sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 02:52 AM

THIS IS PLATINUMCHILD. Sorakoii and Chipyun have both become too busy to keep the current thread running. I have received permission to create a new thread in its place. If you would still like to participate, please send me a private message with a link to the page your form is on, and I will add it to the NEW THREAD

➠ Art Mentors/Mentees Thread!*

Welcome to the Art Mentors/Mentees Thread! Here you can find help with an art mentor or sign up to help someone in need of your artistic talents :) This idea was inspired by a similar guild at Gaiaonline! I hope this thread helps you.

Updates:

NEW manager: CHIPYUN
08/11/08: underconstruction/post ok

introduction | rules&guidelines | artmentors | artmentees | tutorials&resources | events | reserved | links

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 12-23-2008 at 12:07 AM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 AM

Rules & Guidelines

What is this thread all about?
The purpose of this thread is to help people who want to improve themselves and offer their skills to other artists or look for help. The thread can also be used for any questions or discussions of any various artistic aspects you may have.

What do mentors do?
Mentors will ideally give intelligent critique on mentee's artwork, give tips for improvement, help with whatever the mentee needs help with, etc. Mentors should give thoughtful critiques and try their best to help out their student. Mentors will be given one post (which is the same as our application form) where I will redirect on the front page. On that post, you may edit as many times as you'd like and even edit in "assignments" you'd like your mentees to complete!

What do mentees do?
You simply fill out the application form and if there is no mentor available at the moment, I'll just put you on the front page and wait for you to get a mentor.

How can I join this?
All you have to do is fill out an application form, and I'll put your name and information on the front page.

Can I be both a mentor and a mentee?
Of course!

There are no more mentors left, can I still ask for help from people in the thread?
Yes you can!

- - -

Please fill out this form to be an art mentor:

HTML Code:
[SIZE="4"][B][U][COLOR="Red"]I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTOR PLEASE![/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]

[B]Username:[/B] (self explanatory)
[B]Small intro:[/B] (about yourself, what tools you use, 
your style, your strengths and weaknesses, etc)
[B]Gallery:[/B] (link to your artwork)
[B]Availability:[/B] (what times you are available)
[B]Mentees:[/B] (how many you are accepting at a time)
[B]How to contact:[/B] (msn, aim, private message, etc)
[B]Extra:[/B] (any more information you'd like to include?)
Please fill out this form if you want to be an art mentee:

HTML Code:
[SIZE="4"][B][U][COLOR="Red"]I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTEE PLEASE![/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]

[B]Username:[/B] (self explanatory)
[B]Mentor:[/B] (which mentor would you like?)
[B]Small intro:[/B] (about yourself, what tools you use, 
your style, why you want help, etc)
[B]Gallery:[/B] (link to your artwork)
[B]Area of weakness:[/B] (what you need help with and 
what you want to learn from that certain mentor)
[B]Extra:[/B] (any more information you'd like to include?)
Anymore questions? Please ask! :)

introduction | rules&guidelines | artmentors | artmentees | tutorials&resources | events | reserved | links

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-12-2008 at 03:25 AM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 02:55 AM

Art Mentors

1. sorakoii: gallery
mentees: taken.
2. Platinumchild: gallery
mentees: open for three people
3. Nahalie: gallery
mentees: (to be decided)

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-23-2008 at 10:43 PM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 AM

Art Mentees

1. chipyun: gallery
2. sorakoii: gallery
3. winnsome: gallery
4. Platinumchild: gallery
5. linkfreak131: gallery
6. NoLifeOn: gallery
7. Noirabu: gallery
8. swanniee: no gallery
9. Noirabu: gallery

Last edited by sorakoii.; 09-18-2008 at 10:55 PM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 AM

Tutorials and resources

You can post any tutorials or resources you find helpful in this thread, and I'll put them up here!

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-12-2008 at 03:13 AM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 AM

Events

Fun stuff yay :)
Suggestions anyone?

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-12-2008 at 03:14 AM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:00 AM

7. Reserved

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:01 AM

8. Links

I need to make some. :(

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-12-2008 at 03:07 AM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:07 AM

save

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-12-2008 at 03:10 AM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:07 AM

save

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-12-2008 at 03:09 AM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:08 AM

omfg save

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

save again

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

reserved

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:09 AM

almost done

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:09 AM

FRONT PAGE HAS BEEN SAVED!

chipyun
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2008, 03:11 AM

YES. I GIVE THIS THREAD A THUMBS UP X INFINITY. >8D

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2008, 03:22 AM

Argh I have no choice since I started this thread SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE A MENTOR 8 A 8; !

I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTOR PLEASE!

Username: sorakoii
Small intro: (about yourself, what tools you use,
your style, your strengths and weaknesses, etc)

I'll edit that section later XD; /sleepy

Gallery: http://www.artisticxheart.deviantart.com/
Availability: not sure yet
Mentees: one
How to contact: MSN, if you're accepted as a mentee, I'll pm you my msn.
Extra: edit laterrr!

Last edited by sorakoii.; 08-12-2008 at 03:25 AM..

chipyun
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 AM

I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTEE PLEASE!

Username: chipyun
Mentor: sorakoii. Well... you're the only mentor here now ? XD;;
Small intro: Hi, I'm chip. 8D! My style is very generic, girly and anime. I think I am decent with chibis. I usually draw everything on the computer, using openCanvas. Sometimes I play around with photoshop. I really want to improve on lots of things.
Gallery: http://chipstar.deviantart.com
Area of weakness: My normal works are my problem. They look repetitive because I hardly experiment and the head shape and face is almost always the same. :< I also have troubles with anatomy, menz, poses, angles... I need to work on nearly everything. orz I want you to help me with well... anything, everything. Please force me to do different things, thank you! * A *
Extra: I love you for making this thread sora. ; D ;

Last edited by chipyun; 08-12-2008 at 03:59 AM..

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Winnsome Send a message via MSN to Winnsome

Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Username: winnsome
Mentor: sorakoii obviously. uh. *GRABBYHANDS ON ONLY MENTOR* - I mean, any mentor is a privilege. *dies*
Small intro: Hi, I'm Winn, and I'm reallyreallyold. older than you - just kidding. My style is really uh. Chibi. Because I really fail at poses and fingers and composition - to be honest I only developed my chibi sparkle-attack style because it was uh, the only thing that came sort of easily to me. uhh. I draw with the computer, mostly, and even then things turn out really sketch and chunky. CLEAN LINES ARE SO HARD.
Gallery: http://winnsome.deviantart.com <= s-sort of not updated though *dies*.
Area of weakness: um, everything, haha. ^^;;; realism, making necks connect to heads normally, foreshortening, making hands look normal, shading with the correct light/shading thing uhhh. haha, mostly, I've been wanting to improve in my art for the last few years and I think I sorta regressed instead. *dies*
Extra: HI. I CLICKED CHIP'S SIG.

chipyun
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM

YES MENTEE COMPANIONS 8DDD -high5-

-sits on sora- *x*

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-16-2008, 05:10 PM

Since we're allowed to be both, I think I'll try both. I'd have a hard time choosing otherwise, haha! I feel like I can help someone but I also know I need help...

I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTOR PLEASE!

Username: PlatinumChild
Small intro: I am a self-taught artist. I draw out my sketches on regular computer paper and then color them in Photoshop CS3. I think my anatomy is alright but it's not the best. However, I am pretty good at spotting anatomy errors.
Gallery: Here it is~
Availability: I'm always on and off every day, but one's best bet to catch me is after 5 p.m. PST time.
Mentees: I am willing to take 3 at a time.
How to contact: PM, whoever gets to be my mentee will have my MSN PM-ed to them.
Extra: I will be going to college soon so I might be busy with some things, but I'm always willing to help!

Username: PlatinumChild
Mentor: Anyone besides myself? Haha. so.. sorakoii or Nahalie?
Small intro: I am self taught so there are many things I don't know. I never learned color theory and I learned to improve my anatomy by looking at other art. My anatomy could use some work, and I'd like to learn to be a bit more dynamic and composition-wise about my work.
Gallery: There you go~
Area of weakness: Anatomy, perspective (foreshortening), hands, feet, backgrounds, MALES.

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 09-01-2008 at 10:35 PM..

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-19-2008, 11:19 PM

DSHUIHFUIS I AM SO SORRY I WASN'T HERE FOR A WHILE ; __;

i'll add you guys to the front page!

as for mentor ... you guys don't HAVE to put someone there 8'D;

-sits on chip- * v *

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-19-2008, 11:27 PM

Haha, it's okay!

Well, I kinda got told off for not filling a form out properly once, so now I'm paranoid about filling everything in.Haha~

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-19-2008, 11:53 PM

Username: linkfreak131
Mentor: Doesn't matter to me. As long as he or she is experienced, preferably in realism, is fine by me.
Small intro: Well let's see here, I'm 17, I'm a girl, and I've always loved to draw ever since I was little. I would even carry coloring books, and such, to parties so that I'd have something interesting to do while I was there. xD I used to be really into the anime art style, but now I really hate drawing it, so I've broken away from it, and have gone into realism. I study and practice art by myself through books. I mostly just use pencils to draw the picture, scan it into my computer, outline it, and then color it in with photoshop, but I am still experimenting with it. I'd mostly like help with the anatomy, since I'm still slowly learning it; I want to be extremely good at it so that I can draw almost anything! I need someone to be able to point out my flaws, and not be afraid to say it.
Gallery: http://linkfreak131.deviantart.com/
Area of weakness: anatomy, hands/feet. The male figure. Mussels.
Extra: Um... Nope, I guess not. xD Thanks for taking the time to read this. =)

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-19-2008, 11:57 PM

"The male figure" Same here! I don't think I put that, though... *runs off to check*