jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-27-2013, 11:35 PM

People have made threads asking about your personal style and so on, I don't have a clue how to answer these questions

When I'm struggling to find an answer for a question, I often find it helps to turn that question on its head!

So!

Instead of talking about what you like, what would you never wear. What is totally not your style?

Here's some stuff that I'd not wear if you paid me. Even if I can see it on someone else and think it looks great and suits them 100% On me? HELL no! xD
  • Plaid
  • Gingham
  • Sneakers
  • Sweatshirts
  • "man" t-shirts. Your typical baggy, crewneck jobs
  • baggy jeans
  • baggy anything really
  • shirts in general
  • denim - unless it's jeans
  • black

I see a pattern forming here. I don't like casual clothes that much, do I?

What do you just not wear?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 03:58 AM

Wait....you don't wear shirts........but you wear jeans. So when you wear jeans do you go topless?

I presume by later comments you mean casual shirts. I'm not much of a casual dresser myself. I tend to wear nice sweaters and blaizers because of my job.

I will not wear wool anything, because of my skin.

I hate polo shirts.

And cannot wear heels to save my life.

Last edited by Cora; 09-28-2013 at 04:03 AM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 05:56 AM

Oh god, I hate polo shirts too ><

By shirts I mean the button up with a collar jobs. I like blouses, they don't like me very often though, the "joys" of an hourglass figure -.- Things either fit your boobs or your waist, but rarely both : / I've found that a certain cut of blouse from Monsoon fits me, so I stalk Ebay for ones that I like. I did post a pic in llonka's hair thread where I'm wearing my favourite blouse actually, it's a lovely bold purple, it's a total pig to iron though, because of the pintucks, and the cute puffed sleeves -dramatic sigh-

There's a pic of my shirt from when I uploaded it to Poupee Girl, that's a crap picture >< If you click on the pic of the shirt it shows the full size image. I've since found a better place for taking pics of my stuff. May take another pic of it and reupload. Though it's waiting to be ironed at the moment ><

Last edited by jellysundae; 09-28-2013 at 05:59 AM..

Aganab
Butt

Old 09-28-2013, 06:10 AM

I hate polo shirts too, though they're part of my school uniform, so I have to wear them.

Other than that, I would never be seen in public in sweatpants or sweatshirts, though I wear them around my house sometimes when I can't bother getting dressed properly. Also: uggs and crocs, as well as any shoes that show my toes, especially flip-flops, because I'm pretty insecure when it comes to my toes.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 06:13 AM

AURGHHH ugly shoes! -sets them all on fire-

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Uggs are ugly but umm....I wear a pair in the winter for taking the dogs out. Thems comfy as hell.

@Jelly- I love the color on that shirt o.0

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 06:25 PM

That's the boldest colour shirt I own, and was a pretty large departure from the normal colours I'd buy, but this is where the beauty of Ebay comes in...I can't remember what I paid for that shirt, but there's a very high likelihood that it was under £5, including postage. I got so much braver with what I'd buy when I could get stuff so cheaply. Though I'll still let it go quite happily if I get outbid and it ceases to be such a big bargain

I've found that I like purple quite a lot since starting shopping on Ebay, now I have to get strict with myself, "No! I know it's cute, but you already have 10 purple items, you need some different colours. Step away from that bid button!"

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 06:30 PM

I do not handle auctions well, so I tend to stay away from eBay and usually opt for amazon instead. I get stuff cheaply over there without the headache of an auction to make me suffer anger issues.

I will wear almost any color because I love color, but I find I tend to gravitate towards pink, blue, and green more then anything.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 PM

Now that's got me thinking, just how many purple items do I have
  • Shirt
  • Cardigans x2
  • sweaters x2
  • Tunics x2
  • short-sleeved top
  • longsleeved top
  • shoes x2
  • coat

There may be more, but yeah, I do need to stop buying purple stuff xDD

I've learnt to not get pissed when I get sniped. Another great thing about Ebay, is if it's clothing, that item is likely to come up for sale again sooner or later.

I lost out about 5 times on a pair of kneehigh leather boots, over a period of a couple of months. I was determined to get a pair, but each time the bidding got so high that it went beyond a price I was willing to pay, or the auction ended at a time when I wasn't going to be online, or I was sniped...but in the end, I got them for a whole lot less than what I'd bid on previous pairs, so it all worked out very nicely. \o/

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Boots, are like one of my favorite accessories. Boots and scarves. If it wouldn't look silly I would wear them everyday.

I should look at eBay for clothing I want. I am in desperate need of some new things. Or maybe I just really feel the urge to splurg on clothing now o.0.

But I know I'll get irritated. I tell myself its not worth it but it happens anyways.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 PM

Ah, but I used to get irritated. I was mad as hell one time when I got sniped in the last 3 seconds for a top the I really wanted. But if the same happens now, I just shrug it off.

I'm trying to convince you here :D Ebay has worked for me with learning some anger management

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Maybe I'll try it. You are sounding pretty convincing, plus the pull of new clothes (oooh maybe some new cute boots o.0) sounds particularly pleasing to me at the moment. Then again.....I do have three days off (completely unheard of these days). Maybe I'll go to the mall o.0

Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Okay, things I wouldn't wear...
Birkinstocks
Crocs
Uggs
Polo shirts
Socks with sandals
Headbands
Baggy pants...

That's all I could think of really. Nothing original. xP

OH and turtlenecks.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 11:16 PM

OMG turtlenecks! Those are SO unflattering

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 11:17 PM

OMG, you need to have like a very specific body that like NO ONE has to pull off turtle necks. I don't wear them.....they are not even comfortable.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 11:23 PM

They're really frumpy and unattractive too. I just don't get some types of clothing

Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-28-2013, 11:24 PM

The worst is those short sleeved turtlenecks. Like, WHAT.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 11:33 PM

Oh dear god, is that thing for real yuck.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 11:36 PM

On someone somewhere, it will look awesome. I'm guessing someone who's tall and with a sporty figure.

So as you said Cora, not a lot of people

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 11:41 PM

Yeah...basically need to be perfectly shaped to pull off turtle necks otherwise you just look terrible.

Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 PM

It looks decent here..

Or here

But look at how nice their bodies are. If you can pull off a short sleeved turtle neck, you have a body from the gods.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 PM

I want that body, but then doesn't everyone o.0

Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-28-2013, 11:43 PM

Yes. :'(

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 PM

If your boobs are a fair size that kind of neckline does you no favours though. As it creates a continental shelf effect, starting at the collar and ending at the boobs.

In that first pic those fake boobs make the look a little trashy to me, but she's got a bit of the shelf effect going on there. Looks far better on the second girl because her boobs are smaller.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 09-29-2013, 06:45 AM

• Skirts (unless they're "pencil" skirts)
  • Yoga pants
  • Thongs (ewh permenant wegie? I think not)
  • Anything with long necks to them.
  • Crop sweaters (seriously though)
  • Flared jeans
  • Capri pants
  • Anything plaid
  • Anything gingham