Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 08:57 AM

There probably aren't many people around who dislike pizza.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 10:20 AM

I think I've only met one person in all my 25 years who didn't like pizza.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:10 PM

I've never met anyone in my life so far that doesn't like pizza, only people who like pizza, but choose not to eat it out of health reasons.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:09 PM

The one person I met only didn't like it because he'd worked at a pizza shop for a while and got sick of it, haha. I could never get tired of pizza, though. 😛

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 03:00 PM

Oh, lol! I guess I would get sick of pizza too if I ate it every day! But after a while I'd go back to craving it again.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 07:20 PM

I like to think I wouldn't, but I suppose it's possible that I would. There are so many kinds, though! Not just toppings-wise but also in terms of where you get it from.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:19 AM

Yeah but I'm pretty sure I'd get sick of the cheese or the crust eventually, even if the toppings change.

...I could sure do with a pizza right now... *is hungry*

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-27-2019, 03:25 AM

*raises hand* I hated pizza growing up. I could sort of barely stomach it if it was cheese-only but pepperoni made me gag. But I had weird tastes. I hated cheese burgers, hot dogs, steak, most fish, salad dressing, most sauces and dips, anything with a strong vinegar taste, lasagna, eggs, etc. I loved basic carbs (cereal, bread, pasta, rice), fruits, veggies, chicken, and shrimp. And that’s about it.

Sometime around my teen years my tastebuds started to change and I found that I liked all of the stuff I listed above. Now I’ll eat pretty much anything, even “weird” things like natto (sticky fermented soybeans), cow tongue & other animal organs, raw horse meat, raw egg...

Anyway! Back on topic, I love pizza that has lots of veggies on it. In Japan, mayonnaise and corn is a popular pizza topping. It sounds gross, but it’s better than you’d expect.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-27-2019, 06:31 AM

I hate mayonnaise so any topping that has mayo on it I tend not to each much of. It also makes getting a chicken burger a nightmare because they always have a ton of mayonnaise in it. I have to remember to tell the cashier taking my order not to add any mayo and sometimes they forget and add it anyways.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-27-2019, 06:35 AM

Probably not a good flavor choice for you then.

With American mayo I can take it or leave it but I quite like Japanese mayo. Something about the formula is different so it doesn’t have that soured taste. Japanese ketchup is also different: more sharp tomato hues and not nearly as sweet. I miss actual hot sauce though. All you usually find here is tobasco and most things labeled as “spicy” seem to be super mild.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-27-2019, 07:06 AM

I could probably handle a slice or two but they probably wouldn't be my first choice if there are other flavors. Unless the other flavor is Hawaii in which case I may just rather go with the mayo and corn. I'm firmly one of those who stand with the side of 'pineapple does not belong on a pizza' though I know a lot of people who like it as a topping.

I wonder what our mayo and ketchup are like compared to Japanese/American mayo and ketchup; I've never really noticed the difference as I avoided mayo when possible and went through a phase in the United States where I disliked ketchup and only started eating it after I started living in Taiwan.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-27-2019, 07:19 AM

Aww, I don’t hate Hawaiian pizza but it’s also not my favorite either. It’s something I’d eat if served to me but never order myself.

Hmm, no idea. I’ve only tried US and Japanese flavors so I don’t know which one would be similar.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 05:10 AM

Posted this in discord already but here's my response anyway XD

I'd eat Hawaiian pizza if it was served to me but I'd never order it myself unless it was the only thing on the menu. Something about the juicy-sweet-sour taste just doesn't mesh well with the ham and cheese to me. :(

I'm guessing our flavors might be more similar to Japan's than America's because our ketchup's always tasted pretty sour I think, not overly sweet. :O According to my dad our mayo's more sour than sweet like Japan's though.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-29-2019, 10:52 AM

I think the warmed pineapple part is unpleasant enough, but I do agree that the combination is also odd to me. I'd eat it if I had to but it wouldn't be my first choice either.

Japanese mayo sounds interesting! I don't like American mayo except in tuna/chicken salad, but if Japanese mayo tastes different I'd be willing to try it.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 01:22 PM

I wish there were a super market around here where they sold these condiments from different parts of the world and I can compare them with one another. XD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-30-2019, 12:48 AM

I don’t know how to describe it, but it’s just different. I don’t put it on everything but it’s pretty good with veggies and it’s common to dip karaage (a type of fried chicken) in mayo which is surprisingly good.

If you’re anywhere near an Asian supermarket, they might have some in stock. The main brand is Kewpie, I think.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-30-2019, 01:16 AM

Honey mustard goes really well with fried chicken Though the mustard sometimes tastes a bit like mayo so I wonder if they have it mixed in or something.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2019, 01:29 AM

I love most Japanese sauces. I forget the name of it but there's a Brown sauce in like a little squeezy may naise bottle I think it starts with a T? I could eat that on everything

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-30-2019, 01:56 AM

I only know of those little plastic fish bottles that usually contain soy sauce. ;;

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2019, 03:01 AM

I'll have to look on J list. I think that's where I got some after I moved back to the States

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Tonkatsu sauce? Teriyaki sauce? That’s all I can think of that’s brown and starts with “T”. Those sauces are a bit strong for me so I tend to go light on my condiments... unless it’s ketchup. For whatever reason I’ve always loved an unhealthy amount of ketchup for things like fries or chicken nuggets. I rarely eat them here though.