Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 10-14-2011, 04:28 PM

I am known as Kia, most of you know me from the roleplaying section.

Well now I have a problem, I have no books until I got up to the library, been almost a year now. For someone who reads so much, its like torture when you want to read something and it is not there to read.

So I need some help finding sci fi, fantasy, mystery TV shows (vampires, wolves, experiments, (alien is fine but im not a great fan of them) mutants, etc.) this is what I am looking for.

What I already have seen... (can be cartoon but not anime please)
- Heroes
- SmallVille
- X-files
- X-men
- True Blood
- Supernatural (currently trying to finish)
- FRINGE (Not yet watched)
- Vampire Diaries (I won't watch it)
- Angel
- Buffy
- Charmed

There is more but I can't think of them all, that covers what I watched or mostly so, there is another one but I cannot think of the name. And I won't watch Dr. Who, its not my thing.

Please. please. please help me out here.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 PM

I know you said you aren't a huge fan of aliens, but have you tried the Stargate Atlantis series? I'm about halfway through the first season, and even though the quality isn't great, I'm enjoying the story.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-15-2011, 12:08 AM

I actually won't watch it, not being rude to its fans, I just don't like stargate, or star trek, or things like that. But thank you for the thought and I love your avatar. So lovely.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 AM

Unfortunately, that's all I could think of. XD

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-15-2011, 02:57 AM

That is alright, I do believe I am going to the library in a couple days, so that should help too :)

Classik
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 AM

I suggest you try out Sanctuary and Firefly. Though, I highly suggest Sanctuary more than the other one, because Firefly is a lot like stargate/star trek/Dr Who, and it sounds like those aren't your thing.

Also, I don't suggest you watch Fringe. I watched the first season and it was a waste of time. But that's just my opinion, it may be different for you. I just found it very dull and slow.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-15-2011, 04:31 PM

I will keep that in mind, I have watched Sanctuary and FireFly my mom has :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-15-2011, 08:00 PM

I disagree with Classik about Fringe. I liked it. The first few episodes seem quite random, but it gets better at about episode ten.

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM

I recommend Fringe, definitely worth a watch, the pilot don't do it justice. I don't really like the 3rd season but the 4th seems promising though.
Have you seen Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? otherwise I recommend that. Also Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Firefly, Being Human and She-Wolf in London.
Have you seen Dead Like me? I loved that series, but it's not much fantasy I guess. I'll come back if I can think of something else. :)

edit:
She-wolf in london might be tricky to find though, it's not out on dvd or for sale in any traditional way. It sucks cuz it's a great series that a friend recommended for me.

Last edited by Aspinou; 10-18-2011 at 02:13 PM..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 PM

Oh I haven't seen the chronicles one

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 10-19-2011, 03:06 PM

How about the 4400? It's four seasons, but it ends kind of abruptly (it was canceled due to the writer's strike a long time ago). The 4400 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-19-2011, 04:45 PM

ah ok that sounds familar.