Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 PM

My dishes dry themselves in a drying rack. ^^;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I am! It's because my mum is visiting tomorrow and I have to make the house look nice so she doesn't act all grossed out lol.
lol I always do that - clean up for company XD

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Zig just finished doing the dishes.
I started cleaning up my room - I'm like half way through *distracted by mene* XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM

Haha, I'm doing the same thing. I've got a few garments to hand wash that are just sitting soaking in the sink because I'm distracted by Mene.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Haha, I'm doing the same thing. I've got a few garments to hand wash that are just sitting soaking in the sink because I'm distracted by Mene.
haha mene is such a distraction D: XDD

I get a little bit done, come back. Go to more, come back XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM

Haha, that's the way!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Haha, that's the way!
haha exactly!

Gotta concentrate on my lessons for the week soon though - don't know what I'll teach if I don't do it today XD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 06:08 PM

I got super distracted. I'm sorry.
Maria, I love your pixel works so much! Makes me want to do pixel art too. :O So gorgeous!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM

@ Maria: What do you teach?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
I got super distracted. I'm sorry.
Maria, I love your pixel works so much! Makes me want to do pixel art too. :O So gorgeous!
Aw thank you soo much <333 I'm really still learning - I just started pixelling about a year ago but it is SO much fun!

You should try it out sometime and if you do - you could try making clothes for mene in this subforum here: Pixel workrooms - Menewsha

Clothing from this forum is being put into the newbie emporium shop when it's finished :)

Quote:
@ Maria: What do you teach?
I teach general music to grades Pre-K through 8th grade. It's an elementary/middle school. I also teaching musical theatre to middle school and chorus.

I would love to be in just an elementary school though - 9 grades to prepare for is a bit crazy XXD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Yeah, it sounds like it! What was the subject of your last lesson?

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 06:20 PM

You're welcome! And I think I will, this sounds really fun! :D Thanks.

I miss music classes so much. My mom never let me get any outside the obligatory ones in school, because she couldn't afford it. Maybe when I have my own life I can learn an instrument or something.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM

Wow, I've never gone to look at that pixel area of the forums. Some of those items look really great! I'm happy to see some people playing with the Atlantis color. It's my favorite and we haven't had any new items of that color recently.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it sounds like it! What was the subject of your last lesson?
Well each grade is on different levels.....4th and 5th are doing "recorder karate" and they learn new notes and when they pass a song they get a karate belt for their recorder ( and the looove it).

1st and 2nd grade are really working on their reading of rhythms (though they don't really know it's learning lol)...1st grade is doing a tremendous job (2nd grade is actually behind them) and they are working on rests and reading everything aloud.

middle schoolers are working on sight reading melodic passages. And I'm teaching them "Somebody I used to know" for orff instruments (xylophones, glockenspiels, etc ) and they are having a ton of fun. Plus they learn about a new composer each week XD

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:
You're welcome! And I think I will, this sounds really fun! :D Thanks.

I miss music classes so much. My mom never let me get any outside the obligatory ones in school, because she couldn't afford it. Maybe when I have my own life I can learn an instrument or something.
music lessons can be expensive but it's an investment to be honest...at least it was for me because I always knew I wanted to go into music...my mom was a music teacher so that helped :P

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Wow, I've never gone to look at that pixel area of the forums. Some of those items look really great! I'm happy to see some people playing with the Atlantis color. It's my favorite and we haven't had any new items of that color recently.
Atlantis is just a hard palette to work with because most palettes are a shade of a color... but palettes like atlantis and plum mix colors. Atlantis mixing light blue and green and plum mixing purple and red XD

That's the forum I started pixelling in :D

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM

It sounds like you're a really good teacher! It's good when teachers teach in a way that is fun and interesting.

Yeah, I can see why a lot of people would stay away from those colors, especially when they're just starting out.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
It sounds like you're a really good teacher! It's good when teachers teach in a way that is fun and interesting.

Yeah, I can see why a lot of people would stay away from those colors, especially when they're just starting out.
My kids are always thanking me because they had fun in my class. They said their old teacher used to make them sit and read books about music and fill out papers all the time...which to me is super lame.

Obviously having evidence of their learning is important but the paper shouldn't be the star of the lesson!

The first item I made that was accepted into that newbie shop was the mina scarf....which I used plum for that palette. We tried recoloring it to other palettes and it wouldn't work because the plum was just so weird...it had to be shaded a certain way to work for plum but wouldn't work for other palettes XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:36 PM

All too many teachers teach like that. Read this passage, fill out this worksheet. It's so lame. The more interesting a lesson is, the easier it is to retain the information.

I remember that item! I actually have it but since I don't really have any other plum items I haven't used it yet.

How do you actually recolor things? I've been wondering how that works. If you need to start with a sort of greyscale base or what.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 PM

Yea, I'm just kidding myself, I probably won't be able to afford it either. hehe

I don't know, those colours actually sound more fun, to me. xD

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha
Send a message via MSN to Ace Strife

Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post

I make a lot of stuff for them - paintings and crafts and stuff <3 those are the best gifts :D
I wish I could do them but I got no talent on that side

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
All too many teachers teach like that. Read this passage, fill out this worksheet. It's so lame. The more interesting a lesson is, the easier it is to retain the information.

I remember that item! I actually have it but since I don't really have any other plum items I haven't used it yet.

How do you actually recolor things? I've been wondering how that works. If you need to start with a sort of greyscale base or what.
Most items on here are a 6-shade palette. I just recolor with the dropper and the bucket in paint. It takes a little bit of time but I start with the darkest shade and change the original darkest to the new darkest. Then the second darkest, etc until the whole thing is recolored XD

plum is such a pretty paletteeeee

Well teaching is shifting to a new philosophy with something called common core standards. It really incorporates cross curricular lessons (something that uses multiple subjects. For example I use reading standards in music. OR you pick a subject like greek mythology and the kids do lessons about greek mythology in art, music, reading, history, etc.)

AND with common core, it's becoming more student centered than teacher centered learning. The teachers will act like guides and facilitators and the students will do all the work.

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Yea, I'm just kidding myself, I probably won't be able to afford it either. hehe

I don't know, those colours actually sound more fun, to me. xD
It's so sad that music costs money. Like my school that got rid of the band teacher and now has a guy come in after school to teach the band and the kids pay him 50 dollars a day.... twice a week... >.< too much money!!

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Strife View Post
I wish I could do them but I got no talent on that side
I'm sure you have SOME creativity! XD you always have super creative avvies!

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha
Send a message via MSN to Ace Strife

Old 02-24-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I'm sure you have SOME creativity! XD you always have super creative avvies!
I love to creat something creative and unique.. I like to think I have creative mind but when it come to drawing, painting I suck even thought drawing is one of my fav thing to do lol

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Ah, so there's really no trick to it, it just requires time and patience?

That sounds like a really interesting concept! It sounds like it makes things harder for the teachers but it could be something really good for the students.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Strife View Post
I love to creat something creative and unique.. I like to think I have creative mind but when it come to drawing, painting I suck even thought drawing is one of my fav thing to do lol
lol we aren't all good at everything XD I love to paint but you would never be able to ask me to sculpt something XDD

Quote:
Ah, so there's really no trick to it, it just requires time and patience?

That sounds like a really interesting concept! It sounds like it makes things harder for the teachers but it could be something really good for the students.
Supposedly there is a fast way but I've never been able to figure out something faster than that XDDD

It makes things harder for teachers at the beginning when you create the lesson. But after you get all the lessons created, it makes it EASIER for the teacher and teaches responsibility of learning for the students so I think it's worth it.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 06:49 PM

Yea, music lessons are super expensive. My mom didn't even say no when I asked her, she just looked at me a bit and pretended she hadn't heard. ahah Now that I'm older, I think she might have been thinking of ways to tell me why I was insane, but didn't have the heart to. Same with swimming lessons. She just ignored me.

I ended up participating in the school chorus and theatre, but the teachers both gave up after a year. It was extra work for free, so I understand why, but it's still sad.