p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-22-2013, 04:28 AM

I love this glitter, too. I put it on top of a grey once and it looked like a mermaid tail or something. It was beautiful! I've put a top coat on since I posted that picture, and they're extra shiny now.

LOL@ the MariahC comment. I don't think I've actually seen what you guys are talking about though.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-22-2013, 05:06 PM

OPI!!! That or just the Sally Henson are my favorite brands. They last the longest, and the colors are always fantastic.

I usually get bored and do every nail a different color, or alternate colors. I don't go too crazy with designs, just bright pops of color. That or I do a tie dye color dip when I'm really bored.

Mine right now look like vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles from a Nails Inc polish.

(not my nails, but I didn't get a picture)

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 01:19 AM

@Woodlandnymph - OMG I love that nailpolish. Where can you find it? How much does it cost? I love that multicolored sprinkles in the nailpolish. It is so CUTE!! It reminds me of this polish -- Deborah Lippmann Rockin Robin | Birchbox

Not because of the multicolor...but just how it is suppose to look like another texture. I would love to try this polish, but I can't bring myself to pay the $20 for it. Too much for me. OPI is about the most I would pay for a bottle of polish.

@Jelly - It's ok...we won't tell anyone...I secretly adore some of J.Los perfumes, but I really don't like anything else that bares her name...or her for that matter. Plus, they did do a line for James Bond. That, surely, is better than Mariah Carey? XD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-23-2013, 02:53 AM

Bond is cool, Mariah though...

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-24-2013, 07:02 AM

Izumi: In the states you can find it at Sephora. It's a British brand though. It's pretty similar in price to OPI, maybe a little less expensive.
That Rockin' Robin color is pretty! But phew! Spendy. I don't think I can justify 20 bucks on nail polish.

I usually happiest with my 2.99 Xtreme Wear by Sally Henson. The flat and gloss colors last the longest without chipping.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Yes! I love that brand too. I've been using their clear polish as a top coat. Anything Sally Henson is usually top quality drugstore brand.

I have pretty much mostly Sally Hansen, some Avon (from when I sold it), and a couple of bottles of OPI. I love OPI but it is expensive. I try to get them when I find them on sale.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-25-2013, 01:54 AM

I have only had acrylic nails done once so far and it was for my wedding. They grew out pretty quick and I was always catching them on stuff. I am okay at painting my own nails but if I want them to look really good, I have my husband paint them for me. I love sparkly polishes and blues, blacks, reds and silvers, though I will try about any color at least once.