Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:53 PM

"No, no... She's up to something." Luke assured Myriam as he watched his sister continue until she was completely out of sight. He turned back, looking down at his tray, the food mostly picked over, a piece of cake remaining as well as a few cookies. His sister never left cookies, if she didn't eat them all during lunch she would put them in her pockets for later. She probably already had some in there, she was never without something sweet, neither was he. It was probably a biological thing, their bodies needed a lot of food, and sugar, to cope with the shape-shifting. He was always starving when he turned back into a human, even after just a few minutes. Not that he changed much, his sister rarely went a day without transforming into something or another, he'd always be tasking with searching out her wayward clothing, since she often forgot where she had transformed.

Sighing, he tried to think of a way to make this less awkward, he'd feel bad just up and leaving like Leila did, and he really had nowhere to be, not for another few hours. "Leila is right though, I want to be a historian just so I can read and study and be alone." It wasn't a surprise to anyone that remotely knew him, he much preferred silence, and to be alone. The entire school knew, it seemed, even the staff. He even had his own special place in the library, a chair way off in the back, on the second floor, surrounded by shelves of old, dusty books. No one ever went back there, no one bothered him, and he spent hours there nearly every day. Occasionally he had forgotten what time it was and was reading until nearly two in the morning. Class the next day had been pretty awful.

"I suppose that's what makes me strange? I like to be alone and read, and actually enjoy the school work. Most thing that is pretty weird." Luke managed a small, embarrassed laugh. Rarely did he have a conversation this long, not even with Sven, who he considered to be his best friend, even if it was only because they have been roommates for three years. "What makes you weird? I mean, aside from..." He focused on her tentacles, gasping when he realized when he did. "I mean, not that... not that you look weird, or they're weird... or that it's bad... it's just..." He stumbled on his words, unable to explain himself but knowing he was entirely stupid. I guess I need Leila here if I don't want to make an ass out of myself...

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-19-2016, 11:28 PM

"Up to something?" Myriam repeated. "So you think she's planning something? Is it good or bad? What do you think she's planning? Does she do this a lot?" Myriam asked and blushed softly although it wasn't too noticeable on her seagreen skin. "I apologize for the barrage of questions. I suppose I asked so many because...well I've never really had any sort of conversation before with anyone. So all this is new to me even though it's something so simple." she explained, giving Luke a sheepish smile. Myriam was curious though, what could Leila be up to? She obviously had no sort of idea but Luke surely had some sort of idea as to what his sister could be up to. Hopefully it wasn't something bad though.

Myriam listened to Luke, her fingers tracing the lines on her palm. "That sounds like it can be an interesting career. There's nothing wrong with liking to be alone. I mean, I understand we all love to have our alone time...it's only natural. "I personally like alone time, it's safer that way. I do like this though, having lunch with someone is actually rather fun." Myriam admitted and let out a soft sigh. "I could tell you're not comfortable being here, I could tell the moment you and your sister arrived. She's...persistent she is and you just sat here to not be rude. If you don't want to have lunch with people I don't think you should feel like you should you know." Myriam explained honestly. She wasn't saying it to be mean, she just didn't want anyone to feel like they were being forced to sit here and eat with her.

Myriam tilted her head to the side as Luke spoke, "Well yes I suppose so. But it's not strange in a bad way so there's that. There is nothing wrong with enjoying school, and I'm sure you're not the only one that enjoys it." she stated. When she caught him staring at her tentacles she only smiled. "Well..." she started. "They are pretty weird aren't they?" she asked. "I always assumed I was weird because of what I can do, but I guess that's not the weirdest thing about me." she answered and let out a soft laugh.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-19-2016, 11:50 PM

Luke sat in silence for a moment, digesting all of it. She had said so much it sort of surprised him, considering she had barely spoken to them since his sister all but intruded in on her lunch. "I actually have sort of enjoyed this as well... normally I eat lunch in my room, or somewhere with Leila talking non-stop for an hour. This is a nice change of pace, I suppose..." He wasn't lying, yet it still felt strange, like he couldn't feel entirely comfortable, which is how he often felt around strangers and new situations. "But she was up to something by doing this... She planned this, at least a bit. It's like she wanted us to be alone..." He mumbled, trying to put together the puzzle. Normally he was god at puzzles and problems, but right now he was just confused. Why would he want them to be alone? Was she trying to force him to make new friends?

After talking about them, he couldn't stop looking at the tentacles she had for hair, intrigued by them. He had ready many books, carefully studied many of the other students, but she was different. At least in looks, he didn't know much about her yet. It was strange that he even considered wanting to know more about her. That would mean he'd have to actually talk to her again. A feeling he did not quite understand. Normally he talked to people for his sisters sake, not on his own accord. "Can I touch them?" He blurted out, instantly his grey skin turned turned pink as he blushed. "I mean, I'm sorry, that was rude... I shouldn't have..." Oh god, he was a total freak. He considered getting up and running, but he had two classes with her, how could he leave it at this awkward point?

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 12:26 AM

Myriam didn't even know why she had talked so much, it clearly surprised him and it surprised her as well. She wasn't ever so social, she was shy! Or at least, she always thought she was but after this she wasn't even sure anymore. He enjoyed this? He didn't look like the kind of guy that would. She was silent as he spoke, not sure what she could say after having talked so much already. So Leila really was a chatterbox, they were total opposites. They were twins of course, and she always thought twins were similar in everything except clothing tastes but these two proved her to be very wrong. Well you always learn something knew even when you're not trying. "Hmm, she sounds like a mysterious little lady." Myriam started. She was really thinking hard about what to say. For now she busied herself in trying to figure out what Leila could be up to. Luke was right, Leila had wanted them to be alone it seemed. The question was, why?

Myriam didn't even notice that he was still staring at her tentacles, she then remembered the note and shook her head. Surely little Leila wasn't playing matchmaker was she? "I just remembered the first note, perhaps that has something to do with it?" Myriam suggested with a shrug. His question caught her by surprise. No one ever wanted to get very close to her, well she never allowed them. "Oh...w-well." she started and didn't think it would be so bad, it was just an odd question was all. Hearing him apologize made her laugh quietly to herself, "It's okay Luke. It wasn't really rude I don't think." Myriam admitted. "You can though if you'd like to." she answered.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-20-2016, 12:48 AM

Luke frowned when Myriam mentioned the note. What had it said? Something about him thinking... Oh god. He groaned and covered his eyes. "I'm going to kill her." He muttered, wondering why it had taken him so long to do so anyways. She knew he was not interested in... in girls. Or boys, as she even dared to try once. It wasn't the first time, most recently it had been a girl from her art class, who could control plants. It hadn't gone well, he was awkward and bad at conversation, and she hated french fries, a huge deal breaker for him. "I'm sorry, she shouldn't have tried to... I mean, it's not that I don't... I just..." How could he explain himself? It wasn't anything against her, she seemed nice enough, he was just so bad at all of this.

Perhaps it was all the shuffling around as a child that made it difficult for him to form an attachment, where as Leila felt the opposite, able to attached herself to just about anything. He always wondered how they ended up so different, Leila said it was because he was the stern, older brother, but he was only three minutes older, so age shouldn't have much to do with it. As a child he always wanted to watch out for her, despite them being twins, she was smaller, even now she wasn't very tall, one of the shortest in the school at her age. Not that she let that stop her.

Further explanations and musings were cut off when she gave him permission to touch the tentacles. Could he really do it? It seemed rude to do, plus he barely knew her. Yet he was curious, books were nice, even better when they had pictures, but the real thing... He put the tray aside and awkwardly scooted closer to her, not too close though. She would probably never want to talk to him against after this, yet he reached his hand out, his fingers just barely touching one of the tentacles. It was cool and wet to the touch, he wasn't sure what he had expected, perhaps slimy and gross, but it wasn't. "What exactly are you?" He asked, too intrigued to realise just how rude he was being.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 01:21 AM

Myriam panicked slightly and waved her hands in front of her, "No no no...there's no need to go and kill her. I mean, just talk to her." she said and laughed nervously. Hopefully what she had said didn't really get Leila killed. "I think you just need to talk to her. She's your sister and I don't think you'd want to hurt her ever, but I do think you need to tell her how you feel about these little schemes of hers. Tell her that you don't find them amusing at all and that you would appreciate if she would stop putting you in these uncomfortable situations." Myriam said honestly. "I know you don't want to be mean but sometimes you have to be to really get through to a person." she added. Shaking her head as he tried to explain himself, Myriam just sighed. "It's alright, I completely understand." she reassured.

This was going to be the first and last time they had lunch together. Starting tomorrow she would do her best to stay away. This was why she didn't get close to people, it never ended well when she did. Of course she didn't have class tomorrow but she did on Wednesday. Hopefully tomorrow she would be able to enjoy some alone time. She wanted to just sink into the water and hide there.

Myriam just sat there, her eyes on her hands to keep from staring at him. She didn't know why he had asked what he asked, but it wasn't a terrible thing so she allowed it. He seemed hesitant and she could understand why, it probably did look weird to anyone who saw them. Thankfully no one could see them, everyone was probably still eating or hanging out with friends. When she heard him ask what she was, she only gave him a small smile. "Well I'm an aquatic gorgon." she answered in a whisper. "Which is why I ask people to stay away." she added.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-20-2016, 01:37 AM

Luke pulled his hand back, though he didn't move away. "I'd never actually kill her, she's my family." He didn't think she would think him serious, he had threatened that so many times, he never meant it, no matter how much she interfered in his life, no matter how much she drove him crazy, he wasn't sure he could live without her. He didn't even go a day without seeing her, even if only for a minute, in some form or another.

"Gorgon? Like turn things to stone, Gorgon?" Obviously he had heard about those, but never an aquatic gorgon. Which surprised him, since he had apparently been going to school with her for over three years. How had he not noticed before? Sure, he was pretty oblivious, but she sort of stood out. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that... I... Ugh, I'm horrible at this." Luke was completely flustered and at this point a total disaster, his thoughts all jumbled and he didn't know what to do or say to fix the mess he was making of this all. She wanted people to stay away, he understood that feeling, especially probably wanting him gone. Yet here he was, bothering her. He should have stopped his sister in her crazy scheme, made her think about what her actions would seem like to others. "I'm sorry about my sister... and me, we shouldn't have bothered you..." He mumbled, words just spilling out at this point, giving her no chance to reply, wondering why he had stayed after Leila left. "And sorry... about this..." He said, motioning towards her and the tentacles that fascinated him.

"I understand why you'd want me to not bother you anymore. I should not have asked about such personal things..." Luke had already stood up and grabbed the tray from his lunch. "I'm sure you have more important things to do than deal with me..." Oh god, he wanted to just hide for the next week. Never before had he been so embarrassed.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 04:41 AM

Myriam let out a sigh of relief at Luke's response. "Oh really?" she asked. "Oh I'm so relieved, I thought you were seriously going to kill her. I was starting to grow concerned and even thought about running after her to warn her." she confessed. She hadn't meant to upset him if she had. Myriam nodded, "That's exactly right. The difference is you can look into my eyes without any worries. It's only when I'm angry that you should not look into my eyes." Myriam explained. "Oh it's alright I don't mind. I can tell you're not good at conversing, you seem very shy. It's fine though, I'm rather shy too but I'm sure you already guessed as much. I'm only actually talking because you're taking the time to actually talk to me. You see, no one ever really tries to talk to me. Then again I don't let them get to close, for their own safety of course." Myriam informed. She wondered if now that he knew this, they'd avoid her as well.

Myriam fell completely silent like the statues she could turn people into. She was listening to him speak and could tell he was not too happy right now. "What? I-" she stopped herself and frowned at his words. "I..." she started but what could she say to this? "I...I don't hate you or your sister Luke." she started and held her empty lunch tray in her hands. "I don't mind talking to either of you. But...i-if you're not comfortable then I will not force you to stay either. You are free to do as you wish." she said and shot him a small smile. "Well...have a good day." she whispered and quickly made her way back to the cafeteria, a trail of water trailing behind her as she set the tray on the rack where it belonged then practically started running off towards her room. Maybe it was better if she just stayed hidden in her room all day tomorrow.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-20-2016, 10:59 AM

Could it have gone any worse? No, probably not. He had made a fool out of himself, upset Myriam, and well... he was sure there was more he could cringe about later. How he had managed to go from having an actual conversation to whatever that mess was, is a total mystery. All he knew was that he would probably never hear the end of it from Leila, because there was no way Myriam would want to talk to either of them again after that. He had watched her go, followed the path of water so he could also return his tray, but she was long gone before he did so. He couldn't risk bumping into her again, not if everything that came out of his mouth was so stupid.

With a groan, Luke started towards his room, trudging down the halls slowly, avoiding eye contact with anyone, as if they could somehow magically see his shame, his embarrassment, and just how socially awkward he was. Why did Leila always have to put him in these positions? She knew how bad he was at this! He needed to calm down, to distract himself... His destination changed, he hurried to the library, the one spot where he could just read, and where even Leila rarely bothered him. For all her craziness she knew that this was his special place, if he was here then she needed to just leave him be.

It didn't take long for him to be settled in the plush, leather chair at the back of the library, book in hand. He had skimmed the books, barely reading the titles, and it wasn't until he flipped open the cover that he realized he had picked up a book about Gorgons. It was one of the old, dusty ones that was rarely used, but pages yellow. He had read books about a lot of the species, mostly when he met or saw someone at school and was curious. Despite knowing that he could never really show his face around Myriam again, he wanted to know more, to see if the ones like her, were in this book.

It was no surprise that Leila didn't actually go to class, not when there were so many more fun things to do, which included spying on her brother. Of course she didn't get to do much of that, by the time she had made it to her room, left behind her pretty blue dress, and turned into her cat form, apparently her brother had messed it all up. As she padded down the hall, tail swishing happily, she noticed first Myriam come through, then Luke, who looked entirely unhappy. Never a good sign with him. She was going to confront him, but as she followed him she realized he was going to the library, his special place. With an annoyed meow she let him continue on without her, she would have to wait until he went back to his room to figure out what happened. Unless...

She wasn't sure which room was Myriam's, but the trail of water proved useful. She followed it through the halls of the girls dorms until it stopped at a door. It would be hard to talk to her in this current form, and she wasn't sure Myriam would appreciate her... lack of clothing when she transformed out of it, so she hurried back to her room, where she would have to figure out how she was going to do this. Another note? It seemed like a good choice, but then again she didn't know how bad her brother had messed things up. No, this was going to be more difficult than she thought...

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 04:00 PM

What could she do now? It was still daylight outside so sleep wasn't really an option at the moment. Looking around, Myriam wondered if she could find something interesting to do here or maybe she could go help out in the cafeteria. Maybe she could help clean up or something. Anything as long as she was doing something so that she didn't have to think about today at all. In all honesty, she just wanted to forget that today had even happened. That was much easier said than done though. What exactly had even happened? A misunderstanding? Maybe, she wasn't too sure what had happened but she didn't think it was a good thing since Luke hadn't looked too pleased. "This is why I stay away from people." Myriam said to herself and sighed as she walked around her room, picking up random things and putting them back down.

If she was correct, Leila would want to know what happened and Luke would probably tell her. What would happen then? Leila would...well Myriam wasn't sure what Leila would do. That girl was full of surprises, it was hard to pinpoint her reactions to anything it seemed. Myriam let out a soft sigh as she began to clean up her room and smooth out her bed sheets. It was all she could do at the moment, going outside didn't sound like a good idea since she'd risk bumping into them again and she really didn't want or need that right now. What she needed was some alone time to think even though she clearly didn't want to think either. Hopefully tomorrow would be a much better day than today was.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-20-2016, 08:49 PM

Leila had come up with a plan on the way back to her room, she had to fix this problem with her brother before they graduated, otherwise he'd grow old and alone in a stuffy old library. How could she travel the globe knowing he was lonely? She couldn't, that was the problem, one she hoped to fix rather quickly... She mewed in frustration when she saw that the hall window was closed, it was rarely ever closed and she couldn't exactly get back into her room unless she used the ledge to get in through her own open window. She could hear voices from the room next door to hers, which must mean that Tai and Melinda were out of class. All it took was a few loud meows and some scratching to get their attention and let into their room. "Lock out again, Leila?" Tai, a girl with pale green skin and leaves for hair, was one of her best friends, and also was the one most accustomed to her walking around as a cat. All she got was a mew in reply as Leila waited near the window, which was promptly opened for her.

The narrow ledge was easy to navigate and her window stood opened enough for her to climb through. Once back in her room she transformed back into her human form, her stomach growling at her. She hadn't eaten enough lunch, so shifting took a lot out of her. Yet she couldn't nap, not yet. She threw on a fluffy, pink robe and sat down at the desk, trying to figure out what exactly to write. She had never had to work so hard to make a new friend, but if she wanted to make sure Luke didn't scare her off, then she needed to be friends with her. Leila groaned and stood up, pacing around her room. Most girls didn't have a room to herself, but after scaring off several roommates, the headmaster gave in and left her alone. After three years the walls were entirely papered with cut out pictures of destinations around the world. Stuff seemed to littered every square inch of the place, things she had collect, bought, or otherwise acquired. How she would move all this stuff out at the end of the year, she did not know.

Before she sat back down to write she polished off two protein bars and a bottle of water, though even full she didn't know how to go about this. Myriam was shy, she was different... she was perfect for Luke, since he basically needed someone the opposite of him. Yet while she knew how to handle Luke, this girl was different. Leaving them alone so soon had been a bad idea, her brother was terrible at conversations and probably weirded her out. It wouldn't be a surprise. What did she knew about her? She liked water, it seemed. Or needed it, either way. She ate outside, so she must prefer to be out there... She was quiet. "Aha!" Leila realized exactly how she would fix it, or at least it would be a start.

Meet me by the back stairwell at midnight! Don't worry, we wont get caught.

The note was written in her usual bubbly style, her name signed with a small heart above the 'i'. Hopefully she would come, most people would not risk being out after curfew but if she came, Leila was sure this would make them friends, then she could continue on with her plan. Fluffy robe and bare feet she hurried down the hall, remembering where Myriam's room was. After slipping the note under the door she all but ran back to her room, not wanting Myriam to find her and try to ruin the surprise, or turn her down. With plan set into motion, it seemed like a good time to take a nap...

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 09:31 PM

Myriam was startled by a note that was slipped under her door. Picking it up, she noticed who it was from and sighed. Leila really was persistent and even though she didn't want to meet her out there, she didn't want to be rude either so she was going to have to be a good little gorgon and follow along. Myriam crumpled up the note and ate it as if it were candy then continued on with her day, cleaning her room and making sure everything was in its proper spot. When midnight came, she quietly opened up her door and quickly made her way towards the back stairwell where she was sure that Leila would be excitedly waiting. What was she up to now?

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 05-20-2016 at 10:43 PM..

Precarious Fool

Old 05-20-2016, 11:01 PM

Leila had only managed a small nap, too excited by her plan to win over Myriam. For this outing she was, surprisingly, dressed in tight black leggings and a lacy black top, rather than one of her usual dresses. She sat on the edge of her bed and pulled on the leather ankle boots, feeling strange in such... tight fighting and slightly restricting clothing. It had taken her nearly an hour to fully braid her long, black hair, the thick strand now running down her back, free from the usual adornments of ribbons and flowers. One last time she checked the front pocket of the shirt, content when she felt the key tucked in there. Years ago she had taken the key for the back door, having turned into a mouse and stolen it right from the janitor. It was when she had discovered her secret location... The one she was now going to show to Myriam.

The hall was empty when she left her room, not surprising considering the hour. She made her way through the halls and down the steps to the door in the back stairwell. She had gotten there early, but she wanted to make sure she was here when Myriam showed up, she couldn't risk her thinking she had stood her up. "You're here!" She said in an excited whisper when Myriam came around the corner. "Come, come. I have something I want to show you..." She spoke in a hushed tone, something rather difficult for her.

Pulling the key from her pocket, she unlocked the door, pushing it open carefully to avoid the creaking hinges. The cool air felt good and she stepped into it, hoping Myriam would follow. She knew she was asking a lot, having her come out so late and leave the building at that, but she knew it would be worth it. They couldn't waste time, so she hurried across the and towards the forest edge.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 11:14 PM

Sure enough, there was Leila waiting for her. Myriam sighed but only nodded and followed her hesitantly. "What are you doing? What do you want and why must it be at this hour?" Myriam whispered back seriously. She wasn't too happy to be out after curfew. If they were caught they'd be in so much trouble it wasn't funny. Myriam looked behind her then quickly followed after Leila and looked at the forest that she was being led to. Now why was Leila taking her there? What did she need to show her that was so important? Couldn't this wait until tomorrow? It didn't matter anymore, she couldn't exactly turn back and leave. That would be rude. "What is it you want to show me?" she asked quietly as they got closer to the forest's edge. Was she going to show her the tree made of stone? Myriam already knew about it since she caused it to turn to stone after all.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-20-2016, 11:35 PM

"You'll see!" She said, then made a sound to shush her. All around them the sounds of the forest seemed to grow louder as she led Myriam further in, the bugs buzzing nearby, an owl startled by their approach taking off. It was one of Leila's favourite times to be in the forest, she enjoyed the dark, the near quietness, the life all around her. It worked that few people came into this part of the forest, not at the very back of the girls dorms, where it slowly turned into swamp. They were truly missing out, but Leila wasn't about to tell any of them, she had only shown three other people this, Luke, Tai, and a boy who's name she never intended to think of, or mention, again.

She knew they were getting closer when she could hear the loud, slow croak of the toads that called her special place home. "We're almost there..." She assured her, still moving forward at a steady pace. Eventually they broke into a small clearing shaped like a near perfect circle, a small pond sat in the middle of it, fed by a rocky stream off to the far side. The branches of the trees seemed to bend in to provide a roof over the clearing, long strings hung from them, on the ends dangled white, glowing orbs. Each globe had strange markings painted on them in various shades of green. The real magic was that all around little glowing orbs fluttered about, lighting up the whole place, giving it a pale white glow. Even the globes twinkled as the orbs entered and exited them. The glowing orbs dived into the water, not making a single noise, the light zipping around beneath the surface before coming out once more.

"You must be quiet here, they don't like too much noise..." Leila whispered, holding out her hand as the small, glowing orbs approached her. She held her hand up to Myriam as one landed on it, it had no real form, a small, brightly glowing, pulsing light. "I call them faeries, though Luke says they're just Will-o'-the-wisp." They seemed to dance around her, obviously comfortable with her presence.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 11:53 PM

Myriam frowned as she followed Leila deeper into the forest. When they finally reached a clearing, Myriam let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. The area looked nice she supposed but why was she even here? She could be sleeping right now. Of course Leila would be here instead of sleeping like she was supposed to be. Myriam looked at the orbs of light and moved away whenever they got too close, she didn't like them. "No thank-you." she whispered and quickly shook her head. "Leila what exactly am I doing here? Was there something important you wanted to talk to me about?" she asked. "Judging from that delicious note you left me, I assumed it was something important." Myriam admitted. She probably sounded like a prick right now, but she was tired and now confused as well.

Myriam debated walking off in search of the stone tree, but decided it wasn't a good idea. It was her tree and she didn't need others seeing it. It would cause people to start talking again and she didn't want to deal with all that again. Her yellow eyes scanned her surroundings and then landed on Leila who looked completely at ease.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 12:10 AM

Leila felt a bit hurt, Myriam didn't like her secret place, her glowing friends... "I'm... I'm sorry, I thought, since you liked to be outside, and the water, that you'd... well, I thought I'd share this with you." This was a new feeling for her, a sense of disappointment and failure welled up inside of her, something she hadn't felt before. It had never been hard for her to make a friend, and yet here she was struggling. Was this how Luke felt all the time? "You... you should go then." She managed, her lip quivering as she held back her emotions.

She struggled to process this feeling and failed, instead she panicked. In an instant it seemed like she disappeared, yet at her feet the clothing she wore now pooled around a small, cat, nearly black in the dim light. The glowing orbs seemed to buzz, zipping about wildly, unnerved by the tension. Leila, now in cat form, bolted into the woods, heading back the way they had come from. She couldn't stay around, not when she had messed up so badly, not when things had gone so wrong. Worse, now Myriam knew about her secret place, what if she told others? The faeries didn't like strangers, they might leave and never come back.

Tonight had been a mistake, a huge mistake, and Luke would probably laugh at her, payback for her little plot earlier. She debated going to him, but his roommate would get mad again, he didn't like being woken up in the middle of the night. Usually when she felt sad, or mad, or anything but her normally happy self, she went to her secret place, but Myriam was there...

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-21-2016, 12:34 AM

"Well it's very nice Leila really. I've never seen this place before, didn't think it existed...but I really thought you wanted to tell me something. In all honesty, I thought you wanted to-" Myriam fell silent. Leila was gone, instead there was the cutest cat in her place. "Oh my! Well aren't you cute?" she cooed and blinked when she saw it run off the way they had come. Great, today couldn't go any worse. Letting out a soft sigh, Myriam carefully picked up the clothes and neatly folded them up then carried them in her arms as she slowly made her way back towards the school. Hopefully Leila would be okay, and hopefully no one got into any sort of trouble.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 12:41 AM

Leila waited in the shadows, waiting for Myriam to go back inside so she could be alone in her place. Had she overreacted? Surely not, Myriam seemed angry that she had brought her here, and she didn't like her faeries. She thought everyone would like them, they were so pretty and special. When she thought it was safe she returned back to her clearing, surprised to find her clothes missing. Myriam had taken them? She mewed softly, wondering how she'd get back into the school, as the key was still safely tucked away in her shirt pocket. Well, she had probably left her window open, she could transform into a bird and go in through there if she felt like it... yet right now she didn't. Despite knowing it was bad to do so, she curled up on a plush bed of leaves, the orbs landing beside her, circling her. Perhaps after a bit of a rest she would feel better and over this whole incident.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-21-2016, 12:49 AM

"Where is her room?" Myriam asked herself as she wandered the silent grounds of the school. If she saw Luke she could just hand him the clothes, but he was probably already sleeping and she didn't think wandering the dorm halls would be a smart idea. If she was caught she'd be in huge trouble. So she quietly made her way back to her room and locked the door behind her. Myriam set the clothes down on top of her dresser and got dressed for bed, then crawled under the covers and hugged a pillow to her chest. She still didn't have a roommate, she requested not to have one but she wasn't sure if they'd listen to her. At least she didn't have classes tomorrow, maybe she could run off to the lake she liked to sit by at lunch and just go for a swim.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 01:15 AM

Sunlight filtered through the canopy above, Leila groaned and tried to cover her eyes. She managed to smack herself in the face, which caused her to sit upright. She was human? And naked. In the middle of the forest. The orbs were gone, hidden away in the globes she had made for them years ago. Apparently she had not been able to sustain her form as a cat while she slept. Hopefully no one else came along to see her in this... state.

Her stomach growled, she needed food, it had been too long without it, but she couldn't get back to her room like this... With a great amount of effort she managed to turn herself into a small, grey bird and took off towards the school, flying high above the trees. It took all of her remaining strength to keep her form, she barely made it through the window before she lost shape and became human once more, tumbling to the floor. Crawling to her desk she grabbed a protein bar, eating it so quickly she didn't even taste it. Another one soon followed, then a third, before she could even stand up. Physically she felt weak, yet glancing at the clock she was going to be late for her first class of the day, math.

She put on a plain, grey dress, the top tight and then billowing out at her hips. It cut off at mid-thigh, too short for the dress code, but she always seemed to get away with it. Today she wasn't feeling quite like herself, she didn't adorn herself with bright and colourful accessories, didn't skip down the hall as she left her room. Walking through the halls, picking leaves from her hair as she went.

Luke had spent a rather quiet and boring evening in the library and then went to bed early, unaware of his sisters plots gone bad. With morning he dressed for the day and made his way to his class, sort of glad to know that Myriam wasn't in them.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-21-2016, 02:54 AM

Tuesday afternoon was when Myriam had managed to wake up. She looked a mess, but it wouldn't be too hard to make herself presentable. She took a quick a shower and then got ready to leave to the lake but looked over at the folded clothes that belonged to Leila. Pouting, Myriam picked up the clothes and held them in her arms as she stepped out of the room. Normally she would just turn them in to the lost and found office but she believed that Leila would come to her for the clothes. So Myriam walked over to her favorite lake and set the clothes down next to the lake before stepping into the lake herself and submersing herself beneath the water. It was really warm and nice, it was no surprise that this was her favorite place to be in the school.

Reaching the surface again, she looked around but so far Leila hadn't showed up and neither did Luke. Myriam didn't expect to see Luke again after yesterday's lunch incident. However, she expected to see Leila run towards her with a huge grin plastered on her face but was surprised to see that Leila hadn't showed up at all yet. "Maybe she's in class?" she asked herself. If that was the case, then she'd just have to wait for her to show up when she was done.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 09:55 AM

The day for Leila passed in a fog of sorts, her energy too low from having been in her cat form so long and then forcing herself to transform even afterwards. Yet she was on time for every class, went through all the motions, yet she hardly spoke two words to anyone, which was strange for her. She had met Luke for lunch, like they nearly always did, yet he was the one who had to carry the conversation, a very concerning thing. After lunch she was off to her last class for the day with having said less than 10 words during lunch.

Luke watched her go, concerned about his sister. She had only been like this once before, when he had ended things with her. While some people would think it was a good thing that Leila was calm, Luke knew it had to be because something was wrong, something bad that she couldn't bounce back like always. She hadn't said anything at lunch, hadn't even asked him how it had went with Myriam. Perhaps she knew and that was the source of her mood? No, she wouldn't let his failure get down so easily. Had she found out somehow and tried to fix it? That sounded like her. If that was the case, then perhaps he needed to speak to Myriam.

Luke felt angry as he stalked from the cafeteria, it was difficult to upset his sister, so if Myriam had managed that, well... he didn't really know what he would do, but it wasn't right. Leila was almost always happy, bubbly, annoying and that was how he liked her, imagine what a pair they'd be if they were both like him. A sigh escaped him, not even sure how he would confront the girl, but if she might know what is wrong, then it was worth a shot.

"Myriam?"Luke called out, he was standing beside a pile of clothes, neatly folded in the grass. We're they Myriam's? No, he didn't think they would be, he doubted she would be wearing that. But this was the lake they had sat by, the only place he'd know to find her, at least until class tomorrow. Could it wait until tomorrow? No, he had to know what was wrong with Leila now.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-21-2016, 04:36 PM

Myriam dove back down under the water and would pick up anything she found interesting. At one point she found a tooth though and thought it was gross but cool. She really was an odd one wasn't she? Well everyone who attended here was odd in their own way. It's what made them special, that's what they were told when they first arrived here anyway. She didn't find any more teeth thankfully, but she did find a sand dollar. "Woah, neat-o!" she said to herself, picking it up and examining it closely. It was chipped, who know how long it was down here and who had dropped it. Perhaps it had belonged to another student from years ago and they accidentally dropped it in here?

Myriam she heard her name being called and looked up at the surface. "Coming!" she called out from under the water but wasn't sure if the person could even hear her. Making her way to the surface, she took a breath when she broke the surface and noticed it was Luke. "Oh...h-hello." she said quietly and set down what she had found on the grass in front of her. "Oh Luke, since you're here I should hand over Leila's clothes to you." she said as she climbed out of the lake and picked up the pile of neatly folded clothes then held it out to him. "She left this behind. I was going to look for her but I didn't want to get into any trouble you see. I..I was waiting to see if she would come reclaim her clothes herself but I guess she forgot." Myriam explained.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 11:57 PM

Luke had watched in fascination as she climbed from the water, intrigued by her still, despite everything that happened. He stood dumbfounded, even as she held out the clothes, watching the tentacles of her hair, the water still dripping from them. "Oh, uh..." Luke mumbled, taking the clothes, his hand recoiling quickly when it accidentally brushed against hers. So she had been with Leila? Perhaps yesterday, but why did she have Leila's clothes? Leila rarely transformed in front of people, and she would always come back for them.

"Leila... isn't herself. I was hoping you'd know what is wrong with her? She wont talk to me..." Luke sighed, frowning as he thought about the sad state she was in for lunch. He hated to see her like this, and he wasn't happy that Myriam might have caused this. Well, he doubted Myriam could have done it, Leila would have went on her own, but normally she didn't let things affect her. He looked down at the clothes. All black? He was pretty sure this was her normal outfit when she went to her secret place. Had she really taken Myriam there? And if she had, what could have gone wrong for her to be acting so?