View Poll Results: how nice are you to noobs?
grrr... dumb noob go read a faq 42 18.83%
awww aren't you cute? you look so lost 190 85.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM

oh! then you're not so new! XDDD; just curious since it seems like you still have a lot to go~ *Q*; so, i assumed you were really new, like birdie (may be a bit older) XD; sorry about that!

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 AM

No, actually, that's cool. XD

Most people usually assume that I'm older than I am, which leaves me confused. >_>;

I do have a lot left. :rofl: Most of the stuff I do have was donated. O_O
Kita is a lucky girl. xD

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Good Morning everyone!!
*sigh no new offers?*

WOW that is quite the quest list >.< My list of commons looks like that but I'm not even going to start w/ those until The CI's and EI's are out of the way. That way I won't come back to a chilled beauty at 1k :o lol

AWWW *tear* a Subscriber! That's so sweet! I've never had a subscriber before *warm lovey glow* Really I'm always going to be primarily buying it seems. Except for the current CI
Of which I think They way I'll do it is:
First paycheck four sets
One for me to ware
One for me to hoard for about 3 years or so
2 for me to sell
Second paycheck four sets
All for sale. Hopefully that will be enough back stock t last me a bit!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound Birdie View Post
No worries, I have a habit of rambling myself. It sounds like I'll be making most of my money here as I have on gaia long term investing and an art shop ^.^

Halloween is getting close *glee*
XD Well - keep an eye on the Art Contests forum after the Halloween event... I just finished an art contest on the 3rd, but I still have at least one copy of most of my prizes, so I'm going to run another one after I've given an MIA winner time to get back to me on what she wants for her prize. XD; (She joined the military, so it may be awhile. XD; ) But you can go check out the prizes I have with my old contest, seeing as I've updated the prize list.

Anyway, this is probably hubris, as I'm the captain of the event coordinating team but... >_> Menewsha has some of the very best avatar site events out there. And I think you'll enjoy the event. ;)

Quote:
*I KNEW I should have reserved a few posts :insane:
Just shoot me a PM if you want me to move posts so you can have more posts for your first page. :) It doesn't take but a moment and I don't mind. Just tell me how many you need. :)

`Kitami

Old 10-10-2008, 03:47 AM

-giggles-
If you think THAT list is long, Birdie, you should see Kita's common quest list. >w>;

Kita's addicted to pixels. u_u;

No problem on the subscriber thing! XD
I try to give new threads that I run into a boost, especially if I think the owners are nice. :3

Bound Birdie

Old 10-10-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
XD Well - keep an eye on the Art Contests forum after the Halloween event... I just finished an art contest on the 3rd, but I still have at least one copy of most of my prizes, so I'm going to run another one after I've given an MIA winner time to get back to me on what she wants for her prize. XD; (She joined the military, so it may be awhile. XD; ) But you can go check out the prizes I have with my old contest, seeing as I've updated the prize list.

Anyway, this is probably hubris, as I'm the captain of the event coordinating team but... >_> Menewsha has some of the very best avatar site events out there. And I think you'll enjoy the event. ;)

Just shoot me a PM if you want me to move posts so you can have more posts for your first page. :) It doesn't take but a moment and I don't mind. Just tell me how many you need. :)

>.< *up-roaring laughter* Oh a contest nonono I haven't the skills for anything like that... with a shop I can get away with it because people know what there getting into. No automatic loss for me thanks >.o lol My stuff can be cute I guess but it's really more play .. and I can never seem to finish anything, so I would most likely miss the deadline! Do you do any arts yourself?
Oh and Capt. Howdy fixed the posts for me earlier :) Thank you though I will keep you in mind. The always helpful people around here. I LOVE that if you need a mod or somethings help it always it this job of trying to hunt one down and then wait forever to get a responds.. *shakes fist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
-giggles-
If you think THAT list is long, Birdie, you should see Kita's common quest list. >w>;

Kita's addicted to pixels. u_u;

No problem on the subscriber thing! XD
I try to give new threads that I run into a boost, especially if I think the owners are nice. :3
lol I haven't even be gone to surf the shops thoroughly all I know is that I want everything that is/has black purple silvery ... maybe some water air stuff..
Okay okay lets just be honest really I want at lest two colors of everything. :squee:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 PM

Yeah. :3 I'm an artist myself... http://www.side7.com/art/klawzie/ <-- has a lot of my artwork, but not much recent stuff. More of my recent stuff is here: http://www.shareapic.net/users/klawzie/

But I know what you mean about a shop versus a contest. XD And considering I'm sitting on several pieces of artwork I owe to staff members of Menewsha... I know about taking awhile to finish things too. >_>;;

I'm glad th' Cap'n hooked you up earlier. :) Depending on when you log in, there will either be a load of Staff online or only a few... And the 'few' that would be online are the ones who don't generally handle this sort of thing anyway. (Technically, it's not my job to do that sort of thing, but I do it anyway as it doesn't take long to do and it's easy. ;B ) But the only reason users can't do it themselves is because it makes cheating in page-contests virtually impossible. XD; But, anyway - feel free to send me a PM anytime. I may not be online at the time, but if you're willing to wait awhile, I will get to it the next time I'm online. XD

`Kitami

Old 10-11-2008, 12:13 AM

-coughcough- Speaking of finishing things... O__o

-goes to scribble on CK's art some more- :drool:

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 10-11-2008, 12:22 AM

Bound Birdie, how far in advance do you take reservations on the following month's CI's? I really would like to find a supplier for each months CI's, but I can only purchase one set per month, which will be for myself. If I could find a supplier to sell them to me ahead of time, it would be so much easier.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-11-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiziali View Post
Bound Birdie, how far in advance do you take reservations on the following month's CI's? I really would like to find a supplier for each months CI's, but I can only purchase one set per month, which will be for myself. If I could find a supplier to sell them to me ahead of time, it would be so much easier.
Well I guess that there is no reason I can't reserve them as soon as soon as people request them! I can't do any more reserve any more this month (but I will be auctioning two sets of soon) Would you like to reserve A set for Nov.:)

`Kitami

Old 10-11-2008, 10:17 AM

Soo...when you get the sets, do me and Leeky just get to buy them from you automatically and be done with it, or do we have to do the auction thing? o.o

-is confused-

Fiziali

Old 10-13-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Well I guess that there is no reason I can't reserve them as soon as soon as people request them! I can't do any more reserve any more this month (but I will be auctioning two sets of soon) Would you like to reserve A set for Nov.:)
I would love to reserve a set for Nov. I already managed to purchase this months set. If you would like a deposit towards the Nov set, let me know how much and I'll send it your way.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah. :3 I'm an artist myself... http://www.side7.com/art/klawzie/ <-- has a lot of my artwork, but not much recent stuff. More of my recent stuff is here: http://www.shareapic.net/users/klawzie/

But I know what you mean about a shop versus a contest. XD And considering I'm sitting on several pieces of artwork I owe to staff members of Menewsha... I know about taking awhile to finish things too. >_>;;

I'm glad th' Cap'n hooked you up earlier. :) Depending on when you log in, there will either be a load of Staff online or only a few... And the 'few' that would be online are the ones who don't generally handle this sort of thing anyway. (Technically, it's not my job to do that sort of thing, but I do it anyway as it doesn't take long to do and it's easy. ;B ) But the only reason users can't do it themselves is because it makes cheating in page-contests virtually impossible. XD; But, anyway - feel free to send me a PM anytime. I may not be online at the time, but if you're willing to wait awhile, I will get to it the next time I'm online. XD
Wow those are pretty! your really good! I take it that you do plenty of commission work. Are you using some kind of photoshop? I'm very new to the digital art world and yeah I'm not quite confident w/ it yet, I'll hunt down my work in process maybe you will see why I don't think I could do an auction on my art.
an I will most definitely do that in fact I have to questions for you right now: One I know flobs or any kind of pictures to make your post longer but I've seen a bit of pretty pictures in the shops... and I was hoping it was one of those "in context" kinda things (like no double posting but reserving slots for shops and what not is okay) ..
because I would like to draw some cute thing for my shop if it is ever permanent.
also ... you had an item on a while back Was it Winter Birdys? or something? where did you get that? it was so cute...
Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami
-coughcough- Speaking of finishing things... O__o

-goes to scribble on CK's art some more- :drool:
Soo...when you get the sets, do me and Leeky just get to buy them from you automatically and be done with it, or do we have to do the auction thing? o.o

-is confused-
Well I'm glad I can be a motivator and no you are all set :) the auction is just open to anyone, Your on my list so I won't forget you'll be getting a bit after the 17th okay?
Quote:
I would love to reserve a set for Nov. I already managed to purchase this months set. If you would like a deposit towards the Nov set, let me know how much and I'll send it your way.
Okay your on my list. No worries I will start the trade and you'll pay the full balance then ... besides I'll always wait for the market to settle to know how much to ask for. No worries though if you don't agree with price or whatever let me know and I'll just re-open the slot!

`Kitami

Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 AM

CK's art is still not done yet....
Kita has too much stuff to do. xD;
I feel bad though...I mean, she didn't commish me or anything, but still she has been waiting for like over a week. D:
Last week was a BAD busy week though. u_u

Ok, so I just come in after the 17th and be like "Yay sets!" and you'll be like "Yay trade!" right?? xD
Sorry, kita gets confused easy, especially when its late like it is. xD
-falls asleep-

Bound Birdie

Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I feel bad though...I mean, she didn't commish me or anything, but still she has been waiting for like over a week. D:

Ok, so I just come in after the 17th and be like "Yay sets!" and you'll be like "Yay trade!" right?? xD
Sorry, kita gets confused easy, especially when its late like it is. xD
-falls asleep-
No worries I get confused without being tired >.<

A WEEK? a WEEK is awesome I have completed maybe about 3 projects in my whole life that weren't paid for. and they were all kinda... I'll work on it for about a month then drop it.. the one I have posted right now was REALLY old and I just now am fixing it up w/ the ole tablet.
Oh no, I don't mind if you pop in to say hello or anything but I'll send it right after I buy them... you will just have to log in and it will be like "SURPRISE! SETS FOR YOU!" :)

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM

don't feel so bad, kita! 8D; i suck at finishing commissions that have no deadlines early XD;; i'm generally slow in drawing and lately i've been busy, too D; good luck though! you can do it! 8D

and thank you again, birdie, in advance! and out of curiosity, IF i so happen not to like next month's items or something and decide to cancel november's order or "reservation" with you, will i be able to reserve a spot for the december list? :O

EDIT:
i'm not sure if you'd allow permanent reservation for each month, ya? just curious :O

Last edited by shosho; 10-13-2008 at 11:40 AM..

Fiziali

Old 10-13-2008, 11:23 AM

I see that you have reservations for Dec opened up as well...I'd like to reserve that spot too if that's ok. Thank you so much for doing this, Bound Birdie :)

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 PM

ohhh, can I be added to your December slots please? ^_^

Bound Birdie

Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho View Post
don't feel so bad, kita! 8D; i suck at finishing commissions that have no deadlines early XD;; i'm generally slow in drawing and lately i've been busy, too D; good luck though! you can do it! 8D

and thank you again, birdie, in advance! and out of curiosity, IF i so happen not to like next month's items or something and decide to cancel november's order or "reservation" with you, will i be able to reserve a spot for the december list? :O

EDIT:
i'm not sure if you'd allow permanent reservation for each month, ya? just curious :O
Hmmmm now that is a very interesting. On one hand I still get my economic benefit but on the other hand I would basically just be donating for two ppl .... lol that's not exactly fair distribution.... I'm not sure how to answer that yet, I will think for you.
....you wouldn't happen to know how to change a poll would you? I went to the advanced edit and I didn't see it...
Oh and no canceling a reservation will in no way effect later ones... but if you wanted DEC you'll have to wait for the auction because they have already been filled!

Quote:
I see that you have reservations for Dec opened up as well...I'd like to reserve that spot too if that's ok. Thank you so much for doing this, Bound Birdie :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
ohhh, can I be added to your December slots please? ^_^
No problem I added you both to the list! So around the twelve or so if I counted my calendar days right

Fiziali

Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 PM

Thanks again, Bound Birdie, I appreciate this :)

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-14-2008, 02:57 AM

If you're still wanting to buy a Chilled Beauty and Frozen Warmth I'll sell you one of each for 250g

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-14-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Wow those are pretty! your really good! I take it that you do plenty of commission work.
Thanks very much. :) :heart: I used to do commission work (as in the dollars type), but my main commissioner transferred jobs and wasn't making as much and couldn't afford to buy from me for quite awhile so I kinda... fell out of the habit. I need to get back into the game again. >_<;

Quote:
Are you using some kind of photoshop? I'm very new to the digital art world and yeah I'm not quite confident w/ it yet, I'll hunt down my work in process maybe you will see why I don't think I could do an auction on my art.
I actually use... OpenCanvas. XD I'm using version 3.something, but everything I do in it can be done with the freebie 1.1 version, if I recall correctly. I generally just use the watercolor brush in varying opacity (ie: how much 'water' I add to the color) and absolutely abuse the layers with multiply. XD;

You've got a pretty decent start, really. All it takes is practice. :3 What I used to do was find .wpe/.oci files from other artists and watch those in OpenCanvas. That taught me a lot about how to use the program and how to color. I have some older stuff saved, if you wanted me to upload them for you, just let me know. ^^; I may even have some really good ones from other artists. I can't remember if I saved some on this computer or not, though. :B

Quote:
an I will most definitely do that in fact I have to questions for you right now: One I know flobs or any kind of pictures to make your post longer but I've seen a bit of pretty pictures in the shops... and I was hoping it was one of those "in context" kinda things (like no double posting but reserving slots for shops and what not is okay) ..
because I would like to draw some cute thing for my shop if it is ever permanent.
Yeah - you can decorate your shop/quest first-page posts - that's perfectly cool. :) But decorating your regular posts with flobs is against the rules. XD

Quote:
also ... you had an item on a while back Was it Winter Birdys? or something? where did you get that? it was so cute...
Yeah - I love those things. XD Winter Birdies... I believe they're in Menewsha Imports towards the front (I think it's 350 gold, so it should be towards the front of the shop, whichever shop it's in). If not Menewsha Imports, try Wonderland Boutique. :3

Quote:
LOL. Honestly - don't worry about it. :hug: You don't even want to know how long I've had some people wait for their art. It does not reflect positively on me. >_>; Even if it were paid artwork, I wouldn't start wondering about it until like... two months out, unless we'd agreed on a very specific date for it. XD

Quote:
....you wouldn't happen to know how to change a poll would you? I went to the advanced edit and I didn't see it...
The bad thing about the way this software is coded currently, for polls is that they don't work quite right. >_< I can edit the poll and change it to something else, but those people who've already voted in the poll won't be able to vote again. :B

Hopefully that'll be fixed sometime. :B

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-14-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Hmmmm now that is a very interesting. On one hand I still get my economic benefit but on the other hand I would basically just be donating for two ppl .... lol that's not exactly fair distribution.... I'm not sure how to answer that yet, I will think for you.
Oh and no canceling a reservation will in no way effect later ones... but if you wanted DEC you'll have to wait for the auction because they have already been filled!
yah, i asked because i was confused by the PM you sent me a few days ago XDDD; but thank you anyway 8D i was going to suggest asking a staff member, but i see CK's already going to handle it for you 8D

Fiziali

Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 PM

*Kick starts the thread*

Pretty artsies *Drools*

Bound Birdie

Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 AM

Sorry I was gone for so long everybody! *sniffle* aww ppl posted while I was gone! I feel very loved indeed. Now reply's in order of appearance:

Quote:
Thanks again, Bound Birdie, I appreciate this :)
No problem! I always like to help out where I can! Thanks for stopping by and my thread stay alive in my absence
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
If you're still wanting to buy a Chilled Beauty and Frozen Warmth I'll sell you one of each for 250g
That sounds wonderful! Go ahead and send the trade and I will update my front page!

Quote:
Thanks very much. :) :heart: I used to do commission work (as in the dollars type), but my main commissioner transferred jobs and wasn't making as much and couldn't afford to buy from me for quite awhile so I kinda... fell out of the habit. I need to get back into the game again. >_<;
I can see why people would pay for you art >.< it's very worthwhile. I know how you feel about being out of practice, I drew a lot for gaia's forums and then my scanner broke and then a very long time later I finally saved up enough for a tablet. But re-learning how to draw with a brand new medium is a little strange all together

Quote:
I actually use... OpenCanvas. XD I'm using version 3.something, but everything I do in it can be done with the freebie 1.1 version, if I recall correctly. I generally just use the watercolor brush in varying opacity (ie: how much 'water' I add to the color) and absolutely abuse the layers with multiply. XD;
REALLY! Oh it's so nice to meet another OC user... they are so few and far between, every seems to use some kind of photoshop and well .. it wouldn't install ..plus my compy is old and likes tiny programs. I do have to say I use the watercolors the most as well... but I'm starting to experiment with a very Large pencil for more controlled shading. I also tend to use the add mode for my highlights and subtract for my shadow but I'll admit the colors are a little strange to work with....also once I accidentally compressed some layers when they weren't ready T.T so now that box gets quite long

Quote:
You've got a pretty decent start, really. All it takes is practice. :3 What I used to do was find .wpe/.oci files from other artists and watch those in OpenCanvas. That taught me a lot about how to use the program and how to color. I have some older stuff saved, if you wanted me to upload them for you, just let me know. ^^; I may even have some really good ones from other artists. I can't remember if I saved some on this computer or not, though. :B
umm What file names are those? A girl told me once I could see them on a viewer but I didn't find it in the program. I would love to see them! I need all the help I can get >.<
Quote:

Yeah - you can decorate your shop/quest first-page posts - that's perfectly cool. :) But decorating your regular posts with flobs is against the rules. XD
Good deal >.< It will still be a while before I fix it up but I wanted to double check on my limitations ... Would I be aloud to post a banner in the shop post just to keep thing separated and and some ...decor ?
Quote:
Yeah - I love those things. XD Winter Birdies... I believe they're in Menewsha Imports towards the front (I think it's 350 gold, so it should be towards the front of the shop, whichever shop it's in). If not Menewsha Imports, try Wonderland Boutique. :3
As long as there something that the price isn't going to increase I only have one item left out of my limited desires
Quote:
The bad thing about the way this software is coded currently, for polls is that they don't work quite right. >_< I can edit the poll and change it to something else, but those people who've already voted in the poll won't be able to vote again. :B

Hopefully that'll be fixed sometime. :B
Oh is changing a poll a lot not really encouraged? in that case I will try to think of a more permanent poll, Really I just need help deciding weather or not to sell to just two people or to leave the slots first come first serve...can I put that as an off topic discussions or wait there is a market place discussion forum isn't there... I should just post it in there. :sweat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho View Post
yah, i asked because i was confused by the PM you sent me a few days ago XDDD; but thank you anyway 8D i was going to suggest asking a staff member, but i see CK's already going to handle it for you 8D
Sorry I didn't mean to be confusing. Really it's just that if the demand is really high then i feel it's more fair to do the first come first serve for now, but if your always here first and the demand is low it will be just like having a permanent spot! If business is slow then I will reconsider it and pm you and go over it with you. How's that?