Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 01-25-2008, 04:31 AM

My dear Menewshians! The previous Event left us so scattered and disorganized that I only just now had time to go through my personal library and look for information on those Heartface Foxes that appeared during the Valentine's Event!

Unfortunately, I did not find much in my personal library... but I am a regular correspondent with an esteemed literary historian - Sir Cassian Keane the Third - and he advanced me an excerpt from the Bestiary he is currently working upon!

I will be posting that here in my next post so that you might look it over. If you have any questions about these creatures Sir Keane refers to as "animabestia", please feel free to ask in-thread and I will let you know when I've heard back from Sir Keane on the matter! I'm certain it would assist him in refining his Bestiary - as he certainly has to edit this particular entry now, as the Heartface Fox exists once more!

My darling Cessy would also enjoy playing a game with you in celebration of the arrival of these magical creatures to our happy island of Menewsha. Please do feel free to purchase tickets for that as well!

The Fox Hunt game is now over! But you may still ask about the foxes for some period of time!
Please also consider dropping by the Feedback Thread and voicing your opinions and thoughts!
Thank you!

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 01-25-2008, 04:31 AM

This is an excerpt from The Book of Fairy Tales, Folk Tales, and Legends of Menewsha: Volume 1 - Bestiary, written by literary historian, Sir Cassian Keane the Third.

Italicized text from an old bestiary Sir Keane referenced in his research.

----

Heartface Fox, The
The hart-fase foxe is a creeture of some greate power. They were created to bee companyons to the people of Menewsha and comforte them in their sadnesse and celebrate with them in their joys.

Many tales exist, told in the old days by Menewshian grannies to children about the Heartface Fox. Once, every school-child knew the popular stories like: "How the Heart-Faced Fox Got an Ever-Changing Coat", "The Princess and the Fox With the Heart Face", and "The Hearted Fox Who Became a Man". In more modern times, there are few who know these delightful fairy stories. The following information has been gleaned from surviving tales, ancient bestiaries, and old illustrations.

* Classification
Kingdom - Magus Animalia
Class - Animabestia
Genus - Luxnocen Vulpes
Common Name - Heartfox/Heartface Fox

* Origin
There are many stories on how the Heartface Fox came to exist, but none of them quite agree. Some claim that when settlers first came to Menewsha, the Heartface Fox already roamed the island. Others tell of a magical toy-maker creating them for the children of Menewsha. Still others speak of a god or spirit creating them from the strong heart of a human hero named Pao who had both great good and great evil within him. But all tales agree that they were created on Menewsha.

+ Description
Overall, they resemble a rather large fox. They stand approximately two feet tall in the shoulder and are approximately two and a half feet long (not counting their tail). Their ears are long and sharply pointed. They have no eyes, but their faces have a heart-shaped marking of velvet-like short fur. Otherwise, their coats are either black or white, their tail being tipped in red.

+ Temperament
The Heartface Fox is a very social creature. They need the company of others to be happy. Though their individual personalities seem to vary from account to account, their cleverness appears to often get them into trouble unless they find a human companion to settle them. They are said to be excellent pets and can be trusted with children.

+ Abilities
As the Heartface Fox has no eyes, but is exceptionally agile, it is assumed they see via some other means.

Heartface Foxes change their coat color from white to black based on mood. Generally, it is their own mood - but their coat color can be influenced by their human companion's mood as well.

All tales report that they understand human language, particularly when accompanied by strong emotions. The Heartface Fox communicates through purring or chirruping sounds. They only speak in human language in tales where all animals speak/a human is able to speak the language of animals or when a Heartface Fox takes the form of a human.

+ Care and Feeding
The Heartface Fox will eat whatever it is presented with, but left on its own does not seem to eat at all. Instead, they seem to gain strength through the strong emotions of their human companions. According to tales, they love to be brushed or petted.

+ Life and Death Cycle
There are no tales that include references to a Heartface Fox cub. Many tales specifically stress that a certain number of them exist and will ever exist. There are few references to the death of a Heartface Fox and most tell of them simply disappearing for extended periods of time.

+ A Final Legend
There is a tale to explain the complete disappearance of the Heartface Fox from Menewsha. It is said that when magic was sealed away from Menewsha, the Heartface Foxes slowly faded out of existence because they need the presence of magic to sustain themselves.

------------
And here are links to any PMs Sir Keane has sent regarding the foxes!

1 - Fairy Tale: How the Heart-Face Fox Got an Ever-Changing Coat

2 - Fairy Tale: The Princess and the Fox With the Heart Face (Also: Information on Sir Keane himself and Barnabas the Dreamer.)

3 - Fairy Tale: The Dragon and the Fox (Also: More information on Sir Keane's interaction with heartface foxes + some information on Sir Keane and Jeryck's interaction.)

4 - Fairy Tale: The Hearted Fox Who Became a Man

-------

These are links to any posts that I, Jeryck, have made that contain bits of historical or other background information that you may find interesting or useful!

1 - Re: Dragons & Heartface foxes

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 01-25-2008, 04:34 AM

Welcome to the "Fox Hunt" Game!
My grandpa helped me write this up, so I'll just post what it is he wrote, okay?

Sorry, the game is now over!

Overview
Fox Hunt is a lottery game where you try to guess what number the winning tile is! It costs 25 gold per ticket. Prizes range from gold to items!

THE BELOW IS A SAMPLE:

The above is a sample of what a game board looks like. The gold square is the winning square. Every round, the numbering will change! Number 13 may be the winning tile this round, but next round the number may be 20! (And winning numbers may or may not repeat!) It's purely luck. :)

You'll notice there are also white squares and black squares (with the Heartface foxes in them). White and Black square winners will be put into a hat at the end of the Fox Hunt Mini-Game and 10 names will be drawn from the hat. These 10 winners will receive their choice of any site common worth (store value) 500 gold or under.

How to Play
1) Donate 25 gold per ticket to the NPC "Cecilia".

EXAMPLE:

In the text box please note which tickets you are purchasing! (ex: If you purchased 1 ticket, you would pay 25 gold. If you purchased 3 tickets, you would pay 75 gold.)
* Please note that if you do not fill out the text box while donating, Cessy will not be able to record the purchase and prove you submitted your gold appropriately. Therefore, you will simply be contributing to the gold pot as we will not be bothering the Assistant Admins to check into donation history. PLEASE INCLUDE WHICH TICKET(S) YOU ARE PURCHASING! THANK YOU! (If you forget, I'm afraid they become donations for the pot and not ticket purchases!)

2) After each Round closes, Cecilia will announce who purchased a gold, white or black square ticket.
If multiple people purchased tickets for a gold square, the pot will be divided amongst them.
If multiple people purchased tickets for a white or black square, all of their names will go into the hat.
If a gold square goes unpurchased during a Round, the gold will carry over to the next Round.

Tickets
- Ticket numbers range from 1 - 36.
- You may purchase up to 10 tickets per round, if you wish.

Rules
- You may win a gold square up to 2 Rounds.
After that, you will not be able to play again for the rest of the Event to spread the wealth around. :)
- You may win as many times as you are lucky enough to on the black or white squares.

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 01-25-2008, 04:35 AM

[F.A.Q.]
If anyone has any questions that aren't in the info. above, we'll post the answers here, okay? I might get my grandpa's help in answering these, okay?

---

How do you play the game?
Please re-read the rules more carefully! Your questions should be answered there! (If it's not, please post your exact question in the thread and someone will try to help you!)

How long does each Round last?
They will last different lengths of time. Some rounds will be short; some will be long. It depends on if Cessy has something to do (like sleep or go eat).

How many Rounds will happen during the Event?
No one knows! It depends on how many Rounds per day Cessy is able to do! Hopefully several each day!

How long will the Event last?
The Event will end sometime on Friday. (The exact hour is unknown, but it will be posted that a Round is the last one of the Event!)

===============================

[Winner's Circle]
This is where the names of the winners will go! So we can keep track! Hee hee!

Round One
- Gold Winner: Leona of the Zodiac (937.02 gold)
- Fox Winners: King, Jennifer, Caroline, & WinglessFairy*.

Round Two
- Gold Winner: Mystical_Rain (904.88 gold)
- Fox Winners: Tetsumiro, Caroline, & Aero

Round Three
- Gold Winners: Jennifer & Guitar Hero (630.16 gold each)
- Fox Winners: Jennifer, Jenn_Heart, Guitar Hero & Trinitydoll

Round Four
- Gold Winner: Kadrias (2192.47 gold)
- Fox Winners: Eserel, Sylira, WinglessFairy, Guitar Hero, & blueblackrose

Round Five
- Gold Winners: blueblackrose & Princess Emeraude (825.79 gold each)
- Fox Winners: blueblackrose, vadeil, vadiel (she won two fox spots!), Heartagram, Ryuumi & WinglessFairy.

Round Six
- Gold Winners: Winterwolfgoddess, Nuru & Jesmond (487.26 gold each)
- Fox Winners: Waffle, fiarra, Jesmond, xdark_secretsx, L o g a n, & Jesmond (again, with a different ticket!)

Round Seven (Hosted by Mr. Mayor.)
- Mr. Mayor's winners were: Jennifer, King, Ruby Moon, Princess Emeraude, blueblackrose and Sakura_Madison.

The names above will be drawn in a different hat from the Fox Winners and will have the chance to win a 500 gold item.

Round Eight
- Gold Winners: Heartagram, blueblackrose, & Monbohn (731.61 gold each.)
- Fox Winners: Jennifer, Yume_no_Yume, JoieD, Winterwolfgoddess, Monbohn, Sylira,& JoieD (again, with a second ticket)

Round Nine
- Gold Winner: Caroline (approximately 1100 gold)
- Fox Winners: fiarra & Sammi

--------------

[Overall Fox-Catcher's Winner's Circle]
These are the ten winners of the fox hunt winner drawings!

- Caroline
- Jenn_Heart
- Guitar Hero
- Trinitydoll
- Waffle
- xdark_secretsx
- JoieD
- Winterwolfgoddess
- Monbohn
- Jennifer

[Winner of Mr. Mayor's Special Drawing]
This is the winner who won the drawing from Mr. Mayor's special round!

- Ruby Moon

Congratulations to everyone!

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 01-25-2008, 04:37 AM

And now you are, of course, welcome to purchase tickets in Cessy's little game, ask me for further information on these fantastical creatures, or comment as you like!

Carry on!

Quote:

Last edited by Jeryck; 12-08-2008 at 04:08 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 AM

Good luck on your game, Cessy! ;3

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 03-05-2008, 04:51 AM

*giggles*
Thank you Aunty CK!

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-05-2008, 04:59 AM

Oh, how fun! And Cessy, you're adorable! I'd give you candy but some shirtless cat boy giving a little girl candy is some how creepy. How about cookies? ^-^

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 03-05-2008, 04:59 AM

whee! a game! i just love games!

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 03-05-2008, 05:01 AM

Mr. Burnt Cessy would love cookies! *bounces* Can Cessy have a giant chocolate chip cookie please?

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:01 AM

This is so exciting! -jumps up and down-

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-05-2008, 05:02 AM

Awwww....! Cute!

Big cookie for Cessy!

It's baking. o.o;;

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 03-05-2008, 05:03 AM

aww Biscuts beat me to the first post D;

Cecilia: cookies? yay cookies! i want a giant cookie tooootootooo! X3

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

This looks like so much fun! OwO

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Ms. Wingless. Mr. Burnt is baking them! I can't wait!

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-05-2008, 05:04 AM

^-^

~waiting for timer~

I estimate about ten minutes. ~nod nod~

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome

Old 03-05-2008, 05:04 AM

-dances around with Cessy- I just love cookies X3

but i hate studying. when you become big and go to school, don't take Digital Electrical Engineering @_@

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 03-05-2008, 05:05 AM

*manages to shuffle along behind Cessy into the thread. he stops and adjusts his hat*

Now Cessy, you know not to get too far ahead of your grandpa. *smiles*

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 03-05-2008, 05:07 AM

GRANDPA!
*hugs*

I didn't go that far!

@Ms. Wingless What's an Digital Electrial Engineering?

@Mr. Burnt. Yay! *finds Yumeh Timer and sets it up*

Jennifer

Old 03-05-2008, 05:07 AM

I hope I did that right...most likely not. D; -fails- XD

MessyArtist
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-05-2008, 05:08 AM

How much do Tickets cost? *go to check*
Hello Cecilia,Dear. And hello Mr. Jeryk

Jennifer

Old 03-05-2008, 05:09 AM

EME! Helloooo. :3
-throws pebbles at your head- o 3o OVERRR HHHEREE

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome

Old 03-05-2008, 05:09 AM

Cecilia: it's an icky class with wires and logic circuts and lots of memorizing of weird symbols and programming in 0's and 1's @_@

not very fun >_<

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 03-05-2008, 05:10 AM

*reads first posts*

*rereads* So... it's like a guess the number game? With each number guess costing 25 gold?

*stupid*

MessyArtist
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-05-2008, 05:10 AM

*wanders around thread*
Helo Fiarra.