Risque
bing chilling

Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 AM

For all you city and suburban folk out here:
Where do you draw the line between the boonies and civilization? How often do you travel out to the countryside?

Personally, I don't leave the city much. Last time I went to the Oregon Coast and had a decent time enjoying the greenery and nature, though I can't say that I was well suited to the simplicity of things. There's only so much antiquing I can handle.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-15-2013, 03:10 AM

the boonies is when deer crossing is more often than people crossing

i love the country

Risque
bing chilling

Old 09-15-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

the boonies is when deer crossing is more often than people crossing

i love the country
You are so right. You know you're in the country when half the road signs are warning against deer.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM

We get kangaroo signs here...but I suppose it's the same concept...sadly on the last road trip I went on we saw roadkill at least twice...

The way we distinguish country from city areas is seeing a large land mass of dry grass and relatively dry other plants, or farms, with farm animals grazing on the grass, instead of buildings and people.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:41 AM

I live in a small town, so even though my house is in a suburban neighborhood I consider myself as living in the boonies. I have to drive 10 miles to do just about anything other than get overpriced food at our local grocery store.

I think the real boonies are where you can't even get good cell connection, though. That and the deer signs. Also, if you can drive on a road for more than a mile and not see another car....there are some roads around here like that.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-03-2013, 08:02 PM

I used to live in the country. In fact, at my high school we actually had a tractor day, where all the farming kids would ride their tractors to school. My friends lived like at least 20 minutes away from me, and every time I went to a new friends house I prayed I wouldn't get lost.

When I think of the boonies, I think of long driveways that lead into the woods, and then you find a house. Anything where you see houses closer than that or you see open fields: I call the country. I'm kind of picky about my labels :P

Civilization= large collection of stores (like 4 or more) and a nearby hospital xD

I live in the city now though.