in the earth, Gaia IS the earth, therefore she holds it all. xD
I hope that made sense.

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-14-2010, 02:02 AM

Hihi all! Sorry i went to lie down for a bit ...

@Hayne - Yes you may only enter 1 if you wish, and no not necessarily there's no way that i can check whether you have that item or not. So go hell for broke. I'd prefer you to be using your own avatar though not something out of MAC. :)

Thanks for the entrys thus far i'll have a look over them shortly and add em up :)

Liunesta
  • Challenge Liunesta in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 02:21 AM

Alrightly Roachi! Thank you.

Vanellope

Old 02-14-2010, 02:21 AM

then I cant enter cause the only item I need its worth way too much to enter lol

unless someone would me borrow them pirate booty for the screenshit! lol

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-14-2010, 02:27 AM

Your welcome Liu, lovely entries btw ^^

@Minxy - I can borrow you that item, no probs.

Vanellope

Old 02-14-2010, 02:31 AM

ah nevermind... I'd need the Weather Forecast too... I forgot I added the sun.. -.-

Roachi

Penpal

Old 02-14-2010, 02:33 AM

I can borrow you that also lol. So long as i get em back by the end of the event :)