Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 AM

Last edited by Knerd; 04-11-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 AM

How is everyone on this eggcellent day?

Somebunny once told me that you guys just adore the staff's witty jokes and repartees.
But for this event, we're putting the spotlight on you.

So we're asking you cool chicks to submit your best puns. Make us laugh, make us groan,
or just hoppily descend into the lowest form of humor. :lol:

So come on guys - Don't eggnore us.
This is no yolk!

Last edited by Knerd; 04-09-2009 at 08:01 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-08-2009, 02:44 AM

Rules
- All users must abide by Menewsha's Forum Rules and TOS

- Your entries must be written by you. If you are caught entering a plagiarized submission, you will receive an infraction and be barred from the contest.

- Puns may be submitted in three categories: One-liners, Jokes, and Short Stories (max 250 words).

- Each user may submit up to three entries in each category. (Three One-Liners, Three Jokes, Three Short Stories).

- Please submit all entries on your main account, not your mule.

- All puns must be in some way related to Springtime, Easter, or Menewsha.

- All entries must be submitted during the event. Once the event forum closes on April 18th, no more puns will be accepted. Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion forum shortly after the event ends.

Please use this form and post all entries within this thread.

I'm a Punny Bunny!
Username:
Category:
Pun:

Quote:
[size=4][b][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I'm a Punny Bunny![/COLOR][/b][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Category:[/b]
[b]Pun:[/b]

Last edited by Knerd; 04-10-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-08-2009, 02:48 AM

Prizes

An Overall Winner will receive their very own Jester Hat, Royal Cape, and 2k in gold.

The First, Second and Third Place Winners in each category will each receive 1k in gold, 500g and 250g respectively.

Staff Picks will be given out as well.

Last edited by Knerd; 04-10-2009 at 08:39 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 AM

Entries:
One-Liners

Risque
Hey guys, eggcellent contest idea. ;DDD

Micki Chiba
This is eggtorny to enter this contest.

Mingnon
It's sunny outside, so expect for some hot chicks. ;D

Kalium
I didn't understand the rules at first; so I won't be surprised if this eggsplodes in my face.

Majokko Honey-chan
I hope you have an egg-citing Easter!

Annex
How are you this Eggcelent day?

Kidalanna
To start a car, you put the key in the 'egg-nition'.

[Ogin]
Someone told me I was a funny bunny but I didn't understand why they said that because I am not a bunny, I am funny chick; big difference!

Metal Janachan
Why, what an egg-citing event you have this easter.

catz love elements
What an EGG-streme event ur having!!!

nvs
1. I couldn't find any eggs during the easter egg hunt, so I just went begging for them instead!
2. I thought I was going on an easter egg hunt, but this is more like an easter egg punt!
3. Those people are so eggoistic, to keep all those eggs for themselves!

Cemetery
My momma told me not to take things from strangers, But this stranger gave me some EGGCELENT chocolate, I just had to go with him!

LouieRae
I wish you a hoppy Easter and an eggcelent year.

LadyKikyo
How eggciting for you to have this eggcellent contest on this eggstrordinary day!

DariaMorgendorfer
Jerry McGuire at Easter "Show me the Bunny!"

Winter Wind
Everybunny needs somebunny to love. :3

Sushi Muffins
1. My family is going to celebrate the reggsurrection this Easter.
2. In our search for these bunnies for the event, should we go East er West?

Harmonia
If you want to know who's been hiding all these eggs this easter then just follow the bunny.

ANDi-CHANi
Bugs Bunny's reaction to a peep: "What's up, duck?"

Artsydaze
Don't get Easterical on me now, I was just hopping to crack a smile from yolk.

Trinitydoll♥
Menewsha is an Eggciting little rabbithole on the net with one of the most eggnergetic communities ever !

Fiziali
1. Don't egg-otistical people just get on your nerves?
2. Someone just told me the funniest yolk I've ever heard!
3. Weatherman: Here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the Nor'easter blowing in from Carrotopia!

BlueEyedWallflower
I would say Easter is my religion, but I'm egg-nostic.

Elwing
I love it how this event is egganized!!

Last edited by Knerd; 04-17-2009 at 06:30 PM..

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-08-2009, 03:02 AM

Entries:
Jokes

Loffel
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Hegg Whites!
Hegg whites, Who?
Your Hegg whites are leaking since i knocked on your egg!

Mysticalpchan
How'd the Easter bunny lay all these eggs eggs-actly?
It had to have had a lot of eggs-boyfriends!

catz love elements
So This day i went to the bar.
My friend was sitting sadly.
I went to him,asking:"What's shaking?"
He answered me:"The Easter Egg,Until I omeleted it"

nvs
John asked his mother: "How can the Easter Bunny hide all those eggs just in one single day?"
She replied: "Well, he eggxercises every day!"

Lanackse
Q: What do you get if you pour hot water down a rabbit hole?
A: Hot cross bunnies.

.Jazzed
Why is Easter like whipped cream and a cherry?
Because it's always on a sundae!

fairywaif
What did the chick say when it saw the after-Easter sales? Cheap! Cheap!

Last edited by Knerd; 04-16-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 AM

Entries:
Short Stories

Loffel
i hopped down to the grocery store one day feelin' like one hot chick, in need of some ear wax polish, when a bee got in my bonnet. Now I'm not the type to rain on an Easter parade in blossom, but i said to the bee, "Mr. Bee, must you be in my bonnet?" to which he replied, "I'm sorry ma'am! I wanted a Cadbury egg!"

PlatinumChild
A woman and her son were making treats for her son's class. The boy had a heart of gold, but wasn't exactly the child one had an honor roll bumper sticker for. He was, however, very good with food, having watched his mother countless times. He was staring at the oven when his mother asked, "Honey, how are the buns coming."
"Very bun-ny mom," he replied smugly. He'd learned a new word today without even using the dictionary.

Cemetery
I've worked so hard through out the years! This old bunny can't do it any more. I hop and hop, I give eggs and chocolate to everyone, Now, I'm just so tired! But i got friends now! I no longer hop, I fly on the back of an eggcelent dragon! He doesn't mind as long as i give him some candy in between flights from here... to over there! I am the Easter bunny, the one and only!

LemonWarlord
But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more eggpected soubriquet, to suggest the eggcellence of this celebration.

The event is an eggnormously, eggstravagant, eggstravganza, eggtolling the egglectic encourager in eggstension of the egglesiastical eggsentiality of Easter. Everyone eagerly eggpecting epic event elements, eggstaticly and emulously eggcountering our eggceptional eggagements entertaining the eggcited entities. Everyone eggceedingly eggpects every eggtant eggcerpt to be an eggpediently enjoyable eggperience.

Evidently this eggstremely entertaining essay is eggceptionally eggcessive, so let me simply enunciate that it’s my eggtraordinarily good honour to meet you and you may call me E(aster).

nvs
Meggie entered the room wearing leggings. When the dance teacher told her to beggin, she started dancing on reggae music. But suddenly she fell, because she negglected that the floor was irreggular. She almost broke her legg!

The 16 years old Danny was talking to his little brother Tom, who was 6. It was a bit before Easter break and Tom was already very excited about that. Danny, however, had still one exam to do and so told his brother, who desperately wanted to play with him: "Tomorrow I have an English exam, so I have to study, but after that I'll play with you ok?"
And Tom responded, grinning: "You can't say 'Eggs am'! You have to say 'Eggs are'!"

At school the teacher asked: "Next week is spring break, but I would like to tell you what we'll study when you come back to school. One of the main things will be ecology. So, can anyone tell me what ecology exactly is?"
Steve, a small boy, answered: "Eggology is the study of eggs!"

Strawberry Octopus
So, it turns out that my mom is a giant corn ball. I was texting away and out of no where she sends me a text that reads "Happy easter to one of my favorite peeps!" It made me giggle, and groan at the same time.

Esmereina
There were bunnies everywhere in the crops and the bushes of the farmers plant field. The Farmer sighed heavily and said to his wife, "My my, we have a hare-y situation here, time for the Nair Hare Remover."

Trinitydoll♥
I was like three years old and was taken by the kindeggarten teacher to a farm to see farm animals and all and a farmer was telling us how hen laid eggs and from those eggs came out chiks and then a couple of cheeks later it was Easter , we were all sitting at a table and my grandma had prepared eggspecial decorated eggs on a little cup for everyone, I really though she was giving us that as a present so we can all have a chick pet , when my grandad broke his egg with the spoon I freaked and cried and called him murdered!!!! XD my mom didnt know how to explain my behaviour or explain to me that I was pretty wrong XD hahahah

Cami
Every Easter, Dahlia would rush downstairs and eat all of her Easter candy as quickly as possible, stuffing herself full of chocolate and marshmallow delights before going to church. One Easter, she started feeling sick soon after arriving at church, and during the sermon had to run to the bathroom to throw up. When she returned and sat back down in the pew, her father turned to her and whispered, "Now, not another peep out of you."

Fiziali
A good friend of mine, and I used to make Easter lolly's to give away at the office around Easter time. We would melt different colored candy melts and use different flavors for each color of melts we would use. When we melted real chocolate, we added a few drops of orange flavoring to it, which was my favorite of all the lolly's we would make.

Well, we would set the molds on the counter to dry and take off to go shopping for a while, then come home to pop all the lolly's out of the molds.

This one year, we got back, one of the molds was on the floor, and we couldn't figure out why. One of the lolly's was missing from the mold, so we went in search of this mystery.

We found her cat, Baby, hiding in a corner munching down on the missing lolly. Baby just had to have his little Easter treat too, hehe. My friend exclaimed, 'Baby, what kind of egg-sample are you setting for your sister?'

Last edited by Knerd; 04-17-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Risque
bing chilling

Old 04-11-2009, 07:08 PM

I'm a Punny Bunny!
Username: Risque
Category: one-liners
Pun: Hey guys, eggcellent contest idea. ;DDD

*SHOT AND BRICK'D FROM ALL SIDES*

Monsieur
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-11-2009, 07:10 PM

LAWLZ WOW RISQUE WOW

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 07:10 PM

Haha thanks!
I won't brick you, I promise. I might groan a little bit though...

Risque
bing chilling

Old 04-11-2009, 07:21 PM

Groans are totally acceptable!

Thank you, thank you. >83

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Haha, nice Risque.

Question though...are the pages loading strangely for anyone else?

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 07:27 PM

Yes, I believe the pages are causing problems for all the users. It'll get fixed as soon as possible. :yes:

Risque
bing chilling

Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 PM

I just realized that eggcellent was already used in one of the post headers. xD

Now I feel bad for being an eggceptionally bad reader. ;_;

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 08:09 PM

It's okay. :lol:
I'm sure we're going to get a lot of egg- puns.
So at least you got your's in fast!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 04-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Ah, the delights that come with being first for these things. :3

I figured it'd be best for me to stay away from the egg- puns anyways. XD

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Micki Chiba Send a message via MSN to Micki Chiba Send a message via Yahoo to Micki Chiba

Old 04-11-2009, 08:23 PM

I'm a Punny Bunny!
Username:Micki Chiba
Category: One Liner
Pun:This is eggtorny to enter this contest.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Thanks Micki Chiba!
I put it on the front page.

Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Mingnon Send a message via MSN to Mingnon Send a message via Yahoo to Mingnon

Old 04-11-2009, 08:36 PM

I'm a Punny Bunny!
Username: Mingnon
Category: Pun
Pun: It's sunny outside, so expect for some hot chicks. ;D

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 04-11-2009, 08:44 PM

Everybunny needs somebunny to love.
:3 <3

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 04-11-2009, 10:22 PM

I'm a Punny Bunny!
Username:Kalium
Category: One Liners
Pun:"I didn't understand the rules at first; so I won't be surprised if this eggsplodes in my face."

Last edited by Kalium; 04-11-2009 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: correcting typos

KamenRiderNadeshiko
Henshin Heroine

Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 PM

I'm a Punny Bunny!
Username: Majokko Honey-chan
Category: One Liners
Pun: "I hope you have an egg-citing Easter!"

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 PM

Thanks guys!

Edit:
Kalium, is that your final submission?

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 04-11-2009, 10:32 PM

Knerd, yes. Not to mention it's true; I am rather careless today.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Okey-doke.
Next time, just be sure to decide on your post before submitting it. You had me a little confused when I saw three different puns each time I loaded the page. :lol: