Falconwing
Unintentional Thread Killer
Send a message via AIM to Falconwing

Old 11-10-2012, 11:10 PM

Bartuc: How much are you selling Eyes of the Wild for?

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 AM

So many fantastic items.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 AM

Hi guys, just thought i'd remind you of the rules. Last time someone posted in this thread was in september. I think Barty has been away for a wee while *nods*.

Quote:
Thread Necroing
  • If a thread has not been posted in 30 days, it is considered "dead." At this point, the only person who may post in it (or "revive" it) is the thread owner. When using the search feature for this forum, please pay close attention to the timestamp on the most recent post. No matter how sweet the deals in that thread may be, if it's dead, it's dead! The thread owner obviously no longer wishes to conduct business in their shop, and may have even left the site entirely. Bringing the thread back up to the top would only cause confusion in other users who would then think the thread is active.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 PM

since it's active again.....Bartie we still have an open trade.
my goldies are in there waiting on your end.
i hope you were promoted!
*fingers crossed*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM

thank you Bartie
I moved the goodies over and accepted
Hope all is well

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 PM

Oh.. I guess you are unable to be active? > w <

I was hoping to offer on a few items you have.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 PM

Do let me know if you pop by again, as I'd love to get my hands on a few of the lovely things that you've collected over the years. Please and thank you.

~Seri

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 AM

I started this thread a long long time ago. This thread has been through multiple revamps and setups. It has also been used to sell well over 100 million gold in items if I remember right from my last calculated total amount of gold transferred through my account (to include mule).

When I started this thread I did it in the initial wanting to get Panda slippers. Was the only thing on the site I truely wanted. I eventually became hungry to do more and quest for more. I wanted everything under the sun on this site. Through dedication and constant trading and making friends I achieved everything on the site, to include commons, at one point. Most of my commons were bought directly from the store which shelled out probably a couple million gold out of the currency system.

When I moved on to becoming a moderator my store held strong for awhile, though I did alot less trading. Eventually I became a posting and hang out whore instead of a trader. Though, the store still held strong with several sales and helping sponsor some events and charity events in the past.

This site has come along way but has kept one thing intact the entire time. The friendliness of people has been what has kept me coming back. When I came here I went to Gaiaonline alot less. Once I started becoming more and more inactive on this site. I still would swing by and check out stuff. This site is a good thing and the member-base is amazing. The people truly care and help people out. The lack of corruption in the site has been so much less then I thought could ever happen on a site like this and it is because of the standards and morals upheld by the staff themselves.

I have been asked in the past by several people as to why I went from posting 50-100 times a day to just banning myself and stopping. To be honest with you guys, I had pretty much hit rock-fucking-bottom. I was depressed, I had alot of mental issues arising from my time in the military with a lot of shit I had seen and done. I was using the site as a crutch to hold myself up and as a staff member was resulting in a giant lack of sleep and alot of hateful and angry posts behind-the-scenes. One I recall where Jelly and I were going at it over a specific issue resulting in a members constant on-site performance and off-site performance. Believing this user was using the site to benefit themselves off-site. Which I know I ended up cussing Jelly, Sizzla and Daria out. Which mind you I was friends with them all but that is how "bipolar" and Angry I was becoming.

I was completely unfit to be a staff member at that time and I think it became apparent when my answer to everything was "Ban that motherfucker." So, I took the step to give myself a ban and be destaff even as a couple people just told me to take time off, which didn't work so.. yeah. My mood was flipping like a light switch does to the light. I was completely unstable in every aspect. Remaining on this site would have resulted in a ban due to behavior.

The staff members are good people and are there in your best interest. Even if at times it doesn't seem like it. They have the users full interest at heart.

This is my Closing up shop post and I hope that everyone has enjoyed their time on this site and I hope that one day I can find the motivation to once again came back and post here everyday instead of every 1-14 months.

o7

PS: My peeblos still arent for sale. 8D

Thread will be locked in 48 hours from this edit <3

---------- Post added 05-22-2013 at 09:49 AM ----------

Also note I am not selling Anything at this moment.

Last edited by Bartuc; 05-22-2013 at 07:34 AM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-22-2013, 12:02 PM

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed working with you as a staff member. I wish you all the best and I hope your IRL troubles are behind you, or at least are on the mend. I hope you come back someday and we can chat again.

Anglie
Courage is the Magic that turns ...

Penpal

Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 PM

Aw I'm sorry Bartuc! I didn't know so much was going on :( I do hope most of it is over now though, or will be soon!
Yes the military can be stupid, last I heard you were in Germany yes? The weather there doesn't help with bad days/moods either specially as of late with all the rain and cold but summer comes soon! (hopefully)
I'm glad you were back for a bit and sad you're leaving but hopefully one day you'll be able to come back
Wishing you luck with everything!

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 PM

Love, dude. Lots of it. It sounds like you've been through a lot and continue to do so, yet you've hinted it's on an upswing. Keep chugging!

Life gets in the way, otherwise I'd not have quit staff. The staff is great and like you say, the members here (staff included) support one another. It's refreshing, and it makes it inviting to always come back!

Keep in touch. :)

Protagonist
(╯°□°)╯...
Send a message via AIM to Protagonist Send a message via MSN to Protagonist

Old 05-22-2013, 11:51 PM

Good luck B- Hope life treats you well.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 AM

Hey Barty, the thing about friends, is that we don't get hung up when one of us is not able to treat the others like they normally do. I enjoy(ed) your friendship and getting to be on staff with you. I am glad to hear you are doing a bit better. You know me, I am good at worrying...And yes, you are one of my many internet friends who I wonder and worry about. Please take care of yourself. You are the only you that you get in this lifetime. May as well treat yourself good. You are 100% right, the staff and members here are a little community. We really do want to see it grow and prosper here. We all really do care a lot about this little website of ours, and want to protect it and watch it flourish. I hope to see you back here someday soon.

`F o a m
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 05-23-2013, 05:17 AM

*sniffles*
I come back to visit and I see this. :(
I hope everything with you goes well, Bartuc! <3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 PM

Bartie♥ i hope life treats you well in your future
Depression and bipolar are very painful to deal with