Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 02-13-2015, 06:28 PM

Welcome to
At the End of the Rainbow:
Valentine 2015 Event Hangout

Introduction and some history:
At the End of the Rainbow dates back to early 2008, when the first incarnation of my Menewshan charity was opened. Although the charity is currently closed after I have been away for slightly over two years, it will soon be reopened.

Ever since I've ran the charity--or at least, since the mid-2008 Summer Night's Dream user-run event--it has been tradition for me to host an event thread under the same name for each event I'm around for. In this place, my "rainbow reggies" (regular visitors of my charity) and other friends, as well as anyone else who wishes to, can come and hang out, chat, earn some event currency and play a game or perhaps enter a contest.

Everyone is welcome, as long as they abide by Menewsha's rules. =) We've got cookies, contests and prizes, silliness and chatting. With a cherry on top for good measure.

Because this event hangout is the precursor to me re-establishing my charity, some games will be run by (and those prizes will be supplemented by) my charity account, At the End of the Rainbow. See post six for more information.

Index:
Post 1: Intro and index
Post 2: Games
Post 3: Pageprizes
Post 4: Raffle #1
Post 5: Hearts Game, Contests
Post 6: All things ran by/from At the End of the Rainbow charity (mule), including Raffle #2

Last edited by Silenia; 02-20-2015 at 02:57 AM..

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 06:29 PM

Games
Except the Hearts Game, please see post 5 for that one. Also except any game I may run as charity. Please see post 6 for those

GAME 1: What Is She Thinking Of?//Guess That Item
A pretty simple game. I have an item in mind, you all post questions in this thread that can be answered with either "yes" or "no" (or "don't know" if I'm not sure). When you think you know which item I'm thinking of, you send me a PM with your guess. First person to guess the correct item wins.

Disclaimer:
I will state beforehand if the prize will come in the shape of gold, an item or something else. I will, prior to starting the game, PM my mule with the name of the item, so that it can be proved I did not change the item I had in mind half-way through.

Rules:
1. You must have posted at least once in this thread before sending me a PM with your guess.
2. Questions must be publicly posted in this thread and must be answerable with yes/no/don't know. (Questions that do not follow this rule will be ignored)
3. Guesses must be PMed to Silenia to count.
4. The same person cannot win twice in a row.

Most recent winner:
Zyne

Other games will be added soon.

Last edited by Silenia; 02-17-2015 at 06:10 AM..

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 06:30 PM

Pageprizes
Also known as the lifeblood of many of my threads.

The nearest pageprizes can usually be found in my thread's subject-line. For a longer list of upcoming pageprizes, open the spoiler-bar below.

SPOILERX

• Page 160: 200g for 1st
  • Page 165: 25g for every post.

Want to check what the previous pageprizes were or who won them? Open the spoiler-bar below!

SPOILERX

• Page 3: 100g each for 1st and 2nd poster - Congratulations, ClockReject and Liquid Diamond!
  • Page 5: One event common of choice for 1st poster - Congratulations, ClockReject. Item chosen: Mirielle Headwrap - Duck Egg
  • Page 10: 250g for 2nd poster - Congratulations, Liquid Diamond!
  • Page 14: 50g for each POST - Congratulations, Liquid Diamond, Dragoness129 and star2000shadow. Gold won: 400, 400 and 250g respectively.
  • Page 20: 100g for last poster - Congraltulations, Sadrain!
  • Page 22: 100g for 1st and 2nd poster - Due to second post being made by yours truly, prizes go to 1st and 3rd. Congratulations twice over, Sadrain!
  • Page 25: 25g for each POST & event common of choice (up to 250g) for third post - Congratulations, Liquid Diamond, Dystopia, Sadrain and star2000shadow! Gold won: 200, 175, 125 & 25 respectively. Sadrain also won the event common and chose Coraline Corset - Midnight.
  • Page 30: One event common of choice with a worth up to 250g for third poster - Congratulations, Sadrain! Item chosen: Coraline Corset - Grape.
  • Goldbombing Pages - 33-36: 10, 15, 20, 25g per post. Congratulations, Liquid Diamond, Ivvy, Zyne, Sadrain, Dystopia & Nephila. Gold won: 555, 460, 210, 125, 75 & 25g respectively.
  • Page 40: 100g for 1st, 2nd & 3rd post. Congratulations, Liquid Diamond, Dystopia and Ivvy!
  • Page 44: Event common of choice with a worth up to 500g for 1st. Congratulations, zyne! Item chosen: Riot Pocket Chain - Silver.
  • Page 45: 250g for last post. Congratulations, zyne!
  • Page 49-50-51: 25g for EVERY post. Congratulations, Dragoness129, Ivvy, Zyne, Xuvrette, Sadrain, Bloodstainedwings, Dandelioness and Star2000shadow! Gold won: 475, 425, 125, 100, 100, 100, 50 and 25g respectively.
  • Page 55: Event common of choice with a worth up to 250g for 1st & 2nd. Congratulations, Liquid Diamond and Liztress. Items chosen: Zelda Top - Moonlight and a Coraline Corset of my choice (chose the white one)
  • Page 57: 100g for 1st. Congratulations, Ivvy!
  • Page 59: 100g for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Congratulations, Dystopia, Zyne and again Dystopia.
  • Page 60: 10g for every post. Congratulations, Ivvy, Liztress, Dystopia and Zyne. Gold won: 70, 60, 40 & 20g respectively.
  • Page 63: Event common of choice with a worth up to 250g for last poster. Congratulations, Star2000Shadow. Item chosen: Coraline Corset - Grape
  • Page 65: 100g for 1st & 2nd. Congratulations, Dystopia and Dragoness129!
  • Page 66-67-68: 25g for -every- post. Congratulations, Dragoness129, ClockReject, Dystopia, Zyne and Star2000shadow! Gold won: 550, 425, 275, 225 and 125g respectively!
  • Page 72: 100g for last. Congratulations, Dystopia!
  • Page 75: 500g for 1st. Congratulations, Dystopia!
  • Page 77: Event common of choice for the 1st & 2nd. Congratulations, Xuvrette and Dystopia. Let me know which item you'd like, Xuvrette! Dystopia chose a Donatella Coat - Sparrow
  • Page 80: First EI (Foamy Delight) for 8th. Congratulations, zyne!
  • Page 85: Nouveau Headband for 1st! Congratulations, Star2000shadow!
  • Page 88: 88 gold for every post and 1 ticket for the charity raffle to the first poster on this page who has no such ticket yet. Ticket donated by an anonymous user. Congratulations, Dragoness129 and Ivvy, who won respectively 1144g+ticket and 440g.
  • Page 90: 100g for 1st, 2nd. Congratulations, Dragoness129, Ivvy!
  • Page 95: Event common of choice for 5th. Congratulations, Ivvy! Item chosen: Zelda Boa - Red
  • Pages 99-100-101: GOLDBOMB. 50g per post! Congratulations, Ivvy, Dragoness129, ClockReject, Nephila and Star2000shadow. Gold won: 1050, 1000, 700, 600 and 100g respectively.
  • Page 105: 100g for 1st. Congratulations, Sadrain!
  • Page 110: 100g for 1st. Congratulations, Nephila!
  • Page 111: 25g per post. Congratulations, Dragoness129 and Liquid Diamond! Gold won respectively: 275 and 200g.
  • Page 115: 100g for 1st. Congratulations, Ivvy!
  • Page 120: 100g for 1st. Congratulations, Liquid Diamond!
  • Page 125: 25g per post. Congratulations, Dragoness129, Liquid Diamond, Zyne and Ivvy. Gold won: 275, 150, 25 and 25g respectively.
  • Page 131: Event common of choice for 1st. Congratulations, Liquid Diamond! Item chosen: Zelda Top - Shadow.
  • Page 135: 100g for 1st & 2nd. Congratulations, Zyne and Dragoness129!
  • Page 140: 100g for 1st & 2nd. Congratulations, Liztress and Sadrain!
  • Page 145: 100g for 1st & 2nd. Congratulations, Dragoness129 and Liquid Diamond!
  • Page 150: 50g for every post! Congratulations, Dragoness129, Liztress and BoomieUmi. Gold won: 600, 300 and 100g respectively.
  • Page 155: Event common of choice for 1st, 2nd. Congratulations, BoomieUmi and Dragoness129! Items chosen: Zelda Stockings - Duck Egg and Riot Hat - Ink.

Last edited by Silenia; 02-20-2015 at 05:31 AM..

Mule of Silenia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-13-2015, 06:30 PM

Personal Raffle--OVER

WINNERS DRAWN!

Congratulations, Sadrain, Star2000shadow and Liquid Diamond!

Rules and a basic run-down:
Collapsed for readability of rest of post now that the winners have been drawn.

SPOILERX

• Tickets are 100g each. A maximum of two tickets can be bought per person.
  • To buy a ticket, send me a donation with 100g at Mule of Silenia. Please DO mention in the message that you're buying in for the raffle.
  • Tickets can be bought up until February 18th, when I will close the ticket-sale. Until I announce that no more tickets can be bought, they're still for sale. Aiming to drawing 1-2 hours after closing the ticket sale.
  • You are permitted to buy tickets for other users provided this does not bring those users over the maximum allowed two tickets.
  • You are only allowed to buy tickets for personal use with one account, be it main or mule.
  • For the purpose of this raffle, charities and their charity mule are counted as separate from the user's personal account. Because charity tickets are not personal use, you are allowed to buy both two tickets for personal use and two tickets for charity purposes.
  • Numbers are by order of buy in.
  • I will draw one number per five tickets sold, with a minimum of two numbers being drawn. If less than ten tickets have been sold, the raffle will be cancelled and the entry fees returned. The amount of numbers drawn in relation to the amount of tickets sold is rounded down - 14 tickets sold means 2 draws; 19 tickets sold means 3 draws, etc.
  • Randomizer.org will be used to draw the winning numbers. A screenshot will be posted as the numbers have been drawn.

Prizes:
The following prizes are part of the raffle regardless of how many tickets are sold, so long as the minimum number of 10 sold tickets is met.
  • 5000 gold
  • Full Valentine '15 EI set. This is dependent on the release of said items, which of course has yet to happen. It is my honest intent to supply a full set as the items become available. Should something prevent this, an alternative prize with equal worth will be used instead.
The following prizes will be added to the raffle should the requisite number of sold tickets be reached:

15 tickets sold:
  • 2500 gold

20 tickets sold:
  • Event commons of choice with a worth up to 2500 gold.

For every five (5) more tickets sold after this, a prize with a worth of at least 1k will be added. If not otherwise specified--by me adding more listings of prizes to be added--this prize will take the form of exactly 1000g.

More prizes may be added later; if these supersede the 1k-per-5-more-tickets prize, they will be of at least equal worth.

For the first two prizes - a full EI set vs. 5k - the owner of the ticket matching with first number drawn is allowed to pick. The second drawn number gets the prize not chosen. From this onwards, the prizes will be given out in order of numbers drawn.

Tickets sold:
Collapsed for readability of rest of post now that the winners have been drawn.

SPOILERX

1. Sadrain
  2. Sadrain
  3. Liquid Diamond
  4. Liquid Diamond
  5. xoxoAngiexoxo
  6. xoxoAngiexoxo
  7. Babyblueyez25
  8. Babyblueyez25
  9. Ivvy
  10. Ivvy
  11. Bloodstainedwings
  12. Bloodstainedwings
  13. Mnemosyne
  14. Mnemosyne
  15. Eastriel
  16. Eastriel
  17. Star2000shadow

Last edited by Mule of Silenia; 02-19-2015 at 07:24 PM..

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 06:31 PM

Hearts Game:

The Hearts Game hangs somewhere in between "game" and "contest". Because it will run for the entire event, I've chosen to place it here.

So...what's this, then?
The Hearts Game is a point-based game. You can earn points in a variety of ways, which are listed below. At the end of the game, the person with most Heart Points gets a full Val 15 EI set and 50g per point earned. The runner up wins 50g per point earned as well as one event common with a worth up to 500g of choice. Everyone else earns 25g per point earned.

But...but how do I earn points?!
There are several ways:
  • Every now and then, I'll post something with a heart. This can be simply the word HEART, or an image of a heart.* The first person to quote that post gets a Hearts Point.
  • Every now and then, I'll host a game where the prize isn't gold, items or art but Heart Points
  • Every now and then, I'll post something along the lines of "Give me a HEART!". The first person to then post an image of a heart wins a Hearts Point.
*Images of Menewshan items that have a heart in there somewhere; avatars wearing such items; emoticons of or including a heart; the text-based emoticon '<3' and/or simply the word 'heart' uncoloured and uncapitalized do not count.

(Oh, and quoting this post also does NOT get you Hearts Points)

Editing your post to win a Hearts Point is prohibited. If I catch you doing so, you are immediately excluded from this game as well as any other game, contest or raffle ran in this thread or any of my other threads.

Heart-catchers so far:
Liquid Diamond - 5 points. (post 150; post 186; post 386; post 741; post 2983)
Zyne - 3 points (post 1028; post 1335; winning a game (see post 1518))
Ivvy - 3 points (post 998; post 2246; post 2471)
Dystopia- 2 points (post 1596; post 1855)
ClockReject - 1 point (post 1678)
Dragoness129 - 1 point (post 2935)

Other contests will be added here.

Last edited by Silenia; 02-17-2015 at 11:35 PM..

At the End of the Rainbow
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2015, 06:32 PM

Charity Raffle.

Rules and other important info:
  • Tickets are 250g each. For this raffle, only ONE ticket can be bought per person.
  • To buy a ticket, send me a donation with 250g at At the End of the Rainbow. Please DO mention in the message that you're buying in for the raffle.
  • Tickets can be bought up until February 18th, when I will close the ticket-sale. Until I announce that no more tickets can be bought, they're still for sale. Aiming to drawing 1-2 hours after closing the ticket sale.
  • You are permitted to buy tickets for other users provided these users do not have a ticket yet.
  • For the purpose of this raffle, charities and their charity mule are counted as separate from the user's personal account. Because charity tickets are not personal use, you are allowed to buy both a ticket for personal use and a ticket for charity purposes.
  • Numbers are by order of buy in.
  • I will draw one number per five tickets sold, with a minimum of two numbers being drawn. If less than ten tickets have been sold, the raffle will be cancelled and the entry fees returned. The amount of numbers drawn in relation to the amount of tickets sold is rounded down - 14 tickets sold means 2 draws; 19 tickets sold means 3 draws, etc.
  • Randomizer.org will be used to draw the winning numbers. A screenshot will be posted as the numbers have been drawn.

Prizes:
The following prizes are part of the raffle regardless of how many tickets are sold, so long as the minimum number of 10 sold tickets is met.
  • Bleeding Hearts Belt & Bleeding Hearts Hairpin
  • Full Valentine '15 EI set. This is dependent on the release of said items, which of course has yet to happen. It is my honest intent to supply a full set as the items become available. Should something prevent this, an alternative prize with equal worth will be used instead.
The following prizes will be added to the raffle should the requisite number of sold tickets be reached:

15 tickets sold:
  • Event commons of choice with a worth up to 2500 gold

20 tickets sold:
  • Event commons of choice with a worth up to 1750 gold.

25 tickets sold:
  • Event commons of choice with a worth up to 1250 gold.

For every five (5) more tickets sold after this, a prize with a worth of at least 1k will be added. If not otherwise specified--by me adding more listings of prizes to be added--this prize will take the form of exactly 1000g.

More prizes may be added later; if these supersede the 1k-per-5-more-tickets prize, they will be of at least equal worth.

For the first two prizes - a full Val '15 EI set vs. Bleeding Hearts Belt & Hairpin - the owner of the ticket matching with first number drawn is allowed to pick. The second drawn number gets the prize not chosen. From this onwards, the prizes will be given out in order of numbers drawn.

Tickets sold:
  1. Sadrain
  2. Liquid Diamond
  3. Ivvy
  4. Mnemosyne
  5. Zyne (Donated by: Mnemosyne)
  6. Dystopia (Donated by: Mnemosyne)
  7. Dragoness129 (Won on page 88, Donated by a generous soul who wants to stay anonymous)
  8. xoxoAngiexoxo

Games ran by/from my charity thread will be added later.

Last edited by At the End of the Rainbow; 02-19-2015 at 06:14 PM..

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 06:32 PM

Final reserved post. You can now post while I set things up.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 06:33 PM

SILENIA. O_O Omg.
I have not seen you for forever!! How are you? How have you been?

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 06:50 PM

Hey Saddie! Yes, it has been ages. Result of me having been away from Mene for a good two years, but I'm back for real this time!

As to how I am... right now, not too great. My (paternal) grandmother died two days ago. I'm glad she's no longer suffering but I do miss her.

As to how I've been, up-and-down, as usual.

How are you doing, dear? <3

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-13-2015, 06:50 PM

<3 Silly.

At the End of the Rainbow
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2015, 06:56 PM

Dystopia <3

Good, have put what-goes-where on each post, now just dumping in the actual information. XD But at least this way I won't get confused what I ought to be posting from which account/browser and you folks will have a little hint of what's all going to be going on in this thread.

EDIT: Dinner's ready. Will finish setting up thread after that. First bunch of pageprizes is UP, though.

Last edited by At the End of the Rainbow; 02-13-2015 at 07:12 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-13-2015, 07:32 PM

I KNEW I knew you..You gave me my first gift on mene.. 'TACKLE GLOMPS'

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 07:33 PM

Well, it'd be lovely if you could really stay around this time.

I am sorry about your grandmother. ): But I hope that you being here means you're in more stable spot in life.

Heey Dystopia!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-13-2015, 07:33 PM

>w< See you soon.

---------- Post added 02-13-2015 at 11:34 AM ----------

c: Hey Rainy.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 07:35 PM

You're looking beautiful and distraught!

And omg, I need to take photo of the phoenix I drew for you.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-13-2015, 07:36 PM

Thanks. I'm still working on this avatar, but I hope I get it right soon.

:o Yes please!

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2015, 07:38 PM

Happy eventing and chip collecting!

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
I KNEW I knew you..You gave me my first gift on mene.. 'TACKLE GLOMPS'
I remembered you as well, of course. -nod- After all, you've been one of my beloved rainbow reggies since mid-09 or so! -huggleglompsquishes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Well, it'd be lovely if you could really stay around this time.

I am sorry about your grandmother. ): But I hope that you being here means you're in more stable spot in life.

Heey Dystopia!
I do intend to do so, in any case.
I'm more stable, yes. Depression's of course still there but I can keep it under control most of the time now. Learnt how to live around it when needed and with it when possible.

/is back from dinner, in case not obvious.

EDIT: Hey there, xoxoAngiexoxo. =)

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 07:39 PM

Gonna work on it right now, Dystopia. :D

---------- Post added 02-13-2015 at 09:40 PM ----------

I hope you ate well, Sellie.

I suppose it never really goes away. That's something I'm trying to accept now myself, since I've been on light medication for it and my anxiety for some months now. Not that I feel any difference.

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 PM

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe I'm posting in a Rainbow thread after all these years!!

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 07:43 PM

LIDI.
Yes! It's mini miracle. xD

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 02-13-2015, 07:45 PM

SADRAIIINNNN!!!! This is 2009 all over again!!! *cries tears of joy*

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Gonna work on it right now, Dystopia. :D

---------- Post added 02-13-2015 at 09:40 PM ----------

I hope you ate well, Sellie.

I suppose it never really goes away. That's something I'm trying to accept now myself, since I've been on light medication for it and my anxiety for some months now. Not that I feel any difference.
For some it does fade away, but when it's been there for fifteen years, including half my childhood and my full puberty, I think it's a pretty safe bet that I'm not one of those.
It can be hard to accept, of course, so if you want someone to talk to about it, or just rant for a bit, my Inbox is always open for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Diamond View Post
Oh my gosh!! I can't believe I'm posting in a Rainbow thread after all these years!!
Two years or so, I think. But I'm back <3

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2015, 07:48 PM

Yes, it is, Lidi!

Well, I kind of believe that it's been my companion for far longer than I am 'treated' for it, lol. Like, probably from time we met here or earlier? Haha. But until I was down in absolute dumps, my doctor didn't really think of this route so it's being 'taken care' for it only now and let's just say, I don't have access to a lot of help anyway.

And thanks. :) You know mine is for you, too.

Silenia

Old 02-13-2015, 07:55 PM

Yeah, mine also only was diagnosed long after it started--think age 12 or 13--but it's been there since age 7. At least, that's the earliest I can say with certainty. May have been there at age six or may just have been the lead-up to it, don't know. By age seven, it was there though, and it's never left since.

I'm not currently treated for it, nor have I been for a long time. Medicines and I don't work together well and each of the previous times I had other treatment--therapy, etc.--all that happened is that it got worse not better. Unless things get a lot worse and I lose all control over it again, I don't foresee myself seeking any treatment, either. I know how to handle it and deal with it in my own way, which works well enough for me.

You're welcome, and yes, I know, but thanks all the same. <3