View Poll Results: What do you think of the world?
It's a wonderful place, full of sunshine and flowers! 4 33.33%
It could be better. 7 58.33%
It sucks, and I want to die. x_x 2 16.67%
Humans are stupid. 6 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Early Bird Special
Yeah, I'm one of the cool kids.
Send a message via AIM to Early Bird Special

Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 AM

Ɯƺƪɔʘɱɕ ƭʘ ƭɧɕ ƜʘɌȽɊ.

It's an ugly, scary place out there.

Every day, it seems, you turn on the news and hear about rape, violence, shootings, drugs, and serial killers.

Children die in hospitals from diseases every day.

People are irresponsible. We're killing our planet, killing each other, and killing ourselves because of mistakes and habits that we're too lazy to fix.

We, at the Organization for Change through Rehabilitation - OCR for short - would like to change that.

That's why we're offering sixteen children the chance to experience the good things the world has to offer and learn what they can do to make things better. Children are our future, after all; and the world they've inherited isn't very nice.

We are currently offering paid positions as 'test subjects' to:

-One girl and one boy, between the ages of sixteen and eighteen.-
-Two girls and two boys, between the ages of thirteen and fifteen.-
-One girl and two boys, between the ages of ten and twelve.-
-Two girls and one boy, between the ages of seven and nine.-

*Note: Test subjects will not be experimented upon through use of drugs, surgeries, or any other inhumane treatments. Experiments will merely be educational and observational.*

Ɯƺƪɔʘɱɕ ƭʘ ƭɧɕ ƜʘɌȽɊ.

A Note on Dorms, from Birdie to You:

You can assign whatever random numbers you want to the dorms, whatever.

BUT.

They are co-ed: Girls on one side, boys on the other. Age groups go together, and a thick curtain goes in-between.

Thanks!

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 02-06-2010 at 04:28 PM..

Early Bird Special

Old 01-25-2010, 05:04 AM

ɌƲƪɕϨ

1. Follow the T.O.S.
2. No god-modding.
3. The people who run the place are the GOOD GUYS. No turning this into a horror RP!
4. Learn and grow to be a better person.
5. If you're going to be gone for a while, let me know, please! Failure to post for more than 7 days (1 week) will result in blacklisting and removal from this roleplay!
6. Don't just leave without letting anyone know you're going! Just use OOC marks to let them know you're leaving. Example: ((Brb dinner!)) will suffice.
7. Also, if you're planning on leaving for the day, please make your CHARACTER leave as well. It's not nice to make the whole roleplay stop, just because you're not there!
8. PM profiles to me.
9. Time-skips are totally allowed here!
10. Have fun!

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 01-25-2010 at 05:15 AM..

Early Bird Special

Old 01-25-2010, 05:04 AM

ᶐϾϾɕρƭɕɊ ρгʘғӀƪɕϨ

My name is: Elizabeth Dunsone-Agnovic
I'm a: Girl.
I am 16 years old.
I like: Peace, happiness, art, and music.
I don't like: War, drama, or destruction.
I'm here because: My parents have always been away, as long as I've known. They're missionaries, and every year, they're off saving the world in some country, and I'm stuck alone with my grandmother. Last year, however, my grandmother died. I was very sad... And so were my parents. They were planning to send me to boarding school... Until they saw the OCR's ad. Luckily, I get to keep the money I earn from it, and it looks like a lot of fun!
My mommy is: Early Bird Special
I look like this: [x]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesTheHeretic
My name is: Samantha (Sam)
I'm a: Girl
I am 12 years old.
I like: Animals, Fall/Autumn, learning, exploring
I don't like: Being wrong, being stuck inside, being told what to do.
I'm here because: my parents are stupid. My moms always traveling, and dad is boring. They think I'm spoiled, so they want me to come here and learn about the rest of world, and some stupid thing about hard work. S'not like we need the money or anything, they just wanna "expand my world views". Like I say, stupid.
My mommy/daddy is: BonesTheHeretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique Doll
My name is: Alexander Emorate Mercer
I'm a: boy
I am seventeen years old.
I like: video games, reading, music, and sweets.
I don't like: being in one place for too long, small spaces, authority, or dogs.
I'm here because: in middle school, I got mixed up into things I guess I really shouldn't have. Drugs and small time crimes like shop lifting and trespassing. Nothing really too violent, except when I tried to run from the cops once. That's a different story, I wont get into. Well, my parents forced me into rehab and when I finally got out, finally clean again, I couldn't really find a way to be happy. Or nice for that matter. My temper finally got the best of my family and eventually my shrink told them about this place. My parents didn't even think twice about sending me. The worst part is that I didn't have a single choice in the matter. I guess you take what life hands you, no matter how crappy it might me.
My mommy is: Antique Doll
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenGe
My name is: Zach Stoweman
I'm a: boy
I am: eight years old.
I like: sleep, quiet, safety and peace
I don't like: noise, disruption, unplanned things
I'm here because: Zach is a kid who enjoys sleep. Thinks there is nothing better than resting. He also has a love for wandering off to strange places but doesn’t explore that which he deems as dangerous. There are few things he feels as dangerous in this world. He was born from a teenage mother who left him to foster care. His foster mother grew bored of him and the foster care decided to leave him here
My mommy/daddy is: LenGe

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 02-10-2010 at 01:49 AM..

Early Bird Special

Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 AM

Ɯɕ ᶐɌɕ ɲʘƜ ᶐϾϾɕρƭӀɲʛ ᶐρρƪӀϾᶐƭӀʘɲϨ.

Skellies:

Code:
My name is: [COLOR="Your Color"][duhness][/COLOR]
I'm a: [COLOR="Your Color"][boy/girl][/COLOR]
I am [COLOR="Your Color"][this][/color] old.
I like: [COLOR="Your Color"][these things][/color]
I don't like: [COLOR="Your Color"][these things][/color]
I'm here because: [COLOR="Your Color"][what happened before; SHORT bio][/color]
My mommy/daddy is: [COLOR="Your Color"][your username][/color]
I look like this: [picture - anime please!]
Example:

My name is: Elizabeth Dunsone-Agnovic
I'm a: Girl.
I am 16 years old.
I like: Peace, happiness, art, and music.
I don't like: War, drama, or destruction.
I'm here because: My parents have always been away, as long as I've known. They're missionaries, and every year, they're off saving the world in some country, and I'm stuck alone with my grandmother. Last year, however, my grandmother died. I was very sad... And so were my parents. They were planning to send me to boarding school... Until they saw the OCR's ad. Luckily, I get to keep the money I earn from it, and it looks like a lot of fun!
My mommy is: Early Bird Special

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 01-25-2010 at 06:05 AM..

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!
Send a message via MSN to BonesTheHeretic

Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 AM

Sam bit her lip surreptitiously, looking up at the slightly unfriendly looking building. She didn't really want to be here, but if there were the other kids her age that her father had promised there was, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. She gave him a nervous little smile as they walked inside together, which quickly transformed into a scowl when he raised an eyebrow at her false confidence.

"Don't worry, Sammybear. I wouldn't bring you here if I thought you would hate it. It'll be fun, trust me!" Her father laughed at the clearly disbelieving look on her face.

Sam winced theatrically at the nickname, then picked up her pace, near running to the desk where she thought she was supposed to check in, licked her dry lips, and rang the bell. After a few seconds of nervous impatience, a harried looking man slid into the chair on the other side of the desk and smiled at her.

"Hello there, I'm Mike. You're here for the OCR, correct?"

Sam nodded quickly, and glanced back at her father. She had never been good at talking to people. He came up behind her and addressed the man, Mike, with a hand on her shoulder.

"That's right, this is Samantha. Looks like this will be an interesting experience for the kids, this program of yours."

Mike consulted something on his computer breifly, nodding distractedly. Eventually, he waved them by, pointing them to the living quarters where she would be staying.
-

In what was to be her room, Sam fidgeted. This would be goodbye for a year, not including visits. Sure, her parents where lame, but she was having second thoughts about a year alone. She took a breath, hugged her father, and promptly kicked him out.

This was her room now.

Early Bird Special

Old 02-03-2010, 03:03 AM

((I'm going to wait for maybe one or two more posts before I join in... Writer's block... :/ ))

Antique Doll
The Zombinator >:U
Send a message via Yahoo to Antique Doll

Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 AM

Emorate glared at the floor. He'd arrived about an hour ago, actually early in getting there. He would've personally preferred having been late but it seemed that his parents were just all too ready to drop him off and leave him. As was supposed to, they brought him in, had him checked in at the front desk. They even helped him carry his bags up to the room he had be assigned. However, it seemed as though they had better things to do. Barely having given him a goodbye. They hugged his neck, his mother kissed his cheek and they were gone without another word. A shallow sigh escaped his lips as he sat at the foot of his new bed, too firm if you were to ask him. His deep gray eyes surveyed the room, looking for some sign of entertainment but it seemed there had been absolutely none. His bags were exactly where they'd been left and so was he.

He wondered what kinds of things he'd be required to do here, what kind of people he would meet. He didn't care, he was homesick already. If he had to shut himself off to the world, he would've rather have been in his own home to do it. Another thing that continued to cross his mind was what type of trouble he would get into while he was there. What kinds of things he would refuse to do, what they would ask from him. He wasn't the type to open up to people, if anything he was going to close it all off. Close it off and lock up everything inside him, aside from his anger and hatred for having been sent to such a place as this. For having been ripped from his home and the few friends he still had back home. Ones that in imagined wouldn't be there when he got back. And that was one thing that really scared him.

Early Bird Special

Old 02-04-2010, 02:53 AM

Eda roamed the halls of the OCR, looking for her room. Sixteen through Eighteen, read the note card in her hand. Dorm number four - Female side, quarter One. She liked how all of the numbers in the note had been carefully spelled out, written in a nice, pleasant script that wasn't too neat or too messy. She was liking this place already...

That is, until she saw a boy sitting on one of the four beds in her dorm.

"Excuse me?" she asked him, interrupting his reverie - or whatever it was he was doing. "Isn't this supposed to be a girls' dorm?"

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 02-05-2010 at 04:16 AM..

Antique Doll

Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 AM

Alexander's eyes gradually wondered upward until they were fixed on a stranger girl who'd entered the room. As far as he knew, he was in the right place. He felt it would have been completely careless if his parent's had simply led him to a room just to hurry and get away. However at this point, it wouldn't have surprised him in the slightest bit. "I guess that would all depend on what room number this is and whether my parents were just trying to get rid of me," he gave a single dull laugh and lifted a sheet of paper that his mother had left in the middle of the bed. "Is this dorm number five?" he questioned, releasing a deep sigh before he looked up to the girl with a lifted eyebrow. Upon looking back down on the paper, his hair fell into his face.

Early Bird Special

Old 02-04-2010, 07:43 PM

"No," she said, puzzled. "This is dorm number four. Dorm number five should be..." She looked across the hall, but there were no rooms there. She looked up and down the corridor, trying to find it - But to no avail. "That's funny," she said, shaking her head slightly. "I don't get it - There are only even numbers out here..." She started pacing the room, as though the answer was written on the wall...

And there it was. A number five, crisp, clean, and precise - On the far end of the room. She looked at the slip of paper in her hand. "Female side." She had been wondering what that meant...

"Um..." she exchanged glances with the boy. "I think that we're both right - Dorms four and five are both in this room." She noticed a series of metal circles suspended from the ceiling, with a heavy green curtain draped from them and tied to either end of the room. "And, I think that that curtain's supposed to be our divider." She gulped. It wasn't exactly co-ed, but it was pretty close - Too close for her comfort level. She sighed deeply, flopping down on her bed and staring at the ceiling awkwardly.

"Is it just me, or are these the oddest living accommodations ever?" she mused.

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 02-04-2010 at 07:45 PM..

Antique Doll

Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 PM

Alexander was revealed that his parents hadn't screwed him in such a way. However, it was a little awkward having to find such a thing out on their own. His eyes flowed her's up to the certain. He sat in silence for a moment, debating on whether to pull the curtain shut right away or to just leave it be. "Maybe if my parent's had known about this before hand, they wouldn't have left me here," he laughed, then fell back on the bed. They remained on the ceiling for the time being, until he let them move to look out the window. He was lucky enough to get a bed on the far side of the wall, right next to the window. The only down side to that was that the light may wake him. Then again, the foot of his bed was near the window and his head was away from it. He could live with that. "Any idea when they're supposed to feed us?" he asked, not looking directly to the girl but staying fixated on the sky through the window.

Early Bird Special

Old 02-05-2010, 04:10 AM

"I don't know," Eda said, half-mumbling in the stagnant awkwardness. She got up from her bed and went over to his, hoping to break the ice a little. "If you want, we could go find out." She smiled warmly, hoping that he would accept. After all, if they were going to live together, they might as well be friends. If there's any drama here, she thought. I might just hit the self-destruct button.

Antique Doll

Old 02-05-2010, 04:59 AM

Alexander was silent for a moment, his eyes turning to look at the girl who had approached his bed. Well, she was being nice enough so he saw no point in being rude, or a jerk. If they were technically going to be roomies, he didn't want to start a war that was unneeded. "Well, I don't see why not," he stated, pushing himself up from his bed, then forcing his hair away from his face. "It'd probably be a decent idea to get to know the place better too, considering we'll be trapped here for quite some time," Alex said, sticking his hands into his green hoodie pockets. "And if we get lost, it'd be much easier to figure out where the hell we're supposed to be going," he added, before making his way for the door. He'd realized that neither of them had yet to offer up their names and so, Alex decided to go ahead and do the honors, "My names, Alexander by the way. You can call me Alex or Xander, that's what my friends knew me by."

LenGe
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 AM

Zach bit his lips. The social care worker that was walking beside his held his hands to tightly. It hurt. The lady looked down at him and held on tighter, digging her fingernails into his hand. "Honestly you, running off into the streets like that," she complained. Zach looked down on the pavement as they walked. My name is Zach, not you, he thought. Seeing the many cracks on the sidewalk, Zach decided to amuse himself and hopped around the cracks. The social worker stopped and turned to face him. Zach stopped hopping and looked at her solemly. Her hair was messy and she looked like she needed a good dose of coffee. Leaning in at Zach, the lady gave him a angry face. "I am tired," she said slowly ", you have been a nuisance for me. I had to pick you up when another foster family said no, search for you through the subway and I nearly got pushed into the tracks while doing so. Now" she reached up and shook his shoulders ", I want you to behave and stop hopping around." Zach nodded; he didn't want to make her angry and he obediantly fell into step beside her. Matching his strides with her long legs and making sure that his left foot steps at the same beat as hers. They finally arrive at the place where she said that he'll stay. The building looked ordinary and there were no paper cut outs of happy suns or animals. This wasn't a school building. She went inside and Zach craned his head around to look at his surroundings. There were offices and white washed walls. It reminded him of the hospital mixed with an office building that the social worker worked at.

The lady smiled at several men in suits and chatted with them. Zach was sitting perfectly still on a plastic chair, waiting for her to come back and tell him what has been decided of his life. He had remembered what his old fostermother. Chin in, back straight, and chest forward. The men she was chatting with looked friendly. However, so did the social worker and Zach had seen what a scary face she could make. He decided not to trust the smiling men. The adults looked over at him and the social lady took them over to him.

"Zach honey," she bent over and said in such a sweet voice, that Zach's eyes grew round with surprise. "these nice uncles here will take care of you from now on, your stuff will arrive later today. There will be other kids here so you won't be lonely and you'll have new friends to make." She looked at him in a face that told him that he should be encouraged but Zach's mind was still in confusion. This wasn't a foster home, why was he here. She got up and Zach slid off his chair. Gesturing towards the uncles, she nudged him with her fingers. Zach walked towards them and the man with the clipboard took his shoulder with a firm grasp. Zach was frightened of the weight on his shoulder, these two adults were strong and he could feel it, especially from the one that held him. He looked back at the doorway. The social lady was already leaving and she didn't look back, much less wave goodbye. Zach looked back forward. They turned and were walking through a long hall. There were many curtains, one was pulled open to reveal a bed and a window. The men patted Zach's head and turned to leave. "Welcome to your new home." Zach didn't look back at them until he heard their footsteps fade. Turning his head around, he saw that no one else was coming. Approaching towards the nearest bed, Zach laid down and shifted himself, trying to find a comfortable position and rest himself from his long day.

Last edited by LenGe; 02-05-2010 at 11:18 AM..

Early Bird Special

Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 AM

Eda smiled. "My name is Elizabeth Dunsone-Agnovic," she said. "But you can just call me Eda - It's my initials." She started out the door, looking down a long hallway that never seemed to end. "I guess this is a start." She shrugged and started walking down the hall, examining the Victorian-style wallpaper and many mirrors as she went. This place was supposed to be some kind of facility, but to her it just seemed like an old house. "I guess this is a start." she remarked casually.

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 02-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Kate sighed as the car pulled up to the front of the building. She looked over at her foster mom, "I'm not sure I can do this," she told her softly. Her foster mom patted her on the head. "Don't worry hun, your strong and it will help you." Kate nodded and opened the car door. "Guess I'll see you later then." She began walking up the side walk and into the building.
It took her a long time before she found the hallway where the dorms were. She remembered that her number was six because she kept saying it over and over again in her head. When she got to her dorm she couldn't help but notice a large curtain that seemed to act as a wall in the room. She wanted to turn it back to see what was behind it but she felt that she wasn't supposed to so she let it be.
She felt awkward just sitting in her room so she got up and decided to take a look around. When she got out in the ha she say two kids about her age so she decided to introduce herself. She walked up to them and gave a little wave. "Hey, my names Kate," she told them with a half-hearted smile.

April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 02-14-2010, 07:51 PM

The amateur map she made before leaving home actually worked.

Mohana gripped her backpack tighter and let out a low whistle as she stood before the building. A harried-looking woman and young boy caught her attention. They were going into that place too but the look on the kid's face was giving her second thoughts. Maybe she shouldn't..

'No. I can't back out now,' the redhead thought to herself. She paced around a bit chanting "I can do this, I can do this" over and over in her head, until finally she let her feet walk themselves to the door.

"Oof, sorry!"

The same lady from just now had come almost-flying out, knocking her over. She didn't even say anything, much less offer to help the younger girl up before disappearing around the corner.

"Rude much.." Mohana muttered, rubbing her sore backside.

"You okay, kiddo?" came a voice from behind her. Apparently someone from inside saw what happened. This place probably wasn't so bad after all. "Here lemme help you up."

Mohana gratefully accepted the older man's help and, after dusting herself off, she followed him inside. She watched as he made his way behind the only desk in the room.

"Am I to assume you're here for OCR? Where are your parents?"

"They couldn't make it. I mean, they're busy working all day and I didn't want to make trouble. Coming by myself.. er.. this way it's sort of like a life experience, right? Haha.."

"I see, well it's great to see such a young one taking the initiative," he said with a hint of suspicion still in his voice. Regardless he asked for her name and other information she knew he'd need. It was all written in the brochure she kept safe in her bag. Mohana almost sighed in relief when he pointed to the side hallway and told her to go on in.

"Ah," she said, stopping in mid-step. "When do we get to eat?"

The man gave her a weird half-amused look but thankfully didn't ignore the question.

"It's just about 4:30 in the afternoon.. so not for another hour and a half. The cafeteria is also down that hallway, but take the first right and then a left. You can't miss it."

"Thanks, um.."

"It's Mike."

"Thanks Mike! See you later!" Mohana waved as she ran off, passing the big sign that said "Cafeteria". She had to hold in a laugh and a facepalm. No wonder he said that.

[Sorry I borrowed 'Mike' for a bit, Bones. xD]

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!

Old 02-15-2010, 02:03 AM

((S'okay. I made him to be borrowed ^_^))

Samantha frowned at the floor, kicking her heels. If only she had someone to talk to. She was alone in the dorm, unfortunately. Chewing her lip, she weighed her options. She wasn't sure what the rules were, and perhaps they weren't allowed outside, but if anyone accused her she could always say she didn't know. And for once, it would be true. Making up her mind, Sam slid off the bed, dumping her backpack and sliding her shoes on. It was pretty bland outside, but surely it would be better then being cooped up here. She pulled the door open, trying to remember the way to the front door.

Eventually Sam turned left, looking around nervously. She would go to the reception area, duck down under the desk if there was anyone there, and make her (temporary) escape. As she was planning, she missed the hallway she was meant to take, and instead found herself in a large white room. Okay... this is not right... Swallowing, she glanced around. Cafeteria? No, definitely not where she was supposed to be. Sighing, she made her way out again, only to find herself executing a swift side step as an older girl barreled past.

"Woah! Hey, watch it!"

((I think Mohana's older?? Your profile's not up yet))

Last edited by BonesTheHeretic; 02-15-2010 at 05:15 AM..

April

Old 02-15-2010, 04:34 AM

[Yup, she's older but not by much. Here, I'll just post my profile with the hide tags. I'll take it away once Birdie updates. xD]

SPOILERX

My name is: Mohana 'Eve' Slagle
I'm a: Girl
I am fourteen years old.
I like: Snow ; Cake ; Cute things/animals ; Being clean and organized.
I don't like: Pink ; Boys ; Syringes ; Messy things, places, or people.
I'm here because: I wanted to be. I know my parents care and all.. but this is my chance to make a difference. If one day it will save their lives and the lives of others, why should I not be here? I can't just sit by and let myself be sheltered. Plus I get paid for it! I'm sure that will help my parents and siblings get along without me for a while.
My mommy/daddy is: April

"HOLY MOTHER OF--!!"

Mohana skidded to a halt and fell backwards for the second time that day, sliding a few inches before finally stopping with a soft 'thud'. Her head just hit the wall.

"Ohhh craaaa-ouch!" she yelped, finding herself sprawled out on the hopefully-clean floor. She got the feeling that this kind of thing would be a normal occurrence from now on. The thought of a mini-her doing this repeatedly was so funny and sad at the same time that she burst out laughing.

Well the laughing didn't last long.

'My stomach.. ughhhh. I'm too hungry for this..' she whined as she pulled herself up, surprised when she saw someone out of the corner of her eye. "Wha..?"

Gray eyes met blue and for some reason Mohana saw stars and floaty-hearts.

"C-cute.." she said out loud, making googly eyes. The next second she was nuzzling the life out of the braided younger girl.

Last edited by April; 02-15-2010 at 06:01 AM..

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 AM

((Uhmmmm when did Sam grab Mohana's hands?))

"Waah!" Sam tried to pull backwards and away from the weird kid who had her arms around her. Oh god... she knew coming to this place had been a bad idea. She pushed at the girl, twisting slightly and trying to kick her in the shins.

"What the hell-! What the hell are you doing?!" Maybe she was in trouble? Maybe somehow they knew she was trying to sneak outside? What if she was being arrested??

"Look- look I didn't know, I swear no one told me! Please don't arrest me!"

April

Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 AM

[Ah! I thought I changed that before I posted it. xD *Edits.*]

The older redhead's eyes watered.

In her attempt to dodge a well-aimed kick from the girl she 'assaulted' Mohana had tripped on her backpack and gracelessly toppled over again. She'd forgotten that it slid off somewhere when she fell earlier. Someone up there was probably unhappy with her or something. This was getting to be too much for just her first day here.

"I'm sorry!" she exclaimed as soon as she realized what the small one was freaking out about. "I couldn't help myself, it's a habit I picked up from my mom!"

'Why would anyone want to arrest this cute, adorable, cuddly, yummy-looking cupcake of a sweetie pie!?'

Sometimes Mohana had to wonder how she wasn't puking after just thinking all of that.

'Mom, what the heck did you do to me..' she thought to herself with a grimace. Instead of dwelling on it further she returned to the current awkward situation, getting back up and smoothing out her clothes-- Yet another habit she inherited.

"Er.. calm down. No one's going to arrest you, silly~" Mohana told the girl, extending a friendly hand. "I'm really sorry about just now. My name's Mohana, but I somehow got the nickname 'Eve' so you can call me that if you want. Nice to meet you."

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!

Old 02-15-2010, 03:23 PM

Sam tried to hide her relief as the older girl released her, though she shuddered slightly at the lengthy description of her cuteness. Jeezus... what a stupid thing to think. 'Course she wasn't gonna arrest me.

Biting her lip to stifle the laughter that tried to emerge as the girl tripped and fell to the ground for the second time that she had seen, Sam listened, still wary.

"Umm. Nice to meetcha too. I guess. Your mom randomly jump people often?"

She glanced around as she spoke, hoping no one had over heard her being referred to as a 'cupcake of a sweetie-pie'.

"I'm Sam. Uh, Samantha." She awkwardly took the other redhead's hand and shook it lightly, toying with the change in her pocket with her other hand as she thought of something to say.

"You, um, hungry? Wanna get something from one of the vending machines?"