Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-02-2007, 05:03 AM

I have to say I'm pretty much of a new fan. I really like their new album The Black Parade. I never really paid attention to them during their debut & their previous albums.

But I saw them perform live at a festival last week, & I was really impressed. They're awesome live, & I wish I went to their solo show this Monday. ;____; {Went to the Killers instead because I'm a long time fan of them!}

My favourite songs on the album are... Famous Last Words, Welcome to the Black Parade, Teenagers & CANCER.

I don't think I would bother to dress up all... what's the word, "EMO"? I don't know if that's the word... maybe GOTH?

Anyhow, I've always liked this type of music, I just would never dress up that way.

Some of the songs on their new album remind me of Queen, & others remind me of Bon Jovi. They have excellent guitar riffs, melodies... the only thing is the lyrics are very VERY specific about DEATH, but then again it IS a conceptual/theatrical album --- that's how it's meant to be.

So if anyone is wanting to give something a new listen, this album is amazing.

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to dragonpaladin Send a message via MSN to dragonpaladin Send a message via Yahoo to dragonpaladin

Old 02-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Theyre okay, but their music is too screamy for me

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-03-2007, 12:26 AM

You reckon they're too screamy? I don't think they scream much at all! Then again I've only heard the current album, not sure about their older songs.

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to dragonpaladin Send a message via MSN to dragonpaladin Send a message via Yahoo to dragonpaladin

Old 02-03-2007, 12:27 AM

i dunno, most of the songs i heard are screamy

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-03-2007, 12:40 AM

Do you think it's too heavy?

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-03-2007, 12:48 AM

yeah that also

Meliya
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-03-2007, 06:06 PM

The older CD's are more 'screamy' than the Black Parade. I like the older CD, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge I think it is, and also the Black Parade. A lot of people will make fun of you for being a fan, but I like their music.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Make fun!? But they have a HUGE fanbase!!

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 02-03-2007, 11:10 PM

They're Emo. Do not degrade the work of Bauhaus, The Cure, Siouxsie Sioux, Nick Kave, and others by putting them in the goth section.
Though, with putting them as emo is putting them on the same level as The Smiths.

If you can't tell, I'm not that big on them. Though i like them a bit more than All American Fallout at the Disco! crap. But even then, they sound like well those bands.

And I'd rather have Queen.

Me, I'm just a Goth former Mansonite Baby Bat who hates the wannabe goth/emo trends.

Meliya
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-03-2007, 11:14 PM

I really could care less about genres and classifying music. :lol: No one agrees, and people take it so personally.

And yes, everyone who isn't in the MCR fanbase pretty much hates them. XD I see it constantly on Gaia.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 02-03-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliya
I really could care less about genres and classifying music. :lol: No one agrees, and people take it so personally.

And yes, everyone who isn't in the MCR fanbase pretty much hates them. XD I see it constantly on Gaia.
I think it's true in general. This coming from a prespective where I know people who are not on Gaia.

A few of my friends love MCR, and the rest loathe them.

And a few are meh about them.

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-03-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
Make fun!? But they have a HUGE fanbase!!
yeah you know, those freaks that beat up people fro being emo...

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-04-2007, 12:01 AM

Those people exist!?

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-04-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Those people exist!?
yes :? theyde probably beat me up, i have an emo hairstyle, but im not emo x.x i just like the hair

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 AM

Hm, I always though it was the Goth Kids just making fun of the Emo's.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-04-2007, 01:28 PM

I always thought goth & emo were the same thing!! :lol:

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-05-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I always thought goth & emo were the same thing!! :lol:
No, not really.
Goth sprung from Punk. It was the punk kids who were tired of the way the punk scene was going. The major founders of Goth were major players of the punk scene. Such as Joy Division started bcause of The Sex Pistols. Also, Sid Viceousstarted as the drummer for Siouxsie and the Banshees. The Cure and Bahaus started as more of a mod group.

I'm really not to keen on th history of Emo. I know some of the major players who are given credit at being some of the early "emo" groups are also considered goth. Such as The Cure and The Smiths. Less the Smiths. the Smiths actually in the 80's were considered Mod though.

I use to have a good webside saved that had a huge history of the world of punk which started the areas or new Wave, No Wave, Goth, Horror Rock/Punk, and even later to grunge.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-05-2007, 07:30 AM

If you can find it, I'd love to check it out! :)

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Alrighty then. I think it actually might be on my aol favorite links and since I no longer have AOL, I might of lost it. I need to go look though. Was a very through and in depth site. It focused on punk though, and then went a bit into the genres that split off of punk. Mostly focused on punk and sub-divisons of punk.

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-07-2007, 05:44 AM

I love my chemical romance. I've liked them since their first hit in NZ 'I'm not okay (I promise)' And then 'Helena', 'the balck parade, 'famous last words' are all great songs. I was so sad when they had a break up period :lol:

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 02-07-2007, 08:08 PM

I don't have their new album yet, it is on my to do list and I don't have their oldest yet either. I do however have the one sitting in between lol. I've been a fan of them since I seen the music video for Helena and bought their CD the moment I had the money to do so.

They're great but I've never had the chance to see them live even though they had a concert in my City a month after I became a fan. I didn't have the money to get a ticket and it was on my brother's birthday as well. :dead:

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-07-2007, 10:01 PM

I saw them at the Big Day Out Festival... but I regret not going to their solo show. But when the tickets were on sale for the solo show, I was not a fan. & I went to the Big Day Out Festival to see other bands I love. XD

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-19-2007, 06:04 PM

I like chemical romance but not to a point of obsession xD

They are a little screamy but i like his screams x333 and the lyrics are pretty sweet. I'm not emo though -.-....i don't even look emo...there are better bands than MCR but still...MCR is good enough for me x3

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-19-2007, 06:22 PM

• I like them... I don't really know about their earlier albums (I've heard them, but I'm not too into them) but the Black Parade is really good, IMO. We saw them in December, and we're gonna see them again next week. I have to say I'd rather it were Green Day we were seeing (my first shows) but MCR put on a good show.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-19-2007, 06:23 PM

I looked up some of their older songs & I'm not so crazy about them. I DID pre-order to purchase their limited edition packaging of The Black Parade that comes with a vinyl case + picture book of the art. :D