Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 AM

Kry regarded her carefully for a few moments, sincerity clear in his eyes. In his expression. He nodded. "Yes, of course we are friends, at the very least, I consider us to be friends." His gaze shifted from Nara to the robot again, for a moment there was a frown on his lips. Then it was gone, his eyes closed and he tilted his head to the side slightly. As if he were listening to something only he could hear. After a few moments, he opened his eyes and reached out to gently brush his fingers against the back of Nara's wrist again. "Still, for something that has no real life, it must be a very lonely creature. The absence of life hurts me greatly though, perhaps there is much such a creature as that could teach us." Kry's hand moved to rest over his heart. "Every creature is capable of teaching another something, and perhaps there is something we could teach it."

Kry watched Nara's face, studying it for a reaction. For the emotions behind her eyes as he spoke these next words. "Go to her, speak with her. I will join you shortly, once I have better control of my composure. Being so close to life that is not life is a difficult thing for me, and for my master." That and it would be rude to just suddenly leave Akari, the woman had a phoenix perched on her shoulder and it did make him a bit curious about the woman, and she knew of his god. Not many knew of the great phoenix.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 AM

Nara could not help but smile softly at him as he stated they were friends. She felt relief wash over her and felt a little bit of her relax as she gazed at him. As he brushed her wrist again, however, she felt that warmth rise again and she briefly wondered what it would be like to be touched by those warm hands somewhere a little more intimate. She could not think straight a moment and knew she couldn't refuse the request she felt coming. Did he realize what his touch could do to the flame born Ice spirit? No... of course not. How could anyone?

"You... make a good point" She finally said with a blush so slight it was easy to miss even against her pale skin. She slowly stood and walked to the table at which the robot sat. She took her bag with her, always keeping it close. Thievery was the one evil she understood and was not naive about it seemed. She didn't not expect Kry to steal from her but he seemed a bit to distracted to guard it from strangers who might.

"would you like some company?" She asked the robot, Iris, quietly as she stepped next to the table. Part of her was curious but part of her was afraid. She had seen harm machines could do far to many times...it didn't help that they could produce fire so easily... or accidentally. Still she would smile at Iris and try her best as she always did. At least the robot would not feel the chill her voice could cause presumably.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 AM

Akari waited until Kry seemed to be finished with his conversation with the other young lady before responding to his statement. She took the time to collect her thoughts. A servant of the Phoenix of the South! In all her wanderings, she had not anticipated meeting another. The elders of her village had told her that she may stumble upon others like herself, but Akari and her family were a rarity among their mountain tribe. "I am also a servant of Suzaku. Rei here is my clan's ancestral guardian. She connects us back to our Great Spirit even though my family was forced to leave our home many generations ago. Ever since my grandfather died when I was a child, I have been her Chosen, the child of our clan who acts as Priestess to the Phoenix of the South."

Rei trilled and gently stretched her wings.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 05-23-2012, 04:48 AM

Tama walked beside her younger brother, Hideaki, holding his hand as the pair moved towards the quaint little tavern. Before them, and around their feet, a small panda-colored ferret and an albino fox kit played. Both had two tails, much like their owners. Though the ferret would never gain more tails, it would grow larger in size though as its master grows in size and power. Tama paused before the door and turned to look at her brother, and the ferret that had scrambled up onto his shoulder. Looking the pair over, the elder sister knew they needed a bath, and maybe a new set of clothes. Already his summer yukata was ripped in some places, and the once pristine white was faded to a gray color. "You two need to behave, ok?" She warned sternly, watching the young 8 year old boy and his companion nod together.

Nodding to herself, Tama turned and lightly knocked on the door before opening it to let herself then her brother in, the geta, or wooden sandals, they both wore lightly clacking on the floor as they entered, pausing to slip off their shoes. It was customary for them, the removal of their shoes. Holding Hideaki's hand once more, the 12 year old girl looked around curiously, though her ears were alert incase there was any danger. Hideaki just plain looked around. It was interesting here, and there were so many different people too. Tilting his head to the side as he noticed a redheaded male, he could almost feel the energy from him, causing him to wonder about the affinity to fire the male had. Maybe the other could teach him about it? The young boy had known for a while now what his element was, well one of them.

He didn't remember much about his parents before they were taken away, but his sister did, and she told him that both of them controlled two different kinds of the four main elements. Just like they would. Tama already knew hers, she had earth and water. They both figured he also had Air, but he had yet to actually be 'awakened' to it. Blinking as he came from his thoughts, he noticed his ferret was no longer on his shoulder, instead it was sniffing around the males feet before jumping onto the others pant leg and climbing up to his shoulder. Letting go of his sister's hand, he jogged over to the male, looking up at the black and white creature. "Jun! Get down!" He ordered the creature, but really the overall look of him being angry and yet stern at the same time was kind of comical.

Tama looked over to her brother as she felt him leave her side, her musings of the white haired person that looked more feminine than male, even if they did smell male, put on hold as she moved to follow the child. Seeing what the problem was, and knowing that Jun would not come down easily once his curiousity was piqued, she sighed softly. "Otouto, didn't I tell you when we're around other's you need to keep hold of him?" She questioned softly, almost as if this kind of thing happened often. "Sorry Ane." Hideaki murmured, looking down at the ground.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 AM

Kry watched Nara for a moment, before looking to Akari and her phoenix. "Well met, priestess." Was it for this reason Suzaku had directed him to this place, to meet his girl? Kry could only guess, but his guess was no. Well not exactly no. Suzaku had directed him to this place for many reasons, of that he was sure. Meeting this priestess was only one of those many reasons. A ghost of a smile touched his lips. "I am honored to meet you, little sister. It has been a very long time since I have had the privilege and honor to speak with a priestess or priest of Suzaku. Once there were many, now there are fewer." Kry wasn't exactly a priest of Suzaku, but the voice. The Great Phoenix spoke to him and he obeyed and spoke with Suzaku's voice at times. There was a mental link between his mind and Suzaku's. Though when the Phoenix spoke to him it often sounded as if the god whispered in his ear.

That ghost of a smile lingered for a moment and then it was gone. "You seem to be dressed more like a warrior than a priestess." Amusement danced in his eyes, his own clothing were more or less warrior garb of his clan. Even though he sported no weapons, he had no need for weapons. Kry blinked, looking down to watch the ferret climb up his tall 7 foot frame with ease, well he was sitting down. A light smile played over his lips as the furry little creature climbed up him. "Greetings, small cousin." He spoke gently to the ferret as it settled on his shoulder. Reaching up and taking the tiny animal delicately into his hands. As always, Kry's voice sounded like a whisper, without actually being a whisper. He kissed the top of the ferret's head and when the little boy came to him, followed soon by a girl, he held the ferret out for the boy to take. "Be sure to keep your friend out of trouble." He smiled gently at the boy.

Last edited by Kry; 05-23-2012 at 05:18 AM..

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-23-2012, 05:30 AM

Iris rose her head from the table and sat back in her seat. The other female actually came over to speak to her. It was simply astounding! "Hello..." She managed to say from her mouth, she has a pleasant voice and tried to be as friendly as possible. She wasn't made for war something that set her apart from other machines. "If you wish to, you don't need to force yourself." She responded, as her sensor indicated the girl seemed a little frightened of her, but she tried her best to assure her there was nothing to be afraid of. "Although...it would be nice to actually speak to someone, most just ignore me. I wonder if I have done something wrong?" Iris was born only three days ago, so she was practically a baby even though her body indicated other wise.

Her eyes flashed just then and she blinked quickly "It seems I'm running low on fuel...would you know who to ask for some orange juice?" Yes, she was orange juice powered.

( xD )

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 AM

((orange juice powered? xD okay that made me giggle))

"No.. You've doen nothing wrong. People are just busy.... as is the bartender who would know where to get the orange juice." She responded quietly. She bit her lip but slowly sat across the other woman. She then glanced back towards Kry. He seemed to be talking about something important, had he just wanted to be rid of her? She suppressed a sigh at the thought and focused on the robot again. Orange juice was her fuel? did she understand her correctly?

"You are powered by orange juice?" She asked slowly, checking that she had correctly understood.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 AM

( xD I think it's cute~ )

"Oh..." Iris looked down at herself for a moment and then back at her, "Indeed, I'm powered by oranges...perhaps my creator had a fixation with them." She was unsure of this herself, but she saw nothing wrong with it. Though she supposed it could sound goofy to others. She noticed the other glance back at the male she was speaking to earlier. "Forgive me if I'm prying, but is something causing you distress?" With her sensors she could tell if something was bothering someone, although she could not lend support due to having no clue how to.

"Ah, I'm sorry it is not my business to pry into one's personal life..." Even though she was a machine she was programmed to have manners. "

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 AM

"I'm alright... I'll see if I can find some orange juice for you. We can't have you run out" She muttered in response. How could she explain what made no sense to her either? No, she would just track down the bartender or some orange juice, whichever she found first, and get them for her. She didn't look at anyone as she did so...simply using her nose to track down the scent of oranges. If she found the bartender first she'd also get her own tea...

(( since i see death to the reaper i say she finds the bartender first >.> *waits for death to post*))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-23-2012, 06:24 AM

][Hahah. yea. Hi Death! -huggles her.- We kinda grabbed the rp and ran away with it, full throttle, pedal to the metal style. Sorry about leaving you in the dust like that.

Also, Alura I think it's cute, too, that your robot girl runs on orange juice.][

Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 AM

Everest smiled as so many guests had entered her tavern including other elves like herself. The nature-loving elf just stood near the bar and wandered into the kitchen before returning with food for her guests. "Will you join me in the dining room, please? I have made dinner for all of you." She brought out several dishes of vegetables, fruits, and different types of meats for her guests to enjoy. "There are also rooms available if anyone is interested." Airey and Aquarius flew into the other room were Everest placed the food on the table.

She placed jugs of ale, water, and wine on the table for her guests. Other beverages, including orange juice and tea, sat on a side bar so the guests could help themselves.

((Yay! A lot of people!! It's okay. *Hugs Kry* I'm glad that people are taking part.))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 AM

"I will need a room, but first i need to get someone a drink" She informed the bartender politely. As she did so she would take the robot's hand and pull her into the dining room with the rest of the group. She was sure there would be orange juice in there! She tugged the robot there and would soon sit her down with some juice. Nara then headed to get her own tea, falling into her own thoughts and uncertainties. She wasn't sure how long she should stay but she would be in town a while... her supplies were low and her body needed rest.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 AM

The ferret chittered as the male lifted it from his shoulder and kissed his head before passing him back to his master, twisting around in the young kitsunes hands and scampering to his shoulders. Hideaki smiled softly and bowed. "Thank you!" Ear twitching, blue eyes suddenly changed to watch as a pretty lady came from somewhere else that at the moment he couldn't see, carrying all sorts of food. Blushing lightly as his stomach grumbled, reminding him he hadn't eaten in a while, he turned, pouting to his sister. "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?" He whined softly, his twin orange and white-tipped tails swishing back and forth behind him.

Tama sighed, nodding as she closed her eyes and lowered her sensitive ears just scant moments before the younger kitsune let out a loud 'yay' and bolt after the woman with the food. She knew he was hungry, she was too. Looking once more to the older male, she swore he smelled of a phoenix, and yet didn't at the same time. "Thank you Phoenix-sama." She murmured as she bowed, giving proper respect to an elder, before following after her brother so she could help him get his plate, her snow white kitsune kit trailing after her.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 AM

Iris was interested in knowing that there was plenty of orange juice here to last her a long while. Although she didn't need to eat as she was a machine. "I never had bodily contact before.." she stated after she had her fill, she didn't necessarily sleep but she would power down to save energy at night.

She listened to her talking about a room, "I might need one too...to store my battery power, although...it would be...lonely...to be the only one in it wouldn't it?" She spoke as she tried to recall the words she heard. She spoke it out slowly, "It's not a good thing is it?" She asked like a curious child.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Kry chuckled softly at the children before him. Children were such a delight, and the future of the world. "You are very welcome." he spoke to the male when the boy thanked him. As the woman came out and offered everyone dinner, Kry looked to her and nodded slightly to indicate he had heard her offer. His attention returned to the children. The boy already scampering off towards the dinning area, as the girl bowed he nodded slightly and watched her run after her brother. Those purple eyes moved around the room, looking for Nara and finding her just as she led the robot to the dinning area. It still hurt, but Kry was beginning to deal with it much easier. He would not shun the robot, and perhaps he could find a way to give it real life. Perhaps, even if Suzaku whispered into his ear that such a thing might even be impossible for a god.

Kry stood, and gently reached down to brush his fingers against the back of Akari's wrist, only to get her attention. It was his way, to touch like that, he glanced to the phoenix, Rei, as if to include her in his conversation as well. "It seems that dinner is being served. Perhaps you and I could talk more on the morrow, if you are staying the night here. I plan on being here for a while yet. Right now though I think I should go eat with my friend and see what I may learn from the robot." He nodded his head slightly to her, and moved towards the dinning area. Glancing at Alai and the dragon boy as he did so. It didn't take long for those long legs to carry him to the dinning area. Kry fixed himself a glass of water, before moving to Nara's side. He caught the last bit of her conversation with the robot. "Some people sleep alone, but in a place like this that shouldn't be too lonely, knowing that there are other people in the rooms next to your own." As always his voice was gentle and sounded whispered.

Last edited by Kry; 05-23-2012 at 08:19 AM..

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 AM

Bodily contact....it made it sound like Nara had done more then just take her arm for a moment to lead her. She blinked a moment, even more helpless as she issued a question. Lonely? To her the only way one shared a room was with family or one's De'nie, that is to say lover. She flushed at the question and couldn't help but look up gratefully as she heard Kry approach. She nodded in agreement with his answer, thankful that he had arrived. Nara had never been very good at dealing with awkward questions... She then thought of something.

"So, why are you at the inn and what is your name miss?" She asked quietly as she realized she had no clue about either. They hadn't talked much yet but to not have given an introduction made her feel rude. She glanced over at Kry a moment, looking to see if she saw any signs of pain in him. She was a little worried about him honestly considering how he had behaved earlier. It seemed to physically hurt him...

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-23-2012, 08:02 AM

Iris noted the concern she had for the male, it was a curious thing to be sure. "That's good then." She replied she had to wonder if she was making the other female uncomfortable, she supposed that not many would like idea of a machine that could think for itself. However, she did try her best to be pleasant enough to be around. "I am an MX series, the first of my kind...and probably the only. My code name is 'Iris'." She answered the best she could, machines didn't have families, at least it would be impossible for Iris now.

"I was created to prove to the world that machines can be much more than tools, or weapons of war. That was my creator's desire. I came here to further my knowledge of the world, I am only three days old. I do not have the full functions of my body just yet, there is a lock on my personality and emotion functions. I cannot understand why my creator would remove access to that...though you seem more concerned for your acquittance, then the operations of my current frame." She stated, "May I ask what the source for your worry is?" She wasn't meaning to be rude, she just had the curiosity of a child, and children were often nosey.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-23-2012, 08:16 AM

It had hurt. It still did, being in the presence of a creature that was alive without really being alive. There was no warmth, but Kry was coping well enough with it, he offered a polite smile to Iris and moved to sit down on her other side, so that the robot was between him and Nara. "It is nothing, I had a little bit of chest pain earlier but it has passed and I am alright. Please, I would like to learn more about you. Emotions and personality should not be things that are locked away from you, every creature, even ones without souls should be able to access their emotions and personality."

A ghost of a frown put itself on his lips, and then it was gone as he raised his glass of water to those lips and took a few sips. Water was such a refreshing beverage to him, he set the glass down gently front of him. "I am sorry. I am called Kry, and it is nice to meet you, Iris." He glanced at Nara, figuring now would be a good time to introduce herself. Of course she probably already knew that, still it was good to look at the people you were conversating with to make sure they knew they were also in the conversation. Even if Kry had answered the question that had been meant for Nara about concern for him. Would Nara think that was rude of him? He hadn't meant it to be rude.

Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 05-23-2012, 08:28 AM

Watching the others interact with the robotic woman, Everest smiled and hoped that all her guests find what they need. She went to the inn's main entrance and gathered keys for those who said they would like a room. The elf walked over to the robot and smiled at her. "Here is a room key. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Let me know if you need anything." Her eyes went to the others to show that the comment was for all of her guests.

Airey and Aquarius followed her as she went from room to room to make sure that they were proper for her guests. She had to continue to bounce from room to room since she ran the inn herself.

((Sorry, Everest does not serve much use.))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 AM

][Silly Reaper. She's fine. Besides the point is to have fun. As long as you're having fun it doesn't really matter. <3][

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 AM

She started to answer but found that once again Kry had saved her from it. She nodded slightly and added a soft 'yes...that was why I was concerned'. Inwardly she was still concerned but she hid it well as everyone began to introduce themselves. She smiled and focused on the technically information though she understood very little. Machines always confused her really, perhaps due to her kind relying solely on magic to get along... They just seemed so complex and now it was time to introduce herself to one.

"My name is Uranaya Helceon but you can call me Nara instead if you like. It is a pleasure to meet you." She said quietly with a soft bow of her head. She turned to sip her tea now in thought, not really sure what to say. She had never been very good at small talk. Iris curiosity about feelings she, herself, didnt' understand wasn't much help either. She sighed inwardly but continued to smile at the other two uncertainly.

She only responded as the elf brought her the keys. She gave her a bow and a thank you, watching as she dashed off with such energy. It must be hard to run an inn like this by herself...

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 AM

][I gotta go to bed now, though. It's 4:34 a.m over here and it's been a long while since I've stayed up past three.][

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-23-2012, 03:00 PM

Iris was unsure what to say at the moment as well, these two were completely opposite from her, "Forgive me if I said something inappropriate," she stated rather quietly she looked at the owner, perhaps she would like some help later on. "You don't have to force yourself to be around me if it pains you," she said to the male. She could tell it bothered him because she was artificial. "I do not wish to think I'm responsible for making someone suffer."

She then decided the mood was getting a little depressing. "Perhaps I could play some music...if desired...although my library isn't very big.."

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 PM

Noah perked up, hearing mention of food. He squeezed Sunny's hands. "You should- we should eat. We haven't eaten since this morning."

The dark-haired girl nodded. "Yeah. I like that plan."

They stood, walking over to the dining room, and were about to enter when they heard the offer of rooms from the innkeeper. Sunny and Noah looked at each other, and Sunny turned to face the innkeeper.

"May we have a room also?" She asked as politely as she knew how.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2012, 10:46 PM

Tama looked around hesitantly, frankly even with the woman offering them all food, the young kitsune knew better than to just take without proper permission. Trying to be subtle as she watched the others grab drinks first. Maybe it would be alright to eat then. Standing on her tip toes, she reached for a plate, being mindful of her sleeves as she started to fill it with the items she knew her brother would eat; a few different vegetables, some chicken, a leg at first, and some rice. Turning a stern glare to the younger boy, she nodded approvingly as he settled down to walk beside her calmly instead of bouncing like a rabbit.

Setting the plate up on a table, she helped her brother get up on the chair, only a few spaces away from the phoenix-man. Frowning, she realized he wasn't quite tall enough on his own to sit and eat properly. Not quite sure what to do, she sighed and reluctantly agreed to let him sit on his knees in the chair so he could eat while she fixed her own plate, similar to his but instead of chicken, she had a small pork chop. Letting her plate sit at the table, she went back to where the food was and made another plate for the ferret and kit to share, then grabbed water for both her and her brother before she finally sat to eat. Letting her ears twitch as it captured sound, she also wondered if it would be a good idea for her to ask if they could stay a couple nights. The siblings needed to rest, it was necessary if they wanted to continue their search.