IrenaAstarosa
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-08-2008, 01:41 PM

Personally, I read all kinds of books. My favourites are : 'Harry Potter' series (I DO realize that I am not very original here :P), 'Interview with the vampire', 'Cat's craddle' and 'Observatory Mansions'.

Lucine Caroun

Old 12-08-2008, 03:40 PM

My favorite books are The host, twiligh, eclipse, new moon and breaking dawn by Stefenie Meyer.

Well there are more tho....47+ books by Margit Sandemo and more....:roll:

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 12-09-2008, 05:44 AM

People should definitely read Keepers by Gary A. Braunbeck, it is a phenomenal book, though kind of creepy.
Other good books I've recently read are London Calling, Ecotopia, and Tokyo cancelled. They are definite must reads.
Anything by Poul Anderson and Pierce Anthony as well, their fantasy books are amazing!
Paul F. Wilson is an amazing writer as well. Especially if you love a good supernatural thriller and mystery and mayhem going on.

I'll have to add some more later when I have more time to think of people.

Naylean Davenport

Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 AM

The Harry Potter Series! Books five, six and seven are my favorite!

Amice
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Amice

Old 12-13-2008, 03:54 PM

Let's see, my very favorite would be the Merry Gentry series by Laurel K Hamilton

Tithe, Valiant and Ironside By Holly Black

The Thursday Next series, and the Nursery Crime books By Jasper Fforde

There are far too many for me to list. These are the ones I read once a year or so. :angel:

Imbolg Divine

Old 12-13-2008, 03:59 PM

My all time faves, I have many more but I cut it down to these three X3:

Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan
The Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville
The Hollow Kingdom trilogy by Clare Dunkle

kai~sensei
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Being a book worm, its very difficult to choose a favorite.

So I'm just going to pick book series favorite.

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA is one of my favorites. Its my all time favorite.. I've read it ever since I was a ten years old. And I just reread the whole series this year and I still enjoyed it so much. ^__^

LovelygrlBab

Old 12-17-2008, 11:55 PM

My favorite book Is "It's Kind of a Funny Story" I can't for the life of me remeber who it's by.

babiicutie24

Old 12-20-2008, 05:56 PM

My favorite books are the Twilight Series!!! They are awesome!!!

Zero Affinity
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-20-2008, 11:40 PM

Ah... literature. Picking a favorite book is one of the most difficult tasks in existence, intellectually speaking. But I can narrow it down to two authors; Frank E. Peretti and C.S. Lewis. The former is one of the greatest Christian novelists I've ever read, and his books are so amazing they even entertain your soul. The latter most people have probably heard about, and his Chronicles of Narnia have inspired me since a young age.

Fun Fact: C.S. Lewis was good friends with J.R. R. Tolkien, until a difference in religious beliefs drove them apart. However, Later on in life, shortly before J.R. died, their relationship was repaired.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:21 PM

Phew...I have alot of favorites. Some favorite authors are: J.K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Darren Shan, James Patterson, Dean Koontz, D.J. MacHale probably more but I can't think of them right now. Favorite books: Harry Potter series, Twilight series, Pendragon series, Cirque du Freak series, Halfway to the Grave, Demon's Kiss, The Demonata, hmm...any kind of vampire book, I love lol

garnet_dagger
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2008, 02:21 AM

my favorite books are Saffy's Angel and the Secret Garden

Last edited by garnet_dagger; 12-26-2008 at 10:12 PM..

Candy Yuriko Hikari
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Candy Yuriko Hikari

Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 AM

My favorite book is Twilight by Stephanie Meyer..(i m not sure how it spell her name properly sometimes...)

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 12-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Quite frankly, ANYTHING by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Stephen King. Also works of a couple of Polish writers you've probably never heard of and it's doubtful that you ever will. XD
Oh, oh! And Brandon Sanderson's "Elantris." :D

Ehnvy
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 PM

Definitely the Twilight Series. I can't remember a book that has grasped my attention like it did. I'm reading it in english (my mother language is german) and while I realise alot of english natives dislike her writing style I love it, it's easy to follow, yet still full of action, romance and drama.

Music Addict
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2008, 02:27 AM

@JuicieBubblie.<3: You're a fan of Sharon Creech? So am I! I abouslety love Walk Two Moons. Sharon Creech just kept thorwing suprises at me while I was reading it. At least that's what it felt like. I also love how she put in so much detail about every character. It was definitely a good read. I agree with you; I bet a lot of people will like that book (especially girls).

I'm also a fan of Debrah Ellis. Her book, Looking for X is amazing! It was kind of depressing, but that made it all the more...better! Anyone who likes books about people with hard lives (you know, don't have money, homeless, on welfare, etc.) should check it out!

I'm currently reading a book called Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson. It's really good so far (I'm almost done). There's a lot of adventure going on in that book, and when I finish it, I'll try and post again, to let you people know how I like it.
=3

The Pixie
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to The Pixie

Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katurine View Post
Quite frankly, ANYTHING by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Stephen King. Also works of a couple of Polish writers you've probably never heard of and it's doubtful that you ever will. XD
Oh, oh! And Brandon Sanderson's "Elantris." :D

...You are the best person ever. : D

I ADORE Stephen King and Neil Gaiman, and my Father just recently got me started on the works of Terry Pratchett. <3

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 PM

My favourite books are the vampire and mayfair chronicles by Anne Rice. ^^

MimiYoshi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to MimiYoshi Send a message via Yahoo to MimiYoshi

Old 12-29-2008, 08:25 PM

o.o;; I don't quite have a favorite book, but I do like reading Harry Potter and other series of books like those. I do prefer novels though, like Dracula. I also liked the chronicles of narnia. X] I read the series of books to my cousin. And I must say I didn't quite like Twilight, since I sorta got agitated by the way they wrote it, but the one written based on the movie is one I do like strangely enough.

Last edited by MimiYoshi; 12-29-2008 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Wanted to type more yet didn't want to double post ^-^;;

Sindyr

Old 12-30-2008, 07:36 AM

I adore the Abhorsen Trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen) by Garth Nix. I finally read it all this past summer and it just captivated me so much. I'm so impressed by his ability to create such an in-depth and fantastical world while still making it seem real. It's way better than Harry Potter in my opinion. I like Harry Potter but it's no where near my favorites list. Some others I like are Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, and Oryx and Crake and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Basically anything post-apocalyptic and epic. :D

The Pixie
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to The Pixie

Old 01-01-2009, 12:14 PM

@Sindyr: I just recently finished reading The Handmaid's Tale and I thought it was utterly fantastic, not to mention beautifully written. Have you read any other books by Atwood? I'm having a hard time finding any of her work in my local bookstore.

they_call_me_kitten
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to they_call_me_kitten Send a message via MSN to they_call_me_kitten

Old 01-01-2009, 06:17 PM

I have a few favourites.

First off, A Clockwork Orange is an amazing piece of literature. I love it so much.

Also, The Picture of Dorian Gray is soooo good. I don't think I've read anything as beautifully written, except for The Book of Salt, which is also a good pick.

Tanamoril
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-02-2009, 04:23 AM

@Katurine and @ Sindyr
I agree with all of those! Except Stephen King, but that's only because I haven't got around to reading his stuff beyond The Eyes of the Dragon.

I have to say though that my very favourite writer is Diana Wynne Jones. She just defies description, and she is definitely a source of great inspiration for me. She is endlessly inventive and hilarious. I would unquestionably reccomend ANY of her works without a second thought. (she is also a friend of Gaiman's :D)

laustic
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-02-2009, 04:44 AM

I have so many favorites, but here's a few:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Belinda by Ann Rice
Valentine by George Sand
Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite
Lais by Marie de France
The Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice

And of course, I adore everything that Shakespeare wrote.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-03-2009, 03:18 AM

Wow, I have so many favorites. Hmm...I would say the Kiesha'ra series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes or the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. :]