Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM

Thanks ^.^

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM

ok Cora,

its unbalanced. you need some teal and black at the bottom of your avatar. I suggest the Raven ankle wings or the ankle wings from the imperial regalia for the black and maybe there is a bustle bow thats the right teal?

the light spell also seems a bit out of place, its too back it wasnt inside the sphere eh? wishes aside, i would eiuther take it off or try to balance out the blue light from it with something blue and glowy like the spell on the floor and/or the orb of air from that Ei that had the elements floating around...

that all being said. i Love the hair layering behind the tail, it looks like someone is drowning behind you and that is amazing! and Atlantis with the black and white is also a classic colour combination. you have to love that. and i love that you look like you are underwater with the bubbles and the background items. very nicely done.

overall: 8/10

---------- Post added 01-22-2013 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspense View Post
*Is Shakey*

Here you go!

Sorry I didn't upload a picture before, I saw some other people had asked for you to rate their current avatar without a picture and thought it was ok xP Plus I was on my phone at the time xDD

But yesh, could you please rate + advise me? It doesn't have to be extremely detailed, just what's good + what can be improved :D I'm trying to go for a dark/twisted Geisha look :D I'm kind of having a hard time at making her face a little eviller though!
its ok know what im rating sometimes, else i wont even know what im rating sometimes. as it can take me a day to respond to a post.

as a themed avatar i think your theme comes across brilliantly. the hair and the kimono along with the eye makeup really makes you look the part. Although i think the problem your having with the face is because of the hair selection. There is a scarier hair choice you could make where the hair is straight and over the one eye, only showing one eye and its long and creepy. that one might give you the edge your looking for.

as an avatar though, i really think the neck thing you have on takes away from the overall look of the avatar. I would take that off and add the red ribbon from the winter CI from a few years back. that would be perfect. I might actually suggest changing the skull in the hand for the skull belt. it would be more subtle and suggestive while being less poetic. I would also add the hanging crystals from the crystalz CI if you got it to add some creepy ambiance to the background.

overall: 7/10 creative theme and it came across nicely. it just needs a few touches here and there thats all.

---------- Post added 01-22-2013 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona_Watergate View Post
no its earings ^_^

---------- Post added 01-22-2013 at 08:23 AM ----------

\
BSW can you rate this one?
its perfect. i love the layering and variation on the browns. they add a stark contrast to the background which is very reminiscent of steampunk. its well balanced and well layered and not crowded or overwhelming.

its simple elegeance gets across exactly what your trying to get across simply and effectively. well done.

10/10

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
everything ok Bearzy?
Yeah, it's student loan application time is all. Not fun.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 PM

well its got to be done right?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM

It does, but it still sucks. Especially when my "bank account number is invalid for loan services".

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 PM

Thanks BSW.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 PM

I'm learning so much from reading BSW's critiques for all of the posted avatars. Thank you for this thread BSW.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 PM

no problem spunky. im here to help. I will always give item suggestions and layering suggestions as opposed to just saying "there is something wrong about this section" i would rather be helpful then just point out the obvious. I have a deep knowledge of the items mene has to offer and of how they layer. admittedly its not perfect. but i will always try to help as much as i can.

so thank you for appreciating me. Its more then i get for how hard i work at work. So thank you.

Fiona_Watergate
Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse...

Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 AM

Thanks BSW ^_^

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 AM

no prob fiona! i love your current avatar! its brilliant!

Fiona_Watergate

Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 AM

Thank you. I love brown I think its my favorite color.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
no problem spunky. im here to help. I will always give item suggestions and layering suggestions as opposed to just saying "there is something wrong about this section" i would rather be helpful then just point out the obvious. I have a deep knowledge of the items mene has to offer and of how they layer. admittedly its not perfect. but i will always try to help as much as i can.

so thank you for appreciating me. Its more then i get for how hard i work at work. So thank you.
it is great how you are helping others with improving their designs. you are such an awesome Menewshan. i wanted to let you know that.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Thank you. I love brown I think its my favorite color.
now you look like a fairy! but its a little crowded.... but a fairy for sure!

---------- Post added 01-23-2013 at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky3 View Post
it is great how you are helping others with improving their designs. you are such an awesome Menewshan. i wanted to let you know that.
thank you so much. I think im the average menewshan, mostly because mene is just full of awesome people. but thank you all the same. it truly means a lot to me to be appreciated on some level.

Lazarus
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM

I guess not so much asking for opinions of my avatar, cause he's not done yet really... I am having difficulty locating good items for him. Like something to go on his chest over the vest, or a good cape/ cloak like thing, perhaps a hat or something too? I have no idea, I am no good at this creative avatar business!! XD

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 PM

a) happy birthday!

b) i will give you a list of items that you can look up in the marketplace and preview with your avatar and judge for yourself if you think it will work and is worth buying.

Hat Suggestions:
-plague doctor hat black
-Jack's old hat (its from an EI and may be harder to get if you dont already have it)
-Duvalian Hat (another EI, but my fav option for you)
-Red and black voodoo top hat or red and black voodoo hat also available in White and black
-Riveted Black Top Hat
Cape Suggestions:
- Opera Cape with red lining
- Crow Black Captain's Cape
- Death Cloak Hood
- Black Demonate Cape or Red. either would work.
- Cape
-Amarande Cape
Vest Suggestions:
- Crow Black open vest
- Black Pirate Vest
- Inventor's Black vest

You could also try the Back fur from the CI that has the dwarven stuff in it... forget what it is called....
you Could also try the Marvolo Coat as it would act as a cape and as something over the chest a little bit or even the Tattered Vampire Tailcoat. that might be nice.

other then that, maybe the EGA Black coat for future use, but i dont think it will go with your current outfit.

c) the vampire teeth look great! ^.^

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 01-24-2013 at 09:26 PM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM

Morning (or, noon, or night) everyone!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM

hey bearzy!

how did that application form thingy go?

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 01-24-2013 at 10:46 PM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-25-2013, 12:04 AM

Got through that one eventually. Only two more and a flat search to go now! I really need to stop procrastinating.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 AM

its better to get it done when you have time to. and if that time is now, then you should do it now. ;)

Fiona_Watergate

Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 AM

BSW I love your face ^_^

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 AM

I did it! Now I won't be homeless this year!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
BSW I love your face ^_^
lol. that sounds like a 'your face' joke. lol.

---------- Post added 01-25-2013 at 05:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
I did it! Now I won't be homeless this year!
yay! no homelessness!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM

I'm quite a fan of not being homeless.