Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 PM

Many thanks to Mythos for the banner!

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-21-2013 at 03:49 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Not sure how the event works? Read on, and hopefully your questions will be answered. If there's anything you're still unsure about, please post here and we'll do our best to help.

To make things easier on people who come to this thread looking for help, please try to keep off-topic chat to a minimum. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the event!

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-18-2013 at 07:52 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Frequently Asked Questions

• When will the event end?

The event will last about 10 days. We're aiming to end the event on January 2nd, (Hour TBA) Pacific Time

• How do I participate in the event?

The staff have prepared many wonderful contests and games for you, which can be found stickied at the top of the Event Forum. Links to each contest are also provided in the next post.

• How do I earn event currency?

You will gain some event currency for each post that you make in the forums during the event.

Additionally, you might gain some more by playing the game of chance every 15 minutes. But it's a true game of chance: you may win big, or you may walk away empty-handed!

Chance Game Info:
    • Aces are LOW - don't be caught off guard!
    • Up to 20 pairs of cards to play every 15 minutes, if you guess correctly.
    • Cash out and collect your winnings, or risk losing the pot by guessing incorrectly the next round...your choice!
    • You can buy additional plays with your event currency. Feeling brave?

• What is event currency for?

It's there for you to be able to gain Event Items (EIs), which are our event rares.

If you participate enough and earn a lot of event currency, you could get some free commons too!

• Are there event commons?

Yes! Just head down to the Special Event Store.

Please note: Commons are all in now! Thank you for being patient. :3

Event commons will be available after the event ends. However, they will be moved out into the main stores and will retail for double their event price.

• Are there event rares? How do I earn them?

Yes! You'll be able to find them in the Special Event Store as they are released. They'll be on the back page.

You can either buy them with gold or with event currency, the choice will be yours. However, you won't be able to use gold and event currency to partly pay for the same item.

Please note: After the event, the rares will be removed from the shops and discontinued.

• How much will a complete Event Items (rares) set cost?

(TBD)

• Why is the Sellback Store closed?

The Sellback Store is closed during events to prevent people from selling back event items for a large gold gain.

• Why is X taking so long this time?

The Holidays are very busy for us as well, and though we've done our best to stagger our vacations & family time so that there's always someone "home," things might be a tad bit slower than usual on our end. Thank you in advance for your patience!

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-27-2013 at 05:16 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 AM

Staff Contests, Games & Hangouts

• Celebration of Comfort and Joy (Official Hangout) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Come relax and enjoy the company of your friends and neighbors at this very special end-of-year celebration. With plenty of food, drink, and dancing, and big comfy chairs that await your weary behinds, this is certainly the place to be! ~ You never know who you might run into here!

• Feast at the Festival (RL Edibles Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Show off your culinary skills by entering your real life festive dishes & drinks in this annual holiday food contest hosted by our own gastronomic wizardess, Woodlandnymph. It's okay to lurk and drool, too. :)

• Festive Folk (Lyric Writing Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Learn a bit about Menewshan lore as you join Jeryck in this writing contest with a musical bent: you'll be crafting lyrics for Menewshan traditional folk songs & holiday carols for a chance to win lovely prizes.

• Gift Hunt (Scavenger Hunt) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Think you know your way around the forums? Put your savvy to the test as you race against the other contestants and the clock to find gifts strewn about Menewsha in Seridano's scavenger hunt!

• Icestravaganza! - An Ice Sculpting Game (Team Dice Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Group up and try your hand at the art of ice sculpting, Mene style! Come by each day to roll the dice & watch as your team mascot takes shape. Whether you join teams Chilly, Pingu, Yumeh or Tatsu, the spirit of camaraderie & the thrill of friendly competition are bound to keep your cold fingers warm as you chip away at the ice! Though you might also want to wear gloves..

• Insert Title Here: Tabloid Naming Game (Naming Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Hear ye, hear ye! Submissions have been coming in strong for the new Mene Tabloid, but we simply cannot publish if we haven't got a proper name! Lend a moment of your time to Knerd and Cora for a chance to win a lump of gold & more!

• The Mene Storybook: Volume 1 (Story Writing Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    What do the NPCs, the Festival of Winter Nights, love and a pickle have in common? Attempt to answer this question and others with Iroase in this creative writing contest. Choose from a set of elements to incorporate into your own story. Favorite entries will be rewarded with gold and prizes; and later on the stories will have a chance to be illustrated in part 2 of the contest!

• Ribbons and Bows & Everything That Goes (Avatar Contest) --JUMP TO THREAD
    DariaMorgendorfer, Linnea, & Neller return with a fun & festive three-part avatar contest. Dazzle the judges with your color skills, try your hand at NPC cosplay, or take the Food-y challenge and create an outfit inspired by your favorite festive dish. Try one, or all three -- gold prizes await the very best entries! What are you waiting for?

• TOP SECRET: Operation NPC Gift (Creative Image Search) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Psst! Hey, you! Yes, you! Wanna help us shop for gifts for the NPCs? .. You do? That's great! But, we can't talk about it here.. *whispers* They might be listening.. Follow us!

• Winter RUMBLE! (Grid Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Ah, the holidays. Inclement weather, decorations, parties, shopping, baking -- so many things to complicate the season! Hidden around this lovely wintry hamlet are presents a-plenty, but getting to them might be tricky. Decide how you will overcome the daily challenges to advance your position on the grid & get a shot at those prizes!

• The Wishing Tree (Gifting/Raffle) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    They say good things come in trees ~ or is it threes? Join us for our third year of helping Menewshan wishes come true! Drop by and make a wish for a single item you've been wanting & add your name to the raffle list. If you're feeling gifty and have wealth to share, you can help spread cheer by secretly donating wish items for others. Last year, in an overwhelming display of community generosity, every single wish was granted! C'mon by for details. :)

Last edited by Iro; 12-24-2013 at 03:02 AM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 11-24-2013, 06:35 AM

Event Item Previews

Frozen Kingdom
(22 tokens)

*icicles at top of frame have two layering options
Created by Maria-Minamino

Our feathered friends
(20 tokens)

*there is also a right foot seed pose

A group effort by
Maria-Minamino (fat birds), ~LONGCAT~ (pigeons), & Iroase Delschatten (bird seeds and bag).

Cozy cabin
(23 tokens)

Winter Playmates
(20 tokens)

Time to Party
(15 tokens)

Created by Maria-Minamino, Seito, & Iroase Delschatten

Last edited by Cora; 01-01-2014 at 06:14 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-05-2013, 04:05 AM

Previews of the New Commons

Items created by Maria-Minamino, jellysundae, neller and Seridano

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-27-2013 at 05:30 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Reserved

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-18-2013 at 08:17 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:23 PM

Ah, I hope we're allowed to post! *is very excited*
I'm also glad the tokens DID roll over from last event!

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 PM

It has begun! ! Yay!

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:28 PM

I can't believe I caught it starting! XD

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 PM

OMG :D first event I caught starting lol

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 PM

It's always exciting isn't it?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2013, 12:07 AM

With regard to the commons. I'm going to go back and tag the ones that are already in the event store, then upload/tag/add each group of things. Rather than add the whole lot and go back and tag everything.

This process drives me absolutely nuts >< So breaking it up might maintain my sanity for a little bit longer.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-24-2013, 12:10 AM

Try to take it easy, Jelly. We can wait a bit and we better prefer somewhat-sane jelly. xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2013, 12:15 AM

Not sure you've ever really seen that kind of jelly

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 AM

I did say 'somewhat-sane'. ;) My expectations aren't that high. *gets snowballed in back* ...

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2013, 12:50 AM

Poor Jelly..
But, loving the look of the commons. Never fail to make them look great!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-24-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Not sure you've ever really seen that kind of jelly
Pshaw, I think you were born without it

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2013, 01:16 AM

Maybe you're so sure I have none, because you stole it!!

---------- Post added 12-24-2013 at 01:17 AM ----------

We're not supposed to be chatting in here, are we

-sidles away-

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-24-2013, 01:30 AM

Good Point

*takes to lurking*

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-24-2013, 01:33 AM

But why not? D:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2013, 01:34 AM

Hard to find actual questions if the thread is full of chatter.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-24-2013, 01:35 AM

Butbut... Oh fine. *slinks away*

Divacita
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-24-2013, 04:26 AM

yay, Div did not miss it.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-24-2013, 01:55 PM