Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:36 PM

Banner Made by the lovely Zigbigadorelube

This event we are gathering gifts from all the islands for the less fortunate then we are! We've got lots a gifts from all over the place. Menewsha, Zajac, Merkhet, Vile, Gwydion, Dainae, Typhon, Kiyo, Milos and even the Mainland have contributed to this lovely occasion! The world is really coming together to help support the cause.

All this talk of different islands really got me thinking about what the different islands do to celebrate the holidays! I mean, I know what we do here on Menewsha but what sort of traditions do they have on the other islands!

I want you to help me investigate three islands, Merkhet, Milos, and Dainae and find me some lovely holiday traditions!

ANOUNCEMENT: I am going to be very busy over the next couple of days, I will be updating when I can sneak glances at my computer, I promise I will be getting these results out as quick as I can, as well as judging the days. But have patience with me, day before, christmas, and day after are always crazy for me but I promise I haven't forgotten you

Last edited by Cora; 12-25-2014 at 02:51 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:37 PM

For this game you guys will be separated into 3 teams, each team being assigned one of the three islands applicable in this game Dainae, Milos, and Merkhet. On day 1 (or any other day that you feel like you need a refresher) you are going to want to visit your team’s post and read up on the inspiration for that island. You will need to remember this information as you go out and search for different items to suit the day’s theme.

Every day you will be given a category. Your job for each day is to find items that fit the category within your theme. For example, if your category is Ornaments and your Island is Dainae you would find me an Asian inspired ornament, like this:

Your method of finding these entries is open but I will tell you that different media’s are worth different points for your team overall.
Google search photo- 1 point
Personal Photo(with username in photo)- 2 points
Artwork- 3 points
Personal Craft(Also must have username)- 4 Points
Each person may submit up to 2 entries for every category of the event, so choose wisely. You must be able to justify how your entry fits your Island and category.

Each day, the best submission on each team gets a small prize for the player who submitted it. These "daily best" submissions then go head to head and the overall best submission of the day earns their team an extra 10 points.

Free For All!

For this Last Day, Anything goes!

Last edited by Cora; 01-01-2015 at 12:46 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:37 PM

1) 2 submissions per person per day.
2) No Mules allowed, there are enough chances to win to go around.
3) This is a friendly competition, remember to keep it so
4) Have Fun!

Q: Can my mulie play?
A: No, sorry they cannot.

Q: Can my Charity Mule Play?
A: As long as it is for your charity and not for you I’ll allow it.

Q: What time do the days switch over.
A: I am hoping to shoot for 8PM EST, but it could 8-9PM depending on when I can get to it.

Last edited by Cora; 12-23-2014 at 12:07 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:38 PM

For the winning team, each member will be entered into the raffle for the following items for each entry they had entered into the contest.

Merkhet-129
Milos- 258
Dainae- 269

Last edited by Cora; 01-03-2015 at 08:05 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:42 PM

Merkhet is an island which has Egyptian influences, though Greece and Rome may also have influenced Merkhet as well. While things may be heavily influenced by the great ancient civilizations there is a modernness to Merkhet as well. Think Ancient Egypt with a modern twist. They are deeply influenced by the celestial, the star patterns as well as the sun and moon heavily influence everyday life in Merkhet. The three goddesses dance, song, and feast as well as the Star Eater are from Merkhet. The celeste paradi celebration originated in Merkhet.

Your Team Mascot is.......ba da dum.....
THE STAR EATER!

1) Antagonist
2) Nema
3) Mageling
4) sadrain
5) linapoo
6) Colours
7) Imagination
8) Kamikaze Kendra
9)HamletSpamlet
10)Mnemosyne
11)Jezriel
12)musasgal
13)Zombie Pixie
14)Woofie267
15)Elirona
16)bearysplash
17)Dystopia
18) Shadami
19)Divacita
20)Narcotic Dolly
21) Popcorn Gun
22) Damia Flagg
23)Velvet
24)PrincessKasumi
25)LizzyCollinsDeArc
26)lunanuova
27)Liquid Diamond
28)Celestrya
29) Wulfwynn
30) Whimzica
31)Rochiel Silverfire
32)DivineHeart
33)fireprincess
34)Kent
35)Hadsvich

Entry Form:
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]This is so Merkhet![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Username: [/B]
[B]Entry:[/B]
[B]My Entry fits the theme because: [/B]

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Dystopia
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I like camels.

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I REALLY like camels.

IT ISN'T CHRISTMAS WITHOUT CAMELS.
Quote:
XD merkhet is getting destroyeeeeddd

This is so Merkhet!
Username: linapoo
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: majestic stars were always studied by Egyptians. :D
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A Merkhet Pendulum. B) Essential for keeping time.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: its little adorable gingerbread men in star eater hair wigs. (pharoah headdresses)

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:they never get the stories right. Its not reindeer, its camels!

Last edited by Cora; 01-02-2015 at 01:06 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:43 PM

Milos is an island which is predominantly influenced by Greek, although Roman and fantasy aspects were an influence as well. The island is populated mostly by Faun and other similar creatures. It has small villages and cities situated high in craggy mountains and pleasant valleys. Milos is very pastoral in nature. Exports from Milos include Wine, Cheese and hand craft pottery. The Mystic Faun Comes from Milos.

Your Team Mascot is.....ba da dum....
MYSTIC FAUN!

1) Belly Button
2)SuperZombiePotatoe
3)zigbigadorlube
4) Razak
5) ConnieLass
6)CrimsonShadow
7)2600
8)Nephila
9)Alexander J Luthor
10)Pandora's Box
11)shinigamikarasu
12)ClockReject
13)Bearzy
14)Captain Pains
15)Roxxy
16)Jeannesha
17)Midian
18)XoGizmooX
19)Whisper Invictus
20)~LONGCAT~
21) Seiki Nova
22)D.J. Dead
23)Mikio
24)Clair Voyant
25)Sandy
26)X---AznCo0ki3
27)Vanora
28)LaVida
29)pollik17
30)spicedroses
31) Mythos
32) CK
33) GwenaHikari
34) EirianHikari
35)LacyLove

Entry Form:
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]This is so Milos![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]My Entry fits the theme because:[/B]

Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: Whisper Invictus
Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view
My Entry fits the theme because: Can I just -leaves this here- "Modern Day Milosian"
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: LaVida
Entry: Milos Baby
Milos Baby, slip a CI under the tree, For me.
been an awful good girl, Milos baby,
hurry to the party tonight.

Milos baby, a '07 lovelipop too,
dark red.
I'll wait up for you dear,
Milos baby, komma to the festival tonight.

Think of all the fun I've missed,
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed,
Next year I'll be just as good,
If you'll check off my New Year's list,

Milos baby, I want more Menes,
And really that's not a lot,
Been an angel all year,
Milos baby, so hurry to the party tonight.

Milos honey, there's one thing I really do need,
The plushie
Of all the NPC's,
Milos honey, komma to the festival tonight.

Come and trim my Mene tree,
With some decorations bought at Accentuate,
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me,

Milos baby, forgot to mention one little thing,
A pin.
A clover leaf one,
Milos baby, so hurry to the party tonight,
Komma to the party tonight,
Hurry, tonight.
My Entry fits the theme because: I really like what SuperZombiePotatoe did with lyrics and stuff and thought I'd try remixing some songs Milos style too XD Chose this particular song because of what satyrs are regularly depicted in a lot of art ;) - original song "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt.

PS see if you can spot the mene references XD

PPS "Komma"="Party" according to Google XD Also look like "come" in English text-wise :P
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiepotatoe
Entry: The Afternoon of the Faun

My Entry fits the theme because: Couldn't help but think of this. It screams Milos and even the music a Milosian vibe
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: XoGIZMOoX ^.^
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because: Leto was a goddess in greek mythology and she turned people into frogs , I made a frog out of felt it is bendy and stuff (In my proof the frog is with my elf baby yan doll I made too ^.^)

Leto<~ LETO STORY LINK
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:Nephila
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because:My first meal of the new years was a very late breakfast...like 3/4 pm late. It's a Greek inspired dish. It uses Philo dough a savory filling of egg, cheese, avocado and spices. With sliced marble cheddar, cream cheese and Parm sprinkled on top.

This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:It's Crafted adornments for my little horned statue dude. (decorate the decorations again) Beaded necklace, spiral head piece and blindfold. Also he's now holding the flute I made for an earlier challenge.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:XoGIZMOoX
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because: I made bangle cuff bracelet thingys I tryed to mimic the milos influence of the gladiator spartian warrior cuff things forgive me Iddon't know what they are called :( (metal wrist things in the armor they wear)
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Winter activities in Milos!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: zigbigadorlube
Entry: #1
My Entry fits the theme because: Greek yogurt! It was the clue after all... >.>

This is so Milos!
Entry: #2
My Entry fits the theme because: I think the people of Milos might find this funny.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: LaVida
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: First thing I think of when thinking about satyrs in modern day films XD

Last edited by Cora; 01-03-2015 at 01:33 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:45 PM

Dainae is one of three islands, along with Typhon and Kiyo that creates an empire with Dainae being the main island and capital. It is on Dainae that the Empress lives. These islands have a very heavy Asian influence. The noble dragon is highly respected and revered. Gemstones are harvested in these islands, with the dark crystal having come from here, and the people of the three islands favor vibrant gemstone colors accented with black, gold, and silver. Although separate islands the three islands are a fiercely loyal group and as such have great power and wealth.

Your Mascot is……ba da dum…..
TETSU THE DRAGON!

1) Liztress
2) bloodstainedwings
3) Lavinia
4) Maha-Aamir
5) star2000shadow
6) HIM_ROCK
7) salvete
8) Emma Corrin
9) Fuu-Chan
10) Captain Howdy
11)Rainbows
12)dragoness129
13)Maria-Minamino
14)Cain
15)Chexala
16)blueblackrose
17)Amane
18)beautiful_psycho
19)Esmme
20)Kitsune37
21)Gummybearkisses
22)hummy
23)Captain Aamelia
24)evilcupcakecat
25)Kenome-Chan
26)liquidrage
27)sjacklene
28)KushyKissez
29)DariaMorgendorfer
30)Ascadellia
31) Linnea
32) Serika
33) Iroase Delschatten
34) Saravi Boo
35) Kiyoto
36)Ivvy

Entry Form:
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]This is so Dainae![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Username: [/B]
[B]My Entry fits the theme because: [/B]

Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: star2000shadow
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I could so see this little beaut around the house.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: who on Dainae wouldn't have dragon nicknacks and statuettes.?
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Chexala
Entry: google photo

My Entry fits the theme because: In Dainae, it is traditional to gather with your family to make dumplings for the new year. (Or so I imagine.)

This is so Dainae!
Entry: google photo

My Entry fits the theme because: The Chinese claim to have invented fireworks, but I bet Dainae invented them first. :3
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Lavinia
Entry:google

My Entry fits the theme because: This is from the chinese 9 dragon wall. I can't help but imagine Dainae would be surrounded in things such as these. Wall or ceiling painting featuring dragons and jewels of all colors, especially as you got close to the palace!

This is so Dainae!

My Entry fits the theme because: This shows decorations set in place for the chinese new year. I wish i could have taken a picture of Dainae right now because it would surely be decorated just as beautifully!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: hummy

[/B]
My Entry fits the theme because: this is one of our children's favorite toys to play with during the festival season!

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 06:00 PM ----------

This is so Dainae!
[B]Entry:google

My Entry fits the theme because: it is one of our most popular presents brought home to loved ones. during festivals the gentlemen of our island show off their skills of sword handling and always awe the crowd. plus who doesn't love a dragon sword?!
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Salvete
Entry: Vocaroo | Voice message
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a silly little parody I wrote and sang along to the tune of "Frosty the Snowman!" It's called "Tatsu the Reptile," in which Tatsu goes through an identity crisis and doesn't know what species he is! And then a dark crystal from the Dainaean mines tells him that he's a dragon. I hope the Dainaeans would enjoy ^_^;

These are the lyrics:

SPOILERX

Tatsu the Reptile

Tatsu the Reptile was a puzzled little soul,
with his long red tail and a mane of gold.
What was he? He did not know.

“Tatsu the Mascot is an earthworm,” they would say,
“or a copperhead or a dinosaur,”
Then they’d go about their way.

But then, one day, a magic crystal was mined from the ground
and told dear Tatsu that he was a dragon all around!

Tatsu the Dragon was as glad as he could be,
for because of this stone, now Tatsu knows his true identity.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipvjaV9qcJw
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a Youtube video of a traditional dragon dance accompanied by music. I imagine that a similar ceremony is used to celebrate the holidays in Dainae, with a dragon representing Tatsu the Dragon.

Last edited by Cora; 01-03-2015 at 01:33 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:45 PM

Day 1 entriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Ahhh...crap, I'm going to suck at this contest this time. xD;; I'll only be able to go Google search entries.

------

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Antagonist
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It's an Anubis sarcophagus ornament and Anubis is super Egyptian. :PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: :D Merkhet is a desert! When you think about deserts, you think about sand and camels! Everyone loves a cute camel, it only makes sense that they'd participate in a desert nation's holiday~
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Another camel ornament! This one's a little fancier than the hand-made ones. :3
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Whimzica
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: One of the most recognized symbols from egypt is the sphinx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Nema
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: The Moon is a celestial body which has a strong influence on life in Merkhet.

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Nema
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: The Sun is a celestial body which has a strong influence on life in Merkhet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
Proof photo
My Entry fits the theme because: It's a little Pyramid which is very egyptian.

---------- Post added 12-23-2014 at 03:04 PM ----------

6 hours !!! >.< oh god. i'm never gonna make a second one by than o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Sadrain
Entry: Front: Back:
Link to the page, so you see it was made today and saved under name 'merkhet': CustomInk.com design merkheti created by maskofsky
My Entry fits the theme because: It is blue like night sky, with white moon and stars on one side. The same side also features Pharaoh like head which is not unlike that of Stareater. The other side features moon and stars shining over a little boat that is very similar to ancient Egypptian ones and there is also one hieroglyph in the picture. It fits not only with Egyptian style, but also with our unique concept of Merkhet because of coloring, stars and moon that are all shown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Diamond View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Liquid Diamond
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It's an Egyptian Pyramid!! Very Merkhet! (This image was google searched)

---------- Post added 12-23-2014 at 04:24 PM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The Egyptian Eye is a very important symbol of the entire culture, and is now conveniently on your Christmas Tree! (This image was Google Searched)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Elirona
Entry:Artwork!
My Entry fits the theme because: Anubis is an Egyptian God!

---------- Post added 12-23-2014 at 07:09 PM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
- Entry:Artwork Entry #2!
My Entry fits the theme because: The Merkhet worship the stars, so I figured an ornament based on the happy Star Crest item would be an appropriate ornament for a Merkheti person to have. :3
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Shadami
Entry:

http://i.imgur.com/zCGV7r7.jpg
My Entry fits the theme because: It IS the star eater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linapoo View Post
fun fun!

Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry: artwork entry
My Entry fits the theme because: it follows the egyptian theme! :D and it's a good ol' ornament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A class greek roman motif on a shiny bobble. It's both the theme and an adornment.

---------- Post added 12-22-2014 at 10:50 PM ----------

We'll have to to have even a chance. XD *tries to get the glue to dry faster so she can paint it*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollik17 View Post
Come on Milos :D We can do this!
This is so Milos!
Username: pollik17
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The ornament is an Ionic Column. Basically, columns were originated in Greece. It is topped with a mistletoe and it's body is spiraled with laurel and Christmas lights. The leaves represent the lively and bountiful presence of nature in Milos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Thought I'd give my ridiculous drawing a try, because... you know... christmas

This is so Milos!
My Entry fits the theme because: Well, it's got those typically Greek pillars and it has chritmas stickings and a bow and you can hang it on a tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2600 View Post
Sorry I canonly do google images tonight. I have a test in the morning.
Hope this is alright:
This is so Milos!
Username: 2600
Entry:

Twiggy Stars
My Entry fits the theme because: these ornaments can be decorative. They also fit Milo's because of it's natural resources and they are also handcrafted wares.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Once again, typical Greek building and glittery colours that give off a fantasy vibe.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: fauns love pan flute music! Plus cuz I made it dats why!!!! *drama llama*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Yes ma'am. :x

This is so Milos!
Username: CK
Entry:
(Winged Christmas Faun Quick little doodle for a...)
My Entry fits the theme because: It's a little ornament of a cherub'd faun! How can it not suit Milos?
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: (Entries one and two hand drawn)

My Entry fits the theme because:
Both of these entries are inspired by Greek architecture with pastoral elements. The strong lines reflect for former and the small leaves and flowers reflect the latter. I feel both would be fitting for Milos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Here's my first entry. Trying to bust out another one before time runs out! *sweat*

This is so Milos!
Username: BellyButton
Entry: Handmade felt/embroidery ornament ~

Proof Pic w/ Username

My Entry fits the theme because: The people of Milos are stewards of the land and find nature to be beautiful. (Got my specific inspiration from the grain in the Mystic Fawn CI.)
Quote:
Got the 2nd one! Whew!

This is so Milos!
Entry: (Handmade stuffed felt/embroidery ornament)

Proof Pic w/Username

My Entry fits the theme because: Wine is one of the products of Milos, and wine is only as good as the grapes that go into it! ;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful_psycho View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: beautiful_psycho
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: My entry is a Maneki Neko (beckoning cat) ornament tree ornament. I wish I could tell you all the whole story on the maneki neko , but I don't think this would be place for a culture lesson. Long explanation short, this cat brings good luck. ^-^
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this ornament portrays a dragon like Dainae in the red and gold colors of China, an Asian country!
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I figured because they have a export in Gemstones, they'd use it in their decorations.

---------- Post added 12-22-2014 at 08:44 PM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: my second entry, dragons such as those they revear would be considered good luck to have on one's tree. again with Gemstones the island produces.

Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...alvete_Koi.png

My Entry fits the theme because: this is an ornament in the shape of a koi fish and in the holiday colors of red, gold, and green! Matches Dainae's colors. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune37 View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username:Kitsune37
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This ornament is decorated in the traditional colors and is a dragon which can be seen as symbolizing prosperity, fortune, celebration and luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
This is so Dainae!
My Entry fits the theme because: These ornaments are of Lion Dogs, such as are found on Kiyo Island, in vibrant red and gold. Yay Chain Zodiac!

This is so Dainae!
My Entry fits the theme because: Gemstone colored crystal ornaments, in honor of the gem and dark crystal industries on Dainae.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Captain Howdy
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It has a cute, wee Chinese dragon. =3

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: While also containing the noble dragon, it is additionally encrusted with five gems, which were harvested on Dainae. They represent the five traditional Chinese elements. Water. Fire. Earth. Wood. Metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Saravi Boo
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These ornaments are inspired by the traditional architecture of Dainae (and other Asian countries). ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Abel
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This jade and diamond ornament showcases the opulent exports of Dainae and calls attention to its heritage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Maria-Minamino
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I pixeled this ornament featuring Tatsu the dragon to represent Team Dainae!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: Pixeled Gems
My Entry fits the theme because: Gemstones are the resource of Dainae.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: sjacklene
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It is a bright red Asian style dragon

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Crystal ornaments are so in.

Last edited by Cora; 12-27-2014 at 02:20 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:46 PM

Day 2 EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username:
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Lapiz Lazuli or the blue-y gold color it represents embodies the starry night skies that those of Merkhet are so fond of. Additionally, it makes some pretty fine jewelry.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The vibrant green and blue gems on the gold ring are like a lush oasis on the golden sands of the desert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username:
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Gold! It accents literally everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: When I think about something that's 'Egyptian themed', I think about gold...and then somehow along the way it led to me thinking about Egyptians and birds and I got to thinking about how different shades of feathers look so lovely and it led to this, a beautiful coat made of golden feathers. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie267 View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Woofie267
Entry: File:Lapis lazuli, a complex mineral mixture.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
My Entry fits the theme because: Lapis lazuli is a precious gem that is found in Egyptian art and jewelry, and it is also valued for its deep color. Around this time of year, there is actually plenty of water around the Nile (although it may not always be blue...). So, rich color, water, art work. This works, right?

~*~

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Woofie267
Entry: Porphyry vase, known as Suger's eagle | Louvre Museum | Paris
My Entry fits the theme because: Porphyry is one of the most valuable stones of the ancient world. It's a deep purple color, and so was used only by royalty or Very Important People up until the Medici family decided to flaunt their wealth and use some over their tombs. Anyway, purple = royalty, and Egypt always reminds me of pharaohs, so royalty. Also, porphyry is only found in and around Egypt in a very few places in the world. This is representative of the season too on top of all this because not only does purple look wonderful with gold, but I'm sure for the right price now you could find gold and porphyry decorations...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Diamond View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Just a semi abstract piece I did with pens and watercolour. I think the greens, oranges, golds, and blues represent Egypt's colors well. I also had her wear the Star hat and literally EAT stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Entry: Artwork 1!
My Entry fits the theme because: I imagine the Merkheti celebrating most holidays in gold and jewel tones, and can you blame them? Jewels are awesome! I drew a scarab necklace, since scarabs are a popular inspiration for Egyptian jewelry.

---------- Post added 12-24-2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:Artwork #2!
My Entry fits the theme because: I'd imagine jeweled golden tiaras are very popular among the Merkheti, especially during celebration.

Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This is a tarot deck based off of stars and dragons (which are reptiles like the star eater). Since Merkhet believes the stars tell the fortune of their every day lives, I can see them using tarot decks during the winter festival to see what the new year will bring them. It is also blue which I believe between the star eater's delightful hair-do, and the deep blue of the night sky, represents their culture as a main color.
Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Still with the thoughts of reading their lives with the power of the stars, I believe they might use the chance of dice to play games for fun. A way to still have outside forces tell them how to act, but in a fun way that they can just relax and enjoy themselves. Again, I call on the color blue which I believe represents them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Mageling
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It reminds me of gold leaf on papyrus, and of sun on desert sands.

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Mageling
Entry:
{proof picture}
My Entry fits the theme because: This is made in the classic Merkheti colors.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
Wine is one of the colours I could see The people of Milos using. Especially because they make it.

Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Username: Nephila
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:Gold would be the second colour I could see them using. Because it reminds them of the harvest and it goes so nicely with wine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Entry:Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Flag_of_Greece_(parade).svg/2000px-Flag_of_Greece_(parade).svg.png
My Entry fits the theme because: Blue and white It's a Greek flags colors and they got greek influence ???

---------- Post added 12-23-2014 at 09:37 PM ----------

This is so Milos!
Entry:http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...2kwnnYFbLJoCZgMy Entry fits the theme because: Black and white = cows , cows live in pastors , Milos is pastoral ???

I hope im doing this correctly :0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: Roxxxy
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Milos is known for cheese. And the category is "colors". Hence, Bleu Cheese :D
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Wine is made in Milos, so that almost plum colour of wine and the grapes aswell as the green of the vines seems like it would be a great part of the culture of Milos.

This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Milos is influenced mainly by the Greek and Roman traditions. Almost all pottery of those cultures featured black and red-brown colours. One of Milos' main exports is pottery, so I feel most of it would feature this colouring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
This is so Milos!
Entry:
(My tumblr account is here.)
My Entry fits the theme because: Wine-purple and wheat-gold are perfect colors for Milos! They've worked hard all year, and now it's time to enjoy the harvest of their hard work with some partying! And that's just what this faun girl is doing!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
The mixture of ancient architecture and a rich and colorful landscape makes me think of Milos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EirianHikari View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: EirianHikari
Entry: Milos Day 2-1 by Princess Eirian Hikari, on Flickr
My Entry fits the theme because: I think since Milos makes wine, it would naturally end up in their festival color schemes, especially since a lot of the colors thought of with wine, i.e. purples, greens, burgundy, and champagne, go well in Holiday settings.

This is so Milos!
Username: EirianHikari
Entry: Milos Day 2-2 by Princess Eirian Hikari, on Flickr
My Entry fits the theme because: With pottery being made on Milos, I think these colors would work themselves in to Holiday color themes on Milos. Pottery tones might be used in swags of branches, with some of the blues and whites that have a very Greek feel worked among them in ornaments, candles, and/or garlands.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: (Colors, personal craft) Silver and Gold Foil/Paper Star Wall Hanging

My Entry fits the theme because: Winter activities in Milos are heavily influenced by the seasonal dwindling of daylight hours. It affects their daily work and shifts community activity from a time of primarily outdoor labor to a time of primarily indoor reflection and recuperation. Holiday decor in Milos tends to include a mix of silver for the "outdoor" light of winter ~ the moon and stars ~ and gold for the "indoor" light of winter ~ candles, hearth, home.

(Apologies for the horrible photo - my phone doesn't like the metallic shine. >.<)
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: (Colors, personal craft #2) Wine (Purplish Red) and Gold Wristcuff

My Entry fits the theme because: At community holiday gatherings in Milos, it is customary to wear the colors of your trade. For winemakers, this is a vivid wine-colored purplish red. Sometimes a family will have members from several trades, so their garb will include other colors as well. In this example, a simple woven (*cough*crocheted) wristcuff reflects one particular family's purplish red for winemaking and gold for grain (farming).
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
This is so Milos!
Entry:

It goes with both the pastoral and Roman elements of Milos. The green color and branch form is representative of the residents' connection to nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Invictus View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
My Entry fits the theme because: Stained Glass viewed from the Roman Catholic St. Vitus Cathedral, the architectural style is Gothic, which I feel you would see walking down the streets of Milos... I only wish I could find a better picture of the color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivvy View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Ivvy
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Because our island of Dainael is a place of festivity and we adore our deep and vibrant jewl tones. And our blossoming trees that signal the coming of Spring and the leaving of winters chilly grip. We enjoy traditional dress for festivals so there is a representation of that as well.
Quote:
Yay Team Dainae <3 Congrats to all of the winners for Day 1! ^_^

Here is my first Day 2 entry for Team Dainae with the Theme: Colors!

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: our Team Dainae mascot is Tatsu the Dragon, whom I drew on the computer in a Color-By-Number style! The top image is the uncolored version, to which I added numbers and their corresponding colors -- red, green, and gold for the holidays! The bottom image is the colored-in version.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The colors I chose for Dainae's celebration are classic oriental colors: red, gold, black, and silver. I felt this perfectly fit Dainae's mascot and origins
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: it's both got dragons on it AND a rainbow of colors. and i could see them wearing it for holidays.
Quote:
Here is my second Day 2 entry for Team Dainae with the Theme: Colors!

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a jade sculpture (from the internet) of our Team Dainae mascot, Tatsu the Dragon. As Dainae is known for its gemstones, I thought jade (a traditional Asian gem) would be the perfect material. Additionally, the crisp green of this sculpture is a color I can imagine the people of Dainae wearing in their jewelry.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I can see the people wearing reds and golds after the Dragons that guard their island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It shows a colorful celebration of Christmas, with asian influences, from elephants to lanterns to creatures from disney! (The picture is of Hong Kongs Disney Land)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: blueblackrose
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It is a colorful tribal lotus, which is a symbol often used in oriental themes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
This is so Dainae!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: it's gemstone and has an Azian theme
This is so Dainae!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: she is wearing something you would see at festival in Dainae!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This elaborate, gem-encrusted outfit in red, black, and gold could be a dramatic festival costume, or maybe just normal daywear for the Empress. :3
(Picture is from Indonesia :D )
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: bloodstainedwings
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Red and Gold are the colours of our island and this is also a tradition chinese dragon celebratory banner design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The brilliant red and bright gold are representative of both the holidays and our dragon mascot's vibrant coloring. The dragon motif is also very appropriate, I think.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A red Christmas tree decorated in gold. I think Tatsu would approve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
This is so Dainae!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: These bright colors, in the form of a dragon, bring to mind the vibrant tones of Dainae's precious jewels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Iroase Delschatten
My Entry fits the theme because: Bright and colourful lights is one of the things Dainae takes pride in, especially paired with decorated lanterns and gems the island is known for, lantern and light parades make for a memorable festival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearKisses View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: GummyBearKisses=)
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: My Christmas tree is done in red and gold the red balls and gold garland is like dragon tones =)

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Flowers every body loves flowers and red will fit pretty with the islands dragons decore=)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Colorful lanterns are perfect for Dainae. What better to light the streets on the island with?
Quote:
Second Entry:

This is so Dainae!
Entry: MM Pixeled Diamond
My Entry fits the theme because: It was inspired by Dainae colors and the shape of gem stones

Last edited by Cora; 12-25-2014 at 04:07 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Day 3 EntriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I was thinking about something that's 'life and death' themed for the whole Egyptian theme with their strong afterlife culture and stuff, and it turned into something like 'gold = life' 'black = death', so I looked for something and found this lovely dress. Seems great for a holiday get together party. :3 (then again, don't take my word for it since I've been to, like, less than five parties my entire life and none of them were anything even near resembling semi-formal...>.>)
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: it feels very modern egyptian to me. And I would wear it to a christmas cocktail party. or party in general. It's lovely.

i wish i could do ore than just google today. sorry guys :[

---------- Post added 12-25-2014 at 11:38 AM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: everyone needs celestial socks to make sure you continue walking the right path in life!
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:Artwork 1
My Entry fits the theme because: The merkheti love celestial bodies, so I figured that they'd definitely to like to wear garb that depicts the cosmos. (Pretend that I didn't run out of time and colored it blue)

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:Artwork 2
My Entry fits the theme because: Same reason as above, though I wondered what the males would wear.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: musasgal
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It's the holidays and something to represents the light of the starts suits the the Star Eater quite well as it lures him to eat his favourite meal.

This is so Merkhet!
Username: musasgal
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: the colours acknowledges the background that Mekhet has with a dash of modernization. A perfect fit for an Egyptian god.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: That gorgeous starry design resembles the night sky so well...
Quote:
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:~LONGCAT~
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I found two images and mushed them in one. These are traditional clothing worn during times of celebration. Both men and women wear flowing garments as sign of a time of leisure, as flowing clothing would get in the way of working in fields. The rich purples and reds for the vineyards, the gold for the grain fields, and island wealth. ((These are also traditional Phoenician clothing. I was going to do a whole Phoenician theme but I missed day one and two))
This is so Milos!
Entry:
Classic yet festive dresses to match the style of Milos--natural and drapey.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
The clothing here is minimal to say the least...a fig leaf is all that is required for most parties along with perhaps some golden or woven hair adornments.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I imagine the inhabitants of Milos would wear outfits similar to this, because they're comfortable, easy to dance and frolic in and are the colour of wine. Yay, togas!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
Flowy blouse and skirt and LOTS of golden jewelery typical of Gree...Milos. XD (I made the braided hair wrap it's going to be replaced with a crown in the final costume.)
Quote:
Sorry, gang. xD; Don't have the energy to draw this round. But to make up for it, will supply two!

This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It's got a nice wine red going for it! It looks warm with the knit tunic (appropriate with their flocks!) and the bits and bobs are nice and festival-y!

This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Not everyone on Milos is a good little faun. There are also satyrs and their wild wives! They tend to prefer things that are fun to move around in (when they wear anything at all :o )
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:shinigamikarasu
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: We don't have much mens' wear yet, so here's a nice wine-colored outfit that would be right at home in Milos.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: A festive hat
Quote:
Forgive me, team, for resorting to Google, but I'm kidding myself if I think I'm gonna 'make' 2 entries in time today.

This is so Milos!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: While the industrious side of Milos is rather prominent, one must not forget the untamed side as well! These folk often wear very little and prefer clothes that let their bodies move freely -- in winter, rather than bundling, they will wear layers of long, loose fabrics that are simply wrapped or tied on. Using actual leaves, moss, acorns and other naturey bits to adorn their garb, they are known to "crash" the holiday gatherings of prominent Milosian industry families, where their outlandish attire proudly declares their allegiance to nothing but the wilds.

---------- Post added 12-25-2014 at 05:50 PM ----------

This is so Milos!
Username:BellyButton
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: The drapey fabric and layering this outfit of show Milos' Greek influence; the colors (gold for grain and green with leaf print for growing) fit perfectly too!

Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Come on, you can totally see the Milos people wearing these. They're perfect! Fashionable yet practical :D
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: This elegantly cut gem encrusted dress eludes to a dragon scale texture and reminds me of the opulence of Dainae.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This is a dress inspired by the gem stone industry. Anyone in Dainae would love to have a dress like this to spend the holidays.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These are the cutest kid party outfits you can find. It is definitely Asian inspired and it is vibrant red.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this would be one of the such outfits our residents would wear for the holiday season. jewled tones with silver or gold thread as accents are bound to make a smash at any holiday gathering.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This emerald green dress with red and gold embroidery fits the jewel-toned style of Dainae, and pays tribute to the Lion Dogs of Kiyo. The elegant cut would be perfect for a fancy New Years party.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Embroidered blue and gold silk robe with a dragon design, for being fancy but comfortable around the house on a snowy holiday morning. :3

Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: DariaMorgendorfer
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It's a lovely modern dress with an Asian Dainae flare!

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: How can you not love an amazing top with our beloved Tetsu the dragon on it!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: Drawn with pen:
My Entry fits the theme because: Cain is modeling the male clothing for the festivities. Based upon traditional Chinese outfits, there are dragons galore decorating the clothing!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A vibrant oriental dress is great for celebrating the holidays.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: its a red christmas dress that i made myself! and the red is a vibrant red, matching our island and the dress is a lolita dress which is popular in asian countries.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It is an elegant party dress that is inspired by Asian kimono and it has a lovely Christmas color scheme and theme.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: they are a beautiful oriental dress and male counterparts and are great for celebrating dressed to the nines for the festivals.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a modern-day Chinese dress called a qipao, which I drew on the computer. This dress is worn during holidays and formal occasions such as weddings and other celebrations. The red and gold are meant to match the colors of our mascot, Tatsu the Dragon.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Vibrant and festive and oh so Chinese inspired. ;D

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: There be dragons! :O
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It's a Christmas dragon sweater the dragon is fireing up frosty too =)
http://l.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/Z6N...6_o.jpg.cf.jpg
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is another picture I drew on the computer, imagining what holiday clothing would be worn by a resident of Dainae. The adults would wear anything from qipaos to kimonos to saris according to the Asian-inspired culture, but what would the babies wear during the holidays? :) No need for any gemstone-encrusted bibs or stiff fabric! I'd like to think that a newborn Dainae-an would be swaddled up all comfy in a red blanket! And maybe wearing a mini Santa hat to keep her head warm <3
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Since dragons are something that are held in high regard, I theorize that Dainae would not only dress up in their clothing, but part of their outfits would be dragon-inspired makeup.

Last edited by Cora; 12-26-2014 at 02:15 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Day 4 EntriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: There has to be wine at your Christmas celebrations! Bring a touch of Merkhet to the party with this lovely Sphinx wine holder.

---------- Post added 12-25-2014 at 08:37 PM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: And you can keep that wine in this wine glass, featuring art inspired by ancient Egypt.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Figs are a traditional food eaten at many festivals during Egyptian times. :)

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I drew a dancer, since dance is a tradition that has been seen in Egyptian history. Dance is used for many celebratory occasions. :D
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A bonfire in the forest. All the wine and cheese you can eat. Dancing to music that seemingly floats through the air. Good company. It all fits Milos' homey vibe :)
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
My Entry fits the theme because: On Milos there is a traditional feast at almost every holiday. This plate and wine glass a representative of the sorts of tableware you would see at such an occasion.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: SUperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: If there's one thing you'll definitely find at a Milos festival, it's dancing. The inhabitants love it as it brings them together. This artwork shows one of their favourite kinds of dance.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: Mythos
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: I drew a 'lantern' because with all of the night time festivities during this time of year on Milos, the islanders hang up fairy houses in the trees to show love for their fairy neighbors and light the groves where their winter parties take place.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Ahh the feast horn of cornucopia. All sorts of delicious delicacy's can be found within. Some from the back yard and others from neighboring islands. Hosts love to fill them to over flowing to impress their guests.

This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: All celebrations are filled with fun food and dancing. Music is a very important part of any celebration. Which is no different in Milos. They're particularly famous for songs using their wind instruments.
Quote:
No time to make anything today, sorry team! ilu!

This is so Milos!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: Since satyr learn to play wind instruments from a young age, flute music is something you'd be sure to hear at celebrations in Milos!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Because we don't get snow, unless it's magicked up, we decorate trees with white lites to imitate snow as well as place wishes, little peices of papers with our deepest desires, on wishing trees that can be located on temple grounds.

---------- Post added 12-25-2014 at 11:45 PM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Everyone brings out their best dishes around the holidays, and what's more festive then having dishes with the island's respected dragon's on it to bring a little luck.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
to celebrate our holiday festival, our dragon boat festival brings out the friendly competitive nature of our Dainaeans. we enjoy each others company and eat our favorite festival favorites! come out and cheer on your team.

---------- Post added 12-26-2014 at 08:14 AM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:

our dragon dance is steeped in holiday tradition. it brings good fortune to the islands people and crops. it's beautiful to participate in or to spectate!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: ...I was in the middle of drawing this and my computer completely froze and crashed. WTF So you are getting a google search instead.

This fits because I believe the people of Dainae would release lanterns on Christmas to celebrate the holidays.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: one of the holiday traditions for certain Asian cultures is to teach children to make origami figures. This origami dragon (made of red construction paper for Tatsu the Dragon and decorated with green stars for the holidays) is a personal craft and one example of a paper creation that children in Dainae may learn from their elders to fold.
Quote:
And here's my second entry for the day!

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a traditional red and gold Chinese lantern that I drew on the computer. During the holidays, the people of Dainae can write messages of luck and happiness on lanterns and light them up for decoration during the nighttime. I wrote the Chinese character for "dragon" on this lantern for our mascot, Tatsu the Dragon, and studded it with gemstones to symbolize Dainae's gemstone harvest as well as its wealth.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: On the darkest night of winter, the people of Dainae light lanterns. This is to attract the Great Dragon, so that it will bless of us with happiness and good fortune.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Fruits printed with special characters are given out. They are said to grant luck, wealth, health and other good things to those who eat and share them. They are especially popular with lovers.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: With all the color weather, some Dainaese people celebrate the winter solstice with a hot citrus bath. The bath is said to promote your health and well-being through the coming winter months, and is totally cozy!

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Behold the fabulous dragon fruit, which is a cactus fruit from south-east Asia. I can imagine these being a traditional New Year's food in Dainae.

Last edited by Cora; 12-27-2014 at 01:16 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Day 5 EntriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: c: I did a little research. Zalabya is served in Egypt for Christmas.

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Kahk too!
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I bring you the feast of the pyramids!

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Egyptians love beer.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A yummy egyptian spread!
Quote:
where are are all the merkhet people 8m8;;;

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: basbousa is a very common Egyptian dessert. 8)

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: pita bread, or aish baladi, is also a star member of egyptian cuisine. :D
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: fireprincess
Entry:
Kushari is a dish that was usually eaten by the lower class in Egypt. I feel that it is perfect for the holidays, as it serves as a reminder to be humble, and cherish the true meaning of the Christmas season

---------- Post added 12-27-2014 at 06:15 PM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Username: fireprincess
Entry:
Quote:
Oum Ali directly translated means mother of Ali and is probably the most famous and traditional Egyptian warm dessert. Oum Ali is the Egyptian equivalent to bread and butter pudding and is normally made with puff pastry combined with a load of heavy cream with added nuts and dried fruits.

Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because: These are cheesecake swirled brownies and Milos being a cheese producers they are most likely to maybe have some creme cheese ^.^

This is so Milos!
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because: I tryed to make a Greek pasta salad it has oils and black olives cut up in it ^.^
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These are crumbly pastries filled with spinach and feta cheese. Being cheese importers, a cheesy dish is inevitable... and super delicious
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: (food)craft Cheese Sampler

My Entry fits the theme because: Cheese is kind of a big deal in Milos! Pictured here is a subtly sweet soft cheese drizzled with honey, a savory basil and chive herbed cream cheese, and an assortment of sliced and grated hard cheeses. Milosians love cheese!
Quote:
Toga! Toga!

This is so Milos!
Username:SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: How can wine not be a part of a Milos festival? It makes not a blink of sense.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:
With wine and cheese being two of the most important exports of Milos, I figured these would be fitting.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: Handmade craft #2: Cranberry Orange & Pecan Bread :D

My Entry fits the theme because: Milosians grow a lot of grain, and so it follows that they know a thing or two about making bread. At the holidays, you'll likely find a wide array of bready goodness on the table, like this fruit and nut bread!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Mmmm cheese! a lovely appetizer to a much larger feast. :D

---------- Post added 12-27-2014 at 03:30 PM ----------

Ooo your bread looks yummy belly! :D
Quote:
It's all down my block. If it wasn't for the bfs wirelessid be screwed. Let me try and show the pic at least...

Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Rainbows
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These delicious dessert dumplings are a traditional Dainaese festival dish. Golden-fried and stuffed with ruby-red, dark blue, and purple glistening berries, they really bring the mind into the right state to appreciate the bountiful land of Dainae.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Rainbows
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Scallion, or spring onion, pancakes are served in the heart of winter (with a side of rice vinegar, soy, and chili sauce) to remind the Dainaese that the warm embrace of spring is not out of sight. A chinese dish, their easy and delicate taste is a perfect festival treat.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Chopped Asian Chicken Salad : a food that would be served at any holiday for those weight watchers among the people. its bright and airy, with many festive colors.
Quote:
It is fine. Thanks. :D

---------- Post added 12-27-2014 at 09:55 AM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This is a Japanese Christmas Bento Box. How cute!

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Any holiday, or meal, would be incomplete without rice.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The wealth of Dainae’s exports can even be seen in their food with these gold foil wrapped sushi for example.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The plethora of Dainae’s delicious foods always grace our holiday festivals.

---------- Post added 12-27-2014 at 01:30 PM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The plethora of Dainae’s desserts and cocktails are just the beginning of a fabulous festival of winter nights =3
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: linnea
Entry:

this is called tangyuan and not only look like the gem stones of Dainae, these colorful little glutinous rice balls can be filled with a variety of ingredients (fruits, nuts/seeds, red bean paste, or even chocolate). They are traditionally cooked and served in boiled water on holidays such as the winter solstice and the Chinese new year!

This is so Dainae!
Entry:

Fa gao, or prosperity cupcakes, are delightfully bright sweets that are consumed to gain prosperity in the new year! They are often dyed bright colors and steamed to get the traditional split top look.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: because its Red wine. Made by me and I named it Dragon Myst Merlot. also, wine is totally food.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Very appropriately, on Dainae we love us some dragon fruit. Legend tells that a fierce mother dragon once lost her eggs and began to rampage. So the gods made a fruit in the shape of her eggs to fool her. --- In winter, we enjoy dragon fruit made into a sorbet. It's best eaten in front of a roaring fire.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Crabs are plentiful in the waters around Dainae in the winter months. The crab represents property and is eaten communally by family and friends alike.

Last edited by Cora; 12-28-2014 at 01:42 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:47 PM

Day 6 EntriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this would be a lovely star lit feast for a Merkhet winter festival. It feels dreamy and soft like the stars, and white like the snow. but in the beautiful cozy way instead of the cold way.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username:narcotic dolly
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Party at the pyramids! No, I'm fully kidding. These are all quartz pieces with epic lazer lighting! (I wish I could say I made these, but only the universe knows how they are truly formed)
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: You gotta decorate those pyramids!

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: ALL THE PYRAMIDS.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Its a gingerbread house built into the sphinx! What an amazing decor idea.. (and tasty too!)
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: After festival dinner, the egyptian lounge room is a wonderful place to retreat to to chat off the large meals.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:~LONGCAT~
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:This is what a successful party looks like. All the gifts are gone, all the wine is gone, most of the revelers have moved on to the next party. Colored strips of cloth in varying purples drift down from the trees, bundles of proud hey posted around the clearing, barrels of wine serve double duty of furniture and wine holder. Fresh grapes form the trees hangdown as natural garland, and picked bunches decorate tables and pillar bases.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because:
Every greek influenced party needs a giant Zeus statue because Zeus rocks ^.^

This is so Milos!
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because: This used to be a clear wine bottle and it became my chemistry class project we added chemicals inside and it became metallic it's like a mirror bottle it is really neat but I can't get a decent picture grrr anywho it fits the theme because Milos can re purpose their wine bottles into party centerpieces like flower vases ^.^
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Being a mainly pastoral environment, the Milosians are very close to nature and make good use of natural wonders in their festivals. They make decorations out of everything from leaves to flowers and beyond!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Making use of all their exports, the Milosians even make decorations out of wool. You have to admit, these guys are creative!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
My Entry fits the theme because: The classic Roman Style pillars, and by Gods look at those flower arrangements! THIS IS DEFINITELY MILOS!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Draping fabrics and throw pillows everywhere! Also lot's of candles and plants. they love nature and use it as a lot of their decorations.

This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:Decorations on decorations? Yup they love that. Painted candles with leaves, sometimes even gold embossing. To bring the light and nature in. :D
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: 1. The elegant ceramic chalice serves as both function and decoration at festival feasts on Milos. 2. This candelabra would be used to light the feast hall during the holiday celebrations.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It is very beautifully done in red and gold very Dainae in both colors and flavor
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is So Dainae because it has dragons on it, and who wouldn't want to pull something this gorgeous out during the holidays to light up the patio or the living room. or even the dining hall. to make a mystical feel to any room?

---------- Post added 12-27-2014 at 10:23 PM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: What home would be complete without artwork dedicated to the mighty dragon?
Ooops, I missed Day 5.

Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Long winter nights are the best time of year for lights displays. This magical-looking tunnel of string lights is made of a rainbow of jewel colors that would fit right in on Dainae.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Still more colorful lights, this time in the form of star-shaped paper lanterns, which can be clustered together a wonderfully cozy and festive effect.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: beautiful lights of Dainae bring joy and happiness to all who see them. we love to ride around each night and enjoy all of the pretty lights!

---------- Post added 12-28-2014 at 08:42 AM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: beautiful lights of Dainae
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Oh how pretty the streets of Dainae look during Christmas. Pretty red Asian lanterns everywhere.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Not only are the streets decorated, but we even decorate the caverns and gemstone mines. :D
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: dragoness129
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: They are beautiful dragon ornaments! ♥
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a drawing I made on my computer of the infinity knot, one of the symbols of prosperity in the cultures of many Asian countries including China, Mongolia, and Tibet. This shape is often found in Chinese decorations during holidays and other times of celebration. Here, I have depicted the infinity knot made from traditional red cord (for Tatsu's red coloring) with jade beads (representing the gemstone trade of Dainae) holding the shape in place.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a traditional upside down Chinese symbol that I drew on the computer, which decorates the walls and doorways of many homes and stores during the wintertime, holidays, and lunar new year. Here is a real-life example where the character for "luck" is upside-down. The symbol for "Dragon" is used for Tatsu the Dragon, our mascot. The sign is upside down because in the Chinese language, the term "is flipped" sounds like the term for "has arrived." So, when someone says "The Dragon (character) is flipped," they are also saying "The Dragon has arrived." The borders and characters are made from gold leaf, representing the wealth of Dainae.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: Google Search
My Entry fits the theme because: Blossoms, lanterns, and dragons would fill the rooms!

This is so Dainae!
Entry: Google Search:
My Entry fits the theme because: These lovely homemade crafts would hang from the ceiling as you walk the hallways!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These colorful lights remind me of the glittering gems of the mines below Dainae.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: personal photo

jewel tone lights and a bright star paper lantern. that seems pretty Dainae to me!
here is a close up of my name too

This is so Dainae!
Entry: personal craft

here's a picture without the lights so you can see the cranes better
the art of paper folding goes way back so paper cranes seem like the perfect craft to decorate your home! i made these up in the jewel tones that Dainae is famous for and seven in number. seven is a lucky number for relationships and symbolizes togetherness.

and some information regarding the historyX

Quote:
Origami was invented in China around 100AD. The word origami simply means "paper folding". Japan was in the habit of adopting interesting parts of the Chinese culture, and took on the craft of origami around 600AD. It is Japanese origami which has become a world famous cultural emblem.

As in many societies, paper was a luxury item, created by hand and used only for important, long lasting purposes. When origami was first brought to Japan, only the rich practiced the art of folding paper into shapes. The shape creation was a way of adding special meaning to what the paper held on it or in it.

For love notes, origami was doubly special. First, the origami shape itself could represent a message. The selection of color and shape help conveyed the true emotions of the writer. Second, origami is an intricate art. If the love note was intercepted, it would be unlikely that the reader could perfectly refold the shape. So the origami love note was very secure - it could not be read by the wrong person without the recipient knowing it.

Last edited by Cora; 12-29-2014 at 09:47 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:47 PM

Day 7 EnteriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Gurrrrl, where you get dem earrangs at?? Who doesn't love a jewerly. Egyptians adore it, especially royalty. I'm sure the Merkhet would love it just as much. They'll look like a queen (or King!) and for a good discount ;D!

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Discount trinkets are adorable. I'm sure any Merkhet would love this to remind themselves of their glorious Kings of Egypt.

my entries are poorly drawn this time XD;; i had no time...to make it appeal better
Quote:
aww man.. i actually just bought the eyes... Cora:
give me either one . they're going in my extras box ^^;;

---------- Post added 12-29-2014 at 05:36 PM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Who wouldn't be buying your own storage sarcophagus? It has unlimited uses. You can store books, games, movies, toys, and paper; just to name a few. Once you die the shelves can even be removed and you can be buried in it! How convenient, cheapest coffin on the market.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: lots of people wear masks.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Merkhet is all about tradition and blingbling~ Its only logical that traditional blingbling would sell like crazy for the holidays!

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: MOre jewelry! This one is a modern piece, but it still pays respects to Merkhet's roots~
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Click on thumbnail for full view
Click on thumbnail for full view
My Entry fits the theme because: Wool is a major export, so you're bound to find tons of items made out of it in Milos. Socks, shoes, hats, gloves, all kinds of things, the Milosians thrive during the cold season. Their fantastical way of living influences clothing styles, in that they produce lot's of hooded cloaks, capes, tunics, etc.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: Milos. Pottery. Lots. Especially the kinds with beautiful designs and pictures on them, many telling wonderous stories of the land.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Cheap pottery for the annual new years smash fest! For families that don't make their own.

Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Brooms for after the smash fest. XD
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: #1 - A bolt of cloth. I see cloth being in high abundance on Milos to make the flowing garments that seem to be popular there among other things.
#2 - Jewelry. I see simple jewelry with geometric with natural influences being quite popular among the locals.

Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Dragon Plushies would most DEFINETLY be on mega sale, and in demand to, around the holiday's on Dainae.

---------- Post added 12-28-2014 at 07:44 PM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: who wouldn't want a dragon painting? their lovely magestic animals, feirce in battle. and come on they go threw out all types of history from asian to western all the way threw the ages.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Dragon puppets are an island tradition for homage to our icon, the amazing Tetsu dragon. Dainae children are encouraged to help Tetsu prance, dance, and get into some occasional antics with their Tetsu dragon puppets, available in an array of colors to allow Tetsu to blend into a multitude of environments without detection.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: these elegat tea sets are a popular gift to enjoy afternoon te once you arrive home from visiting!

---------- Post added 12-29-2014 at 05:54 AM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: beautiful dragon vases and lanterns!
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: these are some clams I fried with a combination of soy sauce and oyster sauce for the personal craft category. Clams are common in Asian cuisine and are often sold in night markets of Hong Kong and Taiwan. Being an island nation, Dainae very likely harvests seafood in addition to gemstones, and all of the holiday shoppers -- be they at the night markets or the shopping malls -- would love to grab a bowl or plateful of this delicacy in between their material purchases!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These porcelain objects are samples of what you might find in the market on Dainae. The jewel tones imitate the rubies and emeralds that are popular with the locals and the dragon motive is a common theme among their wares.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: google search

dragon egg necklace
bronze dragon necklace
dragon's eye bracelet
opal dragon pendant
dragon earrings
dragon ear cuff
Seeing that this is the land of gemstones and dragons, well dragon inspired jewelry seems the most fitting and the sorts of things that would be in abundance as well as the most coveted!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Dainae loves jewels :) :P

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: So...assuming that Dainae uses computers, Bejeweled would be the perfect game sold from there!!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Who doesn't need a lovely Asian styled room divider.

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This crystal lamp is sure something every person in Dainae would love to have.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These beautiful hairgrips would be a gorgeous accessory to add to your new hairstyle for the Christmas parties!

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:These gorgeous red lanterns shine gold once lit and would be a great buy, to let them lose as the clock strikes 12!
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: these are Matryoshka nesting dolls that are often sold in Chinese trinket shops (because China and Russia used to be political buddies...but that's another story). This is a special Christmas edition with green, red, and yellow colors. The buttons are made of gemstones harvested locally in Dainae. They would sell very well in Dainae as souvenirs and gifts for children during the holidays!

Last edited by Cora; 12-30-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:48 PM

Day 8 EntriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Ramadan is an important holiday for Egyptians, so a card to send to loved ones would be quite a thoughtful greeting. The card above is a greeting card for Ramadan.

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Eid ul-fitr is the Festival of Breaking Fast. It's the end of Ramadan. The card says 'Blessed Eid'.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: noobs and beenarounds both are on this merkhet
double holiday card.

Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: zodiac covered christmas cards are very fitting here. the stars alone could tell the good wishes being sent to the recipient.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Merkhet is all about the celestial bodies- So why not Christmas cards shaped like stars?

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Or this one with stars are all over

Quote:
This is so Milos!
My Entry fits the theme because: Krampus! St. Nicks dark companion scares children into being nice instead of naughty! His story may have German roots, but I thought this was SO MILOS! because of his general appearance and his rumored weapon of choice for swatting children, a birch branch.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: Milos is a place of wonders, but the people are the most wonderous of all! So why not show themselves off a little bit? I'd love to get a Christmas card like this.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Santa's pretty cool, right? Well, the Milosians have us beat by a long shot. Presenting... Santaur! He's a pretty big deal in Milos, so it's obvious that he's feature on many of their greeting cards. The kids just love him (and the ladies love him too. Check out those abs!)
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Themes of nature/harvest.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:http://fineartamerica.com/images-med...ic-kempson.jpg
My Entry fits the theme because: The Greek architecture under a stary sky with a piece of nature floating over it.

This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I only had time to make one card before work and it's ugly. This card celebrates the feasting part of the holidays.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: (image search - card front)

My Entry fits the theme because: Many card fronts feature simple patterns hand-stamped from natural materials, inspired by classical Greece. :)

---------- Post added 12-30-2014 at 04:34 PM ----------

This is so Milos!
Entry: (image search #2 - card front)

My Entry fits the theme because: Natural fibers, rough edges, and silhouettes are commonly seen in Milosian paper crafts.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A Charlie Brown Christmas Bonsai Tree is the prefect theme for a holiday card.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: Personal Photo

My Entry fits the theme because: Dainae seems like the sort of place to hand out red packets at New Years.

This is so Dainae!
Entry: Personal Artwork

My Entry fits the theme because: Dainae probably also celebrates the Chain Zodiac, so I made a card for 2015, which is year of the Kirin.

Thought you might enjoy seeing my blooper card: I got the zodiac animal wrong! Octi isn't until 2016. XD

SPOILERX

Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This greeting card design shows a dragon and a phoenix and contains red and gold, both strong dainae colors!

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These personalised card designs would work wonders in Dainae, containing unique patterns and dragon images resembling Tatsu!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This elegant card showcases the beautiful colors of Dainae and their affection for sparkling gems.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It has the colors and the theme of Dainae

This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It fits the colors and the theme of Dainae!
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a pop-up card I made from colored paper and a candy wrapper! The front says "Happy Holiday" (was supposed to be Happy Holidays but forgot the s) and the inside is a pop-up flower! I made it in green, gold, and red colors for the holidays. I didn't have a gold-colored candy wrapper, but the "Happy Holidays" message is shiny to represent gold leaf and the abundant wealth of Dainae. The red and gold colors of the flower are for the colors of Tatsu the Dragon.

---------- Post added 12-30-2014 at 07:15 PM ----------

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
My Entry fits the theme because: this is another card I made from red, gold, and green colored paper. I modeled the shape of the card after Tatsu the Dragon's body. It is blank inside so you can write your own message. The front cover sports a little Christmas tree for the holidays. Additionally, the red, green, and gold are traditional Christmas colors.

Last edited by Cora; 12-31-2014 at 09:52 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:48 PM

Day 9 EntriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This song feels like a mysterious and deadly desert.

This is so Merkhet!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A popular bellydance song. I'm sure any Merkheti party would feature dancing of some sort.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: Milosian Drinking Song - SZP

Dashing through the snow,
In a faun drawn open sleigh.
All the fields we go.
Drinking all the way.
Woolen scarves 'round our necks,
'Cause it's cold outside.
What fun it is laugh and sing our drinking song tonight.

Oh! Drink some wine,
Eat some cheese,
Roll all through the hay!
Oh, what fun it is to ride in a faun drawn open sleigh, eh?

Drink some wine,
Break some pots.
Break them as you may!
Our drinking song makes not much sense. Let's sing it anyway!

My Entry fits the theme because: I imagined some fauns getting drunk on Christmas Eve, hijacking a sleigh and running around singing a song to the tune of "Jingle Bells". It's wild and fun, just in the fashion of Milos :D
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: Catchy tune about nature and a few horned deities seems fitting for Milos.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Greek influences, Greek music. And I can totally see everyone dancing all together to this fun tune
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: String instruments for Milos.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Entry: Karuna - Faun

My Entry fits the theme because: Mystical, magical, woodland goodness.

This is so Milos!
Entry: Marrow of the Earth - Opeth

My Entry fits the theme because: Um.. because it's pretty and a wee bit metal? *cackles*
Quote:
hmm for some reason this round is HARD for star its hard to pick one but i think i did finally find a band haha.

---------- Post added 12-31-2014 at 05:09 AM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Entry:[Official Video] Little Drummer Boy - Pentatonix] (Youtube Link)
My Entry fits the theme because: I can see them using their own voices to create the instrumental backdrop to their own songs.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: Vocaroo | Voice message (singing music myself!)
My Entry fits the theme because: this is me singing the Chinese version of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" :) Because Dainae is inspired by Asian culture, holiday music in Chinese and other languages are likely to be heard on the Dainaean radio during the winter season or at a holiday party! Sorry for any butchering of the language and off-key singing ^_^; I know I went sharp at the end and ended up in a different key than I started with...oh, well. TEAM DAINAE! ^_^ <3

---------- Post added 12-31-2014 at 11:17 AM ----------

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Entry: Vocaroo | Voice message (singing music myself)
My Entry fits the theme because: this is an altered version of 12 Days of Christmas with Menewsha and Great Island Hunt-related lyrics! The nine days are: Yan baby in a fig tree, ornament, 3 goddesses, shiny gemstones, wines and cheese, stars-a-shining, trees-a-swaying, dragons flying, fauns-a-crafting. The goddesses are of Merkhet; the gemstones represent Dainae; wines and cheese are for Milos. Christmas songs like this one are very likely to be played on the radio in Dainae and throughout Menewsha during the winter season! A fun song for holiday parties and karaoke during the wintry months. Sorry again for any off-key singing (I know I ended up in a higher key than I started with) and for shortening it to 9 days (have to run off to work). ^_^;
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Unfortunately I’m not much of a songwriter so this photo will have to do: a ruby colored string instrument with dragon motif.

Last edited by Cora; 01-01-2015 at 02:01 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-23-2014, 12:47 AM

uhm. By "Artwork", do you mean designed and drawn by ourselves? :3

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-23-2014, 12:48 AM

yes, that is correct.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-23-2014, 01:03 AM

ooo. Okay, thank you. :3

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-23-2014, 01:11 AM

No Problem ^.^

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 01:14 AM

on the prizes listed, it says tatsu the dragon but it is a picture of babao the panda. (not sure if I spelled that right.)

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-23-2014, 01:27 AM

ROFL, I pulled the wrong image lol. Tetsu is the prize not the panda.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 12-23-2014, 01:48 AM

Here is my old fanshioned hang on the tree ornament!

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 AM

fun fun!

Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Entry: artwork entry
My Entry fits the theme because: it follows the egyptian theme! :D and it's a good ol' ornament.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn
Send a message via Yahoo to beautiful_psycho

Old 12-23-2014, 02:00 AM

This is so Dainae!
Username: beautiful_psycho
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: My entry is a Maneki Neko (beckoning cat) ornament tree ornament. I wish I could tell you all the whole story on the maneki neko , but I don't think this would be place for a culture lesson. Long explanation short, this cat brings good luck. ^-^