M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-17-2016, 12:57 AM

{Omg 14 points of damage?!? How unlucky is Jolmah D:
I'm going to take cover and do ranged attacks now because I don't want to take any more damage here}

Jolmah's hp 06/28

The goblin sinks its morning star deep into the right side of Jolmah's body, crushing the organs and ribs there.
In agony, Jolmah moves as fast as she can to take cover behind the trees southwest of her (diagram attached).
{Hopefully it is only 20 ft to reach those trees. Cover gives me +4 to AC right?
If I can reach those trees with my movement action then I will do a ranged sling attack for my standard action, but if it requires two move actions to reach those trees then I will just do those two move actions and end my turn}
Ranged (sling) attack roll (if trees are 20ft or less away): The 20-sided dice lands on 3 +2 +1 (dex modifier) {I don't think there is a range penalty at this distance}
Damage roll, if it hits: The 4-sided dice lands on 1 + 2 (sling bullets) +1 (dex modifier)

---------- Post added 09-17-2016 at 12:59 AM ----------

Silly me, I forgot to mention which goblin I was attacking (if I get to on this turn).
I want to attack the goblin closest to me after I take cover behind those trees.

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-17-2016, 11:47 PM

Even with Aya's plus 1 on point blank range aim the arrow misses its target flying off towards the east side of the path into the woods. (That 2. oh my gosh. and you're fine by the way. That's why i said this will be more laid back :] life is crazy)

Jolmah is able to quickly escape the slow brained goblins and make it to the cover of the hillside trees, ducking behind a large boulder she pulls out her sling to prepare an attack for the next round. (Switching weapons is an action as well. So you'd have to wait another turn to actually release a stone)

With the goblin running up in her face and now taking a brutal stab towards her, Aya's concentration is not on spotting the missing element in the battle.

Two of the goblins that were battling Jolmah look around in confusion and run off into the woods. The other that had been facing in the direction she headed stalked towards the trees with its morningstar swinging back and forth menacingly as it stalked down its prey.

The goblin on the carriage takes another swing with its morningstar doing another The 6-sided dice lands on 2 +2 points of damage to its backside. The people trapped inside screamed as the exterior weakened. While its friend on the other side has climbed up and swung up on top of the carriage towards the door where the screams can be heard coming from.

By Burne the terrified goblin is screaming bloody murder and tries to back away from Burne again only to be confronted by an equally annoyed comrade who wants to fight the filthy human screaming in dwarven at them. He drops his spear and pulls out his morningstar to tap his comrade on the head with in annoyance causing The 3-sided dice lands on 2 points of damage to the poor terrified thing who doesn't have the brains to run left or right.

Morningstar goblin sees his opportunity to move in and slinks around the dead bodies to come at Burne's backside.

Last edited by Inspiration; 09-18-2016 at 12:21 AM..

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-18-2016, 03:44 AM

{Oh ya, using my sling counts as drawing a weapon which is an action. I hope that my attack and damage rolls are equally as good or better than the ones I had in my previous post}

Jolmah's hp 06/28

Jolmah felt that the goblin heading her way seemed more intelligent and dangerous than the rest. This made her more determined to kill. She also couldn't stand the sight of goblins using morning stars because she believed the morning star should only be wielded by noble and intelligent beings.

Jolmah aimed her sling at the goblin moving towards her and released a stone its way.
Ranged attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 14 +2 +1
Damage roll, if it hits: The 4-sided dice lands on 1 +2 +1

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-18-2016, 02:36 PM

Aya grew frustrated at her aim and pulled out her light shield and rapier (using her move action) and attempts to bury the blade in the goblin.
(I can't remember what damage for a rapier is)
The 20-sided dice lands on 3 roll to hit.

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaijin

Old 09-18-2016, 10:41 PM

(a rapiers damage is a 1d6 the crit is x4. you use your strength bonus for additional damage.)

Burne gets annoyed looking at the pathetic goblin that is continuously being force back to him and decides that he must end its pathetic existance.

Attack: The 20-sided dice lands on 9+4+3+1
Damage (Pending Hit): The 8-sided dice lands on 4+4

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-18-2016, 10:57 PM

(Woah! Very nice critical Aya. you're gonna destroy this thing! xD)

The goblin gets hit hard by the stone but it does not deter it from its forward movement. It rolls a The 20-sided dice lands on 4 +2 to see if it notices what direction the stone came from.

The terrified goblin finally collapses under the combined forces of the warhammer and the morningstar of its companion. (that oops i forgot to draw that it had pulled out) It collapsed onto the ground and the goblin behind it took its 5 foot step into the space not caring that it was stepping on its useless companion. It took a swing with its morning star, but just like all of the goblins that stepped on their fallen companions it failed to find proper aim that would cause any damage, only hitting armor.

The other finished its movement and stepped up by Burne's backside and swung, missing as Burne dodged the other morning star that only ended up lightly tapping him.

Remaining in turn:
Aya's damage roll.
Bottom half of the goblins turns.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-19-2016, 01:29 AM

Crit roll The 20-sided dice lands on 11
Damage roll The 6-sided dice lands on 3 + (str = 16 idk what my bonus is... 3?) x 4 (if crit)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-19-2016, 02:01 PM

(wow... 4x4. 16 damage , great damage roll to go with that crit. xD. still dead)

The remaining two runaways flee into the woods while the third from their group scrambles up onto the boulder where it saw the rock come from that Jolmah chucked at it. It's climbing taking up its turn as it found the right footing to get up it being a slimy little creature.

The goblin in front of Aya gets pierced by her rapier and let's out a startled cry before sliding to the ground, its eyes wide open in shock. Over at the overturned caravan the goblin punches through the exterior wall one more time with its morning star The 6-sided dice lands on 6 +2 , breaking the back open to the screams of those inside. From above, the other goblin drops in on top of them with a leering grin and raises its spear towards them.

Start of next round:
You will all need to roll a spot check as well as a listen check.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-19-2016, 05:12 PM

The 20-sided dice lands on 15 Spot
The 20-sided dice lands on 1 Listen

(What is my access in regards to the goblins at the caravan? Which ones are within aim?)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-19-2016, 06:40 PM

The goblins at the caravan are inside of the wagon now. One has just dropped in from the "roof"/door. The other came in the backside which is just out of Aya's view. You can hear the obvious cries of the people inside the caravan and just spot the goblin drop in from the top.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-19-2016, 10:13 PM

(Okay, so how far away am I from the caravan?)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-19-2016, 10:33 PM

Aya is roughly sixty feet from the caravan.

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-20-2016, 12:26 AM

Swinging his mighty warhammer burne attempts to kill the goblin in front of him. "Die you retched things, Die!!!"
atk: The 20-sided dice lands on 14+4+3+1
dmg: The 8-sided dice lands on 2+4

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-20-2016, 01:14 AM

(So if Aya full sprints to the wagon, would she still be too far?)

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-20-2016, 12:54 PM

Jolmah noticed that the goblin is now in range of her morning star. She returned her sling and took out her morning star.
She aimed at the goblin climbing the boulder in front of her.
Please let this be the last hit, I need to be done with this goblin and save the poor people in the caravan.

Melee attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 5 +2 +3
Damage roll, if it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 7 +3

---------- Post added 09-20-2016 at 12:56 PM ----------

{Did not notice that we had to do spot and listen checks for this round until after I submitted my post -_-
Let me do that now}

Spot check: The 20-sided dice lands on 14 +1 +3
Listen check: The 20-sided dice lands on 7 +3

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-20-2016, 05:53 PM

(it's okay Min. my husband didn't even notice that you needed to roll. I'm gonna have to prod him to post that roll)

Nope, Aya would be able to reach the carvan this turn with a sprint, but not do anything besides that this turn. You have 30 feet speed being a half -elf, and your leather armor doesn't slow you down any.

Jolmah's goblin fell backwards back off the boulder into the clearing again. Across the clearing Burne's cry rung out as his next victim fell to his feet. The one besides him swung in retaliation and again had no effect. The scale mail Burne wore was doing its job to protect him from the onslaught of attacks from all of the goblins.

Left in Round: Aya determing movement or something else.
Goblins at caravan
Burne's listen and spot check
and... :O

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-20-2016, 05:55 PM

spot: The 20-sided dice lands on 7+2
listen: The 20-sided dice lands on 19+2
(i forgot to roll them)

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-20-2016, 10:25 PM

{Haha look at that spot check xD
Let's just say that Jolmah was so focused on the goblin approaching her that it was all she could see
Aw man, something is going to appear and Jolmah will be oblivious to it! I really hope the thing(s) aren't approaching from behind her}

Question, does this mean the goblin is dead?
Quote:
Jolmah's goblin fell backwards back off the boulder into the clearing again.

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-21-2016, 01:05 AM

(oops yeah sorry. i was kinda rushed on that particular post i didn't double check what i typed)

The goblins lifeless body sent up a puff of dust as it hit the ground back in the clearing. As it lands Jolmah here's a rustle in the woods around her. Something small and quiet, like the shifting of clothes or leaves in the wind. It couldn't have come from the dead body as it had been on nothing soft.

As the goblin collapses in front of Burne he hears a snap of a twig and looks up to see several goblins moving in the trees.

I am holding the actions of the caravan goblins until i know what Aya is doing, but she will spot a movement in the trees as well hearing the same twig snap that Burne did. She will see the movement on the east side of the map. Jolmah will hear the movement near her, and Burne will see the movement near Jolmah.

ACtions left:
Aya's turn
Caravan goblins
Goblins in woods appearance.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-21-2016, 04:47 AM

Aya sprints to the caravan, hoping to make it in time to dispose of the goblin inside before it can cause any trouble.
(Can I just ram it? I'll probably take damage but it might startle the goblin inside)

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-21-2016, 01:15 PM

(there is a charge attack in the phb. p:154, its probably the action you'd prefer to take)

Last edited by Jaijin; 09-21-2016 at 01:18 PM..

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-21-2016, 01:33 PM

Charge attack has to be a straight line to your target, and its just barely making it with no dead bodies in the way. Ending just slightly to the left of where the door is. You're gonna use a strength check roll against the caravan (basically ramming it with your shoulder) It has a +2 bonus to the attack roll It would be a charge and bull rush attack, because you're not actually trying to do damage, but trying to just push/shake the caravan.

you're gonna roll a d20 +3 for your strength and +2 for charging into the bull rush of the caravan.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-21-2016, 02:53 PM

The 20-sided dice lands on 20 +3 +2
(Do I roll a damage roll against myself for ramming?)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-21-2016, 08:00 PM

Oh holy heck!
Aya not only smashes into the caravans roof, but smashes through the caravans roof. Roll a dex check to see if you stay on your feet. You take The 3-sided dice lands on 1 points of damage from the splintering wood as you smash through into the interior of the caravan.

The goblin at the rear is startled and stands dumbly at the hole it's smashed through the back of the caravan. The one who has its spear raised to a human woman, and another girl who is obviously her young daughter by their similar appearances spins around in shock. The crash through the wall has had its intended effect as the goblins stair dim witted at the tiny half elf who has just crashed through a wooden surface.

Aya in her sprint would barely see the movement at the edge of the forest as several goblins move barely into sight, mostly as movement at the edge of her vision. The source of the missing archers finally revealing themselves.

On the other side of the clearing Burne can see the movement of the goblins appearing at the edge of the clearing as they move into position.

The next round may start.
Aya just needs to roll her dex check to see if she stays upright. and with a 20 dex i'm sure she does :D So it can be combined with the next round.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-22-2016, 12:39 AM

Jolmah heard what seemed like movement coming from the trees and bushes behind her. Not wanting to be near whatever it was, she decided to move towards the spear to the right of her. Once Jolmah reached the spear she put away her morning star and grabbed it, looking around for goblins to target.

{Hopefully I can do both those things in one turn. Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons so I should be able to use it.
What type of spear is it? A spear, shortspear, or longspear, and is it small or medium-sized? (Hopefully it is just a normal spear)
Also, if I could end my turn behind some sort of cover like another large rock or a tree that would be great :D }