Wood Sorrel
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-03-2007, 01:58 AM

It's about the only TV show I watch. xD Love them all, from the first ones in the 60's to the series last season. The goofy special effects are so endearing! xD

Anyone else watch them?

Moderator's note: Contained herein are several threads on the topic of Doctor Who, which have been merged in order to have them located in one handy place. They appear in chronological order of post date.
Demoscount provided an informative post, which I will link to here: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/1768773978-post0.html

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 02-19-2012 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Moderator biznezz

magikjaz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to magikjaz Send a message via MSN to magikjaz Send a message via Yahoo to magikjaz

Old 03-25-2007, 01:27 AM

i'm not too familiar with the original Doctor Who series, but I love the new BBC one. I was so sad when they replaced the doctor after only one season. Christopher Eccleston is DREAMY!!!!

aoikirin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Sorrel
It's about the only TV show I watch. xD Love them all, from the first ones in the 60's to the series last season. The goofy special effects are so endearing! xD

Anyone else watch them?
*giggles* I grew up with reruns of 5-7th doctors.

And yes, the goofy special effects are quite endearing.

I can't wait until the new series starts up next week!

aoikirin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikjaz
i'm not too familiar with the original Doctor Who series, but I love the new BBC one. I was so sad when they replaced the doctor after only one season. Christopher Eccleston is DREAMY!!!!
I miss Christopher Eccleston, too... but I like Tennant in the role as well! I hope they don't replace him after only a couple seasons :( I'd be quite put out!

magikjaz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to magikjaz Send a message via MSN to magikjaz Send a message via Yahoo to magikjaz

Old 03-28-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoikirin
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikjaz
I miss Christopher Eccleston, too... but I like Tennant in the role as well! I hope they don't replace him after only a couple seasons :( I'd be quite put out!
i like him too...he's grown on me as I watch him

I am hopeing they keep him a season longer before they replace him. I mean i know the premise of doctors and all, but we don't need a new one each year...that will just be too much

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 PM

I loved Eccleston, he was my first Doctor, but... Tennant is crazily adorable and I would travel with him in a heartbeat. I really want to see the old episodes, everyone says such great things about Tom Baker!

The show is brilliantly phenominal. The Harry Potter references this week were hilarious! Great, great ep. I was nervous about Martha, but in this week's episode I really liked her, and I'm glad she's there.

Of course, I still miss Rose, and it hurts so terribly when the Doctor misses her, too! It just breaks my heart.

It's the only other show besides House that I literally spend all week looking forward to!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM

i like Doctor Who, i love David Tennant as the doctor too! he's sexy 8) but he obviously has such fun playing the part that he makes it great to watch.
hopefully he'll be in it for a few seasons yet, they didn't get rid of christopher Eccleston, he left..

i've watched Doctor Who all my life, the first Doctor for me was tom Baker back in the 70's, it's been great to be able to grow up with the show.

shockwavev2
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via MSN to shockwavev2

Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 PM

i think i like torchwood better, but then torchwood is based on doctor who.

CRUNKED
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to CRUNKED

Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 PM

My friend likes watching this show. I've watched maybe one or two episodes of the current season and it's alright but not my cup of tea.

momus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to momus

Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM

Aw, I hardly watch Dr. Who anymore. I miss the old Dr. Who (from the season before this one), but the new one is okay.

I watched a few episodes with the Doctor who had a long scarf, and I LOVED IT. It was so silly, and his scarf was awesome.

Kelly Love
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-10-2007, 02:09 PM

yes yes yes yes!

I've seen dr who since doctor #3 (pertwee? I forget his name) and upward. but when they got eccleston (oooooooooo, such a hawtie!!) it was like so much better than I ever remembered! and the chemistry between eccleston and billie piper was almost magical. I also enjoyed having an overall story-arc (bad wolf) throughout the entire season, so we were really building up to a huge climax.

at first I was sad when they got david tennant but he really grew on me after awhile. and he's a cutie in a corny sort of way—nothing like christopher but still a nice guy. and he was starting to develop that same kind of chemistry with piper.

and then they got rid of piper!! ;_;

i made myself sad. ;_;

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 04-11-2007, 06:21 AM

Don't fret! Maybe she'll be back for a special one of these days!

Aaaah, I'm getting all teary thinking about the Doctor and Rose AGAIN! I'm such a sap. But I can't help it! Eccleston is all full of awesome and Tennant is all adorable and then there's Rose

I blame the actors and writers for making these characters so wonderful and lovable that seeing their tragedy makes me get wet eyes.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 AM

Anyone else see the most recent ep? Oh, man, it was brilliant, I had to watch it again. Tightly-constructed, surprising, revealing, and ominous all at once!

I really am liking Martha more and more with each ep. And I love how as awesome as she is, she's not a replacement for Rose, she's something entirely different. That was important for the show, I think, and it's great to see they nailed it with Freema.

vampyface69
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-17-2007, 06:29 PM

i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv dr who!!! i luuuuved billie piper as the assistant and was sad she left. but in all fairness i like the new assistant and plus billie piper is a stuck up cw so there lol

Celeris
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-04-2007, 03:50 PM

I LOVE Eccleston! He's the only one I've seen though. I've never seen Doctor Who until it came on OPB several weeks ago and I already love it! :D

Cyzzane
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Cyzzane Send a message via Yahoo to Cyzzane

Old 05-04-2007, 07:41 PM

I have to say that I do indeed. I'm quite a fan actually.

I have to lay the blame at my best friends door since he was a fan long before me then got me all addicted to watching it as well. I love the stories and the silliness too.

Speaking of Dr.Who - anyone else watch Torchwood too?

Amelie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Amelie Send a message via Yahoo to Amelie

Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 PM

I grew up with reruns of when Tom baker was Dr. Who. I love them so much. At the moment I have a boxed set of most of the episodes that he was in. Honestly enough I don't really like the new Dr. Who that is on the Sci-fi channel. It just isn't as cool as the old ones with all their oh-so-dorky special effects.

Toxicity
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-05-2007, 02:03 PM

DR who rocks!!!!!!!!!!

hasumi makimoto
n/a

Old 05-05-2007, 03:41 PM

I consider myself a dr who fan. I may not have seen the original b&w series, but i love the new version.

Moocat
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Moocat Send a message via MSN to Moocat

Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 PM

I've never seen Dr. Who, but I do have a friend who's completely obsessed and I have learned a bit about the show.

I must say, out of all the characters, I happen to love the Daleks quite a lot. xD And the new series Dr. Who is a cutie. ;0

Kazzy1231
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Don't like it.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 05-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Oh man! I love that show, but unfortunately I don't get to see it often!

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 AM

• I haven't watched it for soooooooooO~ long :"O

They replayed alot of the old episodes here a few years ago, and uh. Kinda watched them religiously @___@;
    You can't NOT love the complete lameness of the sfx. really.

I missed alot of the new series. The first one I think I managed to see all of, but the second one I didn't catch much.
    And the DVD's cost a fortune D:

I've been hunting for a copy of the TorchWood Series as well.

Jack Harkness = Love~

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 PM

I have to bring this up again to see what people think of the recent announcement of the new companion for the Doctor...I am not happy that they are bringing Catherine Tate on again -_-

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 07-07-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayuri_nitta
I have to bring this up again to see what people think of the recent announcement of the new companion for the Doctor...I am not happy that they are bringing Catherine Tate on again -_-
I know, I was livid. I thought they'd get someone who could act. -_-

I hate both Martha and Tate.