Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 PM

Okay, I have a confession... I have terrible time management skills. I start my day thinking "I'm going to get X, Y, and Z done today!" then I have my breakfast, take a shower, get on the computer for a second... and before I know it, the sun is setting and I've accomplished nothing. Not to mention the stress factor... I've got anxiety issues and trouble managing my stress, so when I think about homework, I panic and put it off... which of course makes me even more stressed. Sometimes it gets so bad that just one little thing going wrong is enough to completely incapacitate me and nearly set off a panic attack. Not good! Plus, I just received a phone call saying I was hired for a job. Yay! But that also means I'll have less free time... so time management skills are desperately needed.

So how do you manage your time? What tricks or tips do you use to make sure everything gets done? Time limits? Schedules? Help me out, I'm a mess!

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 10-18-2013, 07:21 AM

I don't.. I'm terrible at managing my time. I am a full-time grad student and have been babysitting a cousin's son longer than originally agreed on, which as cut into me getting work done because I get home in the afternoon (up at 5.30a, watch kid from 6.20a-3.45p, get home at 4) and I'm tired because the toddler is 16mo old and into EVERYTHING. Focus on work during babysitting? GOOD LUCK because silence is a freakout moment of "oh crap, wtf is he into" and naps happen for both of you at the same time because you can't sleep till late at night because a couple nighst ago you were up till 3am studying and you're up early to babysit. Then you get home and try to do work and you lose focus because you're all "ooooo ADULT things with violence! blood, sex, boobs! bodyparts! o.o" because you spent all day listening to "When Timothy Goes to School" and "Harry's bucket full of dinosaurs" and other assorted kid's shows because you left it on Qubo all day even though you had a break where you watched The View and the news. and MAYBE The Chew.

Yeah ^^" I suck at time management. Especially when you look at my record of my assignments and I haven't handed one in in almost a month. Considering I was originally asked to babysit for lets see... A few weeks because she was gonna look into daycare, and we're fast approaching 2 months. Yeah...

Though normally, I am a mess as well. I actually have terrible time management skills, and I get distracted by the interwebs.
But! I do have moments where I focus. I use this thing called Self Restraint. Basically you download it, and you go into the program and you type in a bunch of sites you want to block (like sites that you go on for hours and forget what you were supposed to do), and you select the amount of time you want to block them for. And it works ^^" It actually blocks those sites from you being able to go on them for that set amount of time.
Self Restraint tool site This doesn't help with time management, that's something I'm trying to work on with a calendar so I can see what is coming up... But it helps with keeping you from going all ADD and spending hours on Facebook while you're supposed to do other things online.
Also to anyone else who is a student like myself and gets distracted: USE the tool ^^

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM

Yikes, that tough, serena. I hope you get cut a break soon!