Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 10-14-2013, 09:32 PM

I've changed my avatar to something closer to real life - i.e. short brown hair, pyjamas and eating a sandwich.

What is your sandwich of choice?
Homemade?
Toasted?
Complicated? Simple?
Sauces?

God now I really want a sandwich :'D

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 PM

My sandwhich of choice is a roast beef sub with cheese and "everything but jalapeneos and olives"...
However I more often eat a homemade pb&j.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 01:52 PM

i love a good BLT
real thick slices of tomato,
chris P bacon
*youtube that name*
crisp dark green lettuce
on toasted pumperknicle bread
light mayonaise on cooled off toast
sliced on the diagonal on my favorite plate

do you think i have put some thought into this sammie?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 PM

My favorite lately is toasted wheat bread, a nice coating of mayonnaise, a selection of lettuces, and big slice of tomato (or a few little slices), sometimes with some spices sprinkled on the mayo to mix it up. Simple, but sooo good. It's perfect when I'm hungry but don't want anything big and heavy, and it's just as good for warm days as it is for colder ones. It's especially good when I can get a really good quality tomato from a farmer's market or a "locally grown" special at the grocery store. The sandwich really lets the tomato shine, so it's the perfect place for a high quality tomato.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 AM

Even though they're really simple I don't eat many sandwiches because I end up getting bored of them halfway through. XD
So, I haven't had a sliced bread sandwich in a while, but I did make this tasty could-be-a-sandwich thinger.
I used a spinach tortilla but just pulled it apart into little squares instead of rolling it. Then smeared garlic hummus on the pieces. Topped with halved cherry tomatoes, then sprinkled with salt and chopped dried basil. Man, it was tasty.

Oh! I also tried cucumber sandwiches for the first time at a brunch recently. Those were really good! She toasted the bread slightly and made a mixture of mayo and some other ingredients (maybe yogurt and/or sour cream) with chopped dill. Smeared that on the slices along with slices of cucumbers. I didn't think something so simple could be so tasty.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 AM

I'm not much of a sandwich connoisseur really, but three of my favourites are roast pulled pork with stuffing and gravy, toasted cheese and ham sandwich, and lemon curd sandwiches.

Anything with salad, or mayonnaise is avoided like the plague. It really annoys me if i go out somewhere and fancy something bread based, that every shop you go in has anything with mayonnaise or tomatoes...I can't stand it.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 11-09-2013, 01:58 PM

My fillings...
eggs, tuna, chicken, turkey, pork, ham, beef...
Like vege~
Lettuce, tomato,
and as for sauce. Mayonnaise is a must.
Then BBQ sauce for meaty filling.
Salad cream and thousand island depending on whether I have it.
Tartar sauce for fish filling.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 PM

Recently I made a simple but absolutely delish grilled cheese sandwich.
Take a ciabatta roll, cut it open and spread pesto on both slices. Then place a thick slice of mozzarella
on each side. Press the sandwich together and pan toast it. Serve with enough chilled marinara sauce
to dip with and drink of choice. :D It's gooey, cheesy goodness.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 03:16 AM

When I have all the ingredients at hand, I like to make a sandwich with cheese, avocado and mayonnaise. Should put lettuce and tomato too, but most of the time I can't be bothered preparing those.