Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 AM

Hello!
And welcome...
To my updated art request thread!

I am currently looking for a specific character to be drawn. You will find him in the spoiler tag below, and below the spoiler tag, answers to questions you may have.

Cian RedicanX

Name: Cian Redican

Sex: Male

Race: Irish

Appearance: Cian stands five feet, eight inches tall and weighs a very little amount because he is very small and slight. Thin and elegant in build, his hands are long and well built to handle small instruments and items that would be lost otherwise. A sharp face with gentle contours, a small nose. Large, heavily-lashed eyes that are the tone of amethyst, and coppery-brown hair that’s slightly long, always in his eyes, and only barely able to be put back in a ponytail (the front remains loose). Lightly tanned skin, a slight mark on his neck underneath his left ear. He often wears clothes based on an older style---generally a buttondown long-sleeved shirt, a vest of a darker shade, black or brown slacks, and leather shoes of a matching color.

Homeland: The States (near southern California)

Occupation (previous): N/A

Occupation Details: N/A

Occupation (current): Jeweller

Occupation Details: Creates custom rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and various other pieces of jewelry for both the shop his parents left him and custom orders.

Personality: Cian is a sweet, kind young man but has a problem with people. He’s cripplingly shy and tends to either go completely silent when spoken to or develops an obvious stutter. He blushes very easily, and when he does speak it’s in a very quiet tone. He’s rather easily startled, a bit of a bookworm and doesn’t like to get around others unless he has to.

Alternatively, when Cian is exposed to alcohol and has a fre drinks, he becomes talkative, energetic and ready to be around people, always becoming very flirty and sometimes losing clothing. He rarely remembers what he’s done the next day.

Positives: Very good at what he does, a very loyal friend and is always there if someone needs him. He’s a good listener and rather intelligent.

Negatives: He never branches out unless forced. Desperately shy, he’s always a wallflower at parties but can lose all his inhibitions very easily.

Known Abilities: Comes from a family of magicians, has powers that are real

History: Cian comes from a long line of magicians whose powers are real, given to them long, long ago under circumstances that his parents purposefully kept from him. Unfortunately his family has had a nasty habit of dying, and they died in a dreadful car accident before they ever told him, leaving him and his estranged but famous uncle the last two in the Redican bloodline.

Cian never wanted to be a magician like his family. He was sheltered by his parents, avoiding any new person, creating his paralyzingly shy disposition. Because of this he didn’t want to get into performing magic for huge audiences, and instead took his adoration of gemstones into account, collecting one of every gemstone he could possibly find and creating jewelry for clients.

Recently Cian’s uncle died under mysterious circumstances, and because he’s the last remaining Redican alive, everything his uncle owned was transferred to him in the man’s last will and testament, along with a strange letter.

Char BastenX

Name: Char Basten

Sex: Male

Race: Human (French heritage)

Homeland: France (specificity unknown)

Occupation (previous): None

Occupation Details: N/A

Occupation (current): Graphic Novelist

Occupation Details: Writes and draws stories and full novels. Generas include horror, murder-mystery, and post-apocalypse oriented.

Personality: Very quiet and reserved, usually mistaken for shy. Char isn't much of a people person and has a very dark personality in general. He's relatively obsessed with death and the end of the world, but not to the point of dysfunction. He tries to keep to himself and has a very even, bordering on eerie, way of dealing with anger or annoyance, in which he simply states his facts and disregards anyone that won't drop a subject. He is obsessively detailed in all his illustration work, becoming nearly catatonic, bent over his work station with a pen or pencil in his hand and barely moving. He's well known to go the extra mile in being active because of his rather sit-still occupation, and as such is very strong and fast.

Positives: Nice enough and quite helpful if asked the right way. Fast and strong, loyal to the point of self-destruction and dedicated to his work and any friends.

Negatives: Obsessive with his work and can come off as short or cold to those that might not know him. Often very pessimistic.

Known Abilities: Can run quite a distance, lift twice his weight easily.

History: He has French heritage, but has grown up in the States. Char had many chances to become a high-ranking member of various orchestras and bands, but desperately wanted to become an artist of sorts instead, and be able to tell stories through drawings. So becoming a graphic novelist was his calling. Since eighteen he has practiced and sent off stories to be reviewed, but only recently has really set off with a new book. Already he's feeling the effects of budding stardom.

While living at home Char worked on his family's ranch, difficult day-to-day activity that kept him strong and quite fit, though he quickly became bored of the life and moved to a city, where he found a publisher and is now beginning to become known.

Q- What art style do you prefer?
  • A- I don't care, so long as you avoid chibis. I'd rather not have many of those.

Q- What other style do you prefer?
  • A- I'd like him to look older, more mature. As a young adult would.

Q- How much do you check this thread?
  • A- Quite often, more than once a day.

Q- Can I ping you if you don't respond within a day?
  • A- Please do~! I don't mind pings, just try not to make a habit of it.

Q- How much do you pay?
  • A- On the higher end. I'll willingly give upwards of 3 to 4k for art. It depends on the work put in.

Q- Do you have specific poses for this character?
  • A- No. I like you to have creative freedom, so pose him how you like, though within personality.

Q- What about the bottom half of your character?
  • A- That's up for you to decide, should you draw that far! If it matches, have at it.

Q- Do you like PMs?
  • A- I'm just fine with them! In fact, many people contact me that way.

Q- Do you have items to trade?
  • A- Of course! You can see those below. Depending on their worth I'd gladly give more than one.

Big Stuff?

Imperial Regality
Kitsune and Caboodle
BRAINZZZ
Siriusly?
Apocalypse Engineer
Ixion's Children
Rub-A-Dub-Dub
A Night in the Graveyard
Overlord's Wrath

Little Stuff?

Beachcomber's Bounty
Duvalian Mining Corp.
Brunch of Nearly Champions
Hydroponic Laboratory
Picnic Set
It's a MONSTER! D:
Wildhearts
Deep in the Jungle
Marshmallow Egg
Crystal Cavern
Cacoa Plantation

You've reached the end! Hopefully you put your good work to use for me, because I'm more than willing to give for some great-quality artwork!

Questions? Concerns?
Contact me here or via visitor message!
Vinn#4378

Last edited by Tachigami; 02-02-2014 at 08:49 AM..

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-24-2012, 08:14 AM

I like them both D:
I can think of pictures for both of them...

Can ask what their eye color, hair color is?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 AM

All right (You can ignore that last message, I got mixed up)

Lee's is Black. Or at least, so dark gray they appear black. Matt's is pale blue. Kind of like Mene's forum background blue.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-24-2012, 08:51 AM

Ok. And their hair color?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM

The links work, don't they? They do for me, anyway. (And like I said in the first post I'd hope for them to be together since they go through the majority of the book like that)

But Lee's is black, and Matt's is light blonde. Just like the images tell. I got as close as I could.

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 PM

First things first, I wouldn't want money or an item or whatever else.

All the other questions... would you want them drawn together or apart - like a couple, friends, or just in the same image? I guess I'm asking what their relationship is so I can determine their proximity to one another. And what type of positions or poses would you like - standing, leaning, sitting, hugging, no preference? Do you want full body art or chest up? What type of clothing do they usually wear, specifically Matt. As far as facial expressions go, is it appropriate to have them smiling or is one not a smiler? Pretty much just need to know whether or not they should look miserable, pissed, love struck, or happy.

Hmmmm. I think those are all of my questions.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:05 PM

Huh, I love the specifics!

Let's see... Drawn together, since they're not apart for more than a few days in the plot. And Lee and Matt have a weird... tolerance-friendship thing. Lee tolerates Matt but won't leave him, while Matt considers Lee more of a friend. I'd prefer them standing closer together (situations don't let them get too far away). Lee would have an annoyed or slightly angry expression on his face (that, or a slightly crazed smile, whichever you'd prefer), and Matt would appear a bit worried, concerned for something that can't be seen. As for style, full body is what I'm picking for.
As for what they wear, like I said in post one, I'd rather Lee be in the hospital-issued straitjacket and plain pants and booties, and Matt wearing what's shown in the image: a black-gray striped short and gray jeans, and black and white sneakers.

Also: You must have something! I won't let it go undone. At the very least choose something from the image I've put in the first post. A lot of that stuff I don't want, especially the things on the bottom couple rows.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 PM

Ok then.

It looks like you have another person as well.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 PM

Yes! But she'll be taking something whether she likes it or not. You're still free for the Siriusly item.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 PM

Ok then :)

I'll get around to doing it as soon as I can.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 PM

Take your time! No need to rush!

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-26-2012, 02:55 AM

OKay, I will. I'll have plenty of time tomorrow though 8D

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:13 AM

All right! I won't be here tomorrow, probably, though. Unless plans change. Either way, would you PM the finished product to me? I'll definitely have to list it in one of my albums.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-26-2012, 03:14 AM

Yep! I will :D

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 AM

Thank you!

And yes, people, I'm still looking for art!

However, the Siriusly item has been claimed by WherededIGo

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-26-2012, 03:22 AM

*waves*
Thanks a bunch Tachgami! Ill do my best :D

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachigami View Post
Huh, I love the specifics!

Let's see... Drawn together, since they're not apart for more than a few days in the plot. And Lee and Matt have a weird... tolerance-friendship thing. Lee tolerates Matt but won't leave him, while Matt considers Lee more of a friend. I'd prefer them standing closer together (situations don't let them get too far away). Lee would have an annoyed or slightly angry expression on his face (that, or a slightly crazed smile, whichever you'd prefer), and Matt would appear a bit worried, concerned for something that can't be seen. As for style, full body is what I'm picking for.
As for what they wear, like I said in post one, I'd rather Lee be in the hospital-issued straitjacket and plain pants and booties, and Matt wearing what's shown in the image: a black-gray striped short and gray jeans, and black and white sneakers.
This looks like something I can worth with. I can't get started right away, especially since I can't always be on the computer, but I'll try to get some drawings and sketches done sometime.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:11 PM

Thank you! I'll be glad to wait as long as you need.

Although let me know if you need anything more specific than what I've got written there.

Also, I clicked your eggs. I love the dragon caves' dragons.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 PM

Oooh, great characters. O 3 O

And I have a perfect scene in mind. ^ w ^

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:36 PM

Oh, thank you!

Just let me know how much you'll want for the work, eh?

I'll be patient.

Yes I'm still searching! I'll be searching until I either can't afford to do so anymore or... No, that's about it.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 AM

Have any items to offer?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 AM

I have a.... Karasu Ningyo to offer, if you'd like that. At least, I think I do, I'll go check.

---------- Post added 05-31-2012 at 12:14 AM ----------

Also, a few Halloween baskets and a Cloak of Death. ((Yes I do have the Karasu Ningyo))

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-31-2012, 06:30 AM

So it's been taking so long. I keep having surprises thrown on me!

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 AM

Don't worry about it, I can understand!

Surprises happen, you can't predict them. Get them done when you can, eh? No rush here.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 05-31-2012, 07:04 AM

Eyup! Illstart on them tonight, or tomorrow.