HederaHelix
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 AM

Is it just something you do in your spare time just for fun?
Or are you striving to get recognised as an artist?
What's the impact it has on your life? You have to make any sacrifices?
What do you do besides art and how do the two affect one and other?
Do you have support?
What do you plan to do about it? How determined are you?

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 PM

I plan to be an art teacher and also hope to sell plushies on the side. I draw/make or at least work on something every day.

I'm going for an art associates degree right now but my school doesn't have art classes, wtf right?, so I've pretty much been self guided over the last year and a half. Which isn't bad, I still give myself homework so I'm still working.

HederaHelix
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 AM

@WishingMoon, you sound very determined to make it, that's good. Do you have moral support from others?

Oh, and I just realized that I didn't answer my own questions. Seems fair I do.
I used to do art as a hobby, then I went to arth school but after that I just came back to doing it as a hobby. I concentrated more on finding a job and started a site about my town. Last year I realized I can't do anything that I don't like so I'm back to art, and I still keep my site. I opened a t-shirt an online T-shirt shop and I try to make it work.
I'm also working on a book.

People aren't really taking me seriously when it comes to my shop. And it has a strange impact on the people who like my site because my art is...umm...dark...they expected a mre bubbly person to be behind it (they didn't know who I was until this year)

sooo, this is my story. still want to hear others stories.

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Depends on what you mean by support. My parents help pay for school which would mean they support me, and my dad likes to ask about my art, sometimes I'll talk about it with him. My family has always helped get me supplies too.

My mom rarely, and I mean rarely, looks at my art but I'm really ok with that.

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 AM

i plan on becoming a graphic novelist, but i kinda had to put it on hold due to my kids. i still try to keep my skills up but its difficult when i cant always afford my supplies. i also keep up writing so ill have a good story to go with my artwork. im really hoping to someday finally get to working on a graphic novel and get it published. i really dont think ill get to do it soon, tho, but im still very determined.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 AM

Well, I plan to be a concept artist or a character modeler. Right now I am in an art school going for a major in Game Design.

My parents have supported me all through my life and the career path I've chosen for myself.

Some of the sacrifices are that I've made is give up my social life. I still have it but I'm pretty reclusive because of how much time you have to put into your artwork. So because of that, I have less friends but I am swell because reaching my goal is pretty important.

Kiba_Ryuun
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 PM

I originally thought of becoming a tattoo artist, inspired by my uncle. I've taken Art Fundamentals in college and am now in a cross road of whether I want to proceed with my original plans. I'm aiming for an Illustrations diploma. I try to draw non-school related things as often as I can. My mother and friends support and encourage me to continue through the art route, since the only alternative is being a minimum wage fast food worker forever.

Oh, and yes, I went through the whole 'mangaka' aspiration phase too.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-05-2012, 11:35 AM

I've found it difficult to really incorporate art into my life because I'm always doing something else or able to do something else. Doing art is this mixture of reward and chore for me. And it has been for quite a while. By leaving my Illustration major in favor of something technical, I hope to keep art in my life, but take the chore part out of it. Same as before though, it's finding the time to do something for it!