Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-27-2013, 02:58 AM

When I go to school, I see really nicely dressed people I'm not going to lie. When it comes to how I dress, personally, I don't really know how I would describe it. One day I might dress really girly and pretty, and another I just wear converse, skinny jeans, and a hoodie. I wish I had a definite style though. I wish it was more pretty/girly. I just don't have the money or know-how to really get the look I want.

So Questions:

How would you describe your style?
Do you like it?/What look do you wish you had?
Any tips?

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-27-2013, 03:23 PM

Ha I describe my style as stay-at-home-mom-who-also-goes-to-college. I mostly wear jeans and t-shirts. I too would love to dress like the "girly-girls" with their fancy blouses, bottoms and cute shoes. I don't have money for that either. Hmm tips? Don't wear cowboy boots with gym shorts! LOL! Yes, i've seen that before...

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-27-2013, 03:28 PM

My style is call.
Meave Style or My Style. 8D

Alright, the more descriptive would be. Comfy and practical style.
though, I would dress appropriately according to occasion.

Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-27-2013, 10:39 PM

llonka, yes they all have such cute ensembles! Like everything is so detailed. Pinks, floral prints, gold. It's so pretty. I can't wait until I finish university, get a job and can splurge a little on myself. And yes, note to self: No cowboy boots and gym shorts. Got it. ;)

xuvrette, comfy is always good. Some days, I just don't care what I look like, as long as I'm comfy. :P

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 PM

My aunt was commenting in a very disappointing tone...
"Your hair is nice, make up nice, dress nice, bag nice... just the shoes... why is it flat? High heels better."
... So what? It is not like my flat shoes is not matching, and not that I am tooo short or my leg toooo fat to need high heel to make myself tall or slimmer. -__-;;

I am so not going to look all pretty just to feel my feet pain for few hours during the party and after it. Not worth it.

Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-28-2013, 09:32 PM

Flats looks cute! Yeah I love high heels and I think they look amazing, but flats are comfy and cute. It's not worth going through the pain sometimes too. You just want to be able to actually enjoy the event rather than complaining about your feet the whole time.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 09-30-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Dude, I don't even know. I wear so many different clothes. I can go from classy to librarian-ish, to lazy, to simple (tee shirt and jeans).
Quote:
There are times where I wish I fit into cute clothing I find, but all in all, I just care about being comfortable and/or looking decent.
Quote:
Any tips?
Pfft I'm not an expert so no.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 09-30-2013, 09:09 AM

I like to think of my style as classic with a pop of happy. By happy, I mean color because I loove colors so much.

Basics are really important, and if I could I would have every cardigan in all the colors. I'm basically never without a jacket. Usually my focus is shoes, accessories or jacket.

I like having complete looks.

Tips would be, to make sure the style reflect who you are as a person. Does the specific look represent your personality? That's how I go about it.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 AM

Casual mother. Yep. I'm the one with my hair in a messy bun, wearing a t-shirt and jeans.
I will get my style under control again.
I like patterns like plaid, argyle, and houndstooth.

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 AM

I have a few different styles that I alternate between depending on my mood.

One is the time traveler look, as a few people have taken to calling it. Basically I wear things that make me look like I would be maybe a little bit different and exciting but not out of place anywhere in the western world within the past 100 years.

Then I sometimes do a modern fantasy kind of look. Buckles, excessive belts, post-apocalyptic and/or JRPG looking stuff - that's fun. I don't own much in that category, but when I can...hey.

And sometimes I just become a blatant fairy. Girls' hipster clothes and whatnot. Light, airy, cute stuff, lots of pink...

And lately I've been trying to build up more of a hard femme option sort of between the latter two. But my wardrobe is...lacking.

Cherish
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 AM

My basic style varies greatly depending upon my mood and the weather; this past Summer I was wearing a lot of 50s-style dresses, now Autumn's coming in I'm going for a lot of light layers, more Mori Girl style.

But the one thing that stays the same is my love of quirky accessories; hair clips featuring flowers and fruit and tiny teacups, shoes in unusual styles and colours, flower crowns, vintage lace shoe clips, handbags or brooches inspired by woodland creatures, giant oversized buttons etc.
I use my accessories to dress up any outfit and make it more "me", even if I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Last edited by Cherish; 11-01-2013 at 07:21 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 11-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I suppose I would call it Gentleman Farmer meets British High Street
Quote:
I do like it, though I wish I could incorporate Dolly Kei fashion more. And just generally be braver, which is part of what the former was about.
Quote:
Any tips?
Wear what you like. The higher quality the better, so that it lasts.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 11-06-2013, 03:38 PM

I mostly wear quite dark clothes. And knitwear. The more the better!...I'm typically to be seen in a cami or jumper, skinny jeans or flares, and boots. I don't really know how i'd describe that! As soon as winter comes it's hats and big scarfs too. And ever since i got my first 3/4 belted winter coat when i was 16, they've been a pretty much constant companion regardless of whether conditions.
I'd love to jazz up and accessorise more but it just gets on my nerves having things jangling around or sticking out all over the place. I'll have the odd gemstone bracelet, or usually a string of little bells. Bells feature in my attire quite a lot.

I don't mind how i look, i just wish i could find decent trousers more often than i do, and that i didn't have to wear such flat sturdy boots/shoes...I've got bones in my left leg that are wonky, so i have to wear supports which only really fit in flat shoes with heels that don't wear down quickly.

Last edited by Sun; 11-06-2013 at 03:40 PM..