Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 AM

So I was bored on Netflix the other day, and I saw a cartoon that I heard was quite funny. So I was like "What the hell, why not?" And now, I'm obsessed with this little green alien and his "special" robot sidekick. Sooo, any other fans?

Some questions to get the discussion going

1.) How'd you find Invader Zim? Did you watch it as a child? If so, do you remember the first episode?

2) Favourite characters, quotes, moments, pairings?

3) BRINGING IT BACK. Agree or disagree (Agree? Like Operation Head Pigeons 2.0 on Facebook :D)

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 AM

I absolutely love Invader Zim. I
love the animation if anything, it's so nice and dark.
Really unlike anything.
I found it when I was young, around middle school.
I was scared of it when I was in elementry though.
My friends say I sound a lot like Dib, which is pretty cool. > .>
Even though he's a dude, and my favorite character is Gir. :heart:

I think the guy who helped made Invader Zim made another
cartoon called Lenore. it's kinda old like 2002. here's a clip for ya.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-01-2011, 11:23 PM

I used to read Johnny the homicidal maniac comics so when I heard Invader Zim was written by Jhonen Vasquez I had to watch it.

It's just too bad the series was cut sort. The only way I'd want it brought back is if the same writers were hired. Other than that, no, leave it off air with no new stuff.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 07-02-2011, 07:34 AM

I love ANYTHING by Jhonen Vasquez! I heard that Nick didn't know ...(somehow) about the JTHM before they aired ZIM and then afterwards found out about it and were like ooooh well that's not for kids *yanK*
But Zim is on my instant play for Netflicks so I watch it all the time >.< I love TAK! and Gaz she makes me happier then a rat on a muffin!

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-02-2011, 04:50 PM

I actually heard Invader Zim was cancelled because Jhonen Vasquez kept on trying to kill of the characters. For example, he wanted to kill Dib in The Nightmare Begins, and Keef in Best Friends XDD They seemed to have cancelled it at a really poor time, the planned episodes after the Christmas ones were going to show a lot of backstory about the characters D:

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-05-2011, 03:40 AM

Honestly, I don't know what Nick was thinking having Jhonen Vasquez create a show for them. XD This thread made me start watching Invader Zim all over again though. XD

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 PM

I loves that show! I have no idea how or when I watched when i was little ._.

I have this epic Gir hat though that I wear all the time <3

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 PM

I adore Zim. I have some episodes on my ipod, on my brothers Xbox, and every friday night my family watches it on Nick ^.^

I actually can't remember how I found it. I only started watching it recently (last few months), but I can remember people talking about it, for like ever.

Gir and Gaz are my favorites. Gaz because we're similar in personality.
Gir because I can mimic him. I love running around singing the 'Doom' song or saying 'To make room for the tuunna/cupcake!' My family loves the fact I can talk in a Gir voice ^.^

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-06-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessFairy View Post
I have this epic Gir hat though that I wear all the time <3
I. AM. SO. JEALOUS. YOU. WOULDN'T. EVEN. BELIEVE. IT. I've been meaning to get some Zim merchandise, but there aren't Hot Topics in Canada, or at least where I live. I would want something with Zim on it though, so I guess I'll have to go to eBay...

Btw, anyone hear of Operation Head Pigeons? I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but has anyone heard of Operation Head Pigeons? It's a group on Facebook to bring IZ BACK! Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operat...92285627467543
Show your support :D

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-10-2011, 06:20 PM

zim wont be back at least on nickelodeon nick let it run for like 1 season then pulled it because of its uh elements and or themes the humor is not exactly kid humor at all, this show is awesome but the only way i can see this coming back is if adult swim did it lol and I can tell you if they did. It Would be even funnier and I am sure they would get the same guy to do it.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 AM

Jhonen refused to come back to write for the show or do art for the show if it came back so it wouldn't ever be the same. I think it's best left as it is if Jhonen doesn't want to do work on it.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 PM

N/A

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-08-2015 at 08:08 PM..

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM

I love this show sooo damn much. I looked it up on netflex after buying a Gir backpack at hotopic I still remember the first episode
I vote yes to bringing it back ( o you can watch it on nick on waterway mornings sometimes ^^)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-21-2011, 07:06 AM

I love this show =D and I'd totally love to see more episodes XD but unlikely if he started new videos...

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 AM

as said before I can see the only way this coming back is if the guy who writes for it asks adult swim lol if you think about it the humor fits adult swim perfectly invader zim is NOT for children despite it being on nick before. there were so many adult jokes I lost count and my little sister just sat there watching it wondering wtf I was laughing about cause she didn't get them.

checho
hellow

Old 07-22-2011, 11:26 PM

invaderzim rox i ues to wach it on nikaloden but thay took it off T^T

MadMustache
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Invader Zim is awesome. I managed to nab the entire season on DVD at a convention, and surprisingly, haven't been watching it. Reading this thread makes me think I should lol The show was weird, but it just appealed so much to my tastes.

darkmystery11234
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 AM

BRING IT BACK!!! i absolutely love this show!!! and my favorite character is none other than gir :D

luvlolli
Music Is My Escape :P
Send a message via Yahoo to luvlolli

Old 07-26-2011, 05:00 AM

I love invader zim! If you watch nicktoons were some of the shows that aren't on nick anymore are on nicktoons.Because on the nicktoons at my house invader zim is on every week. I have to say i love gaz and gir the best. Also if you go into hot topic or if you look online at hottopic.com they have invader zim shirts and accessories. But most of their invader zim stuff is mostly gir in the hot topic store close to my house.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 07-26-2011, 01:54 PM

OKAY:
I don't remember how to find it, i think i just came across a rerun one day and instantly fell in love. as for the first episode... I have the entire first season on DVD
Gir. I love Gir! its my nickname of my college friends and ill tell you why:
i have 11 Gir shirts, 2 Gir hoodies, Gir sandles, Gir earmuffs, Gir blanket, Gir pillowcase, Gir bookbag, a Gir beach bag, and a Gir towel. 95% of all of those were gifts. I also made a 2 foot tall plaster Gir in art class one day in my junior year of high school

sadly, that hoodie dosent fit me anymore, my breasts got bigger and i gad to get rid of it :(
Favorite quotes:
1. pretty much anything said by gir
2) "bow down! bow down! before the power of santa! of be crushed! be crushed! byyyyyy...... his jolly boot of doom!"

if its brought back the likelyhood of having the same crew of writers and everything is slim, so they would more than likely just show reruns.but id be happy with that

Zombee.
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 09:15 AM

I found it because I kept seeing everyone with merchandise of gir everywhere, so I caved into curiousity and looked it up. I absolutely adore it now and, of course, Gir is my favourite quote. One of my favourite moments is when Gir sings the doom song. I can sing it in perfect timing along with him. xDD

I really wish they'd bring it back, all they play are reruns and while those are good, they're still only on every once and a while and usually really late at night so I end up missing 'em.

kiba-akina
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2011, 06:31 PM

I looved Invader Zim, but then they took it off..and after a while they brought it back, but I didn't have the channel they put it on...I was so upset.
I like Gir!
I don't even remember the Quotes from that show...it's been so lonng since I've watched it.

CupcakeWitchling
The Cake is a Lie

Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 PM

I LOVE invader Zim. I used to watch it when i was younger but didn't start obsessing till later. I'd definitely vote for it to come back. and they do show episodes on NickToons but i want more episodes! My favorite character is Gir!! The first episode was funny! (Im gonna sing the doom song now!!!) My favorite quote is either (I Lov-Ed you Piggy! I Lov-Ed You!!) Or ( I saw a squirrel...It was going like this! *squirrel sound*))

Abduco
I don't know what I'm doing
Send a message via AIM to Abduco

Old 08-17-2011, 04:01 AM

I was five or six when it came out. I remember it premiered the same night as The Fairly Oddparents. I'd watch them both, but the latter more often because IZ scared the crap out of me. Especially that episode with the babies.. which is probably why it's not on anymore :XD I own the DVDs now. I'm disappointed that they didn't finish the second season because I loved the few episodes they had so far much better than the first..

Violet_Beauregarde91
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2011, 04:25 AM

I freakin' love Invader Zim...I first saw it when I was 15. I have the whole series on DVD! My favorite characters are Gaz, GIR and Zim himself! They should definitely bring back Invader Zim, (imitates GIR) I love this shooow!
BRING IT BACK, YOU FILTHY HUMANS! Lol, :P!