Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-25-2015, 04:31 PM

Percy huffed and closed his eyes. "Good night." He didn't mind Kallen being nice, but he was being nice too damn it and it didn't work both ways. The light went off though and he shifted against. Despite the chairs not being the most comfortable things in the world, he fell asleep relatively fast and slept without dreams.

The morning light was just beginning to glow in the sky when Percy woke. He rubbed his face and yanked at his long hair that felt determined to be in his way. Seriously, what he would do for a hair tie. "Kallen," he whispered as he tip-toed across the room. He poked the other guy in the arm to wake him since he didn't want to raise his voice. They were supposed to be sneaking out after all. "You awake?"

Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 06-29-2015, 08:05 PM

Kallen felt something poke at his arm but instead of opening his eyes he simply turned over in order to ignore it. He felt like he could just sleep for another few years and still be tired. It was probably because of the long day he'd had yesterday. Then again, Kallen was never a morning person. Once he was asleep, he liked to stay that way.

It wasn't until he heard the voice again that he finally opened his eyes. Even then though, Kallen had half a mind of either pushing whoever was talking away or just pulling them down with him in hopes that they would just shut up. But of course he wouldn't actually do that, that would ruin his dignity. Ha, as if.

He gave a small hum as he opened his eyes and silently looked around the room, taking in it's appearance before looking towards Percy. He simply stared for a few moments before he fully woke up and everything that they needed to do hit him instantly. He ran his hands over his face, giving it a light tap before he got out of bed.

"Yea, yea, I'm awake. Sorry," he mumbled, still rather sleepy, "You ready to get going?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 02:07 AM

Percy started to get irritated because Kallen obviously ignored him. But before he could poke him another five times and snap, Kallen got up. "Ah seriously! I thought you weren't going to wake!" he complained, still in a whisper sort of voice. He didn't want to wake the others here and he didn't know how close they might be. With Lux, you never knew. "Yes, I'm ready. Are you? God, you look like a zombie." Rolling his eyes, he gave Kallen an appraising look. He did look like a zombie, though he had a right to that. His gaze softening, Percy let out a sigh.

"How do you feel today? Still hurting?" They still had almost an hour before the dawn by his judgement so Percy figured he could spare a few seconds to prepare for what was sure to be yet another hard as fuck day. He'd taken off his shoes and sat down to put them on again. "I figured we've got enough time to stretch a bit before we head out."

Naruto forever

Old 07-07-2015, 04:05 AM

"Stop complaining," Kallen huffed, "I'm just not a morning person, that's all." He quickly waved Percy's constant, and mildly annoying questions off. He never liked being questioned first thing in the morning, but he tried his best not to snap that much at Percy. "I'm fine, just shut it," he grumbled. His body still ached, but that was to be expected. However, he knew that once they were on the run again he wouldn't have to worry about that pain anymore. The adrenaline would set and soon everything would become numb again.

"Let's just head out now, if we're up then there's no point in wasting time," he said.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 03:30 AM

Percy rolled his eyes at Kallen's grouchy tone, but decided not to comment on it. It probably wouldn't be the wisest choice if he disliked even a few questions right now. "Right, off we go then." Once he had his shoes on and ready, he stole a last cup of water from the sink and offered one to Kallen as well. They might as well while they had the chance. After that, he moved to the door and listened for half a minute before he determined no one stood on the other side of it. Easing it open proved him right.

"Come on. Seems we beat everyone else up. The door's just a few hallways down," he said as he lead the way. Thankfully he knew this place well and didn't have to hesitate even with his bad sense of direction. Maybe their escape went too easy, but he sure as hell wasn't going to complain. Only a minute later they'd made it out the front door.

Naruto forever

Old 08-20-2015, 02:04 AM

Kallen accepted the water from Percy and quickly gulped it down before following Percy towards the door. He quietly walked down the hallway behind Percy, not uttering one word. He just wanted out and get back on the run so that they wouldn't be caught. The pain was still present, but Kallen did his best to ignore it. He was just lucky the bullet hadn't done tons of damage. Then he could've been stuck in bed for God knows how long.

As they exited the front door, Kallen let out a sigh.

"We better get a good ways away before anyone wakes up...and before anyone from my gang decides to check this place out for us." he said with a bit of a sigh still left in his voice. With a slight hum Kallen looked around them. He had no idea where he was, nor where he wanted to go, but he figured that for now going the opposite direction of where they had come from seemed like a good idea. "Let's just head this way I guess, unless you know somewhere to go," he said, spinning on his heels.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-20-2015, 06:34 PM

Percy nodded his head. "Yeah, they probably know about this place. Though doubt they'd guess we'd come here..." he muttered under his breath. Lux's tendency to eat up the weak and all. He matched pace with Kallen, figuring the same thing--wherever was a good direction to go as long as it was away. They'd have to make sure not to wander too far into his gang's territory too though.

For a while, they just walked in silence. Percy found himself thinking about their conversation last night. He wanted to shake the thoughts away, but he just couldn't. In order to fill the silence, he found himself asking the first random question that came to him. "So, if you got to pick your own gang, who would you want it? I mean, anyone, as unrealistic as possible," he asked, his hands stuffed in his pockets as he stared forward.

Naruto forever

Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 AM

Kallen walked happily in the silence, still a bit too tired and moody to be talkative yet. The day seemed to be quiet, with not too many people wandering the streets. That was good. That meant less witnesses to see the two of them walking along. He steadily kept his eye out for anyone who could be suspicious or following them. Of course there was no one, but he could never be too safe.

When Percy began to talk, Kallen was surprisingly calm, even though he had been sure he would've been upset. "I dunno," he sighed, "The only person I've ever been close to is James, so I guess him. He's really the only person I've ever cared about..." There was no lie in that. No one else in Kallen's life really mattered to him. James was the only one who was unconditionally kind to Kallen, and was typically the only person who Kallen trusted. But right now, he was beginning to trust Percy bit by bit, which was quite odd for Kallen. "Who would you want in it?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-15-2015, 02:32 AM

Percy found himself quickly more interested in talking than in paying attention to the world around him. It was a bad habit, but easier to do with Kallen as his conversation partner for some reason. Did his life lack decent human interaction that much? "That's lame. Think outside the box more!" he exclaimed with a grin at his companion.

"Me? Well, this feels like that who would you invite to dinner type of question and my go to would be something like Jesus, but somehow that doesn't feel right with this particular question..." he hummed. "I think I'd rather skip pulling in real peoples I know because I've kinda already lived that. We should go completely different with our gang! I read this book once, and there was this cool heroic, big brother type. I'd want an awesome and strong guy like that in our gang." Without realizing it, he was already referring to the gang as theirs because without a doubt it would be at least him and Kallen. The thought of that left an extra large smile on his face.

Naruto forever

Old 09-16-2015, 02:49 AM

Kallen stifled a laugh. Invite Jesus into a gang? That would be hilarious. He listened to Percy talk, nodding his head along to show that he was indeed listening even if it didn't look like he was. A small smile formed on Kallen's face as the other man talked, catching that the gang was already being referred to as "their" gang. A gang that was run by them. Kallen wouldn't mind it. Working with Percy was proving to be pretty simple, and almost fun if it weren't for the circumstances. Kallen would like to run a gang with Percy, though he doubted he would ever admit that to the other man's face.

"I doubt we're going to find anyone like that character," he said with a bit of a smile. No malice was behind his voice anymore, and he was beginning to brighten up a bit. There was something oddly amusing about being around Percy that just made Kallen happy, or at least mostly happy. It was definitely his personality that caught Kallen's attention the most. "But if we looked hard enough I'm sure we could find someone close..." he hummed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-18-2015, 02:10 AM

Despite the situation they were in right now, Percy felt more relaxed than he probably had rights to be. He stretched his arms up to walk with his hands crossed behind his head as he looked up at the sky now lightening with dawn. It looked like a beautiful day. "Man, it's been a while since I saw a dawn," he commented before returning to the conversation, a softer sort of smile on his face.

"Yeah, we could," he said with a hum. After a pause, his smile faltered and he turned to face Kallen. "So are we going to do this? Are we totally breaking away from all of them?" He'd dropped his hands and now looked at the other boy with an earnest expression. "Because ya know, for some reason I really want to be in a gang with you." Percy couldn't say quite what that meant. He just knew it was true.

Naruto forever

Old 09-21-2015, 07:21 PM

Kallen gave a slight hum about the dawn, he was never usually up this early either. Though when Percy began speaking again, Kallen found himself stopping his steps. He looked over at Percy. Seeing a smile on the other boy's face, Kallen couldn't help but offer a small smile in return.

"I meant, I don't see why not," Kallen said, "It's not like I can go back to my gang anyways." He gave a slight pause, planning out his next words carefully. He wasn't sure what he really wanted to say, and he couldn't quite find the words, but it worked enough. "Honestly running a gang with you would be fun," he said, "So let's do it." And with that, Kallen couldn't help the fact that the already present smile on his face grew.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-22-2015, 01:32 AM

Just the two of them standing there smiling, the sight must have looked strange. But the world seemed to totally ignore them and their out of place happiness. How did it not know something monumental happened right now? Percy felt himself get a little more giddy regardless. "Great! This is going to be amazing!" he exclaimed before grabbing up one of Kallen's hands in an energetic shake as he rose his other fist to the air. "From today onwards, we're a pair! And there ain't no one who's going to stop us! We'll own this world."

As the rush of happiness wore off, he realized how ridiculous and out of character he was acting. Percy dropped the other boy's hand and stepped back, a sheepish smile crossing over his face. "But first, we should get the hell out of here. We'll need some unclaimed turf if we're going to mark us a space. I dunno about you, but I want our front to be a pizza place. Then we could always chill there for a free lunch."

Naruto forever

Old 09-22-2015, 02:30 AM

Kallen couldn't help the surge of excitement that ran through him at this new prospect. This was something new, something different. It was something that could give him enough freedom and excitement that he probably wouldn't do stupid things again. Well, that was a lie, it would be impossible to stop him from doing stupid things, but he'd like to think otherwise.

In the back of his mind, Kallen was worried about the idea of starting a new gang. How could Percy trust him? He had betrayed his previous gang numerous times, despite being practically brothers with it's leader. Nothing could stop him. He was scared that he would do it all over again, and for some reason Kallen really didn't want to betray Percy's trust. He didn't want to mess up.

Pushing all worries aside, Kallen let out a laugh. "I don't think being right across from a pizza place would be the smartest place to be," he chuckled, "But we do need somewhere that's unclaimed. Somewhere where we can be the best of the best." Kallen didn't know what it was, but he had a feeling that he and Percy would make an amazing pair, and and even more amazing gang. Plus, the thought of having a partner seemed to make Kallen happy.

"We should try to recruit people while we're at it. Runaways, people who feel left out of their gang, anyone who may be good," he said, "Maybe even a chef of some sort so you can have your free lunch without us being in front of a pizza place" He let out another laugh while nudging Percy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-23-2015, 01:31 AM

"Hell yeah, but the pizza place was a good idea. I don't know why you're dissing it," Percy complained. Gangs always set up their base of operation in car garages and dumb places. Pizza was way more useful and he thought it probably paid better too. Steal a car? Who cared. Everyone loved pizza! But then, his cousin always said he was the dumbest of the lot and would only laugh now, which made Percy want to defy his logic even more.

Still beaming, he started to walk again, his longer legs naturally picking a fast pace as if he couldn't wait to get this gang started. He only had high hopes in his head now, not the least bit concerned by the past. He felt for the first time in his life, he might be something right.

As they disappeared down the street, almost to neutral territory, a figure that could have been male or female paused to watch the two men pass by. They were too wrapped up in their conversation to keep their voices down or notice strangers walking home from a night shift. The figure hummed to themself and wrapped their pink, furred coat tighter around themself. Strange people, but cute at least. Tossing their charcoal colored hair over a shoulder, they continued their walk again.

Naruto forever

Old 10-01-2015, 11:16 PM

Kallen shrugged, a smile still planted on his face. "If you want it so badly, I guess it wouldn't be such a bad thing," he hummed. Honestly he didn't care that much, so long as the gang was something fun and felt like home. He wanted it to be perfect since they were really doing it. "I guess it wouldn't be that bad of an idea," he said. Plus, he felt like he wanted to make Percy happy for some reason.

As Percy picked up his pace, so did Kallen. He kept up easily, walking down the streets and looking ahead, no longer looking around to lookout for any threats. His mind was completely occupied with the idea of making a new gang. His entire body was excited for it. It was something new, something fun, he couldn't stop thinking about it.

"We're gonna do good with this," he said almost proudly, "We'll do really good."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-19-2015, 05:04 PM

"Yeah, we really are," Percy hummed. Despite being rejects from their own gangs, they were going to be great at this. For a while, they continued to walk with amicable conversation between them. It didn't take much longer for them to reached a series of busy streets with a large church in the middle that accounted for the city's most well established neutral territory. In reality, that place gave headaches to everyone who wanted it. A police station sat on the corner and it never went dark enough for a gang to flourish. One the north side, they could find the most unclaimed territory, though they could go east as well.

"Want to rest here for a bit?" Percy asked as he finally slowed his pace. Man, walking like that and not noticing left his legs tired. He didn't know how Kallen felt, but surely much worse. "Bet we could get a hand out at the church. I ain't got shit on me after all. You?" At this point, he doubted either of them could buy a meal. Noon still looked hours off if he judged by the sun, but they long since passed breakfast and their last decent meal.

Naruto forever

Old 01-27-2016, 06:01 PM

Kallen matched his pace to Percy's as he slowed down, and as soon as he did and fatigue, hunger and pain hit him. It was as if he had been going on adrenaline, which knowing him, was completely possible considering how often it happened. It was easy to forget things when there was something more important or more exciting at hand. He took a breath and nodded, "Yea, I could go for some food for sure." Instinctively he checked his pockets for money, even though he knew there wouldn't be anything in them. Even if he had had money, when he was detained by his group they would have taken anything. "Church it is then," he mumbled. He wasn't sure how he felt going into the church when he didn't have any beliefs, as if it would be something rude, but he was hungry. Hunger was more important at this point.

((finally! i've posted! it's short, but i'll get into it again soon))

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Percy nodded his head once before starting for the church, this time at a slower pace for Kallen's sake. His own adrenaline dissipated as well, so he didn't mind. Turning back, he offered a comforting smile. "Hey, we might even find some recruits here so cheer up." He couldn't stop his own thrill of excitement and fear at the thought of entering a church. He may have called himself a believer, but he didn't step foot in church often. Did he even belong anymore?

The whole thing turned out to be uneventful though. A group served a small luncheon after mass and they slipped in, stealing sandwiches for themselves. An old lady with failing vision cornered them and ended up forcing a whole plate of the food on them, so they sat outside on a curb, eating in peace. A tiny basketball court sat opposite of them with the gate open in the chain link fence. Kids ran around and birds sang overhead. Percy would have to make sure to thank that old lady again after this.