Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-17-2017, 12:11 AM

Daesuk made a noise that might have been a chuckle at KR's comment. "I suppose not, but I don't think they would really mind." And if the serious Daesuk thought that way, it was probably true. In some moments, he acted more uptight than their own manager with how he liked to managed time. Not obsessive about perfection like other members, but still logical in the management of space and time. This however, felt perfectly appropriate.

As they reached the practice room, not quite on the other side of the building and down a floor, the members who hurried ahead like Shin and Ankor, with Xavier glued to him as usual, clustered around to wait for KR. Ankor practically bounced on his feet, a steady stream of words having been coming from his mouth the entire way. "I can't believe we're finally going to do something fun. We should have filmed this for the video. The fans would love this. The fans will love us!"

Shin rolled his eyes, leaning against the wall by the door as KR pushed his way toward the door. He'd already tried it and in fact it was locked so he felt glad that their leader held the key. Good knowledge to have in any case since Shin enjoyed the idea of being able to practice at all hours. "That's not a bad idea really. Easier than talking in a video anyway. You can try suggesting that to the manager though. Not sure what he will think." And anyway, they were going to do their competition now. Since he knew he would win it all, he doubted this bunch of sore losers would want to play again, but it still wasn't a bad idea.

Humming, Hong Li stuck close to Hyunki, mostly just listening to the chatter of the members around him. He and Hyunki had stayed toward the back of the group, not feeling the need to power walk like children to the practice room. Still, he could see the excitement in Hyunki's every step. It made him even more excited himself so that his words jumbled out faster, becoming almost incomprehensible. "I know, I'm so excited for this too and whatever those kids are planning by the door too!" he rushed, not even caring if he backed and idea he couldn't understand. "You're going to win for me and my pride right, Hyunki? Win!"

Shin rolled his eyes again. "Against me?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-17-2017, 10:50 PM

Xavier leaned back against the wall next to Shin, shoulders brushing the other's just slightly. Probably not enough to bother Shin, but definitely closer than necessary. He fought back the urge as Ankor just kept spouting off his mouth, the other was so noisy sometimes. It was a wonder they hadn't tried to duck tap this mouth shut. With that thought, he pushed off the wall and pressed his hands to Ankor's face, "You're so loud," he muttered. Ankor's voice having echoed through the hall.

KR pushed forward to the door, unlocking it for the members, feeling much more serene about this whole thing than some of the members of his group, but he was pleased to see that they were excited about something, some of the tension from earlier dissipating from all of them, "I'm sure we'll get to film some sort of dance competition for the fans at some time. So I'll suggest it to the manager hyung, but it may be a after debut thing." There was a pleased smile teasing the corner of his lips as he pushed open the door for them; he had to admit this was probably gonna be fun. "And we can go ahead and record some on our phones."

Hyunki shrugged his shoulders at Shin, "I mean, I've got more experience with this exact type of thing than you do, so it seems more likely I'd beat you." He loved dance-offs and hadn't really had the chance to compete in one since doing the company. He was glad to be working towards debut, but he did miss the simple days of having a dance of with other dancers on the streets, earning money and praise for the cooler moves you could pull out. "So just bring it and we'll see who comes out on top!" He said, walking into the room and starting to stretch out, he murmured to Hong Li, in Chinese, "Yes, I'll win for you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 PM

Ankor froze, his eyes going wide as Xavier covered his mouth. For two seconds, he kept talking with a muffled sound, only the words, 'What are you doing?' really making it through. His sharp eyebrows furrowed together and a moment later, he pulled himself away, flicking his hair back from his eyes in an overdramatic gesture. "Did you guys see that? This maknae is so rude to tell me to be quiet!" He pulled himself to his tip-toes and tried to muss up the much taller boy's hair in punishment.

Shin pushed his way past when KR opened the door though, disrupting Ankor's balance slightly and he dropped back onto his heels, having only brushing a hand over Xavier's hair for a half second. "But can you blame him?" Shin murmured as he slipped past, leaving Ankor gaping as the others started to shuffle in after the blonde dancer.

"I can! Because he's the maknae!" Ankor yelled after him before giving up. Spinning away, he hurried into the practice room and straight toward the long wall of mirrors in order to admire himself before they started. "I'm all for someone filming on their phone though. Want me to do it? And what happens with the winner and loser? We need prizes and punishment if we're going to do this."

Hong Li sighed slightly as he did a little spin in the center of the room. The look of excitement hadn't lessened in his eyes though even if he pretended to be fed up with Ankor's antics. He loved the suggestions, though even he got sick of the boy's meddling sometimes. "Can we trust you to film it well? I can, or maybe Daesuk since he's always on his phone in the first place." Daesuk looked up sharply. "It's probably better to pick someone who won't do well anyway," Hong Li added with a laugh, then realized he threw himself under the bus a bit by volunteering to film. "Ah! But of course I won't be the first to lose! A-anyway, Hyunki is going to win for me! We're team Hongki after all."

Shin burst out laughing. "Is that it!?" Half bent over, he laughed for a few more seconds before trying to level a look of challenge at Hyunki again. "But we'll see after this who's the real dance master here."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-18-2017, 11:48 PM

Xavier shrugged unrepentant, knowing the hyungs at this point had all but given up on chastising him for minor infractions like that. He was bigger than all of them after all, and wasn't above just sitting on them if he had to. Besides, in situations like telling Ankor to be quiet, he knew most of the hyungs would agree with him. He may get some token chastisement from KR, but even then, it'd be just that.

And as if on cue, KR commented, voice bland, "Stop torturing your hyungs, Xavier. It's unbecoming."

Hyunki rolled his eyes at Hong Li, the other was being ridiculous, which was to be expected and was maybe slightly cute, but still he was acting a fool. "How about before we figure out whose gonna film we figure out how we want to do this. None of you are b-boys, so we can't do this like a typical b-boy dance off. And we should have it be fair for anyone. Also whoever does end up filming can't participate Ankor-ah, so I have a feeling you don't really want to do that." As he talked, he pulled of the hoodie he'd been wearing earlier, revealing just a simple black tank top underneath the already sleeveless shirt. He didn't want to sweat unnecessarily.

"We can always text manager hyung to come down and film, especially if we want to use this to show the fans, Daesukkie can you go ahead and text him. Use some aegyo if you must, but get him down here." KR said, closing the door behind them and walking over to the section of the wall that housed all the audio equipment, also unlocking that with the same key. "How about we start with our debut choreo, and see what it morphs too. If we get manager hyung in here too, he can be the judge, so we aren't biased towards anyone."

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 07-20-2017 at 11:54 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2017, 08:07 PM

Daesuk blinked at cute addition to his name, but didn't comment. His expression might be bland, but he didn't hate this. Before auditioning, he'd always been alone. Now he had friends around him even if he acted the sensible part. "Aegyo?" he murmured like they didn't already know he couldn't do anything of the sort. Especially not on demand. "If it's aegyo, then just make Ankor or Hong Li, or even Hyunki to do it...." Even as he said that though, he pulled his phone out and texted the manager, 'Come to the practice room. We need a dance judge.' Then, for good measure and because KR said so, he added a cute pouty smiley face that didn't match him at all. And yet the ease his fingers texted the cute emoji said otherwise.

Ankor peeked over Daesuk's phone, grinning at the message. "Oh yeah, that should get him here. So if we do our dance then there should definitely be a punishment for whoever loses because that's seriously bad," he hummed, spinning away again. He saw Shin already by the mirrors, having ditched his grey and black striped hoodie like Hyunki so he could go over the moves in his usual silver tank top. The dancers seemed alike in that category at least. They favored almost identical practice clothes other than the colors. "Maybe they have to buy us all dinner or do a special video performance. Dance the song all by themselves in stupid clothes!" Once he thought of it, his face began to glow.

Hong Li nodded his head, stroking his chin with a grin. "Okay, I could do that. Everyone else down for that? And the winner, what does the winner get?" He raised his eyebrow at Ankor then turned to Hyunki. "And is the reward and punishment something that we can share? Because I don't want to lose by myself."

"I'm game," Shin hummed. After a few stretches and simple dance moves, he turned toward the center of the room so he could cluster with the other members. "And winner should get to pick the outfit." His voice oozed confidence. Sure he wasn't b-boy like Hyunki, but he'd fought so hard to get to this level that he couldn't back down. And even if, he didn't win, he sure as hell wasn't going to lose.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-19-2017 at 11:27 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-22-2017, 01:42 AM

"We should do it eliminate style," Xavier said, having settled down on the floor, legs spread as he stretched his body, really just accentuating how long his legs were. "Like, each round there's some challenge that has to be done, like two times speed or something like that and whoever manager hyung decides is out, gets punished. Until we're done to two. Then it's freestyle and whoever loses that gets the biggest punishment." He figured it was a good suggestion, and he already knew that the likelihood of Shin and Hyunki being the final two was high, so he'd avoid a harsher punishment for himself this way.

"We need it to be an awesome prize, whatever it is," Hyunki said, trying to think of something to suggest for the prize that would be of equal appeal to all of them. He kept drawing a blank though, "I mean, the loser could have to clean the other's room for a month or something like that. Punishment and prize in one."

"Oh or the loser could be the other one's slave for a week. Has to do whatever the other one requests of them no complaints." Xavier said, eyes bright, liking Hyunki's idea but thinking it was a bit too kind.

KR looked over at Xavier, squinting his eyes, "That's a bit extreme, don't you think maknae?" he asked, "I think we could do something similar to Shinnie suggests. Punishment videos would be great to show the fans too. So the loser has to dance to a song of the winner's picking in an outfit of the winner's picking? Seem fair?" he asked the group, hoping to avoid too much damage from this contest. "Though we'll need smaller punishments for the eliminated members too, like eating a whole lemon."

As he finished talking the door to the practice room opened, revealing their manager, "What are you idiots up to?" he asked, a wariness in his voice as he observed the scene in front of him, but even as he spoke, they could clearly see the camera in his hand. He couldn't have thought the idea was too preposterous. He'd have just ignored them otherwise.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-23-2017, 01:43 AM

"Wow, Xavi! Those are great ideas!" Hong Li exclaimed. Which to some could be read as sarcastic, but he truly meant it as he rolled back on the balls of his feet, clearly showing the signs of his excitement. Unlike the others, he didn't start stretching, but instead focused on following all the threads of conversation. In fact, it didn't even occur to him to get ready for their dance. "Elimination and tons of punishment? That sounds.....ah wait..." He trailed off, once again rethinking his choices because in retrospect, this was a terrible moment and KR chimed in just in time to tell them all so. "Yeah...never mind."

Ankor was already half way to jumping up and down at Xavier's suggestions, completely on board despite the opposition already raised against this plan. "But I like the idea of the slave punishment. What's wrong with such a complicated win and fail system. Even if Shin did come up with a good idea..." he pouted. Of course, someone had to go and ruin the fun before it even really started, but he could still voice his opinion. Probably for the best they didn't listen to Xavier though, since Ankor didn't plan to win. He usually didn't, enjoying the act of playing far more than any thrills of winning. He wouldn't tell anyone that though because it'd ruin the atmosphere of competition that they all so loved. "At least be creative with the song and outfit though."

Since Shin felt antsy over Xavier's evil suggestions, he felt glad that KR stepped in for once and stopped it. As their manager entered the practice room, he turned to listen to that conversation though he never stopped loosening his muscles. If he intended to dance hard, he'd do it with the same amount of seriousness that he would for stage and hell if he would lose. At this point, it was a challenge and Shin didn't back down from those. "Alright, sounds like we've got it planned out well enough. Can we just get to the dancing now?"

Daesuk shook his head at the slight rudeness that the rest of the group exhibited by not properly addressing their manager that they called out themselves. Well, he did at least, but because KR told him to. "Manager hyung, you came. Thank you. They're planning a dance competition of our debut. You'll film for us right?" He saw the camera of course and Ankor started giggling, taking excitement from that fact. Obviously they knew they already had their manager hooked.

Hong Li grinned, waving at Taeksu from the other side of the room. "Film my good side, kay."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-26-2017 at 03:29 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-24-2017, 02:26 AM

Xavier grinned at Hong Li knew the Chinese boy well enough to know that he actually liked the idea even though he'd probably be one of the victims of it. Xavier resisted the urge to put though when KR shot him down, not that he hadn't at least someone being expecting it. But sometimes KR didn't speak up quick enough and the others steamrolled over him. Oh well, he'd just have to make sure either he won, or whoever did win picked a proper punishment. "We should still do elimination punishments, how about forehead flicks from Daesuk. You know, you just have to make sure they hurt." He smirked slightly, grin slightly evil.

KR rolled his eyes but didn't say anything else to the maine, knowing the others would all be game for the elimination punishments. Even the ones who were most likely to be the victims of it. So instead he turned and bowed slightly to the manager. "We figured it'd be a good thing for the fans to see a bit of us having fun, and you know being ourselves, and we didn't want someone to lose out to film so would you. And we can film the punishment too." He smiled at Taeksu as he spoke, hoping the manager wouldn't find it too crazy. They'd already filmed them doing some dance practices and cover dances to use for the pre and post comeback videos, so hopefully this could be added to the slot.

Taeksu shook his head, but he was grinning slightly, his fondness for the group members showing through, "Yeah, I'll film it and we can see if it decides to get used. You know as long as it's interesting to watch. It should be." He walked toward the front of the room and found a good spot where he could've around easily and get shots of everything, and set up to start recording, putting the camera on the little handheld tripod and just waiting for the group to be ready.

Hyunki, finally done stretching, pushed himself into a standing position, doing a couple more stretches standing just to make sure his body was nice and limber, before he moved to the middle of the floor. "Well are we gonna get this started or not. Enough talking it's time to dance."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-24-2017, 06:24 PM

Daesuk nodded once, a faint smile showing on his face. "I think that's fair," he said, especially knowing the punishments would turn out most fair to him, the one getting to doll out the forehead flicks. He had a knack for games, especially ones that seemed unbeatable or unhackable at least and with that, his forehead flick skill excelled. Even Hong Li made a sour face at the idea of losing and receiving that, but Daesuk doubted it was for more than just show.

Ankor pouted however and cut in before Taeksu could finish setting up the camera equipment and get the competition started. "But if Daesuk loses, I get to flick him!" he exclaimed, already jumping close and attempting to perform the flick. Daesuk moved out of the way, revealing more fluid movement than expected from his expressionless face. However, he only nodded in affirmation.

"If that's what you want."

Shrugging, Shin added about as much answer as he felt was necessary to the punishment and reward conversation. Daesuk's forehead flick truly was a force to be reckoned with and almost as dangerous as Ankor's cooking. However, he was with Hyunki--it was time to dance. "I'm ready. Everyone get into your positions. First round of [unnamed song]!" Grinning, he shook his arms one more time before readying himself.

With a scramble of movements, the others found their own positions, Hong Li being one of the last, using the others to judge his own placement. He expected he would lose immediately, but he still suggested this just to prove them all wrong. Maybe he wouldn't win, but he could at least show he didn't dance awful.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 PM

Before getting into position KR handed over the control for the speaker system to Taeksu, letting him control when the music started, and then settled into the opening position of the song. He started in the front as the leader, part of the company's strategy to introduce him as the leader from the get go, and it helped he was a decent dancer as well. He looked around the group a quick glance to make sure everyone was ready and then looked over to Taeksu, he could see the read light on the camera flashing, indicating it was already filming. He nodded to the manager for the music to start playing.

The music of their first title song filled the room, the beat and music familiar at this point as they'd been practicing for months for their debut at this point. This was just the final days before everything was released, the first teasers about their debut already being released. They started moving in unison, the movies looking practiced for the moment as they were all familiar with the dance.

The dance quickly moved to foreground the two dancers, Shin and Hyunki, sharing the spotlight as they both danced to the best of their ability. The intro choreography already showing of their potential and their different styles. off well through the rap break that KR and Xavier shared for this first song. It looked nice, the group managed to pull it off for several moments, all committed to performing well, but Taeksu's were carefully peeled, looking for each step out of place and finally about a minute and a half into the song, shouting, "Ankor!" and immediately stopping the music.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2017, 03:06 PM

Ankor froze, so surprised to hear his own name for a second that he didn't even know what to do. The music went quiet though and all the eyes turned to him, most in incredulity or distaste and in Hong Li's case, equal surprise and delight. No doubt he felt pleased not to be the first to mess up. And from Ankor's perspective, he felt a little surprised he didn't notice his mistake before.

Taeksu tsked slightly before explaining the odd and out of place figure that was Ankor, facing the mirrors when everyone else faced the wall. "Tell me, why is it that the member moving two beats ahead of everyone else is facing completely the wrong way like you're behind?" he intoned, judging, but not without kindness. Ankor looked around again, catching Hong Li suppressing a snicker. That was so like him to do what Ankor normally did when other people messed up.

"Ah, um...I think I spun too many times...." Ankor murmured with a sheepish grin on his face. He really did know the moves well, but keeping his own tempo when he felt excited was another thing entirely. Did he just spin again because he saw the others doing it after he finished his first?

Shin rolled his eyes, clearly not approving of the excuse, or the mistake in general, though he didn't chew Ankor out more since their manager already said it so well. Instead, he just leaned back against the nearest wall, waving to Daesuk with one finger. "Well, he lost. Punishment time right? Tha-"

"Quick! We should hold him before he runs away!" Hong Li interrupted, already running for Ankor with a glee that only the worst dancer of them could. "Ankor is the worst dancer!" Shin snapped his mouth shut, not bothering to finish whatever he planned to say. It didn't matter anyway. This whole thing was turning ridiculous. Squealing, Ankor staggered back from Hong Li, arms up in defense even before the taller man reached him.

"Wha?! Who said I was going to run! Daesuk! Save me!" he yelped, turning his eyes to the dark haired member who stared back without a hint of pity. "Hyunki eumma!"

Daesuk shook his head, wondering if anyone remembered that they were filming this anymore. And really, did it matter? Ankor was going to eat his own excitement this time. "Hold real still, kay or it will hurt." he intoned even as Hong Li grasped one of Ankor's arms. "Ready?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-27-2017, 12:47 AM

The thwack of Daesuk's fingers against Ankor's head resounded through the practice room and Hyunki couldn't help but wince in sympathy already seeing some red bloom on the younger man's forehead from the strong hit Desk had dealt out. He walked over, pulling Hong Li's arms away from Ankor, before rubbing gently at the younger man's forehead. Acting every bit the mother that his members insisted on calling him. "You okay?" he asked, fully prepared to go into coddling mode.

Though before he could really get going Taeksu called them back into formation to start another round of dance. Even if the video could be edited to a shorter length later, it was better to keep them moving than to let the whole group get distracted by the punishment, especially since the punishments were likely to get worse as time passed.

So with that they settled back into position, waiting for the music to be queued up again and easy they started moving through the routine again, a blank space left in Ankor's space almost completely natural. Xavier and Hyunk moved through each step with easy, each adding there own flair but keeping the moves perfect to exactly how the choreographer had taught them.

However, as KR moved through the steps, his shoelaces slowly started to come untied which he didn't notice, so focused on getting the steps down, so when they went through a particular fast step sequence, his feet ended up tangled together with his laces and he crashed to the floor in a moment, sitting there stunned for several seconds and looking around at his group, face turning slightly pink at being the second one out.

Taeksu didn't even bother calling out this time, the mistake to obvious what with the loud thud that had followed KR's fall. The other members slowly ground to a halt all looking at the leader and Xavier bit back chuckles though his shoulders clearly shook with his amusement. "You're so clumsy, hyung," he couldn't help but comment. "And I think it's clear whose getting punished this time."

KR sighed, but stood to accept the punishment that Daesuk would dole out, not going to fight it like the hyperactive Ankor, instead just bracing himself for the pain that would follow.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2017, 02:03 PM

Ankor whined, making a faint noise of discontent when Daesuk flicked his head. Hyunki was there in a second, already trying to mother him. Looking at the older boy with watery eyes, he milked as much out of this failure as he could, purposely showing his hurt expression to the camera. "Daesuk hyung enjoys this too much," he murmured as he went to sit by the wall. Apparently they weren't going to milk their punishments for too long. He should have made a rule where the eliminated could still keep dancing, just not win.

As the music started again, he got the chance to watch it as a spectator, which was nice. They looked good, if still a bit too rookie. Their angles didn't perfectly match up, especially with Xavier's and heights like his and Shin's mixed in. And that guy looked so focused Ankor almost forgot they were practicing not performing a real thing. Did he also notice that the group around him wasn't quite so perfect? If he did, he probably wouldn't take it well.

Ankor got so absorbed in watching the very subtle mistakes happening, that he missed the biggest one. Out of the corner of his eyes, he just saw a giant blur of motion and then one untied shoe flew up to head height. Blinking, he watched KR pick himself up from the floor. A second later, he burst out into laughter. "Did you really trip over your shoelaces, hyung?! I'm so happy right now that my mistake wasn't so bad!" Because really, at least he was doing the right dance, not falling on his face. Making eye contact with Hong Li, he saw the older boy biting back his own laughter, clearly enjoying this even more than Ankor if the look of almost euphoria in his eyes was something to judge by.

"Are you proud of me yet?" he murmured to Hyunki as KR stood to take his punishment. "I'm already so far from last place." Pride tinged Hong Li's words, even if luck more than anything else got him to this place.

Daesuk stepped in front of KR and just looked at him for a second before murmuring a quick apology with a face that lacked any regret, though still less gleeful than the other members. "I'm sorry, hyung." With that, he released his finger and listened to the solid thwack sound that actually reverberated through the room before more giggles ensued.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-01-2017, 12:37 AM

KR stood there dazed for several seconds, not really registering the smack of Daesuk's fingers at first, still a bit shocked that he'd actually managed to fall and take himself out of the completion even though he was one of the sub-dancers. But the pain bloomed across his forward quickly and he winced, hand moving to rub at it and his eyes watering slight, "Seriously why are you so good at that?" he asked Daesuk. He didn't wait for an answer already moving to sit down next to Ankor, still rubbing his forward. At least he'd get to watch the rest of the members dance now.

Hyunki grinned at Hong Li, definitely proud of him, but also aware that it was mostly luck he'd manage to last through the first two rounds, but he wouldn't say that to Hong Li. It was probably a good confidence boost for the other to get through this far, so he needed, "Yep, hyung, you've been doing awesome!" he said, tone honestly enthusiastic, as he clapped Hong Li on the shoulder on his way to get back into position again, still unable to believe that their leader was such a klutz.

Xavier shook with chuckles the whole time from the moment KR fell until after Daesuk had doled out the punishment. It was complete ridiculous and he loved every moment of it. He resisted the urge to call out a teasing though, knowing karma well enough that if he did, he'd somehow end up embarrassing himself more than the leader had. Instead, he just stood and shook out his limbs, already starting to feel the workout from the two rounds of dance, but in the good way that had his blood pumping warm in his veins and made him want to do more and work harder to win; his own competitive spirit coming out to play.

There were a few more minutes before Taek Su called them all back to order again and they started the next round of dance. Hyunki and Xavier committing fully again with a sense of purpose it clear the both of them were aiming to win now that a couple members had been eliminated. KR watched from the sidelines, determine to spot the next mistake and call it out to at least make up somewhat for his failure in the previous round.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-11-2017, 10:07 PM

The ghost of a smile still on his face, Daesuk stepped back, pleased with the way this game progressed, though he didn't show it like the others. Maybe that was bland, but he didn't need to poke fun at KR since he dolled out punishment anyway. Tutting at Xavier's laughter, he stepped past him, looking him in the eye and ignoring the flicking gesture that Ankor made in his direction. Honestly, that boy never knew when to quit.

As KR took a seat next to him, Ankor patted their leader on the shoulder, knowing he'd probably get scolded if he did anything more, but still unable to leave him in peace. The comforting gesture only seemed mocking though, coming from the normally trouble-making member. "It's okay. You'll just make the fans love you more," he murmured just as the music started again and he huffed, settling down to watch despite still feeling upset that he didn't get to play. He wasn't a sore loser though, he really wasn't.

Although Shin laughed like the others when KR fell, he recovered quicker and after a drink of water and quick stretch, not even paying attention to the camera at this point, he settled back into his place. Sweat glued a few blond strands of his hair to his head, showing off his one earring more clearly. He swept a hand through his hair, feeling the enjoyable burn that came from dancing. This was good, very good. "I bet Hong Li will be the next to fail though," he murmured, giving his hyung a quick glance.

Hong Li frowned, his glow from Hyunki's compliment fading in an instant. "We'll see about that!" he huffed, even though he knew Shin was probably right. He got this far on borrowed luck, but hell if it wasn't fun. Of course he knew that the longer he lasted in the game, the more time he got to spend on camera. And anyway, he set out to prove his members wrong and that happened so from this point on, it was fine. Rolling up his sleeves like it was a challenge, he waited a heartbeat more for the music to start. Focusing hard, he put all of his effort into the dance, even if his face never looked as serious as the main dancers of the group. He could look handsome from time to time like this. With less members in the formation though, he found himself alone in the front less than half way through. Eyes casting about, his mind blanked. They went toward the right in the first verse, then left in the bridge, or was it the spin that happened next? After a scramble, Hong Li leapt to the right, dropping down to his knees with a dramatic gesture that he put in entire heart into.

And he found himself alone. The rest of the group all slid to the the left, leaving him in the middle of a mess, the other members in a completely different dramatic pose, arms reached toward the sky.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 01-12-2018 at 01:37 AM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-29-2017, 01:07 AM

The group stopped again as KR called out Hong Li's name, shaking his head at how the Chinese man had messed up. "You misplaced some of the choreography Hong Li." he commented pushing to stand, "That section is in the last chorus, not right now. Let's hope we never end up having to do a random play dance. I doubt we'd ever succeed." He pushed up to stand while indicating that Daesuk should go ahead and dole out the punishment.

Hyunki sighed, immediately dropping from the pose, aware immediately when Hong Li had messed up as he ws supposed to be standing in front of him and he clearly wasn't. "Oh hyung," he sighed moving over to Hong Li, "You really need to stop mixing that part up. I think you must like this pose too much, considering you keep ending up in this position far too soon." He patted Hong Li's pack as he spoke though, wanting to encourage the taller man rather than discourage him. "But hey you still made it this far into the competition that's great!"

Xavier dropped into a crouching position, deciding not to offer comment at the moment. As the members left performing shrunk, it became more likely it was going to be him out next. And he didn't want it to be because he was exhausted or distracted. So he sunk down, stretching out some muscles and stuff in between dancing sets, hoping to not be next.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-04-2017, 12:57 AM

Hong Li pouted hard, his confusion quickly turning into disappointment. He really, really thought he did it right this time. He even thought about it before he fell into the wrong dance moves. It just seemed to flow so naturally that his body went that direction regardless of what part of the choreo they were at. "Aw man. This is so unfair!" he huffed, crossing his arms with a petulant look in Daesuk's direction. When the younger man stepped toward him, he stepped back. A far cry from him trying to punish Ankor in the first round. "Ah hey, best out of two? Or maybe we should judge by how well I did that part, just technical level, you know." Backing up another step, he smiled at Hyunki, hoping he would back him up.

"You were still wrong," Shin said bluntly, crossing his arms as well. Because hell if he would encourage someone else to fail. This was absurd. They should all at least dance the right part. Waving to Daesuk, he encouraged the other man to hurry up with his punishment. Ankor, with far too much glee, burst from his seat to help.

"Payback for being mean to me!" he cried and with that, grasped hold of Hong Li from behind in a giant hug. He only came up a little past Hong Li's shoulder's, but that wasn't the point. He just held on for dear life as Daesuk quickly slipped in and snapped back his finger. Hong Li let out a cry and slapped both of his hands over his forehead, stumbling back enough to almost step on Ankor who fled as soon as he'd rushed in. Pouting even harder, Hong Li jabbed a finger right at Daesuk. "I demand a rematch, one on one against you. I can definitely prove I dance better than Daesuk-ah!" Arm trembling, he stood there, shaking with utter conviction.

Daesuk met his eye. "No."

Hong Li collapsed to the floor. Crouching down, Ankor patted his shoulder. "There, there. Do you want to come sit next to me? We can make bets about who will win. My bet is on Shin since his gaze it starting to looking like laser beams right now. I think he's upset that you messed up the dance like that. You know how perfectionistic he is." Ankor chuckled, not even bothering to lower his voice.

Shin shook his head, gulping down some water without joining in with any of the madness, circling quickly back to his dance position. He didn't even glance in Ankor's direction, completely ignoring the conversation going on over there. "There's only four of us left. Let's just hurry up and finish this already. Hong Li hyung makes me want to practice more."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 01-12-2018 at 08:19 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-04-2018, 01:23 AM

Hyunki shrugged at Hong Li, feeling bad for his hyung but knowing Hong Li had lost this round fair and square. "Sorry, hyung," he said, not really knowing what to say to stop the pout that was sure to overtake Hong Li's features, "But we can stay after to practice some more. To practice it until you're right every time. Muscle memory and all that." He offered, hoping that would at least cheer up his hyung some.

KR shook his head at Hong Li, "Come on Hong Li, you're the hyung, act like it." He chided, though there was no heat to the words, just attempting to remind Hong Li that he was the oldest in the group. And it wasn't always the best to set such ridiculous examples for the youngest members. Not that it really stopped Hong Li from being utterly ridiculous most of the time. Though KR didn't bother moving or even acting like he was trying to move as he said this, content to sit with his back up against the mirror.

Xavier was silent throughout the entire exchange, Hong Li making enough of a fool of himself that he didn't feel a need to add to the mess. No sarcastic comments seemed necessary for the moment. His eyes did drift over to Shin though, like they often did, always monitoring his hying's mood. He could sense the anxiety radiating of his tiny hyung even more. "Shinnie hyung, it's just a game, please relax, no need to kill anyone," he teased, inflecting his voice to be slightly higher, hoping he could distract Shin from actually committing a murder, especially in front of the cameras.

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 01-04-2018 at 01:26 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-12-2018, 08:33 PM

Hong Li sighed, knowing that others were right. He was acting ridiculous, but really, he didn't care much. Being a hyung was no fun anyway. Sometimes he wished he could be the maknae just so he could get away with things like Xavier did. Waving a hand, he tried to wave off the attention of his other members. "I thought I was acting like the hyung," he muttered before lifting his eyes to meet Hyunki's. He really did hope that Hyunki won the contest because then Hong Li could be so proud, but he would be proud either way because their group was cool. "But okay, I'll practice more after this."

Settling back, he watched as the four members still in the game started moving back to their positions. No doubt the final dance off would be between Shin and Hyunki baring any strange incidents, so the real question was who would get third? Probably Xavier. Daesuk was always just so...middle ground.

Shin shook his head at Xavier as he got ready to dance the next round. "Don't give me ideas or I might test them out on you," he huffed before turning away again. Of course he had no interest in following through with the vague threat, but it was fun on occasion to tease the younger members. They seemed to have the wrong impression after all. Shin was not irritated right now. He was just serious.

After another few seconds, Taeksu started counting down as the members got into their positions again. Reaching zero, he turned on the music and off they went again, a tight formation of four dancers, now all finally in sync with each other.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-26-2018, 04:08 AM

Hyunki fell back into the dance moves once Taeksu called them to start again, the repetition of the dance securing it into muscle memory, as each move flowed easily from him. This competition may have been ridiculous, but it was good practice for them, and he hoped maybe the members who were out were watching them and maybe learning how to do things better. It'd what he'd be doing, looking and seeing how each other member was making things their own, but still keeping in perfect step with the assigned choreography. Hyunki was so focused on the dance that he wasn't aware that something had gone awry into their was a loud thumps to his right and two pained groans. Slowing to a stop, he looked over to see Xavier and Daesuk on a pile on the ground. "Um... what happened?" he asked.

Xavier was trying really, he wanted to give Hyunki a run for his money. He was the third dancer of the group after all, and with it being down to just the final four of them, he'd have to push through to be able to go against Shin. Not that he wanted to beat the elder, considering he wasn't sure exactly what would happen if Shin lost. But still he at least wanted to claim second place.

But he'd really just recently finished another growth spurt, and his legs were still so gangly and long, that he didn't really notice when he'd and Daesuk managed to switch slight from their spots, not accustom to so many dancers missing from the formation. And well his leg stretched out right into where Daesuk was supposed to be. And then their legs were tangling and down they both went, crashing hard into the floor. "Ugh, I hate being tall," he muttered as he tried to disentangle himself from his member. "Are we both out then?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-29-2018, 05:08 PM

Daesuk noticed Xavier's slight offness from the assigned positions, but it seemed to make little difference as they danced. There should have been KR or Hong Li between them at any given time so plenty of space still existed between them. However, during the end of the second verse, he misjudged it completely. A foot landed in front of his and all in that one second, he knew he calculated wrong. "Shit." The one word said everything as he tumbled forward, taking Xavier with him. Taeksu turned off the music a second later, leaving Daesuk just sighing.

"I think that's only fair since we're both on the ground," Daesuk answered, pulling himself up before Xavier who still looked like he hadn't found his legs yet. He did have quite a bit of them, but still, this was too embarrassing. He offered a hand to help despite the fact that this could all be construed as the maknae's fault. However, he himself had noticed it and chosen not to adjust.

Ankor snorted from the sidelines. "Maybe you should go back to being the cute baby again. Why are you so tall anyway?" A hint of indignation colored his voice, though he actually preferred being the shortest. It was just a matter of saving face.

One eyebrow raised, Shin stepped close to Xavier, a smile in his eyes though he kept it from his face. Rather than complaining like he had with the other member's accidents, he looked amused by Xavier's fall. And at least for the moment, he could look down on the taller boy. "Serves you right."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-30-2018, 04:38 AM

"It's not like I asked for all this leg," Xavier whined as he accepted Daesuk's offered hand. "You try going four inches in one season. It fucking hurts, okay, and it makes you all awkward and clumsy." He looked affronted at how all the shorter members seemed to take joy in the fact that his height was messing him up. Never mind, he'd felt like a newborn giraffe every day for months now. He honestly hoped he was stop growing because he didn't want to deal with debuting and more growth pains. It sounded like torture.

He noticed Shin smirking at him as he headed over toward the mirror, "Oh yeah, now you're happy, hyung," he snarked, "Look it's the final showdown we all expected." He wasn't really mad though, pride maybe a little bruised, but he expected to be out, just maybe not in a way that was quite so spectacularly fail.

Hyunki couldn't quite hold back his giggles at the spectacle that took place when Xavier managed to bring the two of them crashing to the floor. He'd been behind them for that particular move so had actually seen the whole thing, "Well, at least the fans will probably thing that's funny. Just maybe don't make a habit. I don't think you want to be the clumsy member."

"Neither of you two are injured though, right?" KR asked, the practical leader side coming out. It'd be horrible if one of them sprained something so close to debut. Maybe this game had been a bad idea.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-10-2018, 09:52 PM

Something akin to a smile passed across Daesuk's face, but he didn't comment on Xavier's complaints. Instead, he motioned for Ankor to scoot over so he could sit, silencing the other boy's chatter at the same time. "You're being immature. Or do you want to get mistaken for the maknae again?" he chided, then sat, content with how the round had ended even if he thought he could do better. "I'm fine though. Thank you for asking leader. Xavier looks chipper enough as well."

As expected, it was down to their two top dancers now and it would be grand to watch them duke it out. Neither was likely to make a mistake even if they played through the song five times, so Taeksu would have to scrutinize them far more now. Those watching couldn't help but lean forward in anticipation. This is what they were looking forward to.

Crossing his arms, Ankor made a big show of looking upset, but this little sideline watching crew got more interesting with the new addictions so he couldn't really complain. "I'm not the maknae. I'm just cute!" he huffed back, eyeing the very not cute actual maknae who sat down on the far side from him. No fun. Instead, he turned to Hyunki, smiling. "Oh, I think they will so you better make sure not to cut that part, manager-hyung!" he called out.

Taeksu snorted and muttered something under his breath before raising his voice again. "Alright, alright. Enough play time. We're down to the final two now, so try to wow the fans a little, yeah?"

Shin grinned as he finished off a water bottle and settled into his position again. "I think I can do that. Ready?" he asked, turning to Hyunki, challenge in his eyes.