Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 07:30 PM

The contest is now extended - the new ending date is 12th of July^^

Yup, since so many people want the v-day set, Yumeh decided to use that situation, and organise an art contest xD!
It will take 2 months, and end on 14th of may, soon after my birthday xD. I have 2 full v-day sets especially for this contest^^!

Things you can win:
1st place: one full v-day set!!!
2nd place: 3 items of their choice from the second set!
3rd place: 1 item of their choice from the second set, excluding those already taken

most unique: 1 item of their choice from the second set, excluding those already taken
most entries: 1 item of their choice from the second set, excluding those already taken

And as for the theme, it's Murasaki, Stareye and Lied, from my dragon gods series, either alone, or in a scene showing their relationship^^.

As for art type:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumehayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by musado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumehayla
nope, all art is welcome. sketches, traditionals, av edits, figurines, stories, poems, even pancakes with my characters on them xD!

...I always wanted a pancake with my character ;-;
yumeee <33

ahahaha XD how about waffles with your charas on it? XD
waffles are also good^^
xD

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Name: Murasaki

Race: Dragon

Appearant age: 18-19

Skin tone: Pale

Eye color: purple with dragon-like pupils and strange writings in a circle...like this: http://tinyurl.com/lpltr

Hair: Black with purple highlights

Body type: Thin, but he could never pass as a girl xD. Also, he has a tattoo of kanji 'batsu' <'clan'> on his right wrist. It looks like this: http://tinyurl.com/egs7q (only the sign, without the circle xD)

Face: He changes expressions very often, but usually smirks xD. Also, he covers his eyes with a purple blindfold <like on the sample pictures>.

Clothing: Decorative, but he always wears a kind of pants to his outfits, so no kimonos for him xD xD...well, maybe a hakama, but nothing that looks like a dress/skirt/whatever xD. His clothes are always black-and-purple, and from the style, traditional Korea/China/Japan/Arabia/India, or just something similar, but fantasy-style...

Weapons: In his dragon form he breathes purple fire

Personality/attitude: His personality is a bit similar to Mutare's. Very fond of himself, and very selfish...But add to it a big dose of boredom and some regretful thoughts, and you'll get an exploding mix named Murasaki...

Add-ons in the pic: Bamboos, fans, almost anything oriental, and XXXholic-styled smoke

Short story summary: An old servant of Shavris, who one day just left, and never saw his master again... Maybe one day they'll meet, but Murasaki is sure it was the last time he saw this whiny vampire...
One day, he heard a calling. A calling which he couldn't resist...which brought him to Hell Or Heaven, the citadell of new dragon Gods. To the place, where Mutare and Reira greet him, and said that he was chosen to become one of them - a new god of the reborned world...

Relationships:
With Lied:
Lied was given to Murasaki as an offering for good harvest from people. At first he didn't know what to do with him, so he just placed him in his part of the castle and mostly ignored. But after some time he got used to the boy, and, curious as he is, wanted to know him a bit better...and that totally backfired when Lied got scared, and Saki attacked him x.x. It took a LOT of time for Lied to love Murasaki, but even then he saw him as sort of a monster...
...And then was the Nitta incident. Violent, and more animal than human, the Dragon God of Light was fond of the boy, and raped him. But when he tried to do it second time, Lied, who because of a curse on his voice avoided to speak, cried for help. And Murasaki came, injuring the second dragon quite badly. Nitta's favorite, Hadi, got pretty angry because of that, and asked the Light got of a favor. He summoned one of the stars from the sky, changed it into a human, and put a spell on it to fell in love in Murasaki, wanting him to forget Lied, who Hadi saw as a cause of Nitta's injuries...

With Stareye:
Stareye is the star summoned on earth by Hadi. He doesn't have a name, and never got a real one. Later on he's just called 'star-eyed' by Murasaki, because of his shining eyes. He's the most wonderful being ever seen, graceful and pure, created in the way to grab Murasaki's attention...but it failed, since the dragon already loved Lied. Stareye had quite a pitiful life, loving someone so much, but being completely ignored....finally, his sadness combined with the spell on him, made Murasaki notice him a bit more...and that was enogh, from word to word he became fascinated with this boy...and finally, they were together. For one day, because thinking on what he had done, and how he cheated on Lied, Murasaki decided to leave. The two boys finally found him, living in one of the citioes, and mae him come home...but a wise idea, it wasn't. It didn't happen immediately, but saddened Lied commited suicide, leaving Murasaki to his rival, sure that Stareye's more suited for his beloved one, than he'll ever be. Murasaki, when saw his body, became insane for many, many years, just sitting with his body in his arms, causing firestorms around the world...and when he awoke, without a word he took the body to the roof, and change himself into the Essence of Fire, taking Lied's ashes, and leaving the material world... Stareye, who tried to stop him, was badly burned then. But what he didn't know was, a part of Murasaki's soul, that loved him, stayed behind in the God Palace...

Best art references: (Click for full view)

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Name: Lied

Race: Human

Appearant age: 19

Skin tone: Normal

Eye color: Blueish-silver...more silver than blueish...

Hair: grey, usually made in a ponytail on his neck, he also has few little braids mixed in it

Body type: slender. On his body, he has four tattoos.
1. on his tongue - [x]
2. on his right arm - [x]
3. on his left arm - *img in progress*
4. on his back - he has a text of a song, written in unknown language. The composition looks like this:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Face: almond-shaped eyes, little, picky nose....the beautiful type

Clothing: Murasaki dresses him, as he's his property...His clothes are usually very decorative, and easy to take off _^_. His clothes are always black-and-purple, and from the style, traditional Korea/China/Japan/Arabia/India, or just something similar, but fantasy-style...

Weapons: nothing

Personality/attitude: proud, easy to anger, but if it's needed, he can be very patient. Also, he's VERY jealous xD

Add-ons in the pic: Bamboos, fans, almost anything oriental, and XXXholic-styled smoke

Short story summary: He was raised in the Cult of the Word, a nomad society that believed there is magic inside words. They were quite rich...one day, they were attacked by bandits. Almost all of the clan members were killed, and the rest was sold as slaves. He became a great bard, famous of his singing talent. But his third owner, a woman, was jealous that he doesn't sing only for her, but for anyone that asks him...She cursed him in a way, that after he says a certain number of words more, he'll loose his speech for whole eternity...
His fifth owner, to thank the gods for the good harvest, sent him as a gift to the Dragon God Murasaki. At first, the god saw him only as a nuisance, but after some time they became lovers... The young boy somehow felt in love with the god, and after a long time, decided to sing a song for him...It was his most beautiful song ever, but the last word of the song was the last word of the curse, and the boy was silenced forever...

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 07:31 PM

Name: Stareye

Race: Star

Appearant age: 16/17

Skin tone: Pale

Eye color: Shining gold

Hair: Very light blonde, practically wheat-like. Not yellow xD

Body type: Slender, delicate and graceful, pulls your eyes with every move.

Face: His big, shining eyes are the first thing that catches your attention. His whole face is very beautiful and symetric.

Clothing: ...go to the refs for this one xD. I won't even TRY to explain xDDD. though, the sleeves of that coat-like thing should be loose and kimono-like xD

Weapons: ....personal charm?

Personality/attitude: Stubborn, doesn't give up too easily...a bit jealous about what's his, but to be honest, he has a bit weak personality, and becames quite unhappy with himself later.

Add-ons in the pic: Stars, golden thread, falling meteorites, night sky, etc

Short story summary: Called on this world by the Dragon God of Light upon Hadi's request, Star-eyed was fated to fell in love with Murasaki. So he did, bringing a great misfortune upon himself, and later upon this whole triangle. When his beloved one died, his world also crushed, but the ghost of Murasaki won't leave him so easily...

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 07:31 PM

ENTRIES:

Group:
[x] by Chroma
[x] by lilis
WIPS:
[x] by Navidian
[x] by Winnsome
[x] by orange

Murasaki:
[x] by Cyzzane
[x] by Keeyats
WIPS:
[x] by orange

Lied:
[x] by Rvaya
[x] by Tagia
[x] by Tagia
WIPS:

Stareye:
[x] by Kitanya
[x] by xDark_Midnightx
WIPS:
[x] by Winnsome
[x] by Winnsome
[x] by Winnsome

Dark_Maiden_Queen
All hail the queen

Old 03-14-2007, 07:40 PM

0.0 Cant wait to see what this is about darkie will hopefully join xD

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 PM

xD xD...open already xD!

Rvaya
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Oh man this is great! -writes note to remember to enter- <3

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 09:16 PM

yays xD! good luck^^

Kitanya
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2007, 10:20 PM

:O!!

Navi
Starving Artist
Send a message via AIM to Navi

Old 03-14-2007, 10:22 PM

*gasp!* I shall enter!

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 PM

>D!!!
yes please xD

Candiie
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 PM

• »I would enter but my art is horrible T^T

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-14-2007, 10:44 PM

I hope lots of people enter so Yumeh won't murder me. :D

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-14-2007, 10:45 PM

O_O I must attempt...>D

Goodness...you have such pretty arts. >_<! *could only dream of getting art from those artists!*

meredy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to meredy

Old 03-14-2007, 11:02 PM

totally planning on entering *_*

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 11:14 PM

glad to hear that^^

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 03-15-2007, 12:18 AM

yay first art contest XD <3<3<3<3

*3*

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 AM

*mutterscussesrollsonfloor*

I'm going to enter! >O

*flame eyes*
:D

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 AM

This topic is misleading, I thought it was a writing competition by it's title! *cries* XD But knowing Yumeh that would not be so! XD

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 AM

hosnap XD <3<3<3333

this is going to have a lot of contestants *3* eheh *will join as well* *hangs head* XD

Candiie
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-15-2007, 12:50 AM

• »I will join :3. Does the art have to be CGed? >.>

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-15-2007, 12:54 AM

nope, all art is welcome. sketches, traditionals, av edits, figurines, stories, poems, even pancakes with my characters on them xD!

...I always wanted a pancake with my character ;-;

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 AM

yumeee <33

ahahaha XD how about waffles with your charas on it? XD

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-15-2007, 12:56 AM

waffles are also good^^
xD