Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Did anyone watch the first episode of True Blood on HBO? It's a new series based on the books by Charlaine Harris. I thought it was pretty good! I think it captured the feel of the books pretty well.

I like most of the casting, however, I'm still not completely sold on Anna Paquin as Sookie. Who I think would have made a great Sookie is Elisaha Cuthbert! Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode!

If anyone else has seen it, what do you think?

Maeru
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 PM

sorry, i havent seen it. I dont think I get HBO, or at least now i dont since im in college. what is the book series about?

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 AM

The book is about a bar waitress down in Louisiana that can read other peoples thoughts. She becomes involved with vampires, who have just declared their existence to the world. Sookie kinda likes hanging around vampires because she can not read their thoughts, which is a nice change for her. As the books go on, she becomes more and more involved in the vampire world as well as with werewolves and other supernatural creatures.

It sounds cliche because there are sooo many vampire books around, but Sookie is such a charming southern girl and the characters are really engaging. :) And apparently, the books are so well written that HBO decided to develop the story into a series which I'm very grateful! A few minor changes from the storyline, but overall, very well done.

Dramatica Romanticide
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 AM

Bahhh i was gonna make one of these :cry:
You beat me too it! :x
Anyhoo i really like it!
I'd never heard of the books before though.
Anyway its a great schedule for me cos i also watch Entourage.
And i'm glad i have another Vampire show to watch since they cancelled Moonlight :cry:

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Yay, another fan! :) If you like the this tv series, be sure to check out the books. You will get even a better feel as to what is happening beneath the surface of the characters.

Teive
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-27-2008, 11:03 PM

I adore the show. <3 It's kinda funny to watch, but a drama is always got drama. :P
I just finished watching "Mine", the most recent episode. I really liked it. Very bloody. <3

Sakura D. Rose
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
Send a message via MSN to Sakura D. Rose

Old 10-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramatica Romanticide View Post
Bahhh i was gonna make one of these :cry:
You beat me too it! :x
Anyhoo i really like it!
I'd never heard of the books before though.
Anyway its a great schedule for me cos i also watch Entourage.
And i'm glad i have another Vampire show to watch since they cancelled Moonlight :cry:

Yea i was so mad when they cancelled Moonlight!!!! At least im not the only one who watched that show...

Anyways ive seen all the episodes they've given so far.... And its really interesting! I've fallen in love with this show!!!! the story is so controversial... and basically theres a new problem everyday. Specially with Jason... The recent episode was extremely funny! Poor Jason.... Lol This show is the best and i hope it'll last a while!

And i havent read the book yet, but im looking foward to getting them real soon. Just cant wait!!!

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Verisimility Send a message via MSN to Verisimility

Old 10-25-2008, 08:42 PM

Yeah, I've been watching True Blood since the beginning. One character in specific I would love to see more of is Eric Northman. I LOVE Alexander Skarsgard. <3 It's just so completely awesome that they got him to play a Viking vampire. Authentic! :]

I'm still waiting for them to reveal what Sam is...stop dropping hints already! I got so impatient I looked it up, but I wish they'd just come out with it on the show. xD

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-25-2008, 09:28 PM

As long as the series keeps going, I can guarantee we'll be seeing a lot more of Eric! ;)

Oooh, ooh, I know what's up with Sam! But I've read the books. It's good - I hope they reveal soon. :)

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM

Is it bad I want to be Sookie just because of Eric? YUM.

I tried reading the books but honestly didn't get much into them. The idea of it being set in the South is kind of cool, but it honestly doesn't intrigue me like other settings might.

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-25-2008, 10:13 PM

Aww, that's too bad (you would get a lot more Eric! heehee) - but I understand. For me personally, I adore the setting. It really sets the flavor for the books.

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-27-2008, 04:23 AM

Just watched tonight's...yay for more Eric Northman! I was excited to see Sookie use more of her powers, and I love seeing everything come together. One thing I'm not so sure about is that they seem to run about 50 storylines at a time, and don't just stick with one and run it out.

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 PM

I just watched it today and it was good! You are right though... too many things going on at once. Yay for more Eric! And what about the scene where Bill comes out of the ground? :shock:

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 AM

I know, I was like, "Holy crap!"...and I found it super super...uhm...I don't know, am I weird for being really disgusted by that? I mean...he's completely covered in dirt, right? EW. That's like, dirt in your cootchie. ;.; Oh well, I guess she enjoyed it. >.>

Definitely...I mean, for the first few episodes they kept pretty good on track with the murders, but now it's like they forgot them and are allll over. :/ Perhaps they may yet tie everything together. :] -high hopes-

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM

Well, if I remember the books correctly (gosh, it seems like such a long time since I read the first one), the murderer should be caught very soon!

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2008, 07:26 PM

Ohhh, really?

Any hints? ;p Hahaha, just kidding. :3

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 PM

i love this series i was a bit surprised with the choice of eric i didn't picture him that way but i shall see how it turns out.

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-28-2008, 09:50 PM

Nnnooo, no hints! Unless you want a PM, lol.

I like the way Eric looks a lot although I pictured him with longer hair and maybe a slightly bit older.

ElectricEclipse
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 PM

i love the show entirely
i only recently saw it
and i was amazed
i'd never heard of it before channel surfing that night
i love the concept
vamps finally shedding some light on their existance
the world coming to terms with it but being precautious
if that were to truly happen it be amazing
like truly amazing
i've always hoped something like that would happen
that vampires truly do exist and are just in hiding and such
but alas as of yet its a simple hope
and not one many share

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 PM

I would if they were as hot as Eric and Bill. :D

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2008, 12:41 AM

Vampires are totally real. ;p

@Lissi: Yes! PM hints! I love hints. :3 I'm the kind of chick that read the last page of the book first. lol

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2008, 02:36 PM

Hmm... well, I just watched last night's episode and now I'm not sure who the killer is! Either I am not remembering correctly or they changed the storyline for the show.

But now at least now you have a good idea what's up with Sam! :)

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 PM

Ohh, storyline change with the show. ;.;

Yeah, I was SO intrigued by what Sam was I looked it up a while ago. ;p Still, it was awesome to see the plot twist at the end of the episode.

What do you think of how they end each episode with a cliffhanger? I'm sort of torn. While I love how it brings us back and back, it's also a tad bit annoying since I want to continue watching. ;p BUT, I totally get why they do it. ^^

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 PM

Every time they end with a cliffhanger I want to say, "D'oh!" I think I like it - it leaves me excited for the next episode.

Verisimility
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 AM

Haha, same here. :3 Some of the cliffhangers have been pretty silly...this last one had me rolling with laughter. Sookie's all taking off her clothes and Sam's looking away, and then she wakes up and he's naked on the bed. Hahahaha.