sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to sukishine Send a message via MSN to sukishine

Old 03-08-2008, 05:51 AM

I haven't written in a long time and when I did it wasn't that good but I was inspired to start again since I have started reading books that I really love and also because my sister came up with some awesome OCs that I really like.

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-08-2008, 05:52 AM

reserved for character reference

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-08-2008, 05:52 AM

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-08-2008, 05:53 AM

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-08-2008, 05:53 AM

I haven't written in years and when I did it wasn't that good but I was inspired to start again since I have started reading books that I really love and also because my sister came up with some awesome OCs that I really like.

This story is about the main OC, Yaari, and goes back into basically a flash back of when Yaari first discovered her specialty with singing and the power it has over others.

OCs:
Yaari, Jamari, Momosi, and Fahil (c)Rini-Bunny & Suki-shine
First Melodies drabble (c) Suki-shine

First Melodies~
When Yaari was about four years old she went to the Celebration of Summers that the Kadherdin faeries held annually in mid summer.
There she heard sounds new to her but familiar at the same time.
She had heard the rustling of leaves and the pulse of her heart and even the whistle of birds but never a melody
such as presented that day. It was singing. She was mesmerized by what vibrations flowed from the lips of the
entertainers. It gave her such a sensation that nothing had ever given her before- passion.
She felt so alive while she listened.
The rest of the carnival was spent within a few short hours enjoying dancing
and singing.
When Yaari, her elder brother, Jamari, and parents were on their way home Yaari's sweet tooth suddenly kicked in
when she remembered seeing her Mimosi buy a few treats at the carnival and tucking them into her bag.
She pleaded,
"Mimosi, may I plea-se have a honey sucker? I haven't had anything sweet all day!"
Mimosi instantly retorted,
"No. Nothing before supper and I don't want to hear you say anything about it."
Yaari sighed knowing that asking repeatedly wasn't going to get her anywhere with Mimosi.
If only her Fahil was there. He spoiled her good and could easily persuade Mimosi
with his charm.
"Hmm...", she pondered, "There must be a way to get what I want without getting in trouble.
I got it; Others were singing at the carnival. So can I. It doesn't look too hard and then I wouldn't be directly disobeying. Hehe."
She cleared her throat and attempted to sing a high pitch which she over-estimated and ended erroneously.
It was a sad first try and Jamari's face cringed like a raisin at the yelp.
Frustrated more than embarrassed at failing she focused on the tones she planned to sing before she uttered them.
Then she began," Oh, Mimosi, I would very much like a honey sucker~ Just one is all~ Oh please I will be ever so grateful!"
At the end of her scattered but surprisingly in tune performance
she found both Jamari and her Mimosi to seem completely bewitched by her singing and not only that but Mimosi
had reached for her bag and was handing her a honey sucker.
Yaari eagerly took the candy from her before she could change her mind and popped it in her mouth.
Within a few minutes all went back to normal and Jamari again reminding Mimosi of his most wanted gifts
for his upcoming birthday.
Later in the evening after the last meal had been eaten Mimosi gave Yaari a honey sucker. Upon receiving it she
smiled mischievously but dared not speak a word about what happened earlier just in case it would be taken from
her.
During that whole week she experimented more with singing and found that when she performed around others she got
exactly what she wanted. She lived it up to the fullest even skipping lessons to go eat sweets and play.
After about a month she started feeling guilty about being dishonest with her parents about where all the candy
went and why she smelled like she hadn't bathed in at least two weeks so she stopped singing around other people
unless she thought she really needed to. Which when it came to sweets...was fairly often.

The End~

Last edited by sukishine; 01-22-2009 at 07:27 PM..

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 PM

Yeah...I had to write a narrative paragraph at school and this is what became of it.

The train whistled shrilly to announce its arrival at the Victoria Station and halting abruptly, brought more than a few hairs out of place. Once stopped the train's passengers went busily retrieving their items and racing to the exits. I sat where I was patiently as getting trampled wasn't on my list of things to do for the day. After just a few remained I shuffled out only to be immersed into a thronging crowd and the overwhelming scent of smoke. Fainting wasn't an option despite the claustrophobia so I squeezed through what openings I could until I was finally and very thankfully outside the station where I saw a man holding a piece of cardboard that had "Will work for food" written on it. I scavenged through my baggage and when I came upon the gingersnaps, took one out of the container and walking stealthily around as to not be seen by the young man, came from behind him and held the cookie right before the man's eyes and said, "Will this do?" while giving his head a good pat.
"Woah, where did you come from?" he asked before he shoved the cookie into his mouth.
"That's for me to know, but dear brother, thank you so very much for rescuing me from this dreadfully dull trip! What ever would I do without you?"
Quickly snatching the box of cookies from my bag and smirking he said, " You'd have a lot more gingersnaps."
Suddenly, I was shoved roughly to the ground along with my baggage. My brother, Tom, came to help me from the ground and when I was halfway lifted we saw a man in an over sized, beige trench coat swoop up my baggage and the cookies. Tom released me and I landed smartly on my derriere. He then rushed toward the robber shaking his fish in the air and as if determined to cause him to stop with only the sound of his voice yelled above the surrounding ruckus, "Stop right there you thieving scoundrel-- don't make me come after you!"
"Tom! Calm down will you. Be sensible and let's go report this, " I protested.
He then mumbled something inaudible but with a scornful expression on his countenance and then said, " But Elizabeth, that rascal stole my gingersnaps."
"Oh really, are you three or three and twenty? You do make me wonder. And besides, they were my cookies. Let us be thankful that all that those suit cases contain are my old working clothes, which I'm sure will be much to his disappointment as I'm wearing my best right now. All the same, I would like them back. Shall we?" I say as I intertwine my arm with his.
"Very well, " my child like Tom says as I lead him to the nearest officer who didn't seem to catch sight of out misfortune.

Last edited by sukishine; 01-22-2009 at 07:15 PM..