VI. Quotes
VII. Novel & Manga Recommendation List
VIII. Anime & Television Series Recommendation List
IX. Game & Fanfiction Recommendation List
X. Roleplayer Representatives
XI. Display Case of Artistic Souls
XII. Advertisements
XIII. About Me

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance; I hope you shall enjoy your stay here at HQ. Although perhaps you're just a little confused as to what the HQ is all about, well allow me to tell you.

HQ is a hang out for those who are artistically inclined or have an appreciation of art, be it a painting, a drawing, photography or the written word, etc. We at HQ dedicate ourselves to helping one another find other wonderful works of art and literature. There is even a section for finding good fanfiction and games if people are into that.

So please, take a seat in the lounge, the den or the soda bar. Feel free to talk about anything, although please remember the rules, which you will find below in the next post.

HQ's Soda Bar Menu

1. Rootbeer Float
2. Orange Float
3. Cream Soda Float
4. Pepsi
5. Sprite with Fruit Punch Mix
6. Coca-Cola
7. Faygo Rock n' Rye
8. Faygo Chocolate Soda
9. Dr. Pepper
10. Code Red Mountain Dew (does not come in diet)
11. Squirt (does not come in diet)
12. Sunkist
13. Birch Beer

Feel free to suggest other sodas and combination's. Also let me know if you'd like to be a waiter/ess or bartender.

Rules

1. Follow Mene's ToS, though that should be obvious, ne?

2. Be respectful of everyone else in this thread.

3. If you don't have anything nice to say about other people in this thread, please don't say anything at all about them.

4. If you're going to say anything here, I hope its at least two sentences long.

5. If you're going to recommend something to read or watch, it would nice to be given a critique that will help others determine whether or not its something that they would enjoy for themselves.

6. Your first post should be to introduce yourself a little, so that we know what artistic talent you might have or if you're an HQ and/or Roleplayer Representative, etc.

7. I, Rinchi am in charge and would love to see everyone welcome all those who enter through the threshold into HQ.

8. Please enjoy your stay at Rinchi's HQ.

HQ Representatives

Name: Trinket
Menewsha Alias: Rinchi
Height: 5'9 3/4"
Future Goal: Become a published Author
HQ Position: Leader

Name: Heiyuu Dumas
Menewsha Alias: Heiyuu
Height: 5'5.5"
Future Goal: To become a Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy
HQ Position: New Recruit

Events & Contests

Currently None

Quotes

Please feel free to suggest quotes, but make sure they are credited properly.

What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you. ~Richard Wilbur

Novel & Manga Recommendation List

BL Recommendations ~ This includes Shounen-Ai, Yaoi, etc

Rinchi suggests reading Koi Suru Bo-kun, although it may have some disturbing elements it's also humorous if one can get past that. Will Morinaga Tetsuhiro, a gay man whose been in love with his homophobic senpai Tatsumi Souichi for about five years ever win the man's heart? [i]This Manga is currently on it's seventh volume which is being published periodically in a magazine, volumes 1-6 are in takubons and hopefully June will release the English versions of the first volumes this autumn and not get pushed back yet again like they had while under license by DramaQueen. [i]IMPORTANT: Read Challengers first, it is the prequel from which Koi Suru Bo-kun (The Tyrant Falls in Love) became a spin-off and has good back story on the kouhai-senpai)

Shoujou Recommendations

Shounen Recommendations

Yuri Recommendations

Other Recommendations

Anime & Television Series Recommendation List

Criminal Investigations Shows

Sci-fi Shows

Shoujou Recommendations

Shounen Recommendations

Yuri Recommendations

Other Recommendations

Game & Fanfiction Recommendation List

Eternally Yours ~ A Koi Suru Bo-kun fanfic written by... Rinchi, currently four chapters long with a prologue. Found on fanfiction.net, but more likely to be found in whole in future as it is now on Rinchi's livejournal.

Crack Pairing Recommendations

Roleplay Game Recommendations

Shoujou Recommendations

Shounen Recommendations

Slash Recommendations

Yuri Recommendations

Other Recommendations

Roleplayer Representatives

Roleplays: Yaoi - Mostly uke, but sometimes Seme (similar to Nowaki), if in a multi-character roleplay will play one or more of each...

Roleplays: Not-always romantic, usually science fiction or fantasy. Or high school. Or master-slave, usually as a slave. I have hard limits--I do not cyber.

Display Case of Artistic Souls

Artistic Talent: Writing

[img]http://images.menewsha.com/avatars/38939.png?1281988194[/imh]
Artistic Talent: Minor Visual (no scanner D:), Writing

Advertisements

About Me

Hello, well I'm often called Trinket, but you can call me Wakahisa, Tsukiko, Enzers or Rinchi.

As of September 25, 2010 I shall be twenty-six years old.

I have roleplayed as of October for thirteen years and I do not recall having ever posted in script format or using ** for actions. I may have, on an AIM with someone who used that format, but I'm uncomfortable with it and always have been.

I love to write, I write fanfiction for Koi Suru Bo-kun and I'm currently working on an original yaoi. I wont be showing it, since I plan to get it published, though I may self-publish... I'll still need to at least have someone help me with editing once I've completed the first and second rough draft. It's titled The Misfit Prince and Rinchi is actually a character in it. I created the character months before joining here as Rinchi. Trinket is actually my online persona.

I own one black cat, named after Tosca of Merekat Manor.
I own one dog, she is a Maltese x Coton de Tulear mix, with mostly black fur with white.

Last edited by Rinchi; 08-17-2010 at 07:22 AM..

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi
Send a message via MSN to Rinchi

Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM

I love this quote!

Quote:
"A mighty pain to love it is,
And 'tis a pain that pain to miss;
But of all pains, the greatest pain
It is to love, but love in vain."
~ Abraham Cowley
Heartbreaking unrequited love....

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 05:46 AM

Here, I am starting to feel lonely.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-17-2010, 06:05 AM

Well, then. Perhaps I should join you, and we can feel a little lonely together. As I sit with my honey-roasted peanuts, semi-sweet chocolate morsels, and a glass of gatorade--are you hungry?

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiyuu View Post
Well, then. Perhaps I should join you, and we can feel a little lonely together. As I sit with my honey-roasted peanuts, semi-sweet chocolate morsels, and a glass of gatorade--are you hungry?
Hello, welcome to HQ.
I wasn't hungry, but now I am.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-17-2010, 06:27 AM

Hello, milady. SA Heiyuu Dumas, USN. Minor visual artist, out of practice and lacking a scanner; a bit of a writer, though again out of practice. And I do roleplay.

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 06:55 AM

Ah, the arts are great aren't they? I'm no visual artist, but writing and role-playing are great.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-17-2010, 06:58 AM

Most of my RP these days is on a World of Darkness chat. Chats encourage quicker, shorter posts, the story being driven by action and conflict rather than good writing.

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 07:00 AM

I do not recall having heard of the World of Darkness chat.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 AM

The World of Darkness is a series of tabletop games, like a modern urban horror version of DnD with vampires and werewolves instead of elves and dwarves.

Also, for your first post: age is 20, height is 5'5.5", goal is to become a Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy, and my roleplay is not-always romantic, usually science fiction or fantasy. Or high school. Or master-slave, usually as a slave. I have hard limits--I do not cyber.[COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by Heiyuu; 08-17-2010 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: Computer glitch made loger post.

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 AM

Ah, I've never played DnD, I don't even know anyone around here who does. Is it complicated to begin learning?

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-17-2010, 07:19 AM

DnD? I never really got into that. WoD, though, is fairly easy to get into. It's a more narritivist game, too.

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 AM

That sounds interesting. It's online though or is it a board game... or maybe both? I'm always looking for something new to at least try.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-17-2010, 07:23 AM

I play online, via chat. But it can be done pen-and-paper. Not quite a board game, it's usually done as storytelling and dice-rolling alone. Or LARP--Live Action Role Play, where you act your character's part in an actual room.

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-18-2010, 05:30 PM

I think a lot of people have played LARP in their childhood anyway... but don't realize there's a term for it. Even 'Playing House' could be considered a LARP.

I'd rather play online should I get into that, is there a system besides using the dice?

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM

There are rulebooks for it, like DnD. (Available where books are sold)

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 AM

Hmmn, I'll have to check out our local Barnes N' Noble... since Walden Bookstore in the Mall went byebye :(. Hopefully the store carries it, but sometimes, since we live in a small area I'm never sure that it carries what I'm looking for. Although there is a small store that carries stuff like DnD so I might check there too.

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 PM

I'm hungry right now... and oh boy, I have an interview on Sunday at Family Video... interviews scare me x.x

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-22-2010, 10:33 AM

And today at one pm EST I will be at the interview. Let's hope that all goes well, ne?

Zephi
Summer love

Old 08-22-2010, 11:55 AM

Hello slightly-new-ish thread. I see that you are needing some attention and some love, so I shall give it to you. Well, I like art, have always drawn and written stories, though I have never finished one of them. I like anime also, but not everything. I'm pretty picky when it comes to that I suppose. Like if too many people watch it or talk about it, then I will refuse to do the same just because I want to be different, at least my subconscious does. But then again, I can't finish any series because I don't like for things to end. What a conundrum, eh? Oh yeah, I'm in afghanistan right now, and for 6 more months, so my hours of attendance to menewsha are depending on what is going on here and what time it is here, which is greatly different from what time it is in the states. How confusing @_@ Anyways, nice to meetcha ^^

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Hello Zephi, it's nice of you to join us here at HQ and delightful to meet you.
I don't like for things to end either, but then I also don't like not knowing what the ending is...

Interview over, now waiting for a call back that will happen sometime next week as the manager? is going to be gone for a week. It will be great to get a call back, but then there's a third thing... a test... and I'm wondering what kind of test it could possibly be... and while interviews make me nervous... the test would make me even more so since I'm not sure what it could be...

Zephi
Summer love

Old 08-23-2010, 03:44 AM

As "the manager" hmm... sounds like it could be a mobstre movie or something. And a test to get a job? How odd. Well, I suppose that there is always a test but usually it's not staged like that. Maybe it's a morality test O_O

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-25-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephi View Post
As "the manager" hmm... sounds like it could be a mobstre movie or something. And a test to get a job? How odd. Well, I suppose that there is always a test but usually it's not staged like that. Maybe it's a morality test O_O
A mobster movie? It's just a person in charge of hiring I think hehe... but I guess it would make a nice title for a mobster movie or game?
Yes I know, I found it odd they'd have a test, but then my brother apparently had one for Wal-greens. If this doesn't work out I'm going to see about moving and working for my uncles company. Although from what I've heard from other family members... its not a good idea to be his family member and work for him... but a job is a job right?
Perhaps its only a morality test... or maybe a test of skills using the computer since they use a computer for all their information... wonder if its also for knowing about 'movies' hmmn. Well if I get a call back to take that I'll know, if not... I'm going to move to Michigan and work for my uncles company until I can get hired elsewhere...unless I like the job enough.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 08-25-2010, 04:58 AM

You'd move all the way up to the bitter cold frozen north just to get a job to work with your "uncle" who might or might not be in the mafia!? Well I suppose that there are worse reasons to move to a new location, such as the place that you moved to was closer to the source of the bottled water that you drink so you are hoping to get a better price because it doesn't have to ship as far... or wanting to run for city council in a particular city even though you have no money to run but you could still win like that guy did in SC I think. Or... because you want to be abducted by aliens and there is a huge population that claims to have either seen aliens or been abducted themselves. So, there are many bad reason to move to a new location :D *AHEM* None of these reasons are my own and any likeness that they may have to anyone elses' reasons for moving is just pure coincidence. Scouts honor. ;)

Rinchi
Writer and Fan of Yaoi

Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephi View Post
You'd move all the way up to the bitter cold frozen north just to get a job to work with your "uncle" who might or might not be in the mafia!? Well I suppose that there are worse reasons to move to a new location, such as the place that you moved to was closer to the source of the bottled water that you drink so you are hoping to get a better price because it doesn't have to ship as far... or wanting to run for city council in a particular city even though you have no money to run but you could still win like that guy did in SC I think. Or... because you want to be abducted by aliens and there is a huge population that claims to have either seen aliens or been abducted themselves. So, there are many bad reason to move to a new location :D *AHEM* None of these reasons are my own and any likeness that they may have to anyone elses' reasons for moving is just pure coincidence. Scouts honor. ;)
I don't know where you're getting this mafia bit from. My uncle is not part of the mafia. And a manager is someone who runs a store... not a mafia person.

And I live in New York state, so its not really going anywhere colder and I was born in Michigan xP. I have other family there and in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Even in summer some areas of Canada can be too hot. I found that out during one visit there during the Summer..... So technically neither are a new location, just I haven't lived in either of them in a really loooong time. I was seven and a half when we moved to New York from Michigan. So I already live in the place where winters are cold.