Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-24-2008, 06:46 PM

Zane walked down the crowded city street. The air was full of noises, loud, crowded, but he could barely hear any of it. His mind felt numb nd he supposed he was probably in shock. Just hours earlier he had been called on the phone in his apartment. His parents had been found dead in their house this morning. It looked like a double suicide, but he knew better.
Unfortunately, no matter what he had told the police, they had no evidence to say it could be murder, so nothing was done. Lost in his own thoughts, he was about to turn the corner, when a movement to his right caught his eye, he turned and almost laughed, seeing his own reflection. He stared for a moment, almost not recognizing himself, though who else would it be with the gold-flecked emerald eyes and nearly waist-length deep violet hair.
But just as he was about to turn away, a movement from deeper in the window caught his eye. It was an animal of some sort. Suprised, he took a step back and looked at the full window for the first time. Painted in neat, old-fashioned style lettering were the words: Millie's Exotic Pets.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Sanoko Send a message via MSN to Sanoko Send a message via Yahoo to Sanoko

Old 03-25-2008, 12:02 PM

Sanoko sat in the pet shop.She would look like a fox with three tails to most people, but to others she looked human. She red orange fur with her ears and tails tipped with blue. All her four legs was marked with some blue as well. That was how most would see her. Others saw her as a girl about 5'11 in height with long red hair that went a few inches past her butt and sapphire eyes.

She turned her head when she saw someone at the window. She didn't go to the window though she just stayed where she was at. She was one of the exotic pets that the store name mentioned. She was a rare one. She as saw others be bought and wondered if she ever would. Maybe she didn't fit anyone's tastes is why she hasn't been bought yet. She didn't care though she wanted to get out of this shop and see a change in scenery.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-25-2008, 08:43 PM

With a slight shrug, Zane entered. It wouldn't kill him to get off the street for a while. Besides, maybe looking at the pets would help take his mind off of everything.
Once inside, he was forced to do a double-take. He had expected this to be like any other "exotic" pet shop and be selling things like albino snakes and other such odd, but not truely exotic creatures, but he was very wrong. In his shock, he didn't notice as a woman approached him until she spoke.

"Hi, I'm Millie," she said pleasantly, her sapphire eyes sparkling, "is there anything I can help you with? Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Zane stared for a moment at her before coming to his senses. "Oh, no, I'm not really looking for anything. Just hadn't seen this place before and wanted to check it out."

"Many people haven't seen this place before." Millie said, sounding rather obscure. "Feel free to browse and I hope you'll find something here that suits you."

Zane continued to wander around the shop, staring at each creature in awe and wonder.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Sanoko Send a message via MSN to Sanoko Send a message via Yahoo to Sanoko

Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 PM

The shop was filled with the sent of incense that probably helped people in seeing the animals human form. Sanoko watched as the boy came in and started looking around the shop. She watched him for a few minutes before getting up and following him around. She wasn't in a cage so she could walk around the shop as she pleased. She just silently followed him around.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM

When he finally finished looking, Zane turned to head out, nearly tripping over what appeared to be a fox. A fow with three tails and blue tips on her ears and said tails.
"How unusual..." he said, crouching down, the end of his long hair ending up on the floor. "Hey there. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to trip over you." he said, assuming that the creature was intelligent enough to understand him at least a little. Cautiously he reached out a hand so that she could smell him if she wanted.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-28-2008, 12:13 PM

Sanoko nodded her head enough to show that she understood what he said and didn't mind being tripped over. When he reached his hand out to her she sniffed it and then licked his hand a little. She sat down and looked up at him, her tails moving about some.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM

When she licked his hand, it brought a faint smile to his lips and for a moment he forgot all the problems in his life. But then the weight of them came crashing back through him and he stood, heading for the door as though he would leave.

"There was nothing here to interest you?" Millie's voice froze him where he was. "Nothing that brought a smile to your face and made you forget all your problems for even a moment?"

Zane spun around. "How?" he asked, not sure what else to add to that one thought. She couldn't have known anything about him or what he'd been through and there was no way she could have seen his smile.

"I'm afraid that it's not something I can answer, but I know the nature of my pets. It is to comfort, and only those most in need of comfort ever enter here. If she brings you peace then she is your pet." Millie motioned Sanoko to come over to the counter. She had grown to care very much for the little creature and had a very special message to give her before they parted.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-28-2008, 11:47 PM

Sanoko watched as he seemed to be leaving. When Millie spoke to him he stopped and she watched and listened to them both. She saw when Millie motioned for her to come over to the counter so she walked over there and looked up at her. She had feeling that she might have something to say to her before she left and waited for her to tell her. She looked over at Zane for a few seconds before looking back at Millie.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-29-2008, 07:48 PM

Millie bent down, her eyes still on Zane. "Take care of him. He needs more help in his life than anyone else I've seen enter before. And take care of yourself. You're a very special pet and I think that in time he'll come to see you in your true form."

Zane, unsettled by the woman's staring, turned and pretended to look at some of the other pets. None of course really interested him that much.

"Come here." Millie finally said, motioning Zane over.
He crossed cautiously, unsure of what was going to happen, but she simply placed Sanoko in his arms with a smile.
"Her name is Sanoko and she's yours now. Don't protest," she said, holding up a hand as Zane opened his mouth to do just that, "it won't do you any good to argue because like it or not, she's yours. All I ask for payment is five dollars for a few simple supplies that you'll want to have and that you stop in once in a while for a visit."
She turned her attention back to Sanoko. "I know it can be degrading, but you'll need these on if you're to be about in public." Gently she hooked a tiny black collar with a sterling silver bell on it around her neck and clipped on a matching black leash, the end of which she handed to Zane.

Zane fumbled for his pocket, trying not to drop Sanoko while he was at it. He wasn't used to holding any sort of animal and he didn't want to hurt her.
"Is that everything?" he asked, managing to pull out the correct amount of money and laying it on the counter.

Millie smiled and handed over a small package with a few other items he'd need. "That should be it. Remeber what I said Sanoko."

With a sigh, Zane left the shop. "Well, it's you and me now." he said, feeling a bit rediculous.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2008, 08:05 PM

Sanoko nodded at what Millie said, she would take good care of him. She hoped he would see her in her true form soon. It would be nice to talk to someone other than Millie. Sanoko looked at Millie for a little longer when she place her in Zane's arms. She then looked up at him and listened to what they said. She did fell like he might not even want her, but she didn't do anything to show that.

When the collar was placed around her neck. She made a small noise to show that she didn't like it, but she did know that she needed to wear it. Sanoko nodded to Millie again about taking care of him. Sanoko looked up at him when they left the shop. She licked his check a little and then jumped out of his arms and just walked. She hadn't been out of the shop since she got there except for when she was let out in the back so she was a little curious.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-29-2008, 08:20 PM

Zane couldn't help but smile when Sanoko licked his cheek. She was probably the cutest little thing he had ever seen. "So...now what?" He asked. "Should we just go to my place or would you rather walk around for a while?"
Immediately after asking, he shook his head. Sure, she could understand, but that didn't mean she could talk back or anything.
"How about ice cream?" he finally asked. He really didn't want to go back to his apartment. Not now. Not ever he thought dismally.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 PM

Sanoko stopped and looked at him. She was thinking about how to answer him. She could talk, but he most likely wouldn't be able to understand her in the form he saw her in. When asked about having some ice cream she nodded. "Sure." she said, but it came out as a small happy like sound. Though wouldn't it be weird to see a fox eat ice cream, oh well if she got some show would eat it.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-29-2008, 09:08 PM

Zane laughed a little at the happy sound she made. "Ice cream it is then." he announced, heading down the street and trying not to go too fast for Sanoko. He was still unsure what he was supposed to do now. As a kid he'd never been allowed a pet and so had never had to take care of one. What would he feed her? Or did she just eat anything?

At the ice cream place, Zane glanced down at Sanoko then decided on a carmel-nut sundae for himself and a small bowl of vanilla for Sanoko. He considered getting her something else, but didn't want to kill her. In fact, he was sort of nervous about giving her the ice cream at all.

Once their ice cream was ready, he moved them over to a table and set her on one chair with her ice cream, keeping the leash looped around his wrist. He tried to enjoy his treat, but it seemed tasteless to him.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2008, 10:04 PM

Sanoko followed him to the ice cream place. He didn't need to worry about what he should feed her because she could eat anything. It wouldn't hurt her. Though she did prefer meats and fruits. She made a small noise of protest in what he had gotten her after knowing what he had gotten for himself. She would like something with a little more flavor, but she was fine with it.

When she was sat upon a chair at there table she began to eat her ice cream. It was pretty good, but just a little too plain for her, she could have nuts on hers and it really wouldn't hurt her because nuts was something that foxes ate. She looked up at him when he seemed to not be enjoying his ice cream. She tilted her a bit to the side as she continued to look at him.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-29-2008, 11:03 PM

Zane sighed then looked over at Sanoko to find that she seemed to be watching him. With a faint smile, he picked hr up and moved her over to his lap.
"Sorry. I've just had a lot happen recently." He looked over at his half-finished ice cream then back down at Sanoko.
"If you want some of that I guess you could have it. I'm not really that hungry at the moment anyway."
It was just too soon since hearing the bad news. He could eat, but it was all just mechanical; just something he did because he had to.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 PM

Sanoko looked up at him and nodded a bit as if understanding that he was in pain. She rubbed up against him something like a cat would in a way to where it could be like a hug might feel if she could actually give him one when seen in her true form. She then ate some of the ice cream, but it wasn't much more like just a taste. She then rubbed against him again and licked his hand.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 PM

With an absent smile, Zane scratched Sanoko's back and between her ears. She was comforting and helped him to not dwell so much on his parent's deaths.
"Thank you." he said softly. "How about we go home for now?"
Rather than getting up though, he waited for her to move. He still didn't want to go back to his place. Not really anyway, but he would have to go there sometime.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2008, 11:23 PM

Sanoko sat there for awhile before jumping down. She was waiting for him to move first, but he didn't so she just there for a little while longer to waste some more time. She looked up at him waiting on him. Though she didn't care if he took awhile before getting up for them to leave.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-29-2008, 11:32 PM

Finally, Zane stood, heading off toward his place slowly. For a moment he panicked. What if pets weren't allowed? But then he remembered that One of the elderly ladies in the place had a little yippy dog and a few old cats.

"Well, home it is then."
Maybe it won't be so bad now. I won't be fully alone at least.

Soon they were at the front of the building and Zane almost couldn't bring himself to enter, but he knew he'd have to eventually so he pushed open the door and entered the small lobby area. "Elevator or stairs?" he asked Sanoko. "And if I take off the leash will you behave?"
Immediately after he asked that last question he regretted it. Sanoko had been very well-behaved already and she might be offended by the question.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 PM

Sanoko looked around for a few minutes before heading for the elevator. She stopped when he asked if he took the leash off would she behave. She was a little offended by it and it somewhat shown. Her ears went back on her head for a second and the went back up. She then just nodded that she would behave. She then waited on him to take the leash off or lead the way to his apartment.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-29-2008, 11:54 PM

"Sorry." Zane said, noticing her reaction.
He pushed the up button then bent down to unhook her the leash while waiting for the elevator to arrive.
When it dinged it's arrival, he stood and entered.

"Well, here goes..." he said softly, more to himself then to her. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath then pushed the button for the seventh floor.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-30-2008, 12:18 AM

Sanoko's tails moved about happily when he took the leash off. She walked inside the elevator with him when it arrived and the doors opened. She looked up at him when he said something and watched as he push one of the buttons. She then rubbed up against his legs seeing as how he really didn't want to go to his apartment and seemed pretty sad now a little sadder than he had before.