Rosalie Thorne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2009, 12:39 AM

I am getting married December 18th of 2010 and have just started planning my wedding so I can save money. Does anyone have any cool ideas for the decorations or guest favors? I know my colors will be Sapphire blue and dark purple along with white and silver. Any suggestions would help me out a lot! Thank you!=3

SamuraiPanda
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2009, 01:03 AM

Maybe an ice sculpture of something that means a lot to you and your hubby. I think some fake snow inside falling down on the bride and groom throughout the wedding ceremony would be pretty nifty but I feel sorry for the poor fellow having to toss it lol, hell even have the walk way and pews scattered with it and have the flower girl(s) toss some along with white flowers....

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
I Will Steal Your Face.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:43 AM

Have the flower girl(s) toss fake fabric snowflakes or paper snowflakes. Find some flowers of your color scheme to decorate and...Glitter. I ove glitter... :drool:
Favors: Maybe Little Snowmen?
Congrats on getting married (soon).

:D

Last edited by Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX; 10-14-2009 at 01:46 AM..

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 10-14-2009, 03:04 AM

Omg you should do a snowflake theme for your reception. You should have wintery songs to. It would be beuitiful to do it that way

T w i s t e d h a l o
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 AM

Maybe you can give your guests tiny snow globes with a miniature you and your future husband in them?

Congratulations by the way!

Kristal
Next time i'm beating him for a ...

Old 10-14-2009, 03:27 AM

I don't know about the ice sculpture. that would cost a lot. but the fake snow sounds good. all so dim the room and add white christmas lights.and dont just string them up. hide the cords with something. white flowers.snow flakes just something.you can put them on the sides of the isle you walk down too. It would be cute. What i did in my room was wrapped fake ivy around lights like that. its looked really cool wrapped around my canopy bed posts diagonaly. For gifts not too sure...

but heres some more ideas that i found on the net.

http://www.brides.com/package/winter...121#slide_6134

http://www.brides.com/package/winter...137#slide_3140

http://www.americanbridal.com/winter...ng-favors.html

http://weddingservicesreceptions.sui...ng_favor_ideas

Theres some stuff to get you started.

Last edited by Kristal; 10-14-2009 at 03:38 AM..

Rosalie Thorne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2009, 06:30 PM

Thanks everyone. :)Thanks for all the great ideas! I really appreciate them! You all have a great sense of style! Have a great day!

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 10-14-2009, 06:34 PM

Set up an account on StumbleUpon and add "weddings" to your interests and it'll refer you to a ton of sites with ideas and resources! That's how I've done all of my wedding planning so far, and I've been able to cut a lot of things out of my budget that way!

juliannaaa
FIRETRUCK, FIRETRUCK.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:16 AM

I have a couple of friends who got married last year around Christmastime, and what they did for decorations was the year before, right after Christmas, stocked up on ornamants in their wedding colors, aqua and silver. They got a few trees (whether they were fake or real I couldn't say) and decorated them for the reception hall.

Underneath the tree, they did fake presents in their wedding colors as well, and I thought it was the cutest thing!

Here's a link to their wedding website with a ton of pictures!

Tsukipon
spookie ghostie

Old 10-15-2009, 12:35 AM

I do!

I can't expalin exactly but there should be white fluff of the dress & tuxedo !
White leavel-less trees
Snow flakes
Ice sculpture provided by catering or something like that

Now I want to get married.

Mirielle195
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 AM

Have you set a budget yet? That would definantly help. While I've never been to a winter wedding, I watch wedding shows all the time. Have you thought about using blue, white, and violet Christmas lights? That might work in some way and it be cheap.

iSteve
Art connoisseur
Send a message via AIM to iSteve

Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 AM

Have the cake decorator make the cake look like a giant snowy mountain, and you and spouse on top of it, in fur-clad wedding attire, and have various snow-items on the mountain, perhaps icecles, ect. ect.

also: Bowl of Ice for punch and things at the reception, liquid dispensing ice sculpture, melted sugar "ice" treats, ect.

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to dianakitsune

Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 AM

Snow flakes! You should hang them from the ceiling, that would be beautiful! You could make snowflake cupcakes or snowman cookies. Gingerbread men would be super cute! You could even make a gingerbread house!

Rosalie Thorne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2009, 02:55 AM

Wow you guys are geniuses!!! I've looked online a little and haven't found anything nearly as good as what you describe! Thanks so very much. :)

amulet
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-15-2009, 03:10 AM

lots of cool icy stuff like snowflakes and shiz

Rosalie Thorne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2009, 03:10 AM

I'm contemplating have a wedding dress with sheer sleeves, having a faux fur cape, or some sort of white bridal jacket thing for when I am outside because It will definitely get cold. What do you think?=3

Mirielle195
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2009, 03:33 AM

That be perfect. Where do you live btw? And this might be a little corny, but you can always add a touch of mistletoe somewhere hehe.

Rosalie Thorne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2009, 04:03 AM

Mirielle195: I live in Indiana. :3 I like the mistletoe idea! very cute. Thanks!

Cherish
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalie Thorne View Post
I'm contemplating have a wedding dress with sheer sleeves, having a faux fur cape, or some sort of white bridal jacket thing for when I am outside because It will definitely get cold. What do you think?=3
I think that sounds like a great idea!
A friend of mine got married in December, and his wife wore a floor-length burgundy velvet cape with a loose hood.
It protected her dress and her hair from the rain outside, and the little rain drops sat on the surface of the fabric and looked all sparkly, instead of seeping through. It was gorgeous (and practical)!

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 10-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Sounds like it'll be beautiful. I think maybe slightly sparkling white table clothes would be cool. maybe purple flowers on the table, and blue crystals in a glass jar..oh and then put the purple flowers in the glass jar with the sapphire stones. Sounds pretty.. *thinks*

also maybe some fake fur trim on the bottom of the table clothes. Have the chairs be white, decorated with blue or purple sparkly ribbons.

Eh, just some random ideas I had ^^ sounds fun. Planning for a wedding and all. Have you picked out your dress yet?

Rosalie Thorne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2009, 07:22 PM

OoooOooh! I really like the velvet cape idea! sounds pretty! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyumi_saito View Post
Sounds like it'll be beautiful. I think maybe slightly sparkling white table clothes would be cool. maybe purple flowers on the table, and blue crystals in a glass jar..oh and then put the purple flowers in the glass jar with the sapphire stones. Sounds pretty.. *thinks*

also maybe some fake fur trim on the bottom of the table clothes. Have the chairs be white, decorated with blue or purple sparkly ribbons.

Eh, just some random ideas I had ^^ sounds fun. Planning for a wedding and all. Have you picked out your dress yet?
Not yet...still working on that. I live in a really small town so there aren't a lot of bridal boutiques around. I will have to wait until I have a day off of school and work to go to Indy and look around. :) good ideas by the way!

Dream Weaver
wandering echo
Send a message via MSN to Dream Weaver

Old 10-17-2009, 03:36 AM

Lighted icesicles in all different colors. I saw lights that looked like dripping icesicles that changed colors on a cruise ship and they were the prettiest lights Ive ever seen. And white table clothes with silver and blue glitter sprinkled on them. Silver bells and bows on the backs of the chairs. Make the room have shimmering drapes that make it look like an ice cave and a fountain.

Shooga!
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Google unique winter weddings and you'll come up with loads of hits. If I were getting married I would have an outdoor wedding on the street infront of my house, I would block off traffic and get a snow machine and line chairs along. Plus I would have a fancy arch to get married under. Thats what I am planning for my wedding, we were discussing last night, just throwing it out there. We may get married in 2012.

Goldenlici
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 PM

First of all, congratulations. I love the idea of a winter wedding. I think it would be really unique if you could incorporate some kind of snowing effect during your wedding, like having small white flower petals falling or thrown down the aisles so it looks like you are walking in snowfall.