Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 AM

Seiki didn't like the fourth movie very much either. I thought it was a bit choppy, and things were definitely out of place that should have been left out so that more important things could have been put into it. I mean, it was alright, but definitely not my favorite of the movies that are out already.

However, because I am such a huge Harry Potter fan, I'm more than willing to continually watch the movies and go to the theatres six or seven times when there are new Harry Potter movies playing haha. So.. I can't wait for the fifth movie. I'm a tad worried because it is the longest book, and they're going to leave out a ton!

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 07-06-2007, 02:49 AM

To be honest, I haven't been impressed with the movies as a fan of the books. So many important details seem to be cut out. There was never an explanation for the map! That bothered me so much. And the fourth was definitely a little butchered and placed in Harry/Hermione shipping.

As a movie fan, though, I thought they were pretty ok. Plot seemed to be ok (for a movie) and the graphics were wicked. The acting tends to be a little shoddy (especially don't care for Dumbledore in the 4th movie) but it's tolerable and decent at some parts.

Seiki Nova

Old 07-10-2007, 06:40 PM

I can't wait for the midnight showing tonight! I'm so excited <3

Seiki Nova

Old 07-11-2007, 09:52 AM

I just got home from seeing this movie, and I'll tell you my excitement was for nothing. I was very, very disappointed in this movie, and David Yates did no justice to the storyline at all. I mean, he did well with the effects on the movie, but that's about it. It was poorly written, and left too much important information out that needed to be there for the viewers to see.

With all of the other movies, there seems to be some kind of spark; something that gives praise to their respected books, and while they may have their quirks, they do give a decent amount of justice. This one just killed it. I am definitely not looking forward to Yates' second installment in the series of movies.

I was also very disappointed with the lack of characters. Some characters could have been a cameo appearance for as much time as they spent in the film.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 07-11-2007, 07:18 PM

It was AMAZING.

I know they left out a lot, but this is the only one aside from SS that NAILS the storyline. There are a few minor changes otherwise, yes, but it was almost flawless in my opinion.

They had to leave out a lot, anyway. I loved the screenplay, and the score is perfect.

I'm extremely excited that Yates is doing 6, too.

Seiki Nova

Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM

But this one didn't follow the story line that well. Many things were changed that weren't in the book. It literally through in the beginning without explanation as to anything that was going on and then straight into the Order. I don't think it properly explained the order to the non-readers, and I really missed Mrs. Black. I wanted to see her. Tonks was horrible. She didn't even look like she was described in the book (but when do they ever [Daniel with his BLUE eyes; its called contacts ok?]).

Occlumency happened after the break, not before. Umbridge was not the one who found them. There was definitely not that many educational decrees. And I hated the ending. I felt it could have been so much more tasteful.

I* was very dissapointed with this movie. I'd say it was maybe a 5/10 in my opinion.

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 PM

The fourth was a great movie, if you haven't read the books. I saw it with a friend who never reads, and she loved it. I was nitpicking every little detail because I'm a pain in the ass like that.

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 PM

I wanted the ending to be different. I really, really, really was hoping that I'd get to see Ron yelling "Accio, brain!", and yet... nothing. They completely changed the fight, they completely changed everything else, and since when did Harry randomly get pain during the twins' awesome fireworks display? And where was the swamp?! And where was the yelling of "Give her hell from us, Peeves!" ?!

I was very disappointed.
Very, very disappointed.

Seiki Nova

Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshokuOsero
I wanted the ending to be different. I really, really, really was hoping that I'd get to see Ron yelling "Accio, brain!", and yet... nothing. They completely changed the fight, they completely changed everything else, and since when did Harry randomly get pain during the twins' awesome fireworks display? And where was the swamp?! And where was the yelling of "Give her hell from us, Peeves!" ?!

I was very disappointed.
Very, very disappointed.
Oh, I was so mad about the swamp. When that wasn't there, I was just like.. thanks for ruining it.

I want the dude from the third movie to come back. I liked him!

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova
Quote:

I was very disappointed.
Very, very disappointed.
Oh, I was so mad about the swamp. When that wasn't there, I was just like.. thanks for ruining it.

Oh yeah, I liked him too.
I say we boycott outside the studio, all us Harry Potter fans who wanna see all the COOL stuff in the movie, until we get our way and the movie is changed. 8D

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 AM

• I agree with you guys, I was extremely disappointed. In fact, just from the very beginning, in the first scene, I became disappointed and knew the film wasn't going to be good at all.

I mean, they changed loads of scenes that did not need changing at all, meaning it would've taken just as long and wouldn't have looked worse if they'd followed the book, they left out things that would've been brilliant on the screen and what was up with the actors?? It looked like they were all on medication and hadn't slept for a few days. Do you seriously call that acting??
    I've never liked Radcliffe much at all, but Rupert Grint, hello? I've usually liked him a lot as Ron, I thought he captured him very well, but they might as well have cut him out of this movie for all he did and said. (Apart from the 'Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon' line, which is one of my favourite lines from the book - was so glad they kept that in, at least!)
    Emma Watson was lousy, in my opinion, much lousier than in earlier movies.
    I haven't seen many movies starring Michael Gambon, but he looks like a good actor. Just.. since when did Dumbledore drawl when he speaks and since when did Dumbledore shout at students?? I really can't stand the shouty movie-Dumbledore. :/

Good points about the movie:
    Umbridge was very good in my opinion, although not exactly like I had imagined her, she got the look and that face just right. That 'I'm your friend. Talk to me. Tell me what is wrong. I am here to help you' face that scares the guts out of me. And her clothes! Ahh! xD
    Luna Lovegood. I looooooved her, she was absolutely great. Nothing more to say, except that I would've liked to see her talking about the Quibbler, especially to Skeeter.
    As usual, I loved Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith and Gary Oldman. I would have loved to see more of them though, especially Snape and McGonagall.
    I also thought Helena Bonham Carter was very good as Lestrange, and there were a few other smaller roles who I really liked. It's just that the ones doing the bigger roles didn't supply any, or little as no acting. At least I didn't see much of it. ._______.
    Edit: Oh, oh, and I really loved the notices and when Filch was nailing them to the wall. I didn't mind there were more than in the book, it was just so lovely seeing Filch clambering up the stairs to nail them up! And when he was waiting outside the door, hilarious! xD

I don't agree on what you're saying about the books though, the third book is my favourite still, but the sixth follows very close behind.

Oh, and to all of you thinking about seeing it; my friends really loved it. Maybe they just have some better way of actually seperating movie completely from book or something. If you are like me and want movies to at least follow the book somewhat closely, it is likely you'll be disappointed, I'm afraid.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 07-12-2007, 12:30 AM

Seiki- I understand why people would be upset at things being a little out of order and some things missing, but this was an almost 900 page book. Considering the sheer volume of the book and how much stuff is going on, I thought it was great. I truly enjoyed watching it.

Tonks was great, in my opinion. They almost took Kreacher out, but JKR said he'd be important in 7, so they kept him in, probably just for him to be..there. I agree with you about Daniel's blue eyes, though. They could have at least given him a green shirt. The blue made it way too obvious. I thought the ending was okay compared to the rest of the movie. I liked Harry's, "But we've got something he doesn't: Something to fight for." Because what Harry has that Voldemort is not is love, etc, etc.

Ishoku- Ah, yeah, lol. I wanted to see the brain part. And they were trying to smush together the OWLs & the fireworks, so yeah. And Peeves hasn't ever been in the movies.

I agree that some stuff should have been put in, but they still did a reeeallly good job on everything else.

ljosberinn

Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 AM

• Muggles, I was completely prepared for them skipping loads of stuff, the book is humongous and it is mostly made up of small things that aren't crucial to the storyline. But a lot of things they did in the movie, they made different from the book even though they didn't have to at all. That's what I at least didn't like. :/

Tonks was cute, although I'd imagined her differently. I was kinda shocked though when it looked as if Harry was checking her out, I imagined her quite a bit older than he.. she looked like she was the same age, or a couple of years old than he, at most. xD
    May include small spoilers: I liked Kreacher, and I loved when he muttered how he'd always be there for his mistress, it kind of gave us a peek to how he'd do anything for her.

That line in the end was waaaay too cheesy for me. Eugh, I can't stand cheesy lines like that. If he'd said 'We have loooooove', or 'We have each other', I might have just thrown up. Sorry, I just can't stand over-emotional, cheesy endings. Remind me of Disney, in a bad way. Or, rather, it reminded me of the ending of the Potter Puppet Pals' Wizard angst. xD

Oh, and the credit list was super-boring and uninteresting. o___o

Seiki Nova

Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova
Quote:

I was very disappointed.
Very, very disappointed.

Oh yeah, I liked him too.
I say we boycott outside the studio, all us Harry Potter fans who wanna see all the COOL stuff in the movie, until we get our way and the movie is changed. 8D
Totally. Anyone want to donate to Seiki's boycott funds for his plane tickets and hotel fees? DX

MRA: Well I completely understand what with it being the longest book in the series that things had to be left out, but they could have honestly added more information to it to make it more understandable. For example, you really don't hear a lot about Hagrid's trip to visit the giants. No background information. All you hear is that Hagrid went to visit the giants and the kids all asked how he would find them (He said they weren't hard to "see") haha. I honestly just think that certain things should have played a greater role in the movie that had little to do with it at all. No one even knew from the movie that Umbridge was the one who sent the dementors after Harry. Or that Harry did the interview with Rita Skeeter about the events that happened at the end of book four for the Quibbler. I find that leaving out these things made it feel very lacking. I know there were time and budget issues, but Pirates had another good 25 minutes on this one. They could have easily made it longer, and the fans would have stayed!

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 AM

I enjoyed it.
I knew there would be a lot changed from the books, and considering I just really got into the series, and just read all the books in the past 2 weeks, I noticed so many differences.

Friends of mine who haven't read the books in ages, enjoyed it far more than I did. But mainly because I had it fresh in my memory of everything from the book and how it changed.

I'm just sad that the house elfs are gone from the movie series.

Ashes
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2007, 05:34 PM

I have yet to see it, but I'm hoping I can enjoy it. I have problem with enjoying the movies, because I have a habit of nit picking, but hopefully seeing as the fifth book is one of my least favorite books out of the series, I won't be all that picky. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Luna, Umbrige, and Lestrange.

Although I'm saying all of this, I know I'll probably be disappointed on some level. From some of the stuff I read on here and some of the scenes I've already seen, I know that some of my favorite parts have either been changed or not in there at all.

Just a quick question, is Snape's memory in the film?

Seiki Nova

Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes
I have yet to see it, but I'm hoping I can enjoy it. I have problem with enjoying the movies, because I have a habit of nit picking, but hopefully seeing as the fifth book is one of my least favorite books out of the series, I won't be all that picky. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Luna, Umbrige, and Lestrange.

Although I'm saying all of this, I know I'll probably be disappointed on some level. From some of the stuff I read on here and some of the scenes I've already seen, I know that some of my favorite parts have either been changed or not in there at all.

Just a quick question, is Snape's memory in the film?
It is actually, but don't think of it as a solid stream of memory. The memories were like flashes.

Fiona
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Fiona

Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:

I was very disappointed.
Very, very disappointed.
MY GOD THEY LEFT THAT OUT?! WHAT?! NOOOO. ;; That was my favorite part in the book. Fred & George's departure. That, and the part where Peeves follows Umbridge around and makes raspberry noises whenever she tries to talk, lol..

And the "Accio, brain!" part was good too. They left it out?! ;;

Just tell me..how did Young!James, Young!Lily, Young!Sirius, and Young!Lupin look? and Young!Snape too..in Snape's worst nightmare of course..<<;

Edit: How was the..um..How was the scene where the important character (don't want to spoil anybody..<<; ) died?

Edit2: And how well did they do Tonks' transformation things?

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
Quote:

I was very disappointed.
Very, very disappointed.
MY GOD THEY LEFT THAT OUT?! WHAT?! NOOOO. ;; That was my favorite part in the book. Fred & George's departure. That, and the part where Peeves follows Umbridge around and makes raspberry noises whenever she tries to talk, lol..

And the "Accio, brain!" part was good too. They left it out?! ;;

Just tell me..how did Young!James, Young!Lily, Young!Sirius, and Young!Lupin look? and Young!Snape too..in Snape's worst nightmare of course..<<;

Edit: How was the..um..How was the scene where the important character (don't want to spoil anybody..<<; ) died?

Edit2: And how well did they do Tonks' transformation things?
///SPOILERS (book and movie)
Yeah, they left out those parts... they were my favorites as well.
James, Lily, Sirius and James looked good young, really. xP But they were only shown for an instant, really.
Um, the scene where he died... yeah, I was unimpressed. The veil was supposed to be black, right? Because it was whitish/clear. Dx It was really stupid, I disliked it. And surprisingly, despite him being my absolute favorite character in the books, I didn't even shed a single tear during that scene... and I was crying all over the book when I read it, so you can just imagine that it didn't really do him as much justice as it should have. It just... things about the movie didn't feel right. I dunno.

Tonks' transformation stuff.. um, they had her messing around a bit at the dinner table once, and they had her hair change colour once when she was mad... but other than that, I don't remember really seeing much of her at all. Depressing, really... she's so cool in the books. Dx

ljosberinn

Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Um, the scene where he died... yeah, I was unimpressed. The veil was supposed to be black, right? Because it was whitish/clear. Dx It was really stupid, I disliked it. And surprisingly, despite him being my absolute favorite character in the books, I didn't even shed a single tear during that scene... and I was crying all over the book when I read it, so you can just imagine that it didn't really do him as much justice as it should have. It just... things about the movie didn't feel right. I dunno.
  • Same here. I nearly cried my eyes out when he died in the book, I hardly noticed it in the film. Lousy.

Tonks was alright and her transfiguration was well done, but someone who hasn't read the book probably will have no idea why and how she can do it, and why it's special.
    I was prepared for the aftermath and fight in the Department of mysteries to be cut out a lot, but to cut all the rooms out? Couldn't they have kept at least one? (Like the brain room? >.>)

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljosberinn
Quote:
  • Same here. I nearly cried my eyes out when he died in the book, I hardly noticed it in the film. Lousy.

Tonks was alright and her transfiguration was well done, but someone who hasn't read the book probably will have no idea why and how she can do it, and why it's special.
    I was prepared for the aftermath and fight in the Department of mysteries to be cut out a lot, but to cut all the rooms out? Couldn't they have kept at least one? (Like the brain room? >.>)
Yeah, it's a bit depressing they didn't really touch on his death as much as they should have. I mean, wooo Harry was yelling (but you couldn't even hear it) and being held back... but that was about the extent of it really.

And, like I put for Tonks messing around at the dinner table... that's probably all it would look like to people reading the books, now that you say something about it. Sometimes I forget exactly how many details are left out of the movies and that a lot of people were just watching it and putting it down as just messing around as I said. They might not think much more of it, because in the movies everything just seems magical and like it's supposed to happen, yet in the books it all seems so much harder... if that makes sense? But then that's because in the books, so much stuff was put in so you can understand how hard it is to do magic in the world that she's drawn out for us, and how hard some spells and things really are, despite the fact that a few characters here and there can pull them off absolutely maginificently... just like Tonks and her transfiguration, and Sirius and his animagery form of the black dog.

Yeah, I was prepared for most of the stuff at the ending to be left out also, but they could've at least put more detail into what they left in... and yeah, the brain room... egads I was waiting for that so much. Rup is my favorite actor of the bunch and that would've been awesome to see him act that part, I could really see him doing it while I was reading the book through the first time. It would've been amazing. <3

Fiona
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Fiona

Old 07-13-2007, 12:59 AM

They cut that all out?! EBIL..D: <3

I bet Young!Sirius was a cutie xD <3

That's wrong..they took that stuff out..I literally was giggling for like, 20 minutes when I read the fred and george thing in the book. And it still amuses me. But SLKDFJLSKJf. THEY TOOK IT OUTTT..

...we should seriously think about that boycott thing. << Protesting. xD

DreamEmpress
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2007, 03:03 AM

Why do people always think it has to be like the book? I have known people who have translated books to movies and they say sometimes it is better not be exact because it is hard to be exact. You can't have everything you want with limited time and even money. That is why people got to stop thinking it will be just like the book. The idea is to make the world an interpritation of the book but have creative differences. It is just like if you do a fan story of your favorite book. Some concept. I am sure the writer had no problem with it and probably prefers creative differences. Complaining about it will not change the fact they did what they did. Why not judge it based on it being a movie and not being the book?

I liked it and enjoyed it. I found the acting better this time around and the storyline a little itchy on a few things but nothing that can't be solved with thinking (which people lack).

TwoStar
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to TwoStar

Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Me personally loves all harry potter movies ... and i will go and watch this in the theater... even if it is not that good like another harry potter movie... the characters and roleplayers grown to me and i like to see how they have grown up and so on^^

I allways still read the books as well... and then in the theater i am checking which parts of the books are missing in the movie muahahaha *yeah... i have nothing better to do * -.-

Oh.. and i was totally disappointed .. i thought the last book would come out in the end of this month ... but than in the radio they informed me that Harry Potter in German will come in the end of October T.T thats unfair.. my english is not good enough to read it in english O.o

-Infinate Grace-

Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 PM

I'll more than likely just wait till it comes out on DVD. I can't see spending 7-9 dollars only to end up sitting by someone who talks through the whole movie. That has happened so many times in the past that I got fed up with it. Besides, I have surround sound and a fairly large screen t.v. so it's all good. I'm also glad there is a new director directing it and from the previews I've seen, it looks like it will be awesome. To tell you the truth I personally don't like the actor they chose for Dumbledor. It was too bad that the original character they had died. The actor now in my opinion doesn't convey Dumbledor they way the books tend to. Just my opinion, but still I'm excited to be able to watch this movie and for the last Harry Potter book to come out. :D