Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 06:27 AM

Hahahaha yeah, I had quite the fun making the Poo Fairy.

lol I had to re-enter one in an event quite a few times too because there would always be that one or two pixels that were not in the allowed colors. It drove me crazy the first few times and I would be really frustrated and wanted to give up. And then the stubborn part of me would eventually have me wind up back in my inventory again and I'd just keep poking my avatar until I finally got something together to enter, eventually.

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM

Faerie Trickery! Entry Form
Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: Let this poor knight be a warning to any who think they can pass through the Fae woods without paying proper homage to the residents! She was on her way back to her kingdom after a long adventure when she stopped at a bubbling pool. Kneeling down she cupped her hands and took a drink of the cool, refreshing water -- the most delicious water she had ever tasted. When she rose, a fae-like voice in her head seemed to urge her to leave an offering, but she didn't believe in such nonsense and so turned to go on her way. Her mistake was made clear with her first step. A tingling feeling filled her body and she was blinded by a sudden flash! When she was able to open her eyes once more, a little fairy floated before her, laughing and pointing at the knight's body. Looking down, the knight was horrified to find herself to be half horse! What favor will the fae ask to return her to normal? We shall see...

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM

@Antie- but you got better at it each time yes?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 PM

aww that poor knight. She's still cute though. :)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Well...I got used to being rejected and having to redo my entries. As for the entries themselves...most times I'm happy with them but sometimes they just don't look right.

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 AM

You guys are amazing. Such lovely avatars you all have created for this contest.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-02-2013, 02:54 AM

Glamorous Colors Entry Form
Username: Kent
Image of My Entry:

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-02-2013, 03:18 AM

Username: Ling
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: The trickster faeries got me! I once had long black hair which they shaved off in my sleep! But that's not all, they powdered my entire face with all my purple eye shadow and if that wasn't bad enough, they went crazy with the permanent markers on my face as well. I look like a crazed monster. Worst of all, my wrists are invisible. I have this cloak to cover one of them but as you can see, my pillow can be seen through my right wrist. What am I to do? D:

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-02-2013, 03:23 AM

lol That's pretty creative, Ling. XD

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-02-2013, 01:16 PM

Faerie Masquerade! Entry Form
Username:Velvet
Image of Avatar:

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 01:51 PM ----------

Image of My Entry:

Last edited by Velvet; 08-02-2013 at 01:51 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-02-2013, 02:52 PM

ugg.. the days just started.. and im already exhausted..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-02-2013, 04:27 PM

This is gonna be so tough to judge. You guys are doing really outstanding.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Username: Linnea
Image of My Entry:

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 08-02-2013, 06:15 PM

Username: Seridano
Image of My Entry:

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-02-2013, 06:41 PM

dear, our lovely avatar contest hosts!
i just had a question regarding wings. i notice that everyone is using back wings. do they have to be back wings or would head or ankle wings also meet the requirement?
thank you!
~linny!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 PM

Oh, question. Can we change one of our entries? Or is it that once we enter we cannot edit our submission?

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 07:18 PM ----------

Image of My Entry:

Note: I would like to use this entry instead of the one I posted above, thanks. >__<

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 PM

Faerie Masquerade! Entry Form
Username: Linnea
Image of Avatar:

this first one is my favorite but if the head wings don't meet the requirement then my entry is this one:

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 PM

I completely suck at making avatars (As you can tell by my sad attempt for the event...) but I wanted to come and wish everyone good luck! There are some really fabulous ones o.o

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-02-2013, 09:09 PM

@Linnea- interesting concept. The use of headwings instead of back wings.....I did think about what I would do if that situation came up....but I never came to a definitive decision. I must think on this.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-02-2013, 09:15 PM

on the front it just says 'wings' and i wanted to be different lol sorry for making you have to think so hard

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-02-2013, 09:20 PM

I expected it from somebody lols. I think I will probably take it because I didn't specify.

I'm headed to the store at the moment. I will make my final decision up getting back.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM

okie dokie! i included both, so whatever you decide is fine with me
have a good time at the store

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 08-02-2013, 10:45 PM

Username: LaVida
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: During a cool period in the intense heat of August, a select few humans were invited to a private and luxurious fairy ball. As one of the fae, she may look all cute and fluffy, but look closer and you'll see the truth of the ball! Little did the humans know........ THEY were the food and entertainment...Surprisingly, not a drop of blood got on her with all the festivity!

EDIT: I know I should stop doing the cutesy and cruel theme, but I just gotta for the fae theme this time! XD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-02-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I'm beginning to see why the mods have the monkey cage for the avatar contest. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of punishing anyone by baring them from the next events fun for not following the rules then complaining about being asked to follow them.

I love you guys. I just don't understand the whole mindset of giving up(I'm stubborn as hell you should know this by now) If you misread something or make a mistake. Big deal! All you gotta say is "Oops My bad" and fix it. Even if it takes a few tries to get there. :) Of course it's up to you guys if you want to continue or not. We still have until the 4th to get it right AND cuz I'm cool like that if you have an avatar that didn't make it in the first week and want to fix it...As long as you tell be before the event ends I'll give you a 3 day extension past the event on it. :)

FUN FACT: A few events back I had to redo mine 3 (possibly 4) times before my brain decided it wanted to work and understand what was being asked of me. I was so happy when I finally got it done. :D
It's not that I'm "giving up", and I definitely wasn't complaining about your rules. I simply said I didn't realize they were the ONLY colors allowed, I thought those were just the MAIN colors. I didn't realize everything else was banned.

And I did say my bad, that I misread it. And I also chose not to redo it. I literally do NOT have the time to redo another avatar. My grandmother is currently in the hospital, has been for 3 weeks going on 4, and I've just spent the last 2 weeks in another state trying to take care of her as they overdosed her and nearly killed her in the hospital etc., and I'm a full time college student on top of it.

I did this for fun because I figured it was one way I could participate in an event that started when I wouldn't be around much. I obviously misunderstood that those were the ONLY colors that could be used, and since it was wrong by having the 2 gold items and the 2 brown items in the avatar, I simply said ignore the entry because I don't have time to fix it. I really don't think it warranted that sort of a lecture simply because I said to forget the entry because I didn't have time for it. I was contemplating trying to redo it later on once homework was finished, but after seeing this I really just don't even want to now because it's just not fun.

And I realize your post may not have been JUST directed at me, but it was written right after I made that comment so it's pretty directed at me based on the comments you wrote.

Anyways. Good luck to everyone who enters. Have fun during the rest event!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-03-2013, 01:57 AM

@ Cora: I agree this is going to be tricky. Glad I'm not doing it alone.

@ Linnea: I'll leave that up to Cora since that's her section of the contest. :)

@ Ashtyn Leigh: Your looking fabulous right now. Don't sell yourself short. :)

@ Velvet: Yes I'll let people update if they like in my sections. Nice revision she's creepy cute and elegant all at once some how.

@ Emma Corrin: I'm sorry about your grandmother being in the hospital. I know what your going threw, I've been there myself. I personally don't trust hospitals for that reason, they mess up on medication far to often. They kill old people and max out their insurance and rob their families of savings.

What my grand father went threw was horrible. They told us his tumor was inoperable ..."for someone of his age" Which is doctor talk to poor people for "We have this new "miracle" drug we want to test at your expense" After the medication he wasn't himself, he had some recollection, but it was from his youth.

He thought I was my grandmother when I went to visit him with my mom, also my uncle was his army buddy. (this is oddly when we found out my uncle was adopted because his buddy was killed and mother couldn't handle it threw his old friends) Hard hard stuff to go threw for the whole family. When he passed last year everyone was so happy for him because he could be with grandma again. He never re-married after my gran had passed and always talked about her crazy dancing. When my uncles teased him about dating he'd tell them his good time gal is waiting in the stars.

Gosh I miss him. He was the perfect patriarch.

I'm not one for being passive aggressive, especially on forums where there is no risk of getting slapped in the face. Well, unless your abusive then mods ban hammer you. XD If I had this problem with only you I would have asked you about it or directly play trolled you in pms if I knew you better. What I wrote was meant as encouragement for the three of you not a lecture. :( I'm sorry if I came off that way. I know I can be abrasive. I'm sure anyone who's been around me long enough knows I'm very passionate and argumentative, the more passion I have for some thing the longer more articulate my posts become. Though sometime I get carried away and my points go every where and back for no real reason. XD I'm stubborn and full of the suck and I'm sorry. These are things I'm trying to work on in this life. (looks to me by your post we aren't that dis similar)

le shorter version:
I'm sorry that I took the fun out for you. This was never intended and deeply regretted. I only want you/others to have fun and do your best. If you happen to find time enough to read all of this I do hope you reconsider if you manage to find time.

I'm still offering a 3 day extension past the event to anyone that feels they need it for completing their avatars.
Also UPDATED TO THIS POINT