musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 09-18-2011, 06:56 PM

What's in a town? People, trees, cats, stores.

What makes a town? Organization.

That's the one thing Almost doesn't have. Organization. They have everything else, so to speak. A small community, love, hate, regrets, break ups, relationships. But they've never been organized. So they're not exactly a town. But sometimes they could almost be.

Every year the Northern lights make the night sky glow and blossom. And that's when Almost is almost a town. Under those shining lights, with Cupid flying around, Almost could almost be perfect.

The people are mostly nice. The lights are bedazzling. The clouds are gone from the sky but sometimes they return to our hearts. Almost reveals the thunderclap of love and the scorched earth that sometimes follows.

Welcome to Almost, Maine.

{-x-}

Last edited by musikfreakx; 09-18-2011 at 07:50 PM..

musikfreakx

Old 09-18-2011, 07:05 PM

{Overview}

If you've seen, read, heard of, produced, or been in the straight play Almost, Maine, you already understand what this is about. This is a roleplay somewhat based off of a production called Almost, Maine, which was a flop on Broadway but one of the number one plays produced in high schools.

Almost is exactly what it sounds like. Almost. It's almost a town, almost a place, almost enough to be put on the maps. But it's not. But what makes almost everything that it is is the annual show its citizens get to witness. It's what brings visitors to it for once a year, even if the day after they forget everything they've seen.

The Northern Lights.

The Northern Lights are perfect. Not almost. Perfect. And they make Almost almost as perfect. But sometimes when the Northern Lights push away the clouds and lightning, we are left to deal with the storm. Sometimes it's our fault, sometimes it was almost perfect. Sometimes it takes the form of a girl who carries around a bag with her broken heart in it, sometimes it's a man in a bar left by the one woman he thought he loved. Sometimes it's two best friends, polar opposites, who just got lucky. And sometimes it's almost everything we imagined.

---

Almost, Maine, follows different pairings of couples in the small Maine town. Some are in love, some have just broken up, some are on the verge of getting together. But that was their story. This is ours. It can be anything. It can be love or hate. Or it can just be almost.

[left]{-x-}[/left]

Last edited by musikfreakx; 09-18-2011 at 07:13 PM..

musikfreakx

Old 09-18-2011, 07:15 PM

{Rules}

1. If there are ANY questions, please ask me. Like I said, Almost, Maine is a play by an American actor/sreenwriter. It follows multiple couples in a small town heavily influenced by the Northern Lights. However you are free to make your pairings/couplings/stories however you wish. People will be paired together randomly by myself. If there are two of you that have an idea or wish to be together, tell me and I can work my magic. Otherwise you and another person will be paired together and are free to either improv and wing what happens, or you may PM and plan. The couples/pairings MAY come in contact with one another, and pairings MAY change if you so wish.
2. There is no god in this roleplay. The Northern Lights and myself are the closest things. But even we can be wrong.
3. Keep any drama OUT. It is only allowed if in the RP, but is not allowed in OOC. Keep that to the PMs.
4. Be creative. You can do anything you wish with this. Except for killing.
5. This is a ROMANCE rp. But keep it PG16.
6. I'm not a dictator but please don't try to run this.
7. LIT TO ADVANCED LITERACY PLEASE. That means no one liners. Ever. "Quotations" for speaking, italics for thinking, third person for writing, ive to seven sentences per paragraph and AT LEAST one paragraph per post, bold or color also for speaking, and no txt spk.
8. PM profiles to me titled 'It was almost everything'.
9. Please keep the male/female ratio even. I prefer two characters {one male, one female} per person, but if you can only do one that is fine. Just make sure that if there is an over abundance of females, please be a male.
10. I have the right to add, remove, and edit rules as I see fit.

{-x-}

musikfreakx

Old 09-18-2011, 07:27 PM

{Auditions}

PHP Code:
[center][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]Full character name[/SIZE][/FONT]

[
img]URL IMG link[/img]

[
size="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]+[/COLORNickname
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORGender
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORSexuality
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORAge
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORHeight
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORWeight
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLOREye color
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORHair color
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORAny extra physical differences {different colored eyesscar on facetwo extra fingers}[/size][/CENTER][size="1"]

[
LEFT]- Take me home[/LEFT]
[
CENTER][COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORBirth Place
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORBirth Date[/CENTER]

[
LEFT]- Almost doesn't begin to describe it[/LEFT]
[CENTER][COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLOR] I guess you can say Almost has almost been my home for (##) years
(If you are a first time visitor to Almost, erase above line and instead put:
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLOR] I'
m seeing Almost for the {firstsecondthirdetc.} time[/CENTER]

[
LEFT][COLOR="royalblue"]-[/COLOR] And it doesn't come close to describing me[/LEFT]
[CENTER][COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLOR] Biography, minimum of one paragraph, max of three
[COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLOR] Personality, minimum of one paragraph, max of three

[LEFT][COLOR="royalblue"]-[/COLOR] I don'
t know if that fat baby is on my side or not.
[
COLOR="royalblue"]+[/COLORDescribe love life/pastthe whole reason you are in AlmostHave you been brokenDid you break someoneWere you cheated onAre you in love with your best friendMinimum of one paragraphmaximum of three.
[/
CENTER]

[
left][color="Magenta"][i]{-x-}[/i][/color][/left][/size
Example Character {No real info, just how coding turns out}

Full character name

[img]URL IMG link[/img]

+ Nickname
+ Gender
+ Sexuality
+ Age
+ Height
+ Weight
+ Eye color
+ Hair color
+ Any extra physical differences {different colored eyes, scar on face, two extra fingers}

- Take me home
+ Birth Place
+ Birth Date

- Almost doesn't begin to describe it
+ I guess you can say Almost has almost been my home for (##) years
(If you are a first time visitor to Almost, erase above line and instead put:
+ I'm seeing Almost for the {first, second, third, etc.} time

- And it doesn't come close to describing me
+ Biography, minimum of one paragraph, max of three
+ Personality, minimum of one paragraph, max of three

- I don't know if that fat baby is on my side or not.
+ Describe love life/past, the whole reason you are in Almost. Have you been broken? Did you break someone? Were you cheated on? Are you in love with your best friend? Minimum of one paragraph, maximum of three.

{-x-}

{-x-}

musikfreakx

Old 09-18-2011, 07:29 PM

{Pairings}

N/A

{-x-}

musikfreakx

Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 PM

{Cast}