Loveless00

Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 PM

I absolutely LOVE Kamina from this show! I recently went to an Anime Convention (yesterday) and saw a Kamina... but he didn't act enthusiastic at all! It was a great disapointment! Mello(my friend) went up to him and was all like, "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!!" and in a small little weak voice he went, "I'm Kamina." A huge disapointment, right?

Le-Krynn
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 AM

Gurren Lagann is really the only thing that I'll describe as 'epic'. :]
It's sort of funny. Whenever I'm about to call something epic, I have to think of whether or not its as good as Gurren Lagann.... and I usually end up picking a different word for it. :P

Sikuyi-chan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-17-2009, 03:08 AM

Oh I definitely love that series ^^ Need to finish watching it :3

Nanenna
Saucy Wench

Old 06-22-2009, 04:29 AM

Spoilers within!

TTGL, like most of Gainax's stuff, is taking a genre and pushing it through a fine mesh. It's basically everything the Mecha genre is with all it's stereotypes (Kamina being the mentor that has to
die as one example) and a whole lot of hot blooded manliness thrown in for good measure.

I can't name the ONE reason I like this show, I'm not even sure why I do despite all the reasons to hate it. *coughNiacough* But I do. Maybe it's how exciting everything is or the explosions or just how awesome Yoko is
*coughdoombitecough* or just that I did enjoy the story despite how Gainax'd it was.

... Aw... I can't say that. Even if she is an annoying little Mary Sue I still love Nia and her innocent ways. *Huggles Nia* I'm so sorry for you!! *sobs*

Hypothalamus
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-28-2009, 07:25 PM

I always, always, always recommend Gurren Lagann to my friends. I vow to finish it this summer! The only reason I haven't gone ahead and finished it is because as usual, I spoiled the story for myself. ):